High Heel Withdrawl?

Jen-Brin

Posting this here for everyone since I expect several guys to have just as much or more skill then us gals, when walking and wearing heels. Recently, like few days ago, I had an ingrown nail removed by a podiatrist. Since then I've avoided high heels, so my toe can fully heal and I won't have this problem. This is the third one I've had and second one since wearing heels actively in my daily life. But back to the point of the topic lol, get so side-tracked sometimes.... I'm now going through what could be called a withdrawl, I've wanted the past few days to wear a pair so badly. It is not fun let me tell ya, the only thing that is keeping me going though is the thought of my toe fully healing and never having to deal with an ingrown nail again for as long as I can..... Anyone else ever have something similar happen to them? Where its like a little addiction your trying to break but, with your heels?

For me it's usually social forces that keep me out of my high heeled western boots. Some genius where I work got the notion in his head that if we all dress better it will somehow make us smarter and magically cause money to fall in from the roof.. This stupid policy has nixed my wearing my favorite boots because I hate the way they look with men's dress pants. I also don't think that we're going to dress our way out of this recession.. LOL Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I wholeheartedly agree that we will likely not dress our way out of the recession, but oh, wouldn't it be fun if there were a direct link between the economy and everyone's heel height... EVERYONE's civic duty would be to wear the highest heels they can, including men! EUREKA! (completely tongue in cheek here)

Back on topic then...

I have often worn heels shortly after having an ingrowing toenail fixed without problem. It is not wearing heels specifically that causes this condition it is wearing poorly fitting shoes that cramp the toes that can Aggravate the condition. Choosing a pair of heels with a greater level of comfort would be no worse than wearing flats.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have just had over two weeks of wearing no high heels at at all. This was due to Christmas, working shifts and mostly down to my son being off school. This drought was due to be broken last Sunday as I was going shopping with MrsF and I was going to wear my block heel boots but she has the flu and has been very poorly for the whole of this week so we didn't go.

My son went back school yesterday and I didn't start work till two in the afternoon so I managed to wear my new boots I got from Next whilst on a meal break from work the other day. It felt so good I had them on for about four hours. When I bought them the assistant said they were very sexy and had I tried them on so she knew they were for me. We had a nice conversation and she was very helpful.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/Foxyheels/15b79bb3.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/Foxyheels/fce4ad2e.jpg

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Jen-Brin Withdrawl is no stranger to me in this case. A little over a year ago I was moving furnature by my self. My foot slipped on the carpet and as my foot came up to gain my balence, my foot struck the furnature. I hit the big toe, on my right foot, so heard it bled under the toe nail. My foot doctor removed the damaged nail. When it grew back, it grew in deformed and ingrown. On Nov. 10, 2010 I had to go back to the foot Doctor and have the toe nail perminently removed. The toe looked like it would never heal. I am Diabetic. About 10 to 14 days ago the toe finely began to dry up and scab over. Now I am able to wear my high heels again. I wear 6' high heel stilettos on a single sole shoe. See my avatar ? I am not young. I have been wearing nothing less than 5" high heels since I was 20yrs. old. I wore my mothers shoes befor that. Not once have my high heels ever caused an ingrown toe nail. It has been over 8 weeks befor I could wear high heels. Please be patient. If a fanatic like me can do it, you should be able to also. Best of Health to you. Mike

Oh sorry to hear that Foxy, hope she feels better. and Dr. Shoe, I might just scale back my heel height an inch or so and wear them a bit less frequently. Was wearing them everyday for the day at work and a chunk of the evening. Might help :S

Hey! Jen-Brin, I have also experienced in-grown toe-nails over the years, so I can feel your concerns. A few years ago, I fell and broke the heel of my foot. Needless to say I had to stay off my feet for about five to six months. I could only wear one heel for a while, because of the casting on the other foot. The nature of the break left me with a considerable disability for walking and it caused some deformities which included a couple of ingrown nails. The professionals rated my usage around 20 to 30% with the possibility of raising it to 60%. That meant I couldn't walk with any normacy without a limp and wearing heels on that foot wasn't even a possibility, according to them. These limitations had to be deleted, because I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life only wearing a heel on one foot. Well, with crutches in place, I put both high heels on anyway. It took a while and a lot of thoughts and words were expressed in disgust, but I decreased the disability enough so that heeling in fairly high heels is no longer an awkward perception. My walking still has a some defects that I am working to overcome and I will probably never be able to walk comfortably at the height of heels that I had previously worn. The break may have caused me to walk in flats or orthopedics, but my desire and determination got me back to a satisfactory level of heeling.

You might try some of the many styles of high heel sandals available that won't have any straps that touch the toe that's affected. There are lots of choices and surely you can find something to tide you over until the toe heals and you are back in the shoes you prefer. Just a suggestion. Steve

• 1 year later...

From #4 Dr. Shoe poorly fitting shoes that cramp the toes that can Aggravate the condition. Choosing a pair of heels with a greater level of comfort would be no worse than wearing flats.

So I say. Amen to that one.

As to withdrawal there two kinds. One time I was wearing 4 inch all day every day and had to re-stretch the leg muscles. The other kind that I get all the time is just a feeling how I wish that I could get back into my favorite HH. Then too I would like to get another pair of Earth shoes also.