loyalty on the brink of 10,000 posts

Let's see, this forum went active to the public in January of 2002. Since then, 1 member is now just 1 post away from cracking 10,000 posts.

If that's not a milestone of loyalty worthy of celebration, I don't know what is.

He's been with the forum through many different eras:

1. when Jeff owned and operated the forum

2. when Highluc was still active

3. when Firefox, Xa, Calv, Yamyam and Laurieheels built up the forum

4. he's seen Shafted come and go

5. he's seen the forum change ownership in real time to Tech

He's been around the block--461 weeks, or 3231 days to be exact.

My respect to Bubba136

:wave:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

My thanks to you, kneehighs, for your words of acknowledgement. 10,000 comments is a lot of words. While I'm sure that 80% (at least) are annoyed by me most of the time, I can safely say that some of my more "tart" comments are a result from having to answer the same questions over and over, again and again. But, that being said, when you take into consideration that most new members are so confident in their own minds that they are the only male on the face of the earth that likes to wear high heels, they are relieve at the realization and thrilled that they, finally, have found someone they can talk to, confide in and discuss an issue with that is, in most cases, such a closely guarded secret that they dared not reveal, discuss or indicate an interest in feminine footwear in any way, shape or form for fear of ridicule from family, friends and associates. So, as they say....take it from the top. All new people are very curious to find answers to a set of primary questions, including how to deal with family members, a spouse or girlfriend, amongst others. And, are eager to reveal their interests and present their collections for others to admire and discuss. I am confident that there are a lot of people that find hhplace while browsing the Internet and think "what a perverted place." Others that stumble across our forum and browse through the posting with curiosity to find out what it's all about. And then, there are those that, as I've pointed out, are thrilled to learn that there isn't a thing wrong with them because they aren't the only males that love high heels. And finally, there is the category that is, perhaps, the largest category of inquisitive readers of all. The guests or lurkers that are not members but are either to shy, to ashamed or wishing to remain anonymous in the shadows outside of the cone of light, feeding their curiosity and sorting out their feelings toward high heels and the idea that some men can actually wear them in public without shame or fear of adverse reaction. This is a "fun" forum. It is a very informative forum. And, I would dare say that it by in large much more beneficial and helpful to anyone possessing the urge, desire or practicing wearing high heels than the most of the psychologists working in this field because those of us that frequent this place have personal, practical experience in feeling all of the various apprehensions that are associated with this desire. So, let the experiences flow freely from now until the electricity is cut off. Until it is, I am confident that all of our members will remain in order to ease minds, provide advice and discuss the most comfortable, stylish and thought provoking footwear ever conceived by humans. Finally, I would like to acknowledge DawnHH, who I am sure would have preceded me to the 10,000 post count if his beloved wife, Mickey, hadn't become ill and requiring his devoted attention. I don't believe there is an long lasting member that doesn't know, admire and respect him. I really wish there was some way we could get in touch with him and let him know how much we miss him here and are praying for Mickey and him. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba ...

What a fine dissertation and everything you said is right on the mark. I have been a member here since 2008 and have enjoyed every minute and have met some good and interesting people. It is a very fun website and it has been fun and even somewhat of a relief to share my adventures in high heels and to realize how many people all over the world, and especially men, who enjoy collecting and wearing high heels whether in private or in public. And it has given me a refreshing appreciation of everyone's different likes and dislikes whether it be in fashion or private and public opinions. I congratulate you on your posts and please keep them coming.

Congratulations Bubba. A huge milestone. Most people don't think that it is so special because it is so hard to visualise what 10,000 of anything looks like. Well. 10,000 people is enough to fill most championship soccer stadia. 10,000 sheets of A4 paper is four cartons. 10,000 Miles is a drive from LA to Kilimanjaro in Africa and a drive round siteseeing! It would take an average person walking 10 hours a day along smooth level roads 250 days to walk that distance. Assuming they rested at weekends it would take a year! 10,000 miles is the average mileage for a car in the UK. Well done Bubba, you really are a star! :wave:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Finally, I would like to acknowledge DawnHH, who I am sure would have preceded me to the 10,000 post count if his beloved wife, Mickey, hadn't become ill and requiring his devoted attention. I don't believe there is an long lasting member that doesn't know, admire and respect him. I really wish there was some way we could get in touch with him and let him know how much we miss him here and are praying for Mickey and him.

:wave:

Yes, this is so true.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

You have touched my life in so many ways, most of them were supportive and some were more perspective. There is a saying that if two people agree on everything, one of them isn't thinking. Well, yours is in gear and leading us all. This thread has caused me to note my number of post and I'm almost a tenth of yours. Maybe I'll have to learn to become a little less soapboxy, but like you wrote, we are over joyed to find that more people than ourselves have the desire to wear high heels and in my case stilettos. Congratulations on this achievement of 10,000 post. Go ahead and work for another digited zero, to make it 100,000. We'd all benefit.

10,000 messages! good god that is seriously impressive; almost 3.1 messages every day, yes EVERY DAY since your enrolment!

I had never appreciated the extent of your presence on the forum; always sensible points of view.

May your thoughts and opinions continue for a good while yet.

Richard

PS; just looking at my stats; i've been here since relatively early on and have only managed a measly thirty third of that number........

10,000 PS; just looking at my stats; i've been here since relatively early on and have only managed a measly thirty third of that number........

Just remember, it isn't that you post often, it's what you say when you post.:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.