Elegant Escapades

Elegant

I thought it might be a fun idea to finally start a 'personal' thread - there have been some outings in October :wave:

First, I went to some shops at the beginning of the month. Nothing big, really - but I wore my leather suit and cowboy boots with spurs, got on my "Flying Dutchwoman" [ http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JWwOjjlwXMI/TLPLXnDyTVI/AAAAAAAABVQ/KzfyAmVruPU/s1600/rowery-1.jpg - it's a did-it-myself modified Dutch bike, I still tweak and hot-rod it, and got a lot of compliments :(] and went to the city for experimenting a bit with fashion. I also picked my new custom-made leather top hat [see below] from a seamstress :(. Reactions were various: from laughs from alpha males and indoctrinated girlies, to compliments from some more intelligent and creative people. I just love going to leatherwear shops in my outfits, trying things on and seeing how they fit and match ;-)

Second outing - I arranged a meeting with a fellow photographer, who needed a pic for a book her girlfriend is writing about various non-conventional people [for that, I've been interviewed some months ago :)]. She took me to her place and we did my make-up together, then we went for shooting in a haste, because the sun was about to go down. It was a splendid photoshoot in three places - I've got to pick up a CD with the results yet, and perhaps I'll post some of them. I wore my suit & tie, 3" oxfords and [later] square-toe ankle boots with 4" blade heels, a hat with a veil and a long leather coat. I previewed some pics on the camera, and was very satisfied - I can't wait till I see them on my screen :clap:

Third outing, the major one - on Thursday one-and-half-a-week-ago there was an opening of Lodz Design Festival. I've been installing exhibition lighting for two weeks prior to that - it's my regular order, usually twice a year, for Lodz Design Festival in October, and Photofestival in May. Working with fantastic and open-minded people, absolutely no hatred/prejudice/etc., in a great post-industrial space :pulsingheart:. On Thursday, I was working till 3 p.m., then I came back home, had a bath, dressed up and went to Lodz Art Center. I wore a leather suit with tight pants, cowboy boots with spurs, a white shirt, elbow-length gloves, a did-it-myself leather bow tie and pocket square, my new top hat, a cane and a fake fur jacket :pulsingheart:. First part was visiting exhibitions at LAC, second - a banquet in a club. Many, many compliments and positive reactions, some nice conversations in Polish and English :text_pop:. It was definitely a great time!

I went to sleep in LAC, because it was not far away from Technical University of Lodz, and I wanted to go to classes without coming back home. So I did; I didn't spend a lot of time at university because the only thing I had was a short talk with my promoter about the research I'll do for my MSc thesis. It ended sooner than I expected, and I was off duty. I went back to Lodz Art Center, waited for a while and went to what I wanted to see - Off: Out of Schedule shows at Polish Fashion Week. Three shows [two "traditional catwalk" ones and one film], I had my camera ready and took some pics I haven't processed yet. I went as I were a day before, with fingerless gloves instead of elbow-length ones. Many, many compliments, some people taking pics of me after asking for consent [alpha males don't do that ;)], I gave two interviews despite clearly stating that I'm no fashion expert. I'm searching for people's pics of me that day, and found two: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluffyco/5093472667/sizes/o/in/photostream/ and http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AesSy4fyOBI/TLrG9uATO3I/AAAAAAAAADU/KdSCq-R2ZtI/s1600/DSC_1014.jpg :in_love:.

After the shows, I had quite a lot of time to spare, so I went to some shops [a milliner's one - I'm keen on getting a veil for my hat, but it's a difficult thing to get :(, a thrift store I visit every week, and a leather seamstress I'm friends with]. Then, I went to a cafe because Lodz Cycle Chic http://lodzcyclechic.blogspot.com celebrated their 2nd birthday, and as a movement's enthusiast, I had to be there :w00t2:. We started with a slideshow, then we got on our bikes [ca. 20 - 30 people :)] and went to Museum of Arts for movie projection. After all that, I went home, on my bike, fully dressed and definitely too extravagant for most inhabitants :idea:. Some youngsters heckled me, but generally I shrugged that off. I had a pepper gas spray in case of anything, BTW.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Elegant. Thank you for posting so many pictures of the people of Poland. It is the up close and personal I love to see. It is also the closest I will ever get to see your homeland. Usualy, I do not like the photos you post becouse they are to far out, freeky, weard and strange. Go figure-I like strange. Note: Didn't see any people wearing high heels in these photos. Mike

Thanks for the pictures. You look very nice. Especially the 4th picture. Well "turned out" and I really think the boots are the only footwear that would look good with your outfit. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Elegant. Classy outfit. I would wear the same thing, and do, only with a leather skirt and higher spiked heels. Check the photos on (Real Life Meetings) 10-05-2010, posted by iloveboots. Chicago Meet. Love the look. Mike

Thanks for the comments - these boots have 4" heels and it's a bit difficult to walk in them for me, I get sore feet too soon :wave:. BTW Mike - I've complimented you on that outfit a while ago :(

Very unique and classy compared to the average dressed man or woman. You look very cool and it's no wonder that you attract attention on the street like you've just walked out of a Jean Paul Gautier photo shoot. Do you wear that outfit during the summer because I'd assume that it would be very hot in all that leather.

Definitely Different. Not sure what I think of the look as I ponder it at this point. It is well planned, and works as a whole, but - - - - - I don't know?!?! OK - - My first impression when I saw the first picture was that you were planning on playing the role of a villian in an upcoming sequel of the movie "Wild Wild West" - - probably not what you were going for. Now if I was to attempt the look, the only thing I would do different is wait until my Santa Clause face and hair grow out, and leave my natural skin tone, which is best described as a suntanned german with light blue eyes. I'm just not a fan of the sunlight deprived look. Once I look beyond that, the outfit is interesting on it's own merits. OK - - I'll go back to my corner now.

Very unique and classy compared to the average dressed man or woman. You look very cool and it's no wonder that you attract attention on the street like you've just walked out of a Jean Paul Gautier photo shoot.

Do you wear that outfit during the summer because I'd assume that it would be very hot in all that leather.

Summer? No... unless it's 20 or so degrees Celcius, or I'm at Castle Party. But generally, it's a spring/fall look :(.

BTW, as for Jean Paul Gaultier - I find his work for Hermes very inspiring :(

On Friday, I went to some shops, then visited the remaining Lodz Design exhibitions. I had no opportunity to do that earlier, and the festival was about to end, so I had to hurry. A certain lady complimented my look and bike, we had a short conversation. There was a Critical Mass later on, and I've been participating since May. I wore an outfit as shown below :wave:.

post-2418-133522927614_thumb.jpg

Most interesting look. I've worn thigh boots while riding my bike but I always have worn a helmet. Wearing that hat while riding a bike is most dashing, but for anything above walking speed, I'll keep my helmet. Thanks for sharing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.