Now, the leggings...

ChipsHH

So, I'm looking on Baker's site (http://bakersshoes.com/) right now, and I just fell in love with a couple of leggings, new arrivals to the site.

http://www.bakersshoes.com/product.aspx?c=481&p=182808

and

http://www.bakersshoes.com/product.aspx?c=481&p=182800

Of course, another thought journey occurred, because I'm curious about this. And I may actually want to try this out. So, is there a right way for a guy to wear leggings out and about? Should I wear shorts with them, since I guess I need to flaunt them and it looks better that way? Or, can they be worn with jeans (long ones folded at the opening) and matching-color heels?

Formally "HHDude"

Hey Dude, you'd look kinda strange wearing leggings without wearing high heels. And, yes, they're made to be worn outside....shorts. short skirts, leotards, pantyhose, etc......

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

One of my 'pet hates' is when hosiery and legwear is incorrectly described :( So, I don't mean to be a pain but the legwear you have linked, HHDude are Leg Warmers (it says so on the bakers' site as well). I disagree with the first part to Bubba's post - Leg warmers look fine with flats. I agree with the second part.. wear them with shorts, skirts or leotards (if you're really confident!) and/or over leggings, tights, pantyhose (if that's your thing) OR with bare legs. I've always thought of them as 'footless' socks so style them in the same way as you would with footless tights or knee high/otk socks. You can always check out lookbook or similar sites if you want examples or better yet 'experiment' until you find out what looks best on you :wave:

Call me Tights!

One of my 'pet hates' is when hosiery and legwear is incorrectly described :(

I disagree with the first part to Bubba's post - Leg warmers look fine with flats. :(

The reason that I said wearing with high heels is that wearing leggings (leg warmers) is that any man that appears in public wearing leggings is bound to receive a great deal of attention. And, if you're ok with getting "wondering" looks, why not also wear high heels? Which, I would guess, would be the final objective in the first place so why not get the questioning looks out of the way all at the same time?

:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As strange as it may seem, a lot of the high school girls are wearing them (leg warmers) right over top of there skinny jeans, and short boots. Most are in heeled boots under 3". It's a warmth issue, and has little to do with style with these girls. They would wear them with regular jeans and hi-tops.

The reason that I said wearing with high heels is that wearing leggings (leg warmers) is that any man that appears in public wearing leggings is bound to receive a great deal of attention. And, if you're ok with getting "wondering" looks, why not also wear high heels? Which, I would guess, would be the final objective in the first place so why not get the questioning looks out of the way all at the same time?

:wave:

In that case I agree! ......it didn't seem that's what you meant upon reading.

Call me Tights!

Leg warmers over pantyhose, and using a ankle boot pointy and stilleto heel is the best look, you can either use a minishort or miniskirt but defiantelly need to show the overnee covered by the leg warmers, as if it is a tigh high extension from your shoeware but it isnt. the more imagination the best result, and leg warmers are better worn by thinner legs, if the legss re a little fat just pass other wise they will look as if you are wearing something else.

V. Morpho

Leg warmers over pantyhose, and using a ankle boot pointy and stilleto heel is the best look, you can either use a minishort or miniskirt but defiantelly need to show the overnee covered by the leg warmers, as if it is a tigh high extension from your shoeware but it isnt.

the more imagination the best result, and leg warmers are better worn by thinner legs, if the legss re a little fat just pass other wise they will look as if you are wearing something else.

Oh, I have quite the imagination, so that won't be a problem for me ! :wave:

Formally "HHDude"

• 8 months later...

So, I guess I did mean "leg warmers" and not "leggings", seeing my post from some years ago and all. And after careful Google searches. But, would "leg warmers" be any different from "leggings" at all? I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I want to try pairing leg warmers with my attire, given heels are worn as well.

Formally "HHDude"

But, would "leg warmers" be any different from "leggings" at all?

Originally leggings were two separate garments, one for each leg.

Modern leggings are "footless tights" which extends from the waist to the ankles.

"Leg warmers" are thicker and only covers the bottom part of leg.

post-14338-133522949928_thumb.jpg

post-14338-13352294993_thumb.jpg