So... anybody actually like these????

Cinnamon

Good old Facebook has just thrown me into revulsion as an old friend posted that the Jeffrey Campbell "Tribute" shoes inspired by McQueen's claws are on her "lust list".

She normally has good taste, so I looked.

:wave:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f48/lf-mcqueen-tribute-armadillo-shoe-104709.html

I wasn't a fan of the originals as shoes go, but as an artform, I could appreciate them at least. The knock-offs are just another matter though. In my opinion anyway.

Anybody here actually like these?

Those LF, as well as the McQueen's original Armadillos, are really hideous. I agree with you that the McQueen's, at least, had an original touch and were more proportionate than these ones. Any way those are just runway shoes. I don't imagine people actually street walking on such shoes.

Those LF, as well as the McQueen's original Armadillos, are really hideous.

I agree with you that the McQueen's, at least, had an original touch and were more proportionate than these ones. Any way those are just runway shoes. I don't imagine people actually street walking on such shoes.

Now that's spooky. "Hideous" was the first word I thought of too :wave:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

The whole point of the originals....is that they were precisely that. Original....and designed to accompany a particular wardobe outfit, and worn in a very public place by a very public face.

However, Greed then steps in...and everyone and his Uncle are copying the designs and ramming them down our throats as the next...'must have if you don't want to be a sad act or a loser' item.

What does not change of course, is the simple fact that they are hideous!

Just my opinion of course.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

So... what's your opinion on these Birkenstoks by Stella Mc Cartney? Sometimes design takes the worst threads! She has others, but these are the worst in my opinion. [pics from Net-A-Porter]

post-333-133522916005_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522916011_thumb.jpg

Funny you should bring these up as I was just scouring the Net-a-Porter pages after being sent the regular mail update from them... And I saw these efforts from the McCartney woman. However, I'm not overly surprised to see something like that coming from her. I find her efforts quite passable on the whole. I think it's something to do with my resenting high end prices when she doesn't even use leather and design wise she's mediocre at best. I think anybody who can attempt to justify satin python print dungarees for an Autumn collection needs their head seeing to. Having a famous Daddy seems to have many benefits. So, in short, YUCK!

Well, Cinnamon, I like some of her designs. I wouldn't classify her as a Top Designer, though... she quite gets into a mild standard. I was just checking Shoehunting and there are some of her shoes I'd certainly get into my closet. Of course, if money is a issue, there are lots more from other designers that could be in first. I'll put it this way: I prefer her to Steve Madden; but I wouldn't trade her for Alex Mc Queen.

Good old Facebook has just thrown me into revulsion as an old friend posted that the Jeffrey Campbell "Tribute" shoes inspired by McQueen's claws are on her "lust list"...

Anybody here actually like these?

Greetings Cinnamon :-)

Don't like them at all: To me, they look like a green olive !

(And I hate olive...)

Yuk !

Funny you should bring these up as I was just scouring the Net-a-Porter pages after being sent the regular mail update from them...

And I saw these efforts from the McCartney woman. However, I'm not overly surprised to see something like that coming from her. I find her efforts quite passable on the whole. I think it's something to do with my resenting high end prices when she doesn't even use leather and design wise she's mediocre at best. I think anybody who can attempt to justify satin python print dungarees for an Autumn collection needs their head seeing to.

Having a famous Daddy seems to have many benefits.

So, in short, YUCK!

Agreed.

What she has tried to do, is to 'be clever', and take the design of a standard girl's wooden soled 'flip flop' and add a heel. Like most 'clever' ideas that ignore the basics of design logic and aesthetic quality.....they fail. Spectacularly!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Footbinding was an accepted practice for beauty at one time. Footwear that deforms the natural lines of one's feet, usually leave me with an ugly and repulsive conception. I guess that is why I like the styling of the stiletto court shoe over other footwear. They are attractive pedestals that enhance the wearer appearance.