How long can you wear high heels

Mint Cyrus

Hi, don't know to long be honest - never tried to see how long. I know I have spent approx 10 hours standing in very high heels in a day, and when it comes to choosing what to wear I don't need to worry about how long I might have to spend standing or wearing almost all of my heels. (Sure I have a couple of pairs of ludicrously high shoes, and a couple of pairs that look great but aren't that comfy..but mostly they're good) Cheers Heel-Lover

I can't wear so long

How many hour you can be in high heels?

I can be in them for as long as they're on my feet. When I take them off, I am no longer wearing them. :wave::)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have worn 5" stiletto high heels for an entire day's worth of activities and never took them off once during the day. I went to a dance in 5" stiletto high heels, danced for 4-5 hours, and never took them off until I got home from the dance.

I wore 8" platform sandals with stiletto heels to a Halloween party for about 6 hours five years ago and more recently wore 5" wedge heels and sandals with 5.5" stiletto heels for 9 hours when shopping at the Mall of America and getting gas while driving back to my land. I don't know what my limit might be. It helps to make sure my heels fit by trying them when I buy them up-close and personal :wave: HappyinHeels

I have had my heels on for 18 hours at a clip many a times through the years without any ill feelings or discomfort. The fit is the key to long hours and varied activities in heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'll have to answer this in two parts. There would be no limit as to how long I could wear heels. But how long could I walk or stand in them continuously without getting sore is a different matter. I call it my "TBB" or Time Between Breaks. This varies depending on the heels. As I predominantly wear boots, they give me a longer TBB than pumps due to the support they provide. Also the heel height and shape also plays a big factor. The higher and thinner the heel, the shorter my TBB. Eg I have a pair of boots that have a very severe and narrow 5 inch heel and my TBB for these is about 2 hours max but I could wear them all day. I have another pair of 5 inch heel boots with a more classic tapered heel and my TBB for these would be about 5 hours as they provide much better heel support. Once again I have no need to remove them as long as I an not on my feet all day. I'm sure if I went to 6 inch heels, my TBB would only be about 30 minutes lol. A man's gotta know his limitations!! :wave:

It depends on the heels. I've been on nights out in the New Rocks in my avatar where I've done 8 - 10 hours with no problems, but I have a pair of Carvela boots that hurt after 15 minutes. I tend to find that the sole makes the biggest difference, the New Rocks have rubber soles which are about 5mm thick and nicely padded footbeds, whereas I've been out in a pair of stiletto boots where the soles were thin plastic and I felt every pebble. I can heartily recommend Scholl Party Feet gel cushions, they really help.