Lace-up boots and zippers

Boot-lover

As a bootlover I am particulartly fond of high heeled boots that lace-up at the front. I even have two pairs, that I like to wear in my home whenever possible. The first pair I bought about 15 years ago, and they only have laces. The newer pair however also has a zipper. Although a zipper makes it much easier to slip in and out of the boots, I really feel that lace-up boots should have no zippers. My reasons are twofold. First because I think the boots are more beautiful without them. Secondly, the sight of a woman putting on her lace up boots is wonderful; when I put them on myself I also find pleasure in lacing them up. I would like to get the opinion of you other high heel lovers. :wave:Boot-lover

I really dislike zips on footwear. There are so many pairs of otherwise beautiful shoes that I have turned down because they have pointless zips. One of my pet hates is when there is a perfectly elegant fastening device included in the design of the footwear, yet someone decided to put a whacking great ugly zip on the other side of the shoe/boot. I find it strange that someone wants too speed up putting on a pair of shoes that will force them to walk slower because of the heel height! We need to slow down and appreciate life a little more! Thanks for making a thread about this! Cheers, Benno

I never cared for lace-up boots myself. I prefer boots with zippers on the inside although I have a pair of boots that zip up in the back that are to die for. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Lace-up boots are different, and fun, if you wear them with something equally as fun. I last wore mine, black patent lace-up boots with a 7" stilletto heel which came to about 4" below my knee with a short PVC black skirt and form-fitting black top-red nails and lipstick to a Halloween party. Perfect venue for such a thing. Otherwise laceups don't have much practical public use. Always great in private situations though!! I suppose it has more to do with how confident you are in your legs. It is my one strength I think, now I jut have to get around to posting some of those leg and heels shots. :) HappyinHeels

I have boots with zips, boots with laces...and boots with both. I much prefer laces as an aesthetic choice, however zips are so much more convenient. On the boots with both, the zip is incredibly useful, as I can tie the laces to the tension I want...(and the look in the case of lace-ups with slits)....and then just use the zip instead of un-lacing, and then lacing up all over again.

However laces tend to be more common on Fetish boots, so the opportunity of wearing them in public is more limited.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have boots with zips, boots with laces...and boots with both. I much prefer laces as an aesthetic choice, however zips are so much more convenient. On the boots with both, the zip is incredibly useful, as I can tie the laces to the tension I want...(and the look in the case of lace-ups with slits)....and then just use the zip instead of un-lacing, and then lacing up all over again.

I agree, 100%!

As u can see in my avatar, my colin stuart (victoria secret) boots are lace up with a zipper. I like the zipper cause once I get the tightness just right on the laces, I don't have to ever fool with them again. Kinda lazy I guess. lol

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like them with zippers! I do like the fact that with the zipper I can put them on quicker and be ready to go out with the wife to the store instead of sitting around for 10 or 20 minutes lacing them up! I would rather be spending time shopping at the stores than sitting in a chair lacing and lacing. Plus if we are going to go shopping for shoes then i want to not have to repeat this ritual all over again in the store! after all you can go to a lot more stores in a day if your not wasting that time over and over again! Just my thoughts on the subject!::wave:

Pull on boots are great but there are so very few high heel styles that are knee high in length.

Yes I agree. I like pull-on boots as well, however finding knee-high boots is difficult.

Have you tried looking for Vintage examples Heidi? I found some gorgeous knee highs and thigh-highs on EBay that are pull-ons.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 3 weeks later...