If I knew, I'd have wore something higher..

wood&metal

I'm in line at the Dollar General... Then the girls giggles started behind me... I'd guess they were late teens, maybe 20...Two guys and two girls.. Four of your typical south florida summertime flip-flop slobs... I think they saw me walking around the store, but I was only in for a few minutes.. With the jeans and boots I had on, I don't even see how they could see the 3" heels of my Old Gringos...The bottoms of my pant-legs are 1/2" from the floor... Maybe it was the pointy toes?.. Then I hear the quietly said "he's sooo gay" with some more quiet giggles... I turned around to look to see who they were giggling at and it got real quiet..... Me?.... Must have been, because there was nobody else around except for the guy in front of me, and I don't think they meant him.. I thought about using my whole "guys and girls wearing the same flip-flops" thing but I'm tired and it just was'nt worth the energy to engage their feeble little brains..... So I guess the general idea is, if you don't wear flip-flops like your girlfriends' (or vice-versa), and you care about how you look, you must be gay....:) Chalk that up to negative reaction #2.. Oh how I wish I'd have been wearing my 5" heel Jessica Simpson boots or my 5" heel pair from cowboybootsusa...:P

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Nah...just chalk it up to post-adolescent group think. There is nothing worse than a pack of teens in any situation...they know everything and are just way too cool...Way to handle a really stupid situation!

Style is built from the ground up!

Way to go. I get that age of people down at the Science Center also. We have a steam whistle that we get the people to blow when they pass by the controlling consol. That age group, especially boys, thinks it is uncool to blow the whistle and that they are above that sort of thing. I just tell them that I have had 98 year old Grandmothers blow the whistle, true statement, and that they are not too old or too big to use it. The parents just stand there and smile because a stranger has capped them and they didn't have to. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Wood and Metal, This is a custom-made situation for you to temporarily put aside your venerable boots, paint your toes, and strap on some new 6" heel "TEAGAN" sandals just so they REALLY have something to giggle about...all the way back to the safety of their parents' cribs! You persevered in the face of vacuous idiocy. Well done! HappyinHeels

Don't worry about it w&m, anything even marginally out of the ordinary will eventually result in you getting some kind of reading on the point-n-giggleometer. Fortunately, I have found that this response the exception, not the rule. Keep positive!!!

It's one of those things that bothers you at the moment, and even for a while after.... But then again, I was hit on by a gay guy who was wearing flip-flops today (I was'nt wearing heels at the time) and I felt vindicated in my heel wearing, somehow...lol For the record, I have no problem with homosexuals........But flip-flops on a guy...ICK! that's sooooooooo totally freaking gay!...OMG!..gross...:)

But then again, I was hit on by a gay guy who was wearing flip-flops today (I was'nt wearing heels at the time) and I felt vindicated in my heel wearing, somehow...lol

For the record, I have no problem with homosexuals........But flip-flops on a guy...ICK! that's sooooooooo totally freaking gay!...OMG!..gross...:)

Since I wear heels and flip flops, I MUST be uber gay lol :P

Oh how I wish I'd have been wearing my 5" heel Jessica Simpson boots or my 5" heel pair from cowboybootsusa...:)

Wood and Metal,

I agree. Strap on something higher and press on!

I put socks on, then heels, and wear flip flops over my heels. VERY SEXY!

:)

OMG!..I just threw-up a little bit...:P

Flip-flops OVER heels? Why would you even want to? That's totally detracting from the purpose of wearing heels in the first place. I think I need to sit down with a stiff drink now......

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Then I hear the quietly said "he's sooo gay" with some more quiet giggles... I turned around to look to see who they were giggling at and it got real quiet..... Me?.... Must have been, because there was nobody else around except for the guy in front of me, and I don't think they meant him..

Whenever I read about these negative reactions I chuckle because all of these people who laugh at other people share a few common traits which shine a far more negative light on them the person who has the courage to be themselves. Those common traits are:

1 - They are insecure and need to joke on someone elses expense to hide that fact.

2 - They are immature. Hehehehee , his boots have higher heels than usual, heheheheheh (Imagine Buttheads laugh).

3 - They lack basic people skills. Its extremely rude to talk behind a person back when you know that they might hear you. Talking behind someones back in a negative manner is rude in general, especially if the subject matter is pure gossip or being critical of that persons appearance.

4 - They are chicken s&*%#. It is obvious in this case where they immediately shut up and avoided any eye contact in order to avoid a confrontation. Most of these so called fashion critics are cowards.

5 - They are almost always part of the general herd of people. They would dress in the way that is currently popular and would never think of showing any signs of individualism.

Your lack of response was the correct one, even though its fun to toy with the idea of confronting and humiliating them. Just by turning your head and causing them to shut up was enough and revealed what kind of idiots you were dealing with. If they actually revealed themselves, all that was needed for you to show them that you're the one mocking them was to quickly examine them head to toe and then chuckle with an expression of mockery on your face.

Anyway, you played it cool and ultimately showed them that you are da man who has no time for childish morons.

Keep heeling my friend. Im sure that your boots are super. I love Old Gringo boots myself. They make the coolest fashion western boots.

now, thats the best advice I've heard from you Max in here that I'd heard as of late.:) & you might also get the same idea that my late grandma (dad's side) did & would always tell me as a kid (years ago) when confronted by these idiots always remember to "consider the source" of these people when they "make fun of" others who dress different is not very mature.

Just recently I wore a pair of pumps with five inch stiletto heels to a small museum that I had not been to before that day. Two older-than-teen but still very young women stared at my high heels and gigled as I walked into the museum. I had a question about one of the paintings and I asked one of those girls if she could answer it for me. She walked with me to the painting and gave me information about the painting and the artist. She was very nice to me and didn't even look at my high heels while she was talking to me. As I left the museum, she bid me goodbye and smiled. As I walked out the door and looked back, she was just staring at my high heels, with no gigling, smiling, and no real reaction on her face.