Unmasqued

IBL70

I m on those who already have the experience and novices, now that you have enough confidence for going out in public aren't you afraid of being unmasked by surveillance cameras always placed in public areas more and more or pictures be taken into by a mobile phone again more and more in everybody hands and find yourself on a website without meaning to. Is this an obstacle for you ? Have you ever thought about this situation ? Do you change your plans because of this ? As for me to say out in public means frequented places not a desert place , and cameras are always in public places . It become an obstacle for me . Sorry for my english hope you understand what i wanted to say .

In this day and age, unless you lock yourself up in a cupboard and never touch a computer again, you're always at risk of being photographed, videoed, blogged about, or any number of things. Just don't worry about it, go out, and have fun! I do!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

In this day and age, unless you lock yourself up in a cupboard and never touch a computer again, you're always at risk of being photographed, videoed, blogged about, or any number of things. Just don't worry about it, go out, and have fun! I do!

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to purge your collection of heels, erase all evidence from your hard drive and never even think of reacting to high heels, in any fashion what so ever, again. That way you are sure never to be "outed" by anyone or anything. "Live in misery, conforming to what's "normal."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The "surveillance security state" that has spread across Western Europe like a cancer is one thing ,but if you alter the way you would like to enjoy life, whether fully-dressed or just in your favorite heels, then you are allowing a camera to control you. Turn the situation around-if you know the cameras are on the put on your HIGHEST heels and paint your nails in the colors of the French flag! Liberte,egalite,fraternite! None of these ideals mean anything if you don't practice and enjoy them. HappyinHeels:smile:

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to purge your collection of heels, erase all evidence from your hard drive and never even think of reacting to high heels, in any fashion what so ever, again. That way you are sure never to be "outed" by anyone or anything. "Live in misery, conforming to what's "normal."

"and never even think of reacting to high heels, in any fashion what so ever, again. "

I thought we are kind of family here .

"and never even think of reacting to high heels, in any fashion what so ever, again. "

I thought we are kind of family here .

We are, or so I thought. I don't understand your reaction. I just voiced an alternative......not a suggestion. Do you really think that there are some amongst us that would ever follow it?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I used to be fearful of being "caught" on camera last summer when I first started going out in public in my high-heel boots. I no longer worry about that now. I have been out enough times now, to know that most people either don't notice or just don't care. I now go into retail stores, banks, shopping malls and public places of all kinds where I know that they have surveillance cameras, and I am unconcerned. I think that you just have to realize that being seen in heels is not a big deal...they are just shoes!

I used to be fearful of being "caught" on camera last summer when I first started going out in public in my high-heel boots. I no longer worry about that now. I have been out enough times now, to know that most people either don't notice or just don't care. I now go into retail stores, banks, shopping malls and public places of all kinds where I know that they have surveillance cameras, and I am unconcerned. I think that you just have to realize that being seen in heels is not a big deal...they are just shoes!

My feelings exactly and I could not have said it any better. Dblair, thank you for those words.

You are not doing anything in the slightest bit illegal nor are you hurting everybody.

Surveillance cameras are there to catch transgressors and so the camera operator would not care if you are wearing heels or not. Yes, there are people out there with camera phones but if they were to stop and film everybody who was dressed differently or who were acting differently, they would have little time for anything else!

Let's ask the other question though: What if they went home and did blog about you but said "saw a guy in high heels today and he looked so HOT!!!" or a youtube clip apppeared: "Hot Guy In High Heels!"?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

We are, or so I thought. I don't understand your reaction. I just voiced an alternative......not a suggestion. Do you really think that there are some amongst us that would ever follow it?

About my reaction , Sorry, this is the problem when you do not master the language of William Shakespeare, the correct understanding.You know , it takes me hours sometimes to write few lines in english , and when i read , it depends the way it is written i don't understand everything , only the big lines of the meaning .

By the way , i realise , my questions in this theads gives me the fantastic chance to know you a little more, and I must say that you are all great persons and i'm sure all your differents comments give more power to all readers , as far they understand what they read , ah! ah! ah!

Many thanks !

Interesting , you thought about it so , that is what i wanted to know . I'm sure it is a beginner fear . With more and more experience i'm sure all beginners will be like you , they will no longer worry about being seen by whatever it is , human eyes , cameras , telscope , army thermal video camera , radars , sonar , satellite , Big Brother ....

Your are totally right they are just shoes ! reals shoes !!!

Thanks .

and your/our government is reading this and probably putting you/us on some list of potential wierd-o's to look out for....:)

I'm sure they do ! they whant to find the best way to make our french president taller next his wife . And the solution is here !

Nicolas , when are you wearing heels ?

as much as i too worried about being caught wearing high heels by people I know... somehow I'm not that concern by security cameras (video phone, personal digital cameras etc by strangers is a different matter).... I kinda see security camera as another way of ensuring a safer place for me to go public in hgih heels as i hope they deter strangers from reacting (too) negatively if they saw me in heels.... i suppose i place soe misguided trust that the security footage will not be used irresponsibly.... this is a big assumption but i guess better this then in fear of anywhere with cameras (and thus making me more suspicious lurking around in my heels....)

I don't worry about security cameras at all. Since there are regulations about who has access to the recordings, I don't think that the footage will be used for something other than legal/security purposes. It's the youngsters with mobiles that I'm sometimes upset about.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

It used to be strange to see historical re-enactment people on their way to "musters" (17C English civil war) then I joined in.

I some way it's the same as when I left the Air Training Corps (or air cadets, a military youth org under the Royal Air Force). I rebelled and grew my hair, brighter clothes and went anti-establishment. A semi hippy?

Travelling to musters opened a new world - building confidence (with some research) to explain what I was and why, expanding the history.

Even explaining to a police officer who thought I was a long way from home (in south London whilst just west of Salisbury [50miles]) and that I was going to 25 miles south of Exeter! The previous venue was 50 miles east of Inverness!

Some people are not just narrow minded but limited to their little patch of reality.

I did apply for a shotgun licence and black powder whilst playing and was informed that as a "private army" "armed" so to speak our files were also held by Scotland Yard within the same file system that the members of the IRA and other such groups lived in.

The rerun of the Prisoner and it's new update could instil paranoia? but in reality we are but just a tiny blip if noticed, what else may each of us have done previously when added up MAY give enough blips to warrant some interest. For most of us, a short glance may be all we get from that realm.

Dealing with the public is always hard, it doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a government minister, an actor, or the Bishop of London. It is confidence that at the moment required, the lesson, speech, line or sermon can be delivered and believed. It - stage fright - is always there, even for the old hands, the skill is how to control which equals time and confidence.

Sorry if I waffled too much, I'll shut up now.:)

Al

The thought of cameras watching my progress when out in public while wearing heels has never entered my mind until I read this thread. The next time that I'm out in heels will still be as it always has been. Just me out in heels doing what I would if I were in any other pair of shoes and the cameras would be of no concern to me if they are taking my picture or not. Like has been said---I'm not doing any illegal thing---and they are just shoes, ( or in my case---boots). Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Since guys out in public in high heels are rare sightings, we're not unlike UFO's..........and i've never really seen a good picture of a UFO..... Guess there's a first time for everything though..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.