Aldo shoes sizing

docs41

I see lots of members mentioning Aldo shoes. I just received my first pair from them and I was shocked to find that their sizes run very small. I were a 10 and it probably was barely a 9! They were a nice pair of wedge loafers but weren't even close. I got online with them on the customer service chat and the representative said that their sizes do run small. She did mention that they had a size 11 but I think I will try them on first in a store. One thing about the shoes is that they were marked size 40. In most of my experiences with European sizes 41 equals a US 10 woman's. The customer rep said that Aldo size 40 is size 10, which only helps confuse the shoe-size issues more. Anyone with any similar experiences?

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

This is a graphic example of why it's best to "try before you buy." Even if you shop at a store in your own neighborhood, buying shoes without trying them on makes for a trip back to the store to return/exchange them if they don't fit. Kinda inconvenient, isn't it?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As you have probably heard before, the only way for a sure fitting is to go to the retail store and try the shoes on right there. I have ended up having to order the larger size from their on-line store, because the size they had on hand was just a hair tight and I felt the larger size would fit better. This sizing problem exist in the shoe market everywhere. I wanted to check the sizing of a pair of pointed toe stilettos made by YSL. Sax Fifth Avenue seem to be the only retailer in the area that carried them. When I tried the heels that were suppose to be my size, I couldn't even get my toes into the toebox and they didn't have any larger ones to try on. Some day they will bring the style back to the market and then I will see if I can find some that will fit. I bought some heels through ebay that were suppose to be my size and when I got them, they were at least two sizes larger. I could wear them with three or four pairs of athletic socks and still have room. I almost felt like a young kid wearing his mommy's shoes. The seller may have sold those shoes, but they will never get any repeat business from me. Too bad though, they had some good looking mid to high heels. I just wished they were more aware of their sizing inaccuracy before I decided to buy.

I must disagree; the seller cannot really know the exact size of the fit unless the seller only sells the size that fits that person! There is so much variation in the manufacturers and from style to style from the manufacturer.

I have basically settled on Nine West as they run a hair larger than standard (as opposed to Aldo and Steve Madden that run small). But I do not fit in every Nine West 11 either! So, as Bubba said, TRY THEM ON BEFORE BUYING - otherwise you may very well have a problem!

It's all about the heel!

I find their sizes tend to run pretty good. I usually take anywhere from a 9 to a 10. All of the shoes I have bought there have been exactly that. With most of them leaning to the 9 side.

I usually like to try them on first, but unfortunately the only access that I have to Aldo and many other brands is through the internet. They don't have a store nearby so I gave them I try. I realize that you take a chance when ordering over the internet or through a catalog, but depending on your location, sometimes that is the only way to get some of the nicer styles. I imagine situations like this purchase is why many internet shops have a liberal return policy. Obviously there are lots of customers that encounter issues that require returns or exchanges. The question of my first post concerned experiences with Aldo sizing, not actually buying without first trying them for fit. I'm well aware of the risk in "buying without trying." Guess I wasn't too clear.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

DOCS41--- ALDO uses all European sizing so you'll see boxes marked "40" instead of US10, "39" instead of US9, etc. I visited an Aldo store in Madison (wearing female bootcut jeans and some wedge heels with thin socks) and tried on three pairs of shoes marked "40"; two were tight and one didn't fit at all. Could have been the cut of shoe or I surmise that simply need a "41" or prehaps a "42" for closed-toe shoes when it comes to European sizing. The thing with Aldo stores is that most shoes there only go to 40,41 has to ordered. Hope that helps!

Aldo sizing has to be the worst that I've experienced. I wrote about this before that no 2 styles are the same. I remember being at a store some years ago and tried on 2 similar pairs of ankle wedge boots. One fit perfectly, they other I couldn't even get on. I know my gf had bought a pair of flip flops from there and had to go 2 sizes up! Buyer beware I guess!

I wear a size 10 and have found some boots fit well and some are too tight. I usually wear my cotton socks when trying on boots, therefore, I can only advise in that regard. I will mention that I have had wonderful help by the sales staff.

Gary