A Great Week Part I - Starbucks

AZShoeNut

Howdy, I have two experiences to share and I can be long winded so I will make two separate posts. It has been a pretty wild couple weeks. A week ago last Wednesday I had my very first legitimate, non-Halloween outing in high heels. KFSteve391 and I met for coffee at a Starbucks in Tempe, AZ. Steve wore his high heeled wedge sandals and I wore my black wedge heeled pumps. We chatted over coffee for a good hour and a half and it was a real cool experience. Now, Steve has worn his heels out and about quite a bit since we first had coffee back near the beginning of December and I think he has developed a certain level of comfort with the experience. This was certainly my first time out without a costume party to fall back upon. I had spent the better portion of several days preceding this experience trying to decide if I would actually wear my heels or not. When the moment arrived as Steve approached my Jeep it really came down to one of those, “feel the fear and do it anyway,” moments. I did have all of the great stories of positive outcomes from the HHPlace supporting my choice to step out of my Jeep with heels on. Those first few steps across the parking lot and up the steps to the coffee house were certainly filled with adrenalin. But then things started to mellow out. I ordered a Chai Tea Latte and Steve ordered one too. There were a handful of people in the store and my shoes were loud on the hard wood floor. So, summoning up some juevos we decided to sit at a table outside and have coffee. It was while sitting at the table having coffee that the magic really started to set in. Though our conversation ranged from high heels and the like to work (it turns out that we worked for the same aerospace company) and even classic car restorations my mind regularly turned to the fact that I am sitting here with another guy, both of us wearing high heels, and all is well. Often times I would look down and marvel at the stylish cut of the pumps below the hem line of my jeans and remember, “Holy s—t, I am out here, in public, in these shoes, and it is awesome.” As conversation started to slow and we both had wives to return home to it was time to go. My wife asked that I bring her a Chai Tea as well so it was time to step back into the Starbuck and grab it. Now the gal who took our order had stepped out of the store while we were sitting out there and had clearly seen our shoes. It was incredible to head back in standing face to face with her, and place my order. Both that gal and the guy working the coffee bar talked just like we were any other customer. That moment and the moments after while standing there with Steve out in the open waiting for the Chai Tea were absolutely awesome. So in the couple days after the coffee I found a certain level of ease surrounding my experience of high heels. I can remember driving down the road, seeing a gal wearing a great pair of shoes, and my soul would ache because I wanted that experience so badly. On Thursday morning as I drove to work I saw a gal with a great pair of pumps on waiting for the bus. Instead of the typical wishing that I would feel in the past what came up for me was a smile and the thought, “oh ya, I can do that too.” So, thank you Steve for joining me for coffee and supporting me in wearing heels on that day. It truly was a great experience. Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I can remember driving down the road, seeing a gal wearing a great pair of shoes, and my soul would ache because I wanted that experience so badly.

I don't think there's a man on this board who can't relate to that. I know I sure as hell do.

On Thursday morning as I drove to work I saw a gal with a great pair of pumps on waiting for the bus. Instead of the typical wishing that I would feel in the past what came up for me was a smile and the thought, “oh ya, I can do that too.”

Yup, same here. :smile:

Pretty soon you'll be wearing your regular shoes, spot a beautiful woman wearing heels, and suddenly wish you were wearing your's, too.

hehehe

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

It's good to be out in heels. The more you do it, the more comfortable you get. Besides is fun too !!!! I just wish more guys would go public in heels, it would make things so much easier for all of us hh guys!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Larry:-) Cudos to both you and Steve. There should be more of us to make an concerted effort to get out in public in our heels and visit each other. I think that we are missing something if we don't follow through with that sort of activity. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!