Scary Shoe News - Designer Shoes.com

gary0618

I think a Lot of Us have already noticed this is the stores.

Scary News for Size 12 Shoes

DesignerShoes.com was started because we know how hard it is to find size 12 shoes. Even though this is the fastest growing size category in the shoe industry..... shoe manufacturers do not understand who we are or what we want.

We've spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars travelling to meet with shoe manufacturers, trying to educate them and lobby for our size 12's.

Alas, now that the economy has gone through a rough patch, some of our manufacturers have decided to save money by not making shoes in size 12 for Spring. We are puzzled/ angry and busy calling them on this. But the decision was made and the orders.... without size 12's ... are in the factories now. It is too late for Spring.

We will fight back by refusing to carry any of the other styles that they do NOT make to size 12.... it will hurt our smaller size customers. And it will hurt our revenues. But we hope it will help make the point that we are serious about our commitment to only carry shoes that go up, at least, to size 12.

Of course this will not just affect you as DesignerShoes.com customers. These sizes from these brands will not exist anywhere. But DesignerShoes.com is going to make some sacrifices and lobby hard to get the sizes back.

We appreciate your moral support as we take on this battle! We may also ask you for your ideas as we continue. Some of our manufacturers have told us that they want to work with us on the next season's size 12 line - that's Fall 2010. We are thinking about putting together a survey for you that will help identify what you want.

In the mean time.... please do let us know your thoughts and lets stay in touch on this issue!

Thanks,

Barbara Thornton

Founder & President

DesignerShoes.com

ps: Watch for our "Sale on Sale Shoes" coming out in a few hours!

THANKS for continuing to choose to shop with us for your shoes!

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Yes, I certainly have noticed the lack of larger sizes, and it is not only 12s, but also 11s in many places. We need to thank Barbara for her efforts here. Wondering what we could do to help. Certainly, we should all consider her store if we are looking to purchase shoes on line (or in person, I know they do have a store, and I also have seen it mentioned that they have absolutely no problem with guys shopping for heels in-store.) I just don't get the manufacturers. Certainly they know how many pairs of a size have sold in the past, and I can't imagine it could take that much more in resources to make at least some stock in the larger sizes. So why are they willing to give up sales????

Well, this will open up the custom made market and with the Internet they will prosper well. Prices on Ebay may go higher do to scarcity, I wonder how Payless is going to handle this?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think that everyne should ask if a style goes up to size 12(US) or 9(UK) and if not don't buy that style even if you are actually looking to buy a smaller size. Isn't it funny how the "industry" says there's no demand but the stores that do carry the larger sizes never get to put them on the sale rack and always report that they go in a matter of days! Yes you idiots, there is no demand because there is no availability!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

<truestory>Reminds me of the day I called a large office supply store and asked if they had any brown typewriter ribbons. They asked me to hold a moment and I heard the answerer say to someone else, "It's another call asking for colored typewriter ribbons." The second person came on the line and said, "How many times do I have to tell you people? There are no colored typewriter ribbons because nobody wants them!"

Doesn't everyone know that all feet come in sizes women's 6-10 only? lol.

I'm just thankful I wear 10's.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma