Mae-king tracks

Mae

After reading and commenting on various threads over the last one and a half years, I finally decided to start my own journal of public heeling. This is a significant event. I was packing for a week long get-a-way. I was really taking a lot of time trying to decide which shoes to take with me. Since the family (all 4 of us) had to get a weeks worth of stuff in the trunk of the car. I had to limit the number of shoes to four pair. As I continued to make a selection of "safe" block-heeled shoes and struggled to get the number down to four pair, my wife said "Why don't you just be bold and take the ones you are self-conscious about wearing so you can see that it is not such a big deal." Talk about an opportunity! I picked two pair that I have never worn out and two pair that I have only worn one time each and it was dark when I did. What made it really daring is that I brought only those shoes with no escape pair if I chicken out. So far it has been three days and I am having a great time. I spent two hours on a train, stopped at gas stations, grocery stores, convenient stores, and hotel lobby. In two days we will be spending a whole day in a museum. Attached are pictures of the four pair; the lowest heel is 2.75" and the highest is 3.25".

post-6974-13352289316_thumb.jpg

post-6974-133522893162_thumb.jpg

post-6974-133522893163_thumb.jpg

post-6974-133522893164_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!

Sounds like you have a very supportive Wife and Family.

I once went to a 3 day weekend Rotary Conference. I was wearing a pair of 3" heeled boots, and I packed 2 other pairs of boots. Both with 4" heels.

Guess What? I forgot to pack any regular mens shoes.

Nobody said a word to me, and I had a great time.

Enjoy!

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Mae, I do like the title of your thread :chuckle: Your choice of heel style is great. By choosing the block style heels, your not really giving anyone something "shocking" to look at. You feel more comfortable as they are far more stable than thinner heels, and so are more appropriate. Look forward to reading more of your experiences, although with heels like those, they will become, dare I say, boring for you because they will not attract the attention that a thinner heel or pointed toe would. I particularly like the loafer style. I guess these would be the ones you are most conscious about but with the right pant length, they will look really smart. Nice to have the support of your wife and family too. Have a great trip. You are just reinforcing my view that if you want to wear heels as a guy but don't want to be too fashion forward, then sticking to the block/cuban styles is the way forward for the moment. The more that do as you do, then the more that will follow. Next real step will be the reaction of your friends. Mine just thought it mildy eccentric. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I love your style of shoes and boots pctured. I hope this starts a trend and brings back men's high heeled footwear as an every day fashion occurence. And I hope more and more men who want to will wear this type and style of footwear. I wear similar boots like the ones you have pictured to work each day. No comments out loud are made.

It has been a fantastic week. .....the whole thing in heels. Wednesday, we took a day trip to a museum 3 hours away from where we are staying. I wore the France Sarto Nolan loafers with a 3.25" heel, with about half the heel exposed below my jeans as I walked, for the drive which included stops for gas and another stop at a McDonalds for a snack. Both times I went into the store with people around. Since this is the first time I attempted heels over 2" in public, this was a real rush. Once we got to the museum, I changed into the Nine West Foxleigh boots with a 3.5" heel, again with about half of the heel exposed when I walked. I stayed in those for the next 6 hours which included sitting in a lecture hall, sitting in a cafe (both of which exposed my boots all the up past my ankle), meeting the CEO of the museum and his staff, and having a behind the scenes personal tour. Needless to say, I was a little nervous, but soon forgot what I was wearing. It certainly was a fun day. (Please see my first entry for pictures.) I am certainly looking forward to the next outing. Happy heeling to all :chuckle:

May -

Museums are a great place to go heeling. I regularly wear thigh boots with 5" heels when I go to a museum, ans I go to several.

Just curious, what museum gave you the delux tour?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

... Attached are pictures of the four pair; the lowest heel is 2.75" and the highest is 3.25".

I've only just caught up with your posts, Mae, and must congratulate you on four good choices of footwear - nothing too feminine or extreme and all clearly smart and wearable in most situations in male mode. I would feel happy to try any of them in public - and I wish I could, but nothing much like them available in UK11 it seems!

Great thread and a GREAT name for it! I love the loafers and your "strategy" for wearing them. If they are your option, that's what your going to wear. Also, I cannot understate how wonderful your wife is for supporting you to such a high degree. Outstanding adventures and I look forward to reading more and more....

Style is built from the ground up!

Mae Oui !! That is like - Ah Yes! Fabulous Mae, that is a great story for an even greater week long adventure. So nice to be able to just do it, and have the support of your wife and family. Keep going with that plan, everything will work out. Mtnsofheels