Identifying fetishists

I have realized I'm most definitely a fetishist. Heels don't really cause much of a reaction to me unless they're pretty tall and preferably patent. When I walk in Stanley Park (Vancouver) and see a woman walking in 5+ inch patent stilettos, it is instantly obvious she is has a shoe fetish. Few women have the jam to wear a pair of shoes like that outside of the house and even less would wear shoes like that to go for a walk. It's reassuring to know there are other fetishists out there. It's also stimulating to see a beautiful women in a great pair of shoes walking the walk of seduction with her hips swaying in a hypnotic smooth motion that looks like she is gliding.

...see a woman walking in 5+ inch patent stilettos, it is instantly obvious she is has a shoe fetish.

That is baseless. You are projecting your own desires on someone else.

5" heel wearing women are not all that common, but certainly not all are having a fetish.

What's all the fuss about?

Indeed... I wear 5" patent stilettos only because they look nice. There isn't really any other reason as my "thing" is for boots. However, everyone is entitled to a fetish.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The questions raised within this post I find to be quite interesting. If I were to descibe myself within this forum I would be a Crossdressing Fetishist and a Heel lover, in no particular order. I also find that the fetishist within me attracts me to particular aspects of clothing and footwear, the items of most interest to me will have some form of fetish element to it, for example a particulary high or needle thin heel and clothing made from a more exotic material such as leather or pvc. Much as there has been debate in other areas of the forum about fetishists and their place within the forum, I feel that there will always be an underlying fetish element present with people like myself, and providing that their views are represented in a wholesome manner which will not offend any who read these forums, I feel that these individuals can continue to make worthwhile contributions to forums such as this, by the same token, nor do I wish to read smut or accounts of tasteless flights of fantasy from contributers.

Fetishism runs through fashion like letters through a stick of rock. Leather clothing was around on the scene long before Claude Montana first sent it down the catwalk. It is fetish that inspires all of the designers. It is great talking about the appeal of heels and the tactile sensations you get from them, that's fine but spare us the graphic details!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The term fetish and the person 'fetishist' are so commonly used today, that it has lost its meaning. I see televisionprograms about fashion where a woman slips on a pair of black patent pumps (4 inch) and they call it the fetish style. What a load of bollocks! I also notice whenever someone is wearing whatever clothing which has the slightest bit of leather/pvc/latex sewn into them they are called a fetishist...more bollocks! As soon as someone wears one piece of clothing made of leather, they are definetely a SM'r...ultimate bollocks!!! The woman wearing the black pumps in the OP's post would be a fetishist if she would get serious mental trouble if she would not be allowed to wear those shoes anymore. THAT is a fetishist, others just do like the style so called 'fetish', which, is not a style anyway. Remeber the people with a sneaker fetish? Just needed to vent. Thank you.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I agree with Chantal. Wear something different outside the norm and the label is attached faster than light. There are many materials used that feel good whether of the sex inspiring feel or of just good quality a nice feel that is not a sex object. The labeling from the media helps to sell the paper or magazine, just because only a minority of people are more into wearing very high heels, leather, PVC etc in an every day sense (apart from bikers or rain coats in the rain) they are the unusual. We the guys here at HHP are in that list, but is it a fetish? - ONLY if you need it to get your rocks off and that part is not a requirement to be here. HHP is not a sex site! and the mods have done a good job recently having a spring clean. Mini rant done Al

LABELS! You know your druthers. Why should it be any concern to anyone else? So what in being a guy, I intensely want to wear stiletto court shoes all the time: like while exercising, playing basketball, on the beach, hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, at social functions, driving, or in bed just to name a few. Stilettos may not be appropriate for all activities, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to wear them. If this puts me in the fetish column or row then so be it. I don't care. I'm me, not you. So take your labelling and put it somewhere that it will do some good.

Society wants men to be men. Then stand up in your stilletos an assert your right to choose. Once society is aware of how massive the desire from men to wear high heels actually is, the transition in attitude would happen like night and day with some shadow hold-outs. Even women, who are now socially accepted heelers, continue to receive flak from those who oppose the wearing of high heels. Again, what business is it of anyone elses, as long as I can perform my abilites to complete the objectives, even if it means you're on your stiletto heeled feet all the time? It may be just a matter of conditioning and learning the limitations for the activities that you will be doing.

Anyone want to meet for a game of high heel basketball? We will probably have to play on an outdoor court, due to the wood flooring of most inside courts. This invitaton to play is for all heelers. Non-heelers could come, watch, and cheer though. I'm going to present this activity in the real life thread, also.

I agree with Chantal.

Wear something different outside the norm and the label is attached faster than light.

There are many materials used that feel good whether of the sex inspiring feel or of just good quality a nice feel that is not a sex object. The labeling from the media helps to sell the paper or magazine, just because only a minority of people are more into wearing very high heels, leather, PVC etc in an every day sense (apart from bikers or rain coats in the rain) they are the unusual.

We the guys here at HHP are in that list, but is it a fetish? -

ONLY if you need it to get your rocks off and that part is not a requirement to be here.

HHP is not a sex site! and the mods have done a good job recently having a spring clean.

Mini rant done

Al

What, The HHP Thought Police hasn't kicked out and banned the OP for this post. You boys are slipping.

There are two types of fetishes, a fetish in a freudian sense (which most people here seem to think is the only type), and a fetish in a marxist sense (Valerie Steele writes about this).

LOL, you lost me.... care to explain a bit further?

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

What, The HHP Thought Police hasn't kicked out and banned the OP for this post. You boys are slipping.

I think you will find that the "original poster" raised a very interesting point that is worthy of discussion.

Us "thought police" have no problems with people saying that they like to wear heels but when people tell us in graphic detail what they do when wearing heels then we delete their posts. We then ban them when they start abusing us for our decision.

I am sorry but this is not a democracy and it does clearly state in the rules that no member is allowed to abuse another member, whether they be a moderator or not!

well a lot of good points made, and not going to start quoting every one either wise it will be one loooooooooooong post!!

so will try stick to the original post/point

just couz a woman wears

5+ inch patent stilettos

to me would not indicate a fetish, however seeing a a woman in

5+ inch patent stilettos

does appeal to my fetish

not every one see things in the same light

however, this site has helped me understand myself and the other facets of HH, however could all be seen as part of my fetish for HH!!

will give you another example, wife loves HH, however it is not a turn on for her, and that is exactly what a fetish is!!;)

yes there are those out there, men and woman who do have fetish for HH!!

however not every one

that lady in the +5 HH could of been doing to appeal to men with with the swing, the walk .....................or any number of other reasons, incl hight!!

It's also stimulating to see a beautiful women in a great pair of shoes walking the walk of seduction with her hips swaying in a hypnotic smooth motion that looks like she is gliding.

agree with you on the above, great sight:clap:;)

Hi this brings me to a general question: a woman on 5" stiletto heels is... fashionalble? daring? ??? a man on 5" stiletto heels is... a fetishist??? I don't think that it is so easy. However, many women, who wear heels, are looped upon as hoo..ers. So they also face problems with "society" (whoever this is). My opinion: I completely agree with Chantal. Fetishists suffer under absence of their fetish. Maybe many of us have a "passion". Sorry for my simple engish Joerg

will give you another example, wife loves HH, however it is not a turn on for her, and that is exactly what a fetish is!!;)

Yes, they probably don't but I am pretty sure that they make her feel good about herself otherwise she wouldn't wear them. The main reason I wear heels is because they make me feel good about myself...

4th July 2009 06:01 Dr. Shoe Quote:

Originally Posted by FXHH Posted Image

Yes, they probably don't but I am pretty sure that they make her feel good about herself otherwise she wouldn't wear them. The main reason I wear heels is because they make me feel good about myself...

yep spot on, asked her why??? now before posting!!

here reply was very close to the above!!

she likes the way it looks, and makes her feel sexy!! witch I agree equates to making her feel good about herself!!

any case feel very lucky that the wife and self can share a passion for heels the way we do, each one of us in our own way!!;)

On the other extreme have you looked on ebay at women's shoes?

It is worth a look for all the titles given to many of higher heels, one of the best recently for a pair of plain shoe boots (nothing elaborate) titled -

"High heel fetish boots size 8" got me laughing at a stunning height of 3 1/2" sorry I'll print that again ........three and one half inches........??????????

Now I believe this was adult size well it was in the women's section I just hope it wasn't in children's sizing!

I often see "TV" or "CD" added into the title, it puzzles me why? However good the shoe is I will ignore it because of that statement, certainly I wonder how the girls feel suddenly being linked like that. I feel many would again avoid this seller on principal most likely finding it insulting as do I.

In the past extreme heels were more the ware of the street girls/hookers or the very rich but then, they only walked to their own car. The 70s platforms made it more acceptable mainstream (even when I was walking a mates girlfriend home cos he was ill, we were accosted "how much and when you ready?". she was just 16! me a year older.)

Now most party/dressy heels are a 4" lift average.

Returning back to the OP just cos she was in 5" heels and looking good and a stunning walk means:-

She can handle them

Knows how to tease (got you)

knows she looks good.

It doesn't say:-

I'm on the game

or

I'm a kinky bitch.

Just enjoy the view, remember and reminisce the thoughts.

Al

Ok i'm trying to keep up with all this but i'm finding it hard to see if just liking/wearing the shoes I like mean i am a fetishist? I also like MK3 Ford Fiestas,very loud shirts and Matthew Reilly books. Does this mean i have a fetish for them aswell??? I guess i've made myself sound pretty stupid here but i just dont get it??? Does it just mean it has to stir things up down stairs to be a Fetish? if so my list of fetish's would be vast. If anyone can help me see why i dont get this..................... Yours Hiline Gump! ;)

Ok i'm trying to keep up with all this but i'm finding it hard to see if just liking/wearing the shoes I like mean i am a fetishist? I also like MK3 Ford Fiestas,very loud shirts and Matthew Reilly books. Does this mean i have a fetish for them aswell??? I guess i've made myself sound pretty stupid here but i just dont get it??? Does it just mean it has to stir things up down stairs to be a Fetish? if so my list of fetish's would be vast. If anyone can help me see why i dont get this.....................

Yours Hiline Gump! ;)

Hiline! If you've got the time and are really interested, perhaps this will help: Fetishist

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The sociological, pychological, and philosophical analysis of guys wanting to wear heels is based on the prevailing social standards and attitudes. Had men always enjoyed the choice to wear heels, the title of fetishist could be applied, but it wouldn't be directed specifically at males. Women have the same type of strong desires to wear heels like most of the guys in the HHP forum - Hence the "Girls Only Thread". They also have the social approval to wear heels, which gives them the latitude to be condoned or over looked for their fetishistic actions.

The sociological, psychological, and philosophical analysis of guys wanting to wear heels is based on the prevailing social standards and attitudes. Had men always enjoyed the choice to wear heels, the title of fetishist could be applied, but it wouldn't be directed specifically at males. Women have the same type of strong desires to wear heels like most of the guys in the HHP forum - Hence the "Girls Only Thread". They also have the social approval to wear heels, which gives them the latitude to be condoned or over looked for their fetishistic actions.

While I can't prove it absolutely, I would bet a popsicle to a bicycle there is a sexual attraction of some sort as the primary reason most males like/wear/are attracted to high heels. The reasons for women wanting to wear high heels are completely different than those for a man. While it would be reasonable to assume that the majority of woman associate "sexy shoes" as part of a costume that enhances their attractiveness (sex appeal) to men, I doubt that there are many women that would make love their high heels or "need" the shoe(s) present as a stimulant to "perform."

;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In deed a proof would be hard to get at this juncture, since men have been classified as fetishist for wanting to wear anything that women have the social approval to wear with exclusivity. Due to the prohibition for men to wear what is marked for women, society see it as an unnatural desire for men to have. Therefore, it must be some sort of sexual gratification that drives men to adorn with such items and not just a clear choice from what a particular male prefers in his development. The fact that men are instantly assumed to be social misfits should they publicly be perceived as wearing item(s) that have been femininely styled, keeps most men from exerting their right to choose many items they would have preferred wearing. This gives self-fulfilling credence to the inaccurate social standards as to what and who a person is or desires. As I have posted, my desire to wear black patented Mary Janes developed long before I had any notion for sexual satisfaction of any kind. As I grew, this desire has followed the same type of footwear encompassing the selections of the style worn by females in their aggressive maturing. The wearing of stiletto heels by men only seems like a sexual activity, because society has the attitude, males can't possibly have any other motive, especially since high heels can be such turn ons, even for women. Yes, if heels arouses a women to wear them, you can bet those heels will have a similar affect when the woman exhibits them and gets the notice from a male who prefers to wear the same styling. Should these activities qualify as fetishes or choices from either the woman or the man?

Hiline! If you've got the time and are really interested, perhaps this will help: Fetishist

some very interesting reading in that link!!

in some ways some disturbing reading as well!!

again one humans interpretation of the others issue!!

any case, enjoying my heels!!:)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem I've stirred up a hornet's nest with my post. :) The original thought was that walking a few kilometers in 5 inch heels strikes me as being so wildly unpractical, only a hard core heel lover would do such a thing. Hey... my uncle has a pair of drywall stilts (being a professional drywaller) and he is extremely comfortable and proficient on them but I don't see him going for walks in the park while wearing them. It strikes me that a woman wearing 5 inch heels for a walk in the park is either looking to get laid or has a kink for heels. The vast majority of women in my office wear sneakers to work and then switch into heels when they arrive at their desk. It's difficult to fault a little practicality... but I love a little impracticality too.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what's been said many times in this thread, that you can't really identify between someone who is fashion-conscious and a 'fetishist' just by looking at what they wear. I would think that unpracticality is a formality for someone if their priority is to look good, no matter what. Saying that, I would say that my heel interest is fetish-driven, but then again, I don't heel outdoors, so I'm far from qualified to give a thorough opinion on the matter.