pleaser bordello

hailey

Shoes for Halloween and unstylish bandwagon Dita Wannabees. Natacha Marro should sue them. See attached. There were more but these are proof enough. Pleaser are dirty thieves. They copied loads and loads of Leatherworks styles and rarely do anything remotely original.

post-9545-13352288774_thumb.jpg

Platforms don't do it for me. They are so far away from the shape of a natural foot. A single sole no matter the heel height is what does it for me, a shoe that compliments the foot, not disguising it.

Shoes for Halloween and unstylish bandwagon Dita Wannabees.

Natacha Marro should sue them. See attached. There were more but these are proof enough.

Pleaser are dirty thieves. They copied loads and loads of Leatherworks styles and rarely do anything remotely original.

Unless Natacha Marro has a design patent or some sort of trademark incorporated into the design (i.e. Nike Swoosh) that was copied, a lawsuit would be a waste of time.

Certainly there's nothing special about copying a 100 year old boot design or putting polka dots or a platform on a Mary Jane style pump. That's the way the fashion industry has always been. Some designer makes a $500 mini-skirt and 3 weeks later they're in Wal-Mart for $14.99.

Chevrolet might as well sue Ford for making cars with round wheels.

It's been a long day, sorry for the rant...

Well, if I had the money I'd always go for the Natacha Marro/Leatherworks; they do look classier. But not everyone has. I don't. As onyourtoes says, that's how the whole fashion world works now. Something becomes popular and within a month there are clones in Tesco, Walmart, etc etc. What's wrong with making things more accessible to the 'financially challenged'? And to the original question: yes, I got hold of a pair of Bordello Teezer (which are the YSL Tribute rip-offs). True, they are clumpy, but I confess I do rather like them. Surprisingly easy to walk in, I thought. And considerably cheaper than YSL (if they did make a UK10). I won't be going out in them though! They're just for fun.

[snip:] What's wrong with making things more accessible to the 'financially challenged'?

Not a thing wrong with making more accessible to those that are "financially challenged." The larger concern for a lot of buyers, however, is comfort and quality. If you are going to spend a lot of time in high heels, you should be able to wear them for a length of time without your feet hurting. It doesn't matter how stylish or similar they look to "the real thing," cheap knockoffs just don't do it. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I quite like them.

Like most Pleasers however, I expect they look great in photos but feel like (expensive) plastic rubbish in real life.

i have to agree i have a couple pair of pleasers. the look really good in pix. but they feel cheep. my new pleaser delight boots have this cheep plastic hooker boot feel to them. but they are still fun to wear and surprisingly they are quit comftable and easy to walk in ive been wearing them all day with no troubles ;)

i quitle lyk the look of the pleaser bordellos even if they are a cheep knock off :penitent: it does make it easy to have a pair of nice heels. where would we be with out cheep knock offs ;)

wild for plats :silly:

I won't disagree with you, bubba136. That's why I said, all other things being equal I'd go for the originals. I'm sure they'd be better made, nicer to wear and last a lot longer. Yes, the Pleasers are just synthetic and yes they do feel cheap. But they were. You get what you pay for. Anyway, I can't get the genuine Tributes in a UK10, so for these there's not a choice really.

Most of the Bordello Range are not available in the larger sizes now it seems. I wonder if Pleaser are stopping their support for the larger foot?

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

They are new so I would expect the larger sizes will arrive later. I still think they look like they are worth half their value. Surely they could afford to pay some top designers to do something amazing.

When I first saw the Cheetah sandals, I just had to have a pair. Of course, I'm still waiting to get enough money to get some, but I like the look a lot, and once I get some, will be looking for an opportunity to wear them out!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

All of the Bordello heels are available in sizes 6-12, but I do wish they went to at least 13 which would be great for many of the male heel lovers. A run of sizes 5-14 would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath. We don't have the Bordello line live on the site just yet, but if anyone would like to inquire about pricing or sizes, I'd be glad to help out. My personal favorites: Teeze-06 and Teeze-07 in Black Patent, and the Teeze-05 in Red Patent. ;)