The inuagural national high heels week

shoemaniac

Hi guys and girls,

Check this out the inaugural national high heels week. www.nationalhighheelsweek.co.uk

:winkiss::smile::silly:

I agree that this is a good idea. Is this your endeavor, shoemaniac? If it is, how do you intend to get publicity to encourage non-members to participate? And, to let the general public know that the guys in heels are supporting "national high heels week?"

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree that this is a good idea. Is this your endeavor, shoemaniac? If it is, how do you intend to get publicity to encourage non-members to participate? And, to let the general public know that the guys in heels are supporting "national high heels week?"

I could give him the user name and passcode to the myspace page. While the friends list might not enjoy the benefits of an active myspace member, it would still help. He could send an announcement to all the friends in the list which last I checked, is still near 2,000

shoemaniac--if you are interested pm me.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I'm struggling to grasp the mechanics of how this will work. How many men do you really think will wear high heels? What's the feedback been like? Have you contacted the press to get them behind it. I can't really see the Sun newspaper running a campaign called "High heels on men... We love it!" Be careful. Although it's a lovely idea. I can see the project backfiring and ending in ridicule. Thanks, Ben

Shoemaniac, A nice idea - with some reservations. Why are the only pictures on the site featuring guys wearing stiletto heels? To participate in national high heels week must a man wear stiletto heels? I hope not. I feel you should bring some balance into the site so that other heel styles are represented. Why not ask Firefoxif you could borrow some of the pics he uses on his heels site as that way will bring some balance. Also, why not International as opposed to National. This is an International board. Sure there are lots of UK members, but be inclusive as there are prominent heel wearers all over the world. Get in touch with Bryan boy, he is well into heels & fashion and would maybe asist in spreading the word via his very well read blog. Kneehighs offer of the facebook is excellent too, just what is needed. I'm not trying to pee on your bonfire - certainly not, but balance needs to be struck and just highlighting the extreem will not do any good at all. I agre with Bennos final statement. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Bravo! and kudos to these efforts. Some how, this entrepreneur needs to know that there is a lot of backing for this promotion to accept men and women equally as high heelers no matter what the outcome is. Being across the pond, we may get some press article or we may possibly hear a brief quip at the end of a news broadcast about a proclaimed high heel week for men, if there isn't more support internationally, but I would be surprised even at this much information coming here. May be I could send an inquiry to some local news stations to see if they have heard or know much about the information and activities on the www.nationalhighheels week.co.uk website.

I think for this to go further then you need to forget the web site and concentrate on a blog, myspace and facebook. You should bite Kneehighs' arm off for access to his Myspace/Facebook details. It's easy and very FREE to get a nice looking page setup and as others have mentioned you will get a far quicker and bigger response. I would also urge you to reconsider the charity element. I wear heels when I feel like it. I don't want to be connected with charity just because I sometimes wear shoes that don't fit with the 'norm'. This tack would make me uneasy. Why should I/we apologise or make a joke regarding our footwear selection?!!! Traditional charity fundraising events often require one to do something either stupid, funny or mildly unpleasant in order to be sponsored. Does anyone else feel that by linking men's fashion choice in this manner that we run the risk of creating negative and comical attention? Let's slap a big sticker on heels for men that says 'I only do it for a laugh and to raise a few quid for the disabled donkey sanctuary'. Thanks, Ben

See that too Jo, Maybe site taken down for a quick revamp.

As I said before, the idea is fine. The execution needs to be very careful to avoid the obvious pitfalls and so the original idea is diverted from its target.

In any case, I will be wearing my heels all week, IF 7cm cuban heels are classed as heels around here.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I think for this to go further then you need to forget the web site and concentrate on a blog, myspace and facebook. You should bite Kneehighs' arm off for access to his Myspace/Facebook details.

It's easy and very FREE to get a nice looking page setup and as others have mentioned you will get a far quicker and bigger response.

I would also urge you to reconsider the charity element. I wear heels when I feel like it. I don't want to be connected with charity just because I sometimes wear shoes that don't fit with the 'norm'. This tack would make me uneasy. Why should I/we apologise or make a joke regarding our footwear selection?!!!

Traditional charity fundraising events often require one to do something either stupid, funny or mildly unpleasant in order to be sponsored. Does anyone else feel that by linking men's fashion choice in this manner that we run the risk of creating negative and comical attention? Let's slap a big sticker on heels for men that says 'I only do it for a laugh and to raise a few quid for the disabled donkey sanctuary'.

Thanks,

Ben

I see your point and I'm leaning toward your view, but we have to do more than walk from our vehicle to the store, shop, and then walk back to our vehicle. Even going to dance and/or night clubs isn't enough to really change attitudes. Some how the subject of men wearing high heels has to be thought of in a serious and determined light.

I wouldn't try in haste to speed up what's happening anyway. More and more men are realising that they can wear clothes and act in ways that are different to the perceived norms. Men are already embracing (and being accepted for their choice) more and more traditionally feminine attire. Try to be patient. If anything the world is accepting men's fashion freedom at a faster rate than women achieved in their quest to wear trousers and flat shoes and behave in a more masculine way. It's probably because of the times we live in. The internet allowing people to interact and discuss in a fairly transparent way. Also there is the desire to peddle more interesting things to sell fashion magazines. There was a man (Andre J) in a dress and high heels on the cover of Vogue! I'm sure that if Suffragettes had access to the internet in days of old then the glass ceiling would have been smashed long ago!

post-9545-133522885337_thumb.jpg

I don't think there will be any backlash. The Walk A Mile In Her Shoes campaign has been going on for several years, and has not had any such backlash.

There may be a backlash. As I see it, the walk a mile campaign isn't design to showcase men wearing heels, it is to sensitize men to some of what women go through (put yourself in her shoes- literally). I believe most see it as men wear heels for a day then put them away for ever.