Quitting heels

Pumps

I haven't been posting much for a while, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm quitting the heels, at least in public. I'm just gonna have to realize that I'm just not the kind of guy who can pull it off. I realize that the narrowminded people wins, but it's just not worth it to be a laughingstock. I was watching Loveshiheels and Dr.shoe trying on heels in Camden (no shoes in my size).The shopassistents were really nice and helpful and customers really didn't react that much. Whenever I walk into a store the shopassistents would rather run to a corner gigling, than help me. I realize the my current mood is influenced by the fact that heeling in London is always much worse than heeling here. Especially the hotel staff was horrible, but it's probably just because the scandinavians are too polite to point and yell at you.Their view is the same. Now you're probably all going to say that it is my attitude and this may be so, but I'm more likely to believe that it's my appearance and heels that just don't match. I'm fairly tall and overweight. Bottomline is that it's just not worth it.

Sorry to hear this news. We all have to coordinate, but men need to be even more careful than women. I do make an effort to watch my weight, as a man (without boobs) does look a bit odd in heels under a beer belly. A large woman is better balanced even if overweight. If looking good in heels matters above all things then you will become thinner !! regards M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Oh, just go ahead and lose a few pounds. Besides looking better while wearing heels, losing the weight will be good for your health. (You'll live longer = more years to wear heels:thumbsup:;-))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sorry to hear about you quiting wearing heels in public. You have done very well in wearing heels on your own in public. Something that I have not done. I was hoping to go into that shop with the downstairs shoes department, but as that part of the shop was closed not much I could do about that. They do have larger shoes down there.

I haven't been posting much for a while, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm quitting the heels, at least in public. I'm just gonna have to realize that I'm just not the kind of guy who can pull it off. I realize that the narrowminded people wins, but it's just not worth it to be a laughingstock. I was watching Loveshiheels and Dr.shoe trying on heels in Camden (no shoes in my size).The shopassistents were really nice and helpful and customers really didn't react that much. Whenever I walk into a store the shopassistents would rather run to a corner gigling, than help me. I realize the my current mood is influenced by the fact that heeling in London is always much worse than heeling here. Especially the hotel staff was horrible, but it's probably just because the scandinavians are too polite to point and yell at you.Their view is the same.

Now you're probably all going to say that it is my attitude and this may be so, but I'm more likely to believe that it's my appearance and heels that just don't match. I'm fairly tall and overweight. Bottomline is that it's just not worth it.

Well, I can understand your reasoning. The plain and simple fact is that the guys around here are pretty "avant guard" when it comes to HH fashion. But that's not to say that we don't encounter some negative in the process. The bottom line here is that you have to grow a fairly thick layer of "bark" (as in - TREE) in order to be able to survive the jibes and the ridicule that some narrow-minded people are wont to use when they encounter such a fashion statement. Of course, such narrow-minded folk would never be on the "cutting edge" of anything, and so, being the "followers" that they are, they are responding in the only way they know how.

On the other hand, the image you present will greatly influence how you see yourself as well as how others see you. So if overweight is a problem, then you really need to adjust that aspect of your life if you want your image to match what you are trying to project. Indeed, for some reason, high heels and overweight just don't go together well. But the good news is that overweight can be overcome, and if that is your situation then I suggest that you correct it and then re-evaluate your decision.

Nevertheless, I can respect what you're saying. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best with it.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hi Pumps. I remember you saying this about shop assitances already last year in London and my experience is the opposite. Bigger cities like London, Copenhagen, Berlin, Stockholm are easier than the smaller swedish cities in my opinion. Since last years London meet I have also been out in tranny mode a few times at different places and the reactions in shops are just the opposite. Where the assitances doesn't bother about other customers, they immediately turn to me and ask if they can be of any help. Unfortunately I am a bit on the tall side for passing so I really don't care if I wear 1" heels or 5" heels, I am spotted anyway. I am probably a bit exhibitionistic too, or have become in recent years, and therefore I frequently visit fetish clubs of different types. My first was TG in London 2 years ago. At these venues people are always welcoming you. But the dress code generally requires more than just high heels. You are welcome to join me sometime if you want to. (There is one in Göteborg already this coming Saturday.)

Sorry to hear that your quitting heels. As for people in public. I mean with all the things wrong with the world (real problems). It still amazes me that people will still worry and laugh over petty things like a man wearing high heels. I mean their not being close minded their just being childish. Until the day we call them out on that. They'll continue. And tell them "IF you don't feed me, screw me or give me money. Your views don't matter!":clap:;-):w00t2:

after reading your comment and the reply threads I would offer a simple suggestion: stand in front of a full-length mirror in your heels-if you have the chance to do so-and critique your feelings toward the image in the mirror... ...it would be my hope that you can dis-associate your feelings for the heels from the feelings you might have that concern the appearance of, perhaps, seeing yourself as overweight and sensing that the feelings for the one are distinct from the other... ...and, consider, how good wearing them makes you feel then just determine to work around and isolate the other issues that are causing you this temporary crisis in confidence... best regards and keep smiling Jim/JSpikeheels

I'm overweight, and it's never worried me wearing heels. I tend to wear thicker heels anyway, but it's just an attitude of mind. If you do happen to feel bad about it, and the heels are important enough to you, then you'll lose weight, I guess. Many women face exactly the same problem.