High Heel hazard No. 94!

euchrid

Sounds like another suing episode from some one who was caught again in the act of being in a place that he was embarrassed to have become public. If the case isn't thrown out, I'd be suprised. The article didn't even show the correct offending "platformed" heel. Just another mis-representation or discrepancy of the truth by the media.

Nice picture, except no platform and the strap would not allow the shoe to fly off the foot unless he was taking the straps loose, in which case,,,,,

Probably wasn't the shoe illustrated in the pic. Was probably wearing high platform mules or something like that without a strap. I could see how this could happen. Now they will have to make rules and regulations about pole dancers foot wear and safety. They will now be required to wear hooker heels with straps so they don't fly off and hit some horny old goat n the head.;-)

real men wear heels

They will now be required to wear hooker heels with straps so they don't fly off and hit some horny old goat n the head.;-)

Or perhaps all "guests" will be required to wear hard hats and safety glasses!?!

(there's a joke in there somewhere about keeping your helmet polished! :w00t2:)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Or perhaps all "guests" will be required to wear hard hats and safety glasses!?!

(there's a joke in there somewhere about keeping your helmet polished! ;-))

They now will have rules in strip joints like where I work and all the guests will be required to put on there PPE before entering. Personal Protective Equipment.

Posted Image

real men wear heels

Since weapons are not allowed in the strip joint, then can high heel shoes be consitered a weapon? If so then the dancers would have to dance either bare foot or wearing boots that won't fly off when twirling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Good job euchrid! Looks like another welfare case looking for a free hand out huh. If he's so concerned about his health, what the H is he doing in a strip joint? shouldn't he have gone to the gym instead? Or maybe the health food store and spent his welfare check on granola bars instead of strippers? LOL:w00t2:

real men wear heels

Quote from news article: He claims XTC management allowed dancers to wear ‘improper attire’ and staged performances that made the stage a ‘hazardous area’.

So does this statement mean that strippers will have to wear steal toed boots and coveralls?;-)

Besides what does he expect at a strip club everything there is inappropriate.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

He should have stayed in his seat, then he would not have been kicked off the stage. You know the rules...........Don't touch the merchandise! Al

I would say that chap is definitely a sandwich short of a picnic. I also suspect he was put up to it by a third party. I'm very happy and proud to live in a country where such an accident would be seen as such and compensated by buying him a drink. The national health system would supply, free of charge some filler or other to renovate the chipped nose. Furthermore I would like to think that a legal case of that caliber over here would not be entertained by any self respecting judge.

Furthermore I would like to think that a legal case of that caliber over here would not be entertained by any self respecting judge.

Don't bet on it! Cut away all the salacious elements and we have simply a situation in which one person's arguably careless or reckless conduct has led to another person being injured. If it is reasonably foreseeable that a particular act could lead to injury or damage, the person carrying it out owes a duty of care to anyone in reasonable proximity who may be affected. And if that duty is not discharged (because the degree of care actually taken proves insufficient, and injury results), there is negligence and the injured person may recover damages.

OK, I agree that an apology, a sticking plaster, a ticket refund, a stiff drink and a taxi home would be by far the best means of disposing of what most would regard as an unfortunate accident. But that may not be enough if, say, a nose gets broken, glasses are smashed and a suit is covered in blood.

(No, I'm not an ambulance chaser ...!)

But I am guessing you are a barrister by the way you write.

Or a paparazzi photographer with a guilt complex. :w00t2:

I'm flattered (I think!). Neither actually - I'm an insurance consultant (not a salesman) who drafts insurance policies etc, mainly for legal expenses and liability products. The latter means that I'm essentially on the defence team and fighting the compensation culture - but of course anyone with a valid claim under one of my client's policies will get paid in full, promptly and without any quibbling!;-)

P.S. I'm available for weddings and bar mitzvahs, etc.