Men in Heels

billyb

I'm just trying to think of an occasion when a woman would wear pink shoes and it looks good. Not very often. Maybe with a pink or a white outfit? I don't think they go very well with the outfits here.

Weddings or cristenings....

Dont be a stranger here too FFox, I know you dont like that fact that we ban spammers and those who repeatedly expose themselves, but thats no reason for you to miss out...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

DITTO! I quite agree with Johnnie & Radiodave! Somehow, pink & red heels are just too feminine. Blacks & browns would be fine, maybe even some fancy blacks & browns with a bit of metal or something with a touch of animal skins, but lose the pinks.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

... I see no difference between a 2inch black chunky heeled pump and a five inch pink stiletto slingback. Most of societies perception is that they are female attire, these two shoes are equally feminine in my mind and I will wear either. ...

I admire your own blatant but stylish overall look, H-L, and I respect your opinion. I suspect you exaggerate slightly to make your point but I cannot agree with it. A 2" black chunky heeled pump may well be of obvious feminine design, e.g. a low-cut court shoe, with or without embellishments. If so, it is likely to indicate femininity to the onlooker but unlikely to shout it too loudly and may well go unnoticed. But if it is more of a loafer style, it is really a man's shoe in concept and would be completely acceptable (if noticed at all) when worn by a man. On the other hand, a stiletto court (any height, style or colour) can scarcely be hidden completely nor viewed as anything other than overtly feminine, and therefore questionable when worn by a man.

Don't misunderstand me, please. I am all for freedom of choice and those who are less adventurous or confident than H-L should not be deterred by any fear that a more modest female shoe - or indeed a more adventurous male shoe - is bound to embarrass them in public, as a blatantly feminine style would likely do.

I admire your own blatant but stylish overall look, H-L, and I respect your opinion. I suspect you exaggerate slightly to make your point but I cannot agree with it. A 2" black chunky heeled pump may well be of obvious feminine design, e.g. a low-cut court shoe, with or without embellishments. If so, it is likely to indicate femininity to the onlooker but unlikely to shout it too loudly and may well go unnoticed. But if it is more of a loafer style, it is really a man's shoe in concept and would be completely acceptable (if noticed at all) when worn by a man. On the other hand, a stiletto court (any height, style or colour) can scarcely be hidden completely nor viewed as anything other than overtly feminine, and therefore questionable when worn by a man.

Don't misunderstand me, please. I am all for freedom of choice and those who are less adventurous or confident than H-L should not be deterred by any fear that a more modest female shoe - or indeed a more adventurous male shoe - is bound to embarrass them in public, as a blatantly feminine style would likely do.

The classification of gender upon an object is arbitrary and subject to change. Now that we live in a global community where everyone has access to information from next door, next town, next providence, or from foreign soil, this change is harder to come by because more people can learn from the same source. If the information being sent out is that pink and stiletto heels are only for feminine wear then it more difficult to get people to think otherwise.

No matter what the brand, make, or intent of an item's use, putting a gender labeling on something is kind of like marking one's territory. It only stands as long as the position is secured. Actually, social perception is not what blocks men from heeling. It our own fears of the unknown and wondering if we can survive being heelers. Well, this is your life and you know where you are, now. Is it any where you have dreamed of being?

Forgive these rantings of personal anger with myself. You may take what I have just written if you want to, but this was really directed at me. Breaking out of my world of heeling secrecy entails bucking a lifetime of my programming where the fear of being discovered was considered the beginning of ridicule and exile. All though I have ventured publicly on many occasions, these old fears keep creeping back and make it just as difficult to heel openly like it is my first time again. Come to think of it, I have done the very same derisions to myself by living in secret for I have been isolated and self-justifying for having to hide my desire to wear heels. So, no matter how I approach my heeling in the past, it has achieved the same results, a life feeling unfulfilled. Only those close around me were directly affected and they didn't handle it well, because I was so inept while finding my way with out anyones help. This is why this forum is so precious to me, for many of you have gone through much of the same.

The classification of gender upon an object is arbitrary and subject to change. Now that we live in a global community where everyone has access to information from next door, next town, next providence, or from foreign soil, this change is harder to come by because more people can learn from the same source. If the information being sent out is that pink and stiletto heels are only for feminine wear then it more difficult to get people to think otherwise.

By the same token, surely modern global communications will help you, me and our friends here to convey our message, i.e. (in short) that heels etc are OK for men too? Propaganda can be our friend as well as our enemy.

Forgive these rantings of personal anger with myself. You may take what I have just written if you want to, but this was really directed at me.

Well, H-S, I don't think you have addressed my previous points directly but I think I can see yours. I was certainly intending no criticism of your appearance and way of life, which seems to suit you and will be envied by many here. You have the courage of your convictions - but many of us might be worried about convictions of another type if we copied you in full!!

Breaking out of my world of heeling secrecy entails bucking a lifetime of my programming where the fear of being discovered was considered the beginning of ridicule and exile. All though I have ventured publicly on many occasions, these old fears keep creeping back and make it just as difficult to heel openly like it is my first time again. Come to think of it, I have done the very same derisions to myself by living in secret for I have been isolated and self-justifying for having to hide my desire to wear heels. So, no matter how I approach my heeling in the past, it has achieved the same results, a life feeling unfulfilled. Only those close around me were directly affected and they didn't handle it well, because I was so inept while finding my way with out anyones help. This is why this forum is so precious to me, for many of you have gone through much of the same.

Well said Histiletto! ;-) Actually, this describes the situation that, in my analysis, in which most of us find ourselves. Fear of ridicule and rejection not only by those closest to us but from (perceived or imagined) society in total.

Which is the most difficult, the most harmful? To bury the desire deep within our subconscious in an attempt to appear "normal," safe and to prevent those closest to us from thinking that we're perverted -- or, our appearing as we so compulsively desire, enduring audible taunts and unspoken questioning and/or downright disapproving looks from those interacting with us?

For the greater number of "street heelers," the "fear" never completely disappears. When we're out and about wearing feminine footwear, we're constantly "on watch" as to where we go and what type of people we expose ourselves, unconsciously searching for reaction. It never ends.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.