Guys in heels. Girls opinions wanted, guys welcome.

Acadianheels

Hey Simon, Thanks for the responce....I agree with the ape comparison.....BIG TIME! lol. Very valid points.... JH. Thanks for your responce as well. I will keep on this board and hone my heeling skills to unlease them on the world one day....in a tasteful way that won't get my ars kicked or lynched. =o) Thanks both of you. Acadianheels

Hey Kneehighs, I just checked out the link...or should I say just finished checking out the link you noted above. Took me have the morning just to skim Shafted's posts. Well the cool thing is that I know all of the locations he has quoted in his posts. I am very fimiliar with all the areas he has ventured and I am completely shocked I haven't run into him. I don't live too far from where he works. Not the same town or nothing, but my summer adventures takes me to almost everywhere he has stated. I have been to his theater before.... Well maybe someday he will be back on the forum as he has tons of experience as to where I want to go in life. He sounds like we have would have a lot in commen. Shafted, if you ever come back on, come look me up one of your Maine brotheren. =o) Acadianheels

• 2 years later...

Hi, As I stated in the other post on this topic, I think that it is ok for a guy too wear whatever shoes they want as long as they have a good enough fasion sense too wear the right shoes with the right outfit, and not just wear a sexy pair of heels with everything just because they are stunning. As long as the shoes go with the clothes you are good in my book. As long as you follow what I previously said about not owning shoes sexier than mine.:) Ashley

I've actually been suspended from this site before for expressing my own personal view on this topic. Nonetheless, my opinions remain the same. I don't think stilettos look good on a man. I also think, in modern, fashion they are one of the last bastions of femininity and I don't want that to change. Of course If you are a guy and wish to wear them then that's up to you. I actually think those of you who do are quite brave. I don't want to be on the arm of a man wearing stilettos. Neither would I want society to accept that.

Not much that I can say that hasn't been said before. As said above, it's up to you what you wear. I don't really dig the look personally, but that shouldn't stop guys wearing whatever they like.

It just boils down to the fact if you dare to be different to most people you're always going to attract more attention.

Roz has gone from this site now.

I'm not going. You're stuck with me.

Ha

Hi,

- As long as you follow what I previously said about not owning shoes sexier than mine.:)

Ashley

Ashley we may need to know what you have so there is no conflicts?:)

Ha

Good for you Amanda we need a "voice of reason" to rein in some of the extreme (sillier) ideals.

By the way I like your new avatar better.

Thanks Girls

Al

Wow, I reawakened this thread hoping that Acadianheels would return. Oh well I guess I'll go with the flow, Amanda, I have a hard time believing you were suspended for that, then again someones hello post was deleted as spam. I really believe that the ladies opinions both favorable or not should be expressed for the good of all. One thing in my experience from wearing heels is that people seeing how I am able to function quite effortlessly while wearing them and see just what I'm like as a person tend to form different opinions than people looking at a picture or video. The person and the personality are just as important to the "look". These things just don't come across in a photo and most videos are too short for them to come across. But these things are just as important part of the look as the clothes and the shoes. I my neck of the woods anyway women just don't wear shoes like I wear. It is a rare treat to see a woman in heels. I sometimes have to wonder if women in my area even know of the existence of beautiful footwear. It's a crying shame really that the most beautiful shoes I've seen in my area have been on my own feet. Ashley, I can't promise that I don't own or wear for that matter shoes sexier than yours. IMO any shoe is remarkably unsexy until there is a foot in it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't think stilettos look good on a man. I also think, in modern, fashion they are one of the last bastions of femininity and I don't want that to change.

Of course If you are a guy and wish to wear them then that's up to you. I actually think those of you who do are quite brave.

I don't want to be on the arm of a man wearing stilettos. Neither would I want society to accept that.

Despite my inner desires, I agree with Amanda, if I may be so forward to use her first name - as a new member, that heeled shoes are very much a female thing and surely they go together with nicely toned legs in stockings (or tights if they must) and a nice length skirt.

Fear not Amanda, I am sure that society will not let you down any time soon.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

Ha

Happy to hear that. Even if you feel outnumbered on this forum by us guys wearing heels Amanda, its really nice to have you here sticking it through, welcome back!

Ha

Thank heavens! It is good to have you back, Amanda. Thank you for all of your comments and opinions. Please keep them coming ... all of them!:)

One thing in my experience from wearing heels is that people seeing how I am able to function quite effortlessly while wearing them and see just what I'm like as a person tend to form different opinions than people looking at a picture or video. The person and the personality are just as important to the "look". These things just don't come across in a photo and most videos are too short for them to come across. But these things are just as important part of the look as the clothes and the shoes....

This goes to the whole "the reality of a man in heels is different than the idea" principle I've been talking about for over half a decade.

The idea lacks voice tone, voice pitch, voice volume, speech rates, and most importantly BODY LANGUAGE of the wearer. These are all factors people respond to unconsciously.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I also think, in modern, fashion they are one of the last bastions of femininity and I don't want that to change.

I don't want to be on the arm of a man wearing stilettos. Neither would I want society to accept that.

Let's stay in the old days and have the pox and the plague and women not voting and people getting taxed on windows and salt and never move on.

I'm half joking but I don't understand the thinking behind never never never.

Ben x

Thanks for the welcome at the beginning! I definitely don't want to take the choice of high heels away from women and I'll continue to fight those who want to ban all high heels for whatever their reasoning. However, thinking that heels are only feminine is a trick society has led us to believe. Yes, they have a style and shape that attracts or effects everyone's senses to some degree, but so does many other things we view from different perspectives. To use one example: Many flowers are items known for their beauty and have often been given or worn as gifts of passion and reward to similate some degree of care and feeling. Heels have been used for this same effect. The feelings that some women seem to have for heels has not been socially disciplined for generations, so they get affronted at the mention that their socially created sovereignty over heels is being challenged. In reality, heels are subject to being chosen, just like any other item of clothing. As women have the desire to wear heels, so do men as this forum attest. Had the heels been on men's feet like they are now viewed by women, surely there would be cries heard of injustice from their side. There have been times in history when high heels were chosen by both men and women. Recorded history gives heels to men as the socially dominant heelers and then women received the opportunity to share such luxury with the men. In eras before industrialization, the expense of making heels was out of reach to all but those of substantial means and they were more of a status symbol of royalty and wealth. So most commoners were forbidden with penalties to appear above their station in their caste system. In our supposive free society today, the caste system has given way to social stereotyping. The same kind of juvenile thinking exist as to who should be able to choose what. No one really seems to cares about the feeling and desires of the people around them. They may see or notice injustices happening, but if it doesn't effect their way of life, it is ignored and/or dismissed as the way things are. Yes, society has taught us well in this regard to the point individual choice isn't permitted socially unless when observed by others, they approve. So you've heard this spill before. Must be that the same situation still exist. Have you noticed in religous writings, many subjects are repeated many times. Maybe they are hoping something will sink in enough to return better results. However, aren't we more motivated by praise and achievement then the rehashing and whining. (Cheese with that?) HE wants you to be the best you, possible. Not by the world's standards though, but by the standards of the CREATOR of all we have available for us to grow and live.

It's my specie-alty and I'll never be a journalist! It's a good thing we have an edit button or the length would be more and it would be less understandable, not that I have achieve any as yet. By the way, it is good to read your post again! Keep 'em coming. Your present avatar does get one a bit excited. Thanks!

Just to add a little to this thread. I have NEVER had any true negative reactions. I've had some gentle mickey taking, but nothing negative or sinister and it was tinged with a little admiration and humour. Positives... My god you look amazing!!! If I was 20 years younger... I have had really attractive girls seriously come on to me. A few have asked if I wanted to go to their house and be dressed up in their clothes and shoes. One girl made me take part in a 'Who can stub out a cigarette the most like Sandy from Grease' competition and then tried to kiss me. I explained that I had a girlfriend and declined. One woman told me that if she could start over again, she would have chosen a man like me and was really sorry she chose a 'Normal' boring man to marry and have children with. She unlaced my high heeled boots and asked me to lace them on her. She wanted me to wear her shoes but sadly they were too small for me. A shame as her heels were really amazing Jimmy Choo 6 inch black patent platforms. So in summary and to add to Kneehighs "the reality of a man in heels is different than the idea" comment. Yes it's so true. I try to come across as fun loving and happy. The reality is so different from the idea. Amanda. Have you ever met and spoken to an attractive man in high heels that wasn't in full Drag? That may be the real issue here.

Just wanted to add that if I had been wearing boring men's clothes on the occasions I have mentioned. I don't think the women in question would have been so forward in their proposals. Again, Thanks to Kneehighs for pushing the confidence in your heels and clothes thing.