New Virgin Atlantic advert

roz

Roz :thumbsup: , An excellent find, thanks for sharing. Certainly was a blast from the past with the set. Would be worth capturing for the gallery? (hint: Richie) Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Talk about attention getting! Wow, brilliant advertisement. Who would't want to watch it -- again and again and again. Love the red pumps. :thumbsup::welcome:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Lots of red heels in this new advert from Virgin Atlantic:

http://www.virginatlanticstillredhot.com/popup/tv-ad.html

Excellent find! Many thanks for sharing and posting.

The question is: does anyone know if they really wear this stuff on the plane? I saw many stewardesses of other airlines with similarly high heels at the beginning of the flight (while the plane was still grounded), but then they quickly changed their heels against boring flats during the flight when it was time to move around in the plane and serve snacks :thumbsup:

Heelma they often change down rarely above an inch nowadays (BA, Monarch, Flybe, XL(gone), Air Malta). Most aircraft floors are laminated honeycone and don't handle thin heels too well. Old floors often bounce as you walk = time for a change next service input! But who cares that advert will get the blood flowing and a few extra "bums on seats" just in hope. I love it! Al

I think it's a great advert even ignoring the heels, especially if you're British you'll understand it more with the retro brand names in it. Stewardesses don't wear heels, and I suspect that even the low heels mentioned above are not proper 'heels'. This is in case of emergency where stewardesses need to be prepared to evacuate the plane.

I think it's a great advert even ignoring the heels, especially if you're British you'll understand it more with the retro brand names in it.

Stewardesses don't wear heels, and I suspect that even the low heels mentioned above are not proper 'heels'. This is in case of emergency where stewardesses need to be prepared to evacuate the plane.

Very good point. That's probably why and it really makes sense. In case of an emergency, it's more important to dress clothes that aren't in the way.

I can't say anything about the British retro brand names though, but the fashion of some of the other folks is really funny.

If I remember rightly, the cellphone is actually from about 1986. I nearly bought a laptop-sized one (20 watts output .... that will REALLY fry your brain ! ) in the mid-80s. The plan was to have communications to my boat and run an antenna feeder up the mast to an aerial on top. That should have given me cell coverage halfway across the English Channel. Roz .... I've seen some pretty good heels on Air Stewardesses. They used to walk on the plane wearing 4 1/2 inchers and swap to lower ones to do the 'trolly dolly' bit. I remember in Crawley market (near Gatwick) following, more than I should, a stewardess who was making a good job on the 5 inchers (no plat) commercially available in the mid 80s. Boy, do I still wish I had those Ravel 5 inchers that I got around that time? Xa

Something of note Flying BA last week the girls heels during loading/welcome aboard were about 1 1/2 -2", as soon as the cabin service began all were in flats (very flat) but the thing that stands out all their heels were well worn not just the tips but the colours were scuffed off the heels badly, to me it's a bad signal. I'm ex BA, during my time uniforms were often changed "seasonal" and it was highly respected. There was a "standard of appearance" to keep up, alas it seems not to be the case now. Maybe the VA uniform/ad will kick some sense of pride into BA oh and a bit more - escape slide use no gender is attached to the statement:- " heels are to be removed before" Al

I think it's a great advert even ignoring the heels, especially if you're British you'll understand it more with the retro brand names in it.

Stewardesses don't wear heels, and I suspect that even the low heels mentioned above are not proper 'heels'. This is in case of emergency where stewardesses need to be prepared to evacuate the plane.

cabin crew are there to save your ass, not to kiss it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great advert. I remember the 1st time I saw it on telly. Cheers for the link Roz! The only thing wrong with the styling of the ad is the red shoes. They don't look 80s enough. I think they are the same as a pair my girlfriend bought in desperation from ALDO. They bothered to find a retro Wimpy burger sign thought so my hat is off to them! It's still a shame BA won't let Virgin buy the paint used on Concorde. Air France were happy to sell Richard Branson a few planes but BA owns the rights to the special paint used on Concorde. As the plane stretched by something like 9 inches when it went supersonic and normal paint would simply fall off.