Question concerning socks

docs41

I have a question concerning sock styles. When you are wearing heels or other styles of women's shoes, if you don't wear nylons or go barefoot, what style of socks do you wear? I rarely wear nylons but I do wear a thin type sock. I was just wondering what others in our forum wear hoping for some suggestions.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I wear women's trouser socks a lot even with men's shoes. Also, I wear knee high nylons with heels. They are a good option because they just provide a sheer look and they are much more inexpensive than women's trouser socks.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have never tried this myself but I have seen women wear thin white ankle socks with the white lace around the top usually with black patent or red pumps. Don't ask me why but I think its kind of sexy.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I don't own any men's socks. I usually wear woman's trouser socks (70%), knee high stocking (20%), stayp-ups (which don't work very well) or stockings and suspender belt (10%)...don't wear pantyhose.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I also prefer women's trouser socks when wearing heels. I also wear knee-highs, tights and pantyhose. I pride myself on being flexible. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Seems like we all do similar things. I've been experimenting with the trouser socks for a while and just about excluded any mens socks or shoes from my collection any more. Thanks again......

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

For bigger sizes in knee highs and thin socks for guys, try www.comfilon.com and under Online Catalog, select sheer socks or opaque socks. They also have footies big enough for big feet (US men's Size 15).

GWL

I prefer to wear mostly pantyhose or stockings, Lately there are many new styles of leggings and pantyhouse, which comes in many sexy designs, (although I import them from Asia to US, Canada many European countries) so i have to wear them first and try on my to make sure the sizes are correct and the quality is adequate, is the fashion now and it would be a crime not to wear them. Sometimes when i can I like to wear all day long a pantyhose, the feeling is indescribable amazing, but because i dont dare to be high heeled in the street or at work, i put on some socks over the hose to cover my anckle and not to show that i am using a flashy purple, with lace hose or stocking on my legs, a thin sock is great. But if i am wearing those leggings without foot tip, i will be wearing a trouser socks or thin mens socks.

V. Morpho

Yes ideed there are those sock that are open in the tip and the heel of the foot, so you can put some hose underneath and wear the boots mush more confortable without tearing your favorite hose with the zipper or the inner cover of the boots., great accessory indeed, and...kepps you very warm and dry.

V. Morpho