An exciting experience

hiheellover23

Hey what's up everyone this is highheellover23 again. I just wanted to tell you guys about the experience with my boots last weekend. Me and my girlfriend went out to see do some shopping and walking around. Well she decided to put on a blue shirt with some denim bellbottoms with some bronze, Nine West wedges. So, I decided to wear a light blue shirt with some Ashley Stewart flare jeans with my brown boots from Shoes USA. Well the hook is that we were going on a side of town that was mostly populated with African Americans. A portion of them were dressed normal and then there were the guys with the dreadlocks, saggy baggy pants, gold teeth, you name it. We stopped at a number of places such as the gas station, clothing store, ATM, and getting a bite to eat. Scenario #1 We went to the gas station cuz I had to go use the facilities. Well little did I know that the bathroom was in the back of the gas station which means I had to go up front to go get a key. So I stepped out of the car took a deep breath but then I thought to myself "My girlfriend bought the boots for me because I wanted them so I should not be ashamed of them." So I just started walking towards the front and it was a pretty good distance. So it was a guy with dreadlocks filling his car up with gas along with two other guys in the car and they had seen me walk by. I didn't think to look because I didn't to get distracted (although I should have). According to what my girlfriend was saying, she saw the guy talking amongst each other asking theirselves if the were seeing what they were seeing. They were surprised and had to ride by and look a second time and see. No negative remarks there. Then another lady was looking and I had seen her do a double take at my feet. My girlfriend applauded me on how I walked with such confidence which made me feel great. Scenario #2 We had stopped by an ATM because I had to get some money. So I got dropped off and walked a pretty good distance and ended up getting a couple stares from people in a laundry mat. My girlfriend said that when she rode by while I was walking past this hair salon people came running towards the window wanting to look at me faces plastered against the window and all!!!! That made me laugh. Scenario #3 We had stopped by this clothing store called Citi Trendz to go pick up these shoes that we had seen a while back from this brand called Diva Blue. The shoes pretty much look like the Aldo Atlantic City shoes with the hidden platform. So we walked in and no one made any remarks. As we walked out two ladies were walking out and I think they had seen my feet and one of them made the comment "You better work it honey!!" Or at least that was what my girlfriend was telling me. I don't know why I don't listen but I guess I'm so busy trying to block out everyone and focus on my objective as far as wear and walking in the boots as gracefully as possible so next time I will try to be more aware of my surroundings. Well nothing happened at the restaurant kind of chickened out on it I should have but my feet were kind of hurting. So ladies trust me when I say I feel your pain when it comes to heels. But at any rate that was my weekend I hope I didn't bore you guys with my story too much.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Waytogo, hhl23 (3 highfives). :smile: just don't stop wearing them. If you managed to wear them without incident in that kind of neighborhood, you can wear them with pride and confidence in any other area of Jacksonville.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Congratulations on your high heel experiences. Like many of us who wear high heels in public, it is so much fun and exciting to wear high heels in so many different places in so many situations. I wish you good luck and fun on your future outings.

Pretty cool outing! Like you, I usually don't notice what other people's reactions when I am out, unless I am actually focusing to see their reactions. Reactions I do notice however are the people who try to be coy in commenting to somebody else or trying too hard not to stare...ironic, huh? Having a third party observer is nice though...

Style is built from the ground up!

Thank you you guys for the kind responses. Eventually I will get some pictures together so I can show you guys. It is because of you guys that I get inspired and motivated to wear my boots with pride. This page has helped me so much. So as long as this site is around I will and as long as I know that there are other heel wearers like me out there I will continue to build confidence and wear my heels with pride!!! Thanks again you guys.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

A remarkable outing, my friend. Sounds like you had a good time. Having confidence to wear heels in public goes a long way towards enjoying the overall experience. Hope to read of more outings from you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!