large size shoe buying strategy help

jwhite44

(I apologize if this is long)

I have sz 12/13 feet so, like others with large feet, buying heels is not a simple task, but more of an adventure. Even though some stores (Payless, maybe DSW) carry sizes up to woman's 13, my feeling is they are still going to be too small for me. (I'm going with the normal '+2' size adjustment for male shoes, so I'm figuring I need a 14-15 W size).

The last set of heels I bought (a while ago) ended up being a 5" pump from Fredericks (mail order). I picked their largest size (13), but they are not surprisingly, small. My goal now is to get a pair shoes that has the 'good' discomfort of a high heel without the 'bad' discomfort of having my foot packed into a too-small shoe.

I started to look into fetish stores in my city. One had a website that showed some heels that went up to 16-17. I got up the courage to go to it (not bad at all once I got in), but perhaps typical of in-store inventory, they only had some of the shoes available, and only in a few sizes. Perhaps not surprising, no large sizes in stock.

I'm going to see if there are any other stores like this near to me. Since based on a decent amount of searching already, I thought this was my best shot, I'm not expecting to find anything else. Any suggestions for other places to try, expectations I may find something?

There's two options I can think of at this point:

1. For a local store, many allow you to order shoes. I'd probably be paying higher prices, and availability is sometimes listed as 2-6 weeks (probably submitted as a once-per-month shoe order). Also, I'm not sure what the return policy would be if I'm not happy with the fit. However, I would be able to pick up the shoes.

2. Mail order. That isn't my first choice, because I need to be discreet, and don't have an easy place I could have a pair of heels delivered to. I had an idea that I could get a mailbox (private or USPS), and have an order delivered there. That's a disadvantage, as I'd rather not have to go to that amount of effort, plus there's the cost. Advantages are I'd have a lot bigger selection. Places such as www.sexyshoes.com have a big selection (including large sizes), and are flexible on returns (though shipping costs can add up).

[Digressing slightly - one advantage of a place like sexyshoes.com is they also carry wide heels in addition to large. Although I don't need wide shoes for any men's shoes I wear, I was wondering if wide womans heel would be a provide a better fit? If it would, then mailorder is probably the way to go, since I've seen no local stores so far that carry large and wide heels.]

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sexyshoes is a great choice. Iv'e never seen any shoe at DSW larger than 11. There are several stores that carry large sizes. google the internet. Also open toe sling back shoes with a 3" or 4" heel would probably work for you in a size 12. Don't rely so much on those fetish sites, they all carry the same thing. bad fitting shoes. Check out the online dept stores and online cataloge sale sites. A lot of them carry 13w and 13ww.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Leslie Shoe Comany (sexyshoes.com) is a good company to deal with. I've purchased several pairs of shoes from them over the past 10 years and never had the first problem with their service. While the quality of their shoes isn't as high as LSB's standard, the shoes are nice enough to wear anywhere. The prices are reasonable for the product, also.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've also ordered from Leslie Shoes COmpany with great results. You may want to get a PO (or no PO) box and use Ebay. Once you know your sizing, you can find some great deals. I owe (blame?) the explosion in my shoe collection to them!

Jwhite44 -

First Welcome to the forum!

Do consider the concept of “Support your local merchant”. If you have a store that can get the shoes you want (providing they aren’t price gouging) you might give them a try. If they are selling shoes, they should know how the sizing of their brands run and should be able to tell you what size should fit. That puts the responsibility for the correct sizing on the store. If they get it wrong, they should get you a different size. It wouldn’t hurt to ask before you give them any money. If they won’t stand behind their service, sexyshoes will.

Enjoy your heels.

:smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'd don't know what your price range is but here are a few shops I have had dealings with that carry large sizes::

http://www.italianheels.com - Custom order shoes/boots. Excellent quality in my opinion (I've ordered the Indira boots). Since it's custom it takes time for them to complete your order and shipment but it arrives. It seems that they make/carry sizes up to 45-46 european size which is 14-15 womens US size.

http://www.fuss-schuhe.de - Never bought from them though they have some nice shoes with large sizes.

http://www.silhouette.nl/en/ - Good quality and large selection of shoes/boots in large sizes. I've bought 2 pairs of boots from them.

http://www.world-of-high-heels.de/Shop/ - Never bought from this site but someone in the forum did and recommended them.

I'm sure there are other good quality shoe sites out there...

Thighbootguy (and others), thanks for the welcome. I'm wise enough (at least I'd like to think so), and not so poor, to be able to support a bricks & morter merchant, even if there's a price premium involved. I knew that when I went to the one store (for comparison, the same pair of 5" pumps they sell for $60, is only $47.50 from Amazon). However, I felt that almost any price premium would be worth it, if it allowed me to try on the shoes. The sales guy (yes, guy!) did state that they could order my size, but I said, "I was really hoping to try them on, to make sure they fit." He didn't really have anything to say to that (knowing I'm a male 12-13, I'm sure he understands the difficulty in knowing the fit of such large sizes). If I can't try them on, and I'd likely need to wait 2-6 weeks for them to order my shoe as part of my order, then they aren't helping my purchasing task. At that point, I'm not sure I have many options but to go with mailorder. t-strap lover, your idea to look for smaller, 'backless' shoes is a great one. I did some online searching at sears, target, walmart, macys - from an initial look, I didn't see much there. Bakers has some awesome shoes (always had), but only one pair in a sz12. Payless so far appears to be the best: several different shoes, some with sizes up to 13W, ridiculously low prices, and the option to order and pick up at a store. I can't their styles would be my first choice otherwise, but for 'ease of purchase', right now, I'm not sure they can be beat. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

I'm sure there is a Payless store in your area (probably several). Go in and try the shoes on! Really, go in and try them on. No one will bat an eye at a guy trying on heels in a Payless store. Search around on this forum for "Payless" and you will find hundreds of post that reinforce that statement. I go in wearing thigh boots with 5" stilettos and have never had a comment other than, "Welcome to Payless." Some Payless stores carry more large sizes than others. If your local store dosen't have 13s in stock, ask the manager which store in your area might have them. I have also found that their shoes run a little large. You can order shoes at their web site and have them delivered to your local store! Ask the manager what the policy is on ordering shoes and finding out that they don't fit. I have had managers encourage me to order stuff on line to be shipped to their store. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I wear a size 12 high heel shoe. I have an exotic boutique that stocks high heels up to size 17. I have bought many pairs there. But I have bought some very nice high heels at Payless Shooes and Famous Footwear. I have bought a few pairs of high heels by mail order, but I enjoy going into the store and trying them on, and even wearing them out of the store. Good luck on your search.

Thighbootguy is right, there are plenty of Payless stores around me. I'll probably stop in one or two close to me to see what they have.

[side point - are all the shoes they carry out on the shelves (grouped by size)? For the ones I found on the website that I'm interested in, is it just a matter of walking over to that area, or are some in the back, and a salesperson has to get your particular size?]

Though I've read the stories of others doing it, right now I don't see myself trying on shoes in public. I would have done it at the fetish store I went to, but in that type of store, I doubt anything would be shocking. Plus, it was a 30+ minute drive, with an uncertain return policy. If they had a set of heels I was interested, it would be foolish for me not to try them on there.

With Payless, the fact that they are so close (2 within 6min), with an almost no-questions-asked return policy, I don't see it worth the embarrassment (for me) to try them on in the store. Not to mention at home, I can take my time looking them over, and seeing how they feel (I'm a pretty meticulous shopper in everything I buy). I know I'd lose a little of the thrill of an immediate purchase, but their ship to store times are probably no worse than mail order, which is likely my other alternative.

roniheels, it's nice you have a store near you that carries the size you need. One can almost get envious at those with smaller size feet, who can go into almost any women's shoe store, and be able to buy almost any pair of shoes (of course then, choosing could be a major problem!).

Having an errand to run (good reason to go out!), I had 4 local Payless stores to check out. Skipping ahead, store #2 I couldn't locate (though I know where it is now), and stores #3 & #4 only went up to sz 12.

Store #1, certainly compared to #'s 3 & 4, was well stocked, with both 13 and 13W. I didn't do an exact count, but I'd say they had 3-4 boxes 'across' on the shelf; with I'm thinking maybe 5 vertical shelves, that's 15-20 different pairs, not bad. Plus, they had 1/2 dozen boxes on top of the shelves.

Despite that, they had none of the shoes I was hoping to find. I didn't walk out empty handed though! The first pair I bought was a pair of black heels in 13W. I really wasn't looking for a closed-back pump, instead looking for (as previously suggested) an open back w/ a strap. However, the shoes looked pretty big (definitely wider than the Fredick's pumps I have), and at what I thought I measured to be a 4" heel (yes, tapemeasure in hand!), I thought a pretty solid purchase. http://www.payless.com/Catalog/productdetail.aspx?ItemCode=60070&ProductColor=Black&Width=Wide&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensShoes&BLC=WomensDressTrendy

When I got home, looked up the model #, and ironically it was a pair I had looked at, but I didn't have them on my to-buy list (based on them being a closed back, and listed as only having a 3 1/2 heel height). I haven't tried them on yet, once I see how they fit, I'll decide what to do with them.

The second pair is a tan & white sandal, about a 4" heel with a 1/2" platform. They were a 13, not a 13W, but I thought the openness of it might be enough to handle the width of a man's size foot. I'm not sure I would have bought them if it wasn't for the price - $6! (The model number doesn't show on the payless.com site, so no link to it).

The whole shopping experience was actually very good. There was a young girl who was maybe the only salesperson in. The box for the 2nd pair was one on top of the shelf. When I pulled it down to look at it, the woman was further down the aisle, and I think said, "Sir, I can help you with that." I said (holding it in my hand), "No, I'm okay." Maybe it's just habit that the salespeople try to avoid having their customers get the top-shelf shoes (although it was obvious I had no problems reaching it).

Later, I walked towards the front of the store, when I think she said something like, "Are you doing okay with your selections?" I said, "Yes." I then went to look to see if the two other shoes I was interested (both ankle boots) were available to be seen in the store. I did finally find them in a different size section.

The first is a platform lace up ankle boot (4" heel w/ 1/2" platform). I've always loved these type of boots. To be honest, even with a size 13, I think they are going to be small (at best tight), and unfortunately they don't come in a wide.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensShoes&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64012&LotNumber=064558&Type=Adult&Popularity=&DescriptiveColor=Black&Size=13

The second is a called a bootine, it's lower than the ankle boot, and available in 13W, my guess would be a lot better fit.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensShoes&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Wide&ItemCode=64002&LotNumber=064453&Type=Adult&Popularity=&DescriptiveColor=Grey&Size=13

I'm curious to see how a boot feels vs a shoe, so buying these seem like the easiest way to give that a try. I'd prefer to see (and buy) them in person (the rush of getting them immediately), but at this point, I might have to do some work just to find other stores that carry 13's, let alone actually having them in stock. When I've exhausted my searching, I can always fallback to ordering them and have them shipped to a store.

When I went to checkout, the salegirl had another comment for me. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it definitely wasn't anything negative. When she rang up the $6 sandals, she said, "Oh, someone finally bought these" (my assumption being they had been around for a while). I said, "At $6, you really can't go wrong." She didn't have anything specifically to say about the black pumps, although they did have security clips in both shoes, which she did have to take off. There was no being discreet with a closed box, they were both out in the open. I'm glad there wasn't anyone else in line behind me!

At the end of my transaction, she asked me, "Would I be interested in a purse to go with my purchase." I simply said, "No thanks.' I'm not doing justice to describing the situation well. There was never anything unprofessional, or even a smirk that I noticed. If she had any thoughts the shoes were for me, it didn't seem to bother her. All I can think is, if I had any thoughts about being more in the open about my shoe buying, I'd buy all my payless shoes from her. Based on my dealings with her, I'd expect her to have no hesitations in helping me with any purchases.

Sorry it was so long. I know I enjoy reading other people's experiences, so I thought I'd pass on mine.

Between football games earlier this afternoon, I got some time to try on my new purchases.

As a baseline, I first tried on my Fredericks 5" pumps. [As an exact measurement, they are 4 3/4". I'm a little surprised by this - I remember the ad in the catalog listing them "with a full 5" heel". Plus, I would have thought larger sizes tend to run with higher than advertised heel heights, not shorter.]

Make no mistake about it - they are tight. I couldn't notice one specific area (toe box, back part where it hits your heel) as pinching, or being any more uncomfortable as any other. At least it has balance.

Where I feel them big-time is in my ankles, and the back of my knees. Short of some shots of novacaine, I'm not sure I can imagine every not knowing I'm wearing high heels. To some degree, because they are so tight, they also feel like an extension of my foot (more on this below).

Next was the new pumps I bought. The payless site lists them as 3 1/2" heel height; actual measured height was 4 1/8". Just looking at them next to the Fredericks pump, they looked like they were on steroids. Certainly being a Wide width didn't help minimize the visual size of them.

When I put them on, I immediately noticed two things:

1. There was a greatly reduced sense of being in high heels. With my ' 5" ' pumps, every step, heck just standing still, you know you're in heels. With these shoes, I felt like I could have been in then infinitely longer, with no discomfort. I would have never imagined that that extra 5/8" would make that much difference.

2. My feet actually moved around in the shoe while walking. I'm not sure what the root cause is: whether it's too big a size, or too wide (this is a 13W), but in the limited walking I did in them (on carpet, not to scratch the soles in case I want to return them), I had to focus, to some degree, in making sure my foot stayed properly seated in the shoe. After all the research I've been doing on trying to find larger sizes, I can't believe I'd be saying I need a smaller size.

I'm pretty sure I saw both a 13 and a 12W at the store I bought them at. I can't say I'm eager about returning the 13W's, buying the other two, and the returning one. The shoes are also available in 'Merlot', which is an interesting looking reddish-brown color. If I want that color, I'd probably have to order w/ ship to store, unless I get truely lucky, and find a pair in stock.

Last was the sandals I bought. Now these were interesting! These felt even less high (read - more walkable) than the pumps. Although the heel height was identical at 4 1/8" high, the sandal had a full 1/2" platform, which I guess is all the explanation I need. These did take some work to get into. (I wish I had a picture, it would describing them easier). It has two straps that go across the shoe at the front (just behind the toes. For the strap, instead of a simpler 'U' shape strap (if you look overhead, front to back), it's more of a figure 8 shape that you need to slip your foor thru. I adjusted the strap to the furthest-back hole, and if it would help, there's still an inch of strap if I wanted to poke my own hole.

At least in these shoes, I think I could benefit from a wide width. They were a little tight at the widest part of my foot, which is enhanced (compared to the Fredericks pump) because that's the main part of the show that provides the support to keep the shoe on your foot. An interesting test would be just to wear them without standing or walking, and see how they feel.

Walking was something different. Although I didn't weigh them, it seemed like these shoes were heavier (it has a platform, and it's not a stiletto heel), so there was a sensation of having to move some extra mass on your foot when walking. I sort of liked it. Even only being $6, I still had doubts about keeping them after buying them. Not any more!

I called several other Payless stores around me, and it wasn't encouraging:

- 3 only carry up to sz 12

- 1 carries them occasionally, but has none in now

- 1 said they had 3 pairs in stock.

There are others I can try, but they'll just be further away from me. As a check, I'm tempted to call up the store I bought these two pair from, and see what they say. I'd expect them to say, "Yes, we have quite a few.' If they say no, "No we don't have any", then I might have to question all 'no 13' answers I got.

All in all, a pretty interesting day.

Jwhite44 –

A couple of observations:

Shoes are not supposed to hurt. If they do, your body is trying to tell you to take them off.

The folks at Payless know (and I think expect) that guys buy their larger sized shoes. You can save yourself a lot of exchanging and have a lot of fun if you try the shoes on in the store (Especially if the store is empty)! Considering the price of gas these days, and how much fun your missing, try them on the next time you go to Payless. You can work your way through the whole rack of 13s and maybe even try a few 12s. It’s even more fun when the boots show up on the rack.

In a little while, you won’t need a tape measure to gauge the heel height.

Just a note to answer one of your questions that I don't believe anyone specifically replied to. Yes, width is a major factor in men wearing womens shoes. Mens feet are much wider on average. Typically, the actual length of a shoe isn;t that drastically different between mens and womens sizes. I wear a mens 10 1/2, and typically but womens 12. However, if I can find an 11 W, that will often be a better fit than the 12. The 12 tends to slip off the heel of my foot, as the length is actually too long. If one stops and thinks about it, a narrower foot can extend further into a shoe, and thus make use of the length provided. Especially true of a pointed toe shoe. So, if you wear a mens 12, if you can find a 13 W womens, I'd certainly give that a try.

Thighbootguy, you're probably very right about Payless expecting (certainly not being surprised) about guys buying their larger sizes. If not a regular item, I have to think that under the premise of "a Halloween costume", there's even more of it now. [On a slight tangent - I went to the local Payless I couldn't find yesterday, they only had up to sz 12. Instead of trying to find 13's in other stores (and I still have a few local (but further ones) to try), I'm almost more interested in going back to the first one, and asking them why they seem to stock so many.]

Trying shoes on in the store is a big step for me (these might have been the first ones I actually bought in person). I did foresee a situation when that could happen. There's a good chance I'd be returning the 13W pumps I bought. If that same salegirl was working, if she asked why, I'd be very tempted to say, "I wasn't happy with the fit", or, "They felt too big". If she came back with, "Why don't you try a different size?", that could be a window to being a bit more open with them in-store.

There's a glitch with this plan though. I signed up for payless.com emails (since I seem to getting hooked on shopping there), and they already sent me a $10 off $50 coupon. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find the two ankle boots I want to try in a store, so they almost certainly will need to be ordered. [Question for those that shop there - is there any advantage to ordering in store (if they can do it), or just as good to do it online, and ship to store? I wasn't sure if a store order for some reason might be processed quicker.]

While the boots are $35-$40 each, I think there's a good chance one pair will need to go back (either the one that fits worse, or I like the least). That leaves me short of my $50 min purchase, so I thought I should order the replacement pumps as well (in a 13 & 12W), again figuring that I'd return one pair. At the end, I should end up with two pair, enough to qualify for the $10 discount.

Where all this is going is if I order the pumps, then the 13W's become an return, not an exchange, and I don't have a reason to try them on in the store. Now, if I knew when the salesgirl who helped me Sunday worked, I'd be tempted to go back there now, do the return, and if she mentions trying other sizes, I could get into, "Well, there's some boots I think I'll need to order online, and I was going to order different sizes of the pumps to qualify for a discount." She could just say, "Ok", or she could say, "Why don't your try on the shoes here, find the right ones, then I can ring them up with the order for the boots?"

I know I'm probably over analyzing this, but heels are certainly a fetish for me, so a lot of the fun is in the details.

In terms of your comment of, "Shoes are not supposed to hurt", I certainly agree. However, for a sz 12+ guy trying to find a sexy pump, "comfortably high heels' can be more fantasy than fact. I thought I was pretty lucky (I don't even want to think how long ago!) to find a sz 13 5" heel, from Fredericks, pretty much the only semi-maintstream place I could find them at. Yeah, they are tight, but that's what I've had to live with.

Back then (and I'm probably dating myself), anything above 3 1/2", certainly 4", was considered high and overtly sexy. I was looking through the online Bakers Shoes website, and I was amazed at how few shoes with heels lower than 4" they had. Payless is similar - who'd have thought you could walk into a store, but a pair of 4"+ heels, in size 13W (probably too big!), for less than $20?

Sorry if I digressed. In terms of being able to buy comfortable shoes, Payless is to some degree a godsend. If it wasn't for them, I'm not sure I'd have found any sexy stores of the rack in size that would be comfortable for me.

Thanks for all your comments and observations, I definitely appreciate them.

jwhite44 wrote:

I know I'm probably over analyzing this

Good Grief, Charlie Brown, how true you are. You're way "over thinking" this entire scenario. Just go into the store, select a pair, try them on and get on with getting on. Keep thinking like this and you'll talk yourself out of buying heels anywhere. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I feel the pain on buying heels for the big footed man. I wear a size 15 in mens shoes and according to the +2 sizing I am a 17 in womens.....Try finding that at your local Payless....lol. anyways I use a site called http://www.fantasiawear.com/ they have shoes upto and including size 17. They are very descrete when shipping as the sending address has nothing to do with the web address. Everything comes in a regular USPS Priority Mail packing box with no indication of whats inside. This may help you if you MUST mail order.

Yeah, I definitely over-analyze, that's just the way I am! A new twist. While on a website that tracks discounts (totally non-shoe related!), for fun, I typed in 'payless', and it came back with an entry with a discount code for 25% off an entire order! Obviously that's much better than my $10off50 coupon. I'm going to take another look thru payless.com, see if there's anything else I want, then put in ship to store order for all of them. I'm sort of hoping I don't find much more than I have in my shopping bag now, as I already have 4 pairs I'm ordering, and I'm the bubble about a 5th. I'm not really sure what it will be like walking out with an armful of shoes.

Jwhite44 –

“Trying shoes on in the store is a big step for me” – that’s why they make the heels high (That’s a joke son, that’s a joke.) :smile:

The underlying thrust of my comments is don’t try to hide your heels. If your going out with the hope that no one sees you, why not stay at home? I’ve found that most new heel wearers tie themselves up in knots worrying about someone seeing them in heels. That isn’t what heeling is all about (at least not for me). You should be going out to show off your heels and enjoying yourself. You’re making a statement that you are not like everyone else on the street.

To the folks that run shoe stores, a sale is a sale, however if they value their customers, they will want to be sure the shoes they sell fit correctly. If they know the shoes are for you, they should encourage you to try them on.

I walk into a shoe store wearing thigh boots with 5” heels because I like the look and I also so I don’t have to worry about any questions of for whom I’m buying shoes. It’s really a matter of trading one stress for another and since I am no longer stress by wearing thigh boots, for me, it’s a win win situation.

Enjoy your heels!

:thumbsup:

Jwhite44 –

“Trying shoes on in the store is a big step for me” – that’s why they make the heels high (That’s a joke son, that’s a joke.) :smile:

The underlying thrust of my comments is don’t try to hide your heels. If your going out with the hope that no one sees you, why not stay at home? I’ve found that most new heel wearers tie themselves up in knots worrying about someone seeing them in heels. That isn’t what heeling is all about (at least not for me). You should be going out to show off your heels and enjoying yourself. You’re making a statement that you are not like everyone else on the street.

To the folks that run shoe stores, a sale is a sale, however if they value their customers, they will want to be sure the shoes they sell fit correctly. If they know the shoes are for you, they should encourage you to try them on.

I walk into a shoe store wearing thigh boots with 5” heels because I like the look and I also so I don’t have to worry about any questions of for whom I’m buying shoes. It’s really a matter of trading one stress for another and since I am no longer stress by wearing thigh boots, for me, it’s a win win situation.

Enjoy your heels!

:thumbsup:

I guess you and I have been wearing high heels in public for so long that our philosophies are so similar. It is so hard to explain to men who have never worn high heels in public that it is a state of mind and so much fun and exciting. Your words of wisdom are right on the mark and the bottom line is to just savor the moment, no matter what happens.

An update (for those that may not have seen my post in a different thread) - I placed a ship to store order over the weekend: the two pairs of ankle boots mentioned in an earlier post, and the pumps I bought in the store, but in a 12W. I received confirmation yesterday they shipped from the warehouse, so I'd assume sometime this week they'll show up at my local Payless. I did find one other nearby Payless that had a decent supply of size 13 shoes. They had one of the pair of boots I ordered, but other than that nothing that caught my eye. I'm severely spoiled by the 4" platform sandals I picked up for $6 (starting to become my new favorite shoe!). At least I'll have another store with a quantity of shoes worth browsing thru.

i really love going to payless store in my town cause one has a big selection of 12 and 13 which is just right and the sales clerks all know me and they also tell me if i find shoes on their website to have them shipped to their store . they even like watching me try on heels and help me make sure they fit good.

.. so I'd assume sometime this week they'll show up at my local Payless...

Still waiting. I finally called the store on Saturday, asking when their ship to shore shipments were received. They said, "Mon & Wed". The salesgirl asked when I placed the order, I told her I received a shipment confirmation last Sunday. She said, "We haven't completely unpacked the Wed shipment." Hmm. Does it take 3 days to do that?

Anyway, she suggested I call back Tuesday, if they don't contact me first. So I'm back to being optimistic that this will be the week my shoes come in