addicted to shoes

t-strap lover

I have to admit that I am addicted to highheels. In the past three months I have purchased 50 pairs. I have posted photos of some of them on other threads. the lastest was today at Wal Mart. A nice pair of oxfords made by Goerge. 4" heel, size 11. They fit well but a little tight on the left foot. This is from an old injury that didn't heal right. My total collection is well over 200 pairs. I'm not bragging. I just love womens heels. I think I average over all about 3 pairs a month. The last 15 years have been the best because of the internet and larger sizes that just were not out there before.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Boy, I thought I had an addiction! I only have about 40 pair at the moment and of those I bought about half in the last few months. Over the years, I have sold, donated, or pitched about 100 pair. I decided that I would only buy shoes that I would actually wear to manage my addiction. That has helped, but the inability to find shoes I like in my size recently has not hurt either. So, all I can say is good hunting!

Style is built from the ground up!

Here's to sharing the same desire and keeping the high heel industry prosperous. We may not be able to get into the shoe closet to find that special pair to wear, but we have them somewhere in there. Some women have become well known for their collection of high heeled footwear. However, the list will probably double, if not more, when it starts including the high heels in men's closets.

My wife is the culprit! It only took her 10 years after we were married for her to become "accepting" to my wearing high heels. Before that, I never had more than three pairs at any one time. Now, buying women's shoes for me has become almost like a hobby. And, since she loves shoes herself and has a black belt in shopping, she is constantly browsing through department stores, specialty shops and shoe stores whenever she leave our "estate," looking for "deals" on sale. She usually buys a couple of pair of shoes for herself each month and in the process, comes home with a pair or two that she thinks I might like. Needless to say, our taste in shoes is totally 180º the opposite. I like shoes with high stiletto heels. She prefers "girlie" shoes with 2½" heel and little bows, straps and ornaments ... really feminine shoes that perfectly match the outfit she is wearing. So, I rarely keep any of the pairs that she buys for me. As a result of both of us buying shoes for me, my collection has grown to more than 150 pairs in all styles. I know she would like to "clean my closet" -- and is in the process of doing just that. She started with my boots last week. And, even though she has already donated three pair of my boots to goodwill, I still have five pair in my collection. Oh my, it's going to be a long winter with so few pairs of boots to see me through until spring. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My heel buying has gotten a bit out of hand in the last year as well, seemed to start when I began street heeling. My collection grew from about 4 pair about a year ago, to more than 25 and I am averaging two more each month recently. I can now fully understand why so many women have tons of shoes, the choices are limitless to meet any occasion or mood, and it is really a lot of fun to do.

I wanted to say that I have fallen off the wagon today. I bought three more pair...only a day after saying how good I was doing NOT buying shoes! But the sales were so fantastic I couldn't let them go. And nice brown pumps are so hard to find in an 11...you get the picture...Oh, well....

My heel buying has gotten a bit out of hand in the last year as well, seemed to start when I began street heeling. My collection grew from about 4 pair about a year ago, to more than 25 and I am averaging two more each month recently.

I can now fully understand why so many women have tons of shoes, the choices are limitless to meet any occasion or mood, and it is really a lot of fun to do.

I believe street heeling has inspired me to buy more high heels. Part of it is the fun of going into the store, trying them on, and wearing them out of the store.

I'll second that!!

rx

Actually I agree with both previous post. Only I see it as going beyond he thrill. I figure I buy so many shoes for the same reason many women do. If i am going to be wearing them out I want my shoes to match as many diferent outfits as possible, give me options as to color, come in a variety of heel heights, etc. As for men's shoes I can get by with maybe 8 different pair. A sneaker, a boot, two pair of wing tips (brown and black), to pair of loafers (brown and black), and a couple of pair of sandals. That assortment will work with about anything I have to wear.

Heels on the other hand...

Just think of the simple item...a black pump. I have a pair with a 4 inch stiletto heel, a 3 inch stiletto pointed toe heel, a 3 inch stiletto with a round toe, a three inch with a block heel, a 2 inch pointed toe, and a loafer style pump. That wouldn't even include a peep toe, sling backs, different colors, etc...

Each has a different look, feel and can be appropriate for completely different situations. And all would go with the exact same pair of jeans! I have found that choosing shoes for an outing can be a bit overwhelming.

One thing that heeling has done for me is taught me what women have gone through for ages as far as wardrobe choices. Trust me I have never been the type of boyfriend who has ever questioned my a woman needs 10 black skirts or 6 different white blouses...not to mention 100 pair of shoes...or 5 times as much closet space (though I have been reluctant to compromise on that....)

• 2 years later...