Ballet Boot Journal

daddy's_girl

I'm eighteen and have just been introduced to all of this. :o I recently purchased a pair of ballet boots online, and am really enjoying them. I've decided to keep a log about all of my experiences and what I learn.

You can find my journal here: http://ladywinterman.wordpress.com/

And my first steps in the boots can be easily seen here:

or on my journal.

Enjoy! And let me know what you think. :-?

Welcome ballet boot lover. You will find many people here who love bboots and much advice. Please take the time to investigate all the posts on bboots it will help you in your quest to master this new challenge. Best to you. If you need any help P.M. me and I'll do my best to help. DrWho 3

Well done I think you did very well for saying it was your first steps. You seem to be able to straighten your legs which is a feat in itself.

Thanks! And thanks for all the greetings, on here and in PM's.

Straightening my legs was easier than I expected, really. Even on my first day. I'm very happy with myself about that. :o I also made the laces rather loose around the knees and then tight again around the thighs. That may have helped.

Thank you again for all the support! I'm very happy to have found this site.

Welcome to the forum, you will find pleanty of enlightened people on here who can walk in ballets too. Pata from Light-fetish.de is probably one of the best. Enjoy your new challenge, keep up the practice, and ignore the idiots.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

I've just watched the video, and for a first timer in ballets, I think that she does very well. With a little practice, she'll be as good as all the other ballet wearers here, and a lot of practice, she'll be catching Pata up.

aw. that's okay! *pets* do you have thigh-high ones? if so, try lacing them up tighter... if you already have them tight, just make sure you're holding onto something and try to straighten your legs out and really concentrate on that for a few moments rather than your balance (that's where the holding onto something part comes into play!)... that's the best advice i can give after only a week... i think it really helps that i rollerblade so much, but also the fact that they were laced up tight around my knees and thighs, so it was kindasorta impossible to bend. bonne chance!

aw. that's okay! *pets* do you have thigh-high ones? if so, try lacing them up tighter... if you already have them tight, just make sure you're holding onto something and try to straighten your legs out and really concentrate on that for a few moments rather than your balance (that's where the holding onto something part comes into play!)... that's the best advice i can give after only a week... i think it really helps that i rollerblade so much, but also the fact that they were laced up tight around my knees and thighs, so it was kindasorta impossible to bend.

bonne chance!

Thank you for your kind advice. My boots are only knee high but I like it like that. It makes lounging about in a comfy chair, watching some television, typing this message, a lot easier then when wearing thigh highs. Despite my best efforts I've noticed that I still can't get my feet in one line with my lower legs. They always stick somewhat. I've tried your suggestion but I got a wicked cramp. So I guess I still have some stretching to do.

But that's alright. I knew this when I got them and that Rome wasn't going to be built in a day. I'd still get them and wear them as much as I could even if I knew I could never master truly master them. It's something I've been dreaming of doing for a long while and how can fulfilling a heart felt dream be a bad thing? You're probably a little more flexible in that department then I am. That's life.

I see from your blog that you've run into your own complications as well. Remember that slow and steady will get you there faster then impatience, always be careful and don't let bad reviews grind you down. You know what Dirty Harry said about opinions, right? :o

I posted in another thread but I though I would let you know in your thread... My wife did a couple of photo shoots this weekend for an upcoming catalog. During one of them, she walked around in ballet boots for about 30 minutes and had no problems. We kept an arm close, just out of camera range, in case she needed to steady herself. She did a few times but everyone was amazed how well she could walk around on them. I will post some pics soon once we get them from the photographer.

Thanks again, all of you, for your support! I've posted another video... I hope you all enjoy it! It's on youtube, and my blog. Also, I'm thinking that I may modify them. What do you guys think? Would that be a good idea? I'm not very creative or handy when it comes to projects, but I'm starting to think it may be necessary. ImeldaBootstross has said a few times that it would be a wonderful idea.... I'm just worried about ruining the boots, you know? I haven't even paid them off and I don't want to have to buy another pair so soon. OH! And since the shoe wouldn't be at such a sharp angle, more weight would be allowed to rest on the heel... Would that make it more vulnerable to snapping? :smile:

Daddys_girl: I'd have a cobbler do the work on your heels, they will have new tips to replace the ones if they do not come out cleanly from the existing heels. I fortunatly had a pair of spare heels from a pair of ankle boots I removed the heels on, so was able to get 2 good tips from 4 seperate heels. Still needed to superglue the tips back onto their nails. I would go for it though, especially if you intend to walk on them a bit as evening up the length of the heel to the toe area when walking significantly improved my ability to walk in the boots :smile: *edit* Just saw your new video, you're really doing well very quickly. The angle the heels are at indicate you would -really- benefit from cutting a little length from them. I think they work better when they are vertical when walking VS tipped forward.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have looked @ your latest video and I wonder if the boots are a bit too big @ the toe box for your feet. Also I agree with Jim C about cutting a bit of the heel off. There is a video on youtube showing how to do this. If you think your boots are a bit big or need more info on cutting the heels off PM me and I'll try to help with this. It is too dificult to explane on a post. All in All you look like you are making progress however be carefull not to injure your toes/nails by trying to walk too much @ first. The Best to you. Dr Who 3

Hi DG, I agree with Jim and Dr Who. You are doing really well, but those heels need cutting back a bit. If you know of a good cobbler, get him to do it. I take it that the parentals don't know about them yet, so Dad can't do it. Keep up the good work BB

For all those concerned, I haven't been injured, and nothing terrible has happened. I will be starting college on Monday, so things have been quite busy lately. I'm sorry I'm slacking in my posts on the ladywinterman blog, however I have many many school things to take care of and a routine to settle into before I will be able to return to my project. :thumbsup:

I'm not very skilled when it comes to modifying things, so I will have a look 'round for a cobbler. I think that the height of the heels might be a problem; will take a close-up picture and you experts can tell me whether it is too high or not. I don't think the toebox is too big, though... I'll be trying more padding next time because the tops of my toes are getting banged up pretty nastily. If any of you have specific instructions on how to modify the heels myself... I'm a control freak and need to know -exactly- what to do. I'm terrified of ruining the heels before I'm able to even show them off to friends, let alone before I'm able to pay them off. Anyways, if any of you know how to modify them and can give me plenty of pointers, tips, and explanations, feel free to email me at triskatimetraveller@gmail.com.

Thanks for all of your help, encouragement, and general concern! I don't think I could've gotten this far without every single one of you. :smile:

I'd explain how I cut mine down, but I ended up damaging the material on the sides of the heels with the vice, so if I try again with another pair I will be trying a diferent method. I have a pair of thigh highs like you that I may try. So far you will need either a fine tooth hacksaw, or a composite cutoff wheel to cut through the steel shank inside the heel. You will then need to drill into the steel shank to sink the nail holding the heel tip in place, followed by gluing the heel tip to the nail that held it in originally. I reccomend a cobbler since they will be able to supply new heel tips rather then having to salvage the original ones, and might have a much better method of keeping the heel steady while cutting/drilling that does not damage the heels appearance.

I reccomend a cobbler since they will be able to supply new heel tips rather then having to salvage the original ones, and might have a much better method of keeping the heel steady while cutting/drilling that does not damage the heels appearance.

Won't they look funny at you if you present them with a pair of ballet heels? It's not exactly standard fare. I once presented a cobbler a 5" pump with a bent heel and he told me he couldn't do anything about it as they weren't every day shoes. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing I did either.

You might do well if you stop by the local fetish shop, or other store that sells footwear that strippers might use and ask them if they know of a good cobbler. I did that and have since brought a couple pairs of ballet heels to one shop to have repair or modifications performed. He did give me a slightly odd look, but treated me as any other customer :smile: Nothing like picking up a pair of knee high ballet boots while other customers eyes are bulging out.. hehe

He did give me a slightly odd look, but treated me as any other customer :smile:

I've seen this comment posted before and often wondered why a cobbler would give anyone, man or woman, an odd look when bringing shoes to be repaired. I would think that, if they have been in the business any length of time, they would have "seen it all" before.

I've taken shoes in to be repaired -- both my heels and my wife's -- and never had that experience. Had one guy get huffy with me when I questioned him on a repair he made, but nothing any further thn that.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba: Ok, clarification, more of a quizical look as he seemed curious that I could walk in ballet heels, let alone do so enough to wear out the tip on a pair of LSB knee highs :smile: