Guys - have you ever given this a thought

maninkirt

Last Thursday was one of those busy days. Had a meeting out in the city in the morning. Then I had to go to another meeting with one of my buiness partners and a client to ours. Trying too look good. I was wearing my new light grey skirt suit with a straigh tight skirt, the hem ending about 3 inches above my knees. A pink shirt and black tie. Very light sun tanned coloured pantyhose and my pink 5 inch stilleto heels. Never going out without my handbag. This day I picked a pink one, a small one, matching my heels. Wearing a bit of matching make up and nail varnish to, matching my heels and my handbag. Why should girl have all the fun? Its good we guys can have some fun too! After giving my girlfreind a lift to hers office, she was dressed the same as me, hi hi. Its oh so very cool we two are dressed the same, except my girlfreind wore another coloure to hers outfit. After dropping my girlfreind at hers office me drove straight to my office. Perhaps you want to know what car I have. Its a BMW Z3 (its called this in Sweden). Driving to my office looking down to my new heels. Yes they was matching my skirt suit, my shirt very well. Guess I´m a bit vain, I was hoping my colleagues would see my new heels. Had a quick visit to my office, saying "Good Morning" to all, picking up a few papers I needed for my meeting. I know, yes I should have known. The guys seemed not to notice I was wearing my new skirt suit or my new heels. Its a bit sad isn´t it but that´s how most guys are. My secritary though did noticed my new outfit. We talk a little. She wanted to try my new heels. Ofcourse she could. I guess you now understan why I think girl/women have more fun and its just GREAT feeling I´m one of them having fun. Putting my heel back on again, taking my breifcase, out to my car. The meeting went fine. Then back to my office for the next meeting. Coming back I had just time going in to my office, checking my make up, picking up the things I needed for my next meeting. The meeting went on. We desided having lunch so of we went to a restaurant. Here is were my problem started. The resturant is a few blocks away from our office, say its a 10 minutes walk. Walking in my 5 inch stilleto heels is ok. Problem was being out with two guys they walked fast, a bit to fast for me. I guess I had to take two or three steps while they took one and my short tight skirt didn´t make things easy. Nearly had to do a bit of running to keep up with the guys but oh no way I was going to ask them to slow down because of me. Instead I did the best I could trottering, running beside them. Crossing one off the bigger streets in the city was an even bigger problem. We was in a hurry. The guys didn´t want standing waiting for the green light. They was planning running over the street. Well that´s easy for them but not for me. The first side, the first part of the street went ok for me but I felt a bit lost, a bit vaulnurable standing there in the middle of the street, waiting for to cross it. Standing beside Michael (my buisness prtner), perhaps he saw I could need a bit of a hand because he told me I could hold on to his arm while crossing the street and you know I did. This was the only way for me to cross it in a bit safe way. I was glad he did. Yes I felt very lost out there.

Its me again, forgot one thing. What I was going to say is this. Please guys, think just a little about your girlfreind/wife or if out walking with a lady freind or perhaps with me. Please think about me. In my high heels, in my skirt I can´t walk at your pace. I woulden´t say anything like, "please slow down a little". No way. We high heelers would never do a thing like this. Would we? I guess I am the same as the rest of the women. I would never ask a man to slow down for my sake. The same on our way back to office. I had to half walking, half trottering, half running to keep up with the guys. I was very happy to sit down at the table having the meeting. Having my leg, my feet under the table. Yes its good. Nobody could see I kicked my heels off for a few minutes ort so. Sitting resting in my nylons, then slipping my heels back on again. I hope the guys didn´t see what I was doing. No I am sure they wasn´t.

What an amazing post.

I have not mixed high heels/skirts with work. I have worn block heeled boots under my slacks but that’s as far as I’m comfortable pushing the envelope at work.

In your first post you said you were running a consulting business with two partners. Your style must not be affecting the bottom line or I suspect you would get some push back from your partners. I’m not sure how I would react to a male consultant in a skirt and 5” heels in a business setting, especially in a first meeting. (I’ll have to think about what I just wrote.) You must be good at what you do.

As for keeping pace with folks that take long strides, try getting them to slow down by talking to them while your walking along. Most folks won’t walk away from someone there listening to or get so far away they cant talk back. Is it possible your partners were having a little sport at you expense by seeing how fast you could walk?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very daring and great that you can do this in your job. :-?

Unfortunately, I agree that the gents in your story could have been doing this intentionally, perhaps even unconsiously doing so. Either as sport to test your limits as thighbootguy suggested, or maybe there was at least some discomfort on their part. Trying not to be detracting from the event, but think about it some from an average man's perspective. :o

Chiao Thighbootguy. I hope I am good what I am doing. I am trying not letting my style affecting my job. Heaven forbid. Sometimes yes its a bit hard, a bit difficult meat new people as you said Thighbootbuy, me too I not sure eithe how new clients people I haven´t met or seen before would react meeting me for the first time, as you say, a man, a guy, a consultant dressed in a short skirt and high heels. Its a bit nervouse thing for me too. All I know is I want to be dressed this way, I need too. I feel good about it. I can asure everyone my style, my new fashion style, my new look would not interfear with my proffesional life. If I only got a few minutes wiith them I am sure they would realize I am the same as my partners or our employes here, I am the same as these guys trying doing a good job. Being polite, proffesional, listen to them, help them guideing them. I said I was still the same the guys, my partners, my colleagues. I hope I am. I hope I still being proffesional the same way they are, the same way I has always been. My girlfreind, the ladies at the office ( there´s only two) tells me they have seen me changing. They been telling me I have changed my personality. I am more gentle, I lissten more, seems to care more about other people. My girlfreind has been telling me; "It good love, you´re a better man now." I hope she´s right, I hope they right. I hope I am a better person, a better man. I guess you are right Thighbootboy, me too. come to think of this. Perhaps the guy my partners was testning me. Seeing how fast I could walk in my high heels. If so I hope I didn´t spoil it for them. I think I did rather good in my 5 inch heels, didn´t I? Well even if I had to do a bit of running, Michel giving me a hand crossing the street, I think I did rather good there in my heels. Didn´t I?

Chiao hhboots. See it from a man´s perspective yes some men would perhaps feel a bit discomfort going out with me but I feel this guy´s wasn´t. I know quite well, they know me. Still I don´t know how they feel about having a guy in 5 inch heels trying keeping up with them. They haven´t said not any thing, not given me just a little hint how they feeling about this. I can´t do much about it, can I? I hope its theirs way to accepting me, not saying anything. Just go on as before. Well I hope so. Any way my partners seemes to be satisfied with my work and what I am doing. That´s good for me. I don´t know if they did this intenionally or unconsiously. I only know its impossible for me now walking the way I did before. Me dressed up in a short tight skirt, high heels, I can´t walk as guys do.Can´t walk as fast as the guys. I have to walk like a woman. Its feels better for me and it certainly looks much better too. I´m sure it does. I think I did rather good that day, both at the meeting and on the walk too. I didn´t asked the guys to slow down because of me, didn´t let them see me slipping my heels off under the table for a few minutes. I think I did verey well hhboots, don´t you think so.

You said, “I am trying not letting my style affecting my job. Heaven forbid”, but then go to point out how it has, “They been telling me I have changed my personality. I am more gentle, I listen more, seems to care more about other people.” I don’t see how it could not affect how you work at you job. As a consultant, I assume you are working with people, so paying more attention to them would be a good thing. Sweden may be a very different place than the USA (and I suspect it is), but when I go out in thigh boots with 5” heels, I expect people to initially be put off a little. It takes some effort for them to overcome their first reaction, some do but some don’t. I wouldn’t do this in a work environment where sometimes the first impression you make is the only chance you get. I don’t think a consultant coming into our business would be tolerated if he wore a skirt and heels, no matter how good he was. On a whole different topic, you say you are wearing 5” pumps, have you ever tried boots, either knee high or thigh high? Last note: I’m sure this was a typo but I’m not Thighbootboy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

.........Sweden may be a very different place than the USA (and I suspect it is), but when I go out in thigh boots with 5” heels, I expect people to initially be put off a little. It takes some effort for them to overcome their first reaction, some do but some don’t. I wouldn’t do this in a work environment where sometimes the first impression you make is the only chance you get. I don’t think a consultant coming into our business would be tolerated if he wore a skirt and heels, no matter how good he was........

Being a Swede myself I have to agree with you. We might be rather open-minded compared to catholic countries but places like Berlin, Amsterdam, London, New York etc are more accepting in general.

Have to admit that I am rather doubtful about these stories..... But hopefully someone can prove me wrong because the "concept" is great.

Sorry Thighbootguy, yes this was a typo. I was just too fast. What I mean with this with me now being dressed in skirt, high heels, wearing make up is, that I´m still trying to do a good, a proffesional job. I hope my partners, my colleagues and our clients are happy with me and my work. Ofcourse this changes, me dressing like a woman has also affected me the way I think, the way I see things. Ok I don´t mind saying this, I do look upon things the way women (well it feels this way). I am a man but still I feel I have changed my personality a bit. I don´t know how women feels or think, I don´t know how any other living person thinks but I feel I am more and more thinking, see things the way my girlfreind do, the way the women at my office do. My girlfreind tells me this isn´t a bad thing, I agree with her, why should it. I guess I can do a good job even if I am feeling and thinking a bit more feminine. Living the way I do it didn´t took me long to see yes its the men´s world out there. Especilly in buisness life. My girlfreind, my female freinds tells me its good a guy get som experiance of this. I can´t change the world and I don´t have any intention of doing it. I just try telling you how I feel, how it is for me. Yes Sweden may be more open to people like me, well I hope so. Ofcourse i have met people who had been put off when meeting me, seeing me but all I am hoping for is that they should give me a try. Lissten to me, I no different then anybody. Down deep inside under my make up, my female clothes I am a person. I don´t want to hurt or harm anyone, I just want to live my life. About the boots. You know living in Sweden at winter the weather can be a bit bad. As you already know, I am wearing skirt mostly to the ofice. During the winter time its always knee high stilleto boots for me, ofcourse I wear my knee high boots whenever I feel for this. When I am wearing jeans, dressy slacks or pants its ankle boots for me. I have never worn thigh high boots. They sure look good, very sexy on. We might try this me and my girlfreind. Sorry if I misslead you, hope I put some more light on this.

Maninkirt, Hi! I more than think about this - I do this just as you do! a skirt with high heels is actually quite functional as well, it is quite hard to describe but is apparent once you are used to wearing a skirt out and about. (especially a straight or pencil skirt). I am sure you know what I mean! I wear "female" styled atire on my lower half and "male" styled atire on my top half - but I call it my style. 98% of the time the response is positive or non-existent from bystanders. I wear knee length to mid thigh length straight or pencil skirts, stockings (not all the time) and ankle jewellery. I more often than not carry a hand bag to match my shoes, tie and/or pocket handkerchief. Sometimes a bold coloured pair of heels on their own is fun. I paint my toenails to compliment my accessories. Half the time I wear pale complimentary shades of high gloss lipstick. I wear italian, tanga or thong style briefs with matching suspender belt (if wearing traditional stockings but I mostly prefer hold up stockings). Most of my underwear is part of a full set but I don't wear bras etc...the only exception being some chemises which have suspenders built in. When wearing stockings I only wear the sheerest of deniers, no more than 10denier, and I always go for a matte finish. I am thinking about getting my ears pierced?!??? I exfoliate and moisturise my legs and feet every day, have a weekly pedicure and monthly full leg wax to maintain my legs. I do a lot of running to maintain fitness and flexibility in my calves/ archilles tendons as I am aware of and have noticed decreased flexibility from wearing very high heels regularly. Personally I try to ensure that I am doing a good job of "clashing" the styles. Very dressy female lower half (and high quality personal grooming) just as a classy woman would be along with dressy male attired top half. Everything linked together with some colour coordination. cheers Heel-Lover

Highestheels, Hi, the answer is yes it helps if you are confident and happy with your own look. I like what I do and I like the look I portray. I also enjoy being a bit of an exhibitionist in some ways. My philosophy is to be as equal to a woman on the lower half as I can be in terms of presentation, and if possible run some competition their way. I try to be equal or better than the rest of the women in a room, ie finer hosiery, silkier shinier bare legs with ankle jewellery, prettier heels, higher and finer heels, skirt hem-line to suit the heel height, cooridinated accessories. I really like it whan a woman is better presented than I am because they are a sight to behold! I also place as much importance on my movement as I do on the clothing etc... as this is just as vital. I only wear shoes that I am confident I can do anything in, and can move in really well. I don't won't to portray a clumsy image - and this does not help. If people look at me and think "oh my that is different" - I don't want them to follow it up with "and he can't even walk in those shoes!" High Heels and femininity are all about grace. Heel Lover

Maninkirt –

Sounds like you have come to terms with the female component that is within you. Many guys have a female component of some sort, and it is stronger in some than in others. My female component is the creative side of me, where the male component is the one with the mechanical aptitude. This means I can enjoy drawing and painting as well as fixing the breaks on my car. My profession is being a computer geek where the male side understands how the physical machine actually works and the female side loves to write code (I do consider programming both an exercise in engineering and art).

Your post have peeked my curiosity. If I’m not to bold in asking, what kind of consulting do you do? I would also enjoy seeing a picture of how you present yourself.

As for thigh boots, I recommend either Pleasers or Ellis 8898 leather thigh boots with a 5” stiletto heel and an ankle zipper. I have three pair in black, white and blue and find them to be very comfortable and they are inexpensive. The thought of you and your girlfriend out and about togeather in jeans and thigh boots is intriguing.

There is another member that, along with his wife, wears thigh boots full time. Iloveboots has some very interesting posts you might enjoy reading.

well thighbootguy, you play WONDEFUL guitar (as soundtrack to your boot vids) AND you look FAB in your boots,not mention your artwork (which I'd love to see examples of here if you could) so whatever side is doing whatever, its GREAT!, keep it up!! (more videos & music):o

Hi Heel-Lover I am a bit like you, me too I am trying to be as equal as a woman from my waist down. Yes Heel-Lover me to I try to bbe equal or better then my female colleagues, my female freinds. As you said, "a skirt and high heels is actually quite fuctional as well", yes Heel-Lover I know what you mean. I feel good in my skirt and high heels. I feel good in tanga or tonga panties too, this type of briefs, panties fits much better together with my hose and skirts. I feel a bit powerful too being dressed this way in skirt and high heels. Me too trying mixing the coloure of my clothes, my nolyns ( me wearing pantyhose as my dayly kind of nylons, I have though been out wearing nylons stockings) and my nylons too are the sheerest I can find. Trying mixing my make up, with my heels, with my handbag (me I always caring a handbag) with my outfits. Its fun! I wanted to look good. Me I always painting my nails, always wearing nail varnish too my finger nails. They quite long and I´m a bit proud of them so trying to take care of them, trying to protect them I alway use nail varnish trying matching my nail varnish with the rest of my make up. Using a bit of mascara, eye liner, eye shadow eyeylashes. Fouindation, a bit of rouge, gettin a bit more coloure to my face. In the summer time I use gloss lipstick during the day, then in the evening its a more coloure full lipstink, pink or red. I always trying to do a good profesional job. Don´t trying my new way of fashion style clash. Being in the minority I know I must be twice as good as my partners, my colleagues. Yes its a bit like it for women in buisness life, I must be much better then the guys of what I am doing.

Thighbootguy I am working mostly with financial consulting. Men have as you say "female componet of some sort", I guess this side of my personality is stronger. I always as long as I can remember liked clothes, fashion. I liked drawing, painting too. Don´t know if I was any good at it but I like drawing. I like reading, I like writing too. As a kid I like drawwing, I liked doing a bit of sewing too.I liked doing things. I liked tyrying my mothers clothes. Hers heels, hers nylons. She founds out. We had an argument, a lot of crying too. In my my teen ages year I tried to push those feelings away. Trying doing things that teen age guys do. Like riding a motor cycle, doing a bit of sports too. My father is a great fan of cars, motor cycles and motor racing. He took me too motor racing. To be honest I can´t say I enjoyed it, can´t say I was interested in this but I wanted to give this a try and above all I didn´t let my father down. I wasn´t any good and of course I coulden´t get this feeling out of my system, my head. I wanted to go back the way I used to be. I had to tell my parents. It was the best thing I had done. Being open about it telling my parents, my family, my freinds. It was the best thing I have done staring with my new style, starting with my new way of fashion. Dressing as a woman from my waist down, starting putting on a make up, letting my hair grow. I am man, proof of this is my wonderful girlfreind. I can´t say Tighbootguy the male side of me is understanding how the physical machines works, or how a car is working for that matter. In this case my mind is working the same way as my girlfreind. I am useless on this kind of things and so is she. Oh I realy realy wich I could understand but I no good at all on this things. As a teen age guy I wanted to knew, I wiched I had this gift of understand all this, I wiched I had this thing knowing about cars, motor cycle, knowin how they works, knowing the thing other guys knew about. I could ride a motor cycle ok but I coulden´t talk about it with the other guys, the way guys do. Didn´t know anything about it. Guess I didn´t care about this things, in my mind I didn´t cared at all about things like this. To tell you the truth I didn´t cared at all how stong an engine was or how fast it go. To be honest with you Thighbootguy I am useless on this. To tell the truth if my car broke down I can´t fix it. I can fill it up with petrol but that is all I do except from driving it. Don´t know if I shall laugh or cry but I am the same as my mother, my girlfreind or my female freinds. I had accept this now. I am the same as most other women, have to accept this. I can´t fix my car if it breaks down. I can´t do it and I don´t understand how to do it. When I was younger this was a bit hard to accept, now well I guess the female side of me is showing for everyone to see. Its ok for me asking a guy helping me or my father, helping me with my car or other physical technical things.

Demoniaplatforms -

Thank you so much for the kind words. I’ll try to keep them comming.

Maninkirt -

Some folks have a mechanical aptitude, and some don’t. It’s mot big deal (but having it is handy). For a long time I didn’t know I had any aptitude for drawing. I’m still not sure how much I have because I really have to work at making an acceptable image. I did learn that its not related to the mechanical aptitude (hand eye coordination) rather, its developing the ability to see things. If I can see it I can draw it. This is also why I don’t claim to be an artist, a real artist can draw things s/he doesn’t see. They can draw from their mind.

The segregation of my aptitudes between my male and female sides is how I see it, not necessarily how it is. All I know is that there are really two sides of me and I am working to keep them in harmony.

Thighbootguy There is two sides of me too. Keeping them in harmony well, my female side is showing more and more for everyone to see. Not just the way I look, the way I am dressed but also the way I think and feel, the way I do things. For example, why can´t I park my car the way I used too do. I think I am the same but I am not. Told you I haven´t been good at mechanical or technical things, never have been and now well I am useless. Have to tell you one thing happened to me. One morning coming to the office my secretary asked me for help her lamp on hers table wasn´t working. She asked me if I could help her changing the light bulb. She coulden´t. Ofcourse I would help her. I had a look but to be honest with you, I coulden´t do it. I coulden´t figured out how to get to the lamp bulb to have it changed. Ofcourse I had changed lamp bulbs before, but this. I coulden´t do it and neither could she. We tried, I treid, she treid. We was laughing. We both could see, we both understood, we had to remove a few parts to get to the lamp bulb. We both could see, well we had to have a screwdriver to remove those parts. Looking for one, founding one. Now the next problem. Trying remove the screw well I coulden´t and neither could she. Having long finger nails trying doing this wasn´t the best thing to have. We simply gave up. Looking to each others, laughing. My secretary said to me; "you´re a bit like me, you´re a bit like us girls". What could I said, yes she was right. I was like her, I was feel like her too, I guess. We both laughing me telling her;yes I guess you´re right about that". We gave up. We had to ask the guys helping us. I remember me asking my partner Michael to help us and I remeber I was thinking, clicking my way to his office in my short skirt and my high heel, hope he don´t laughing at me. Feeling a bit stupid, asking for help. Feeling both stupid and a bit helpless, vaulnurable too. Ofcourse he laughed, ofcourse he would help me. It didn´t took him long time to change it; "Once you have the right tools, ladies". Well I have to accept this. I have to have a bit of help with things like this. Its not just that I can´t do it physicly my mind too have changed. I´m not thinking or seeing things the way I need to too fixing things like this. On the other hand, the female side of me well I´m feeling more comfortable with my female side. I can cook, I can bake, I can iron clothes, I can sew. I think its fun doing and reading about home decoration. Its seems I am better doing things like this now. Well thats me.

• 3 weeks later...

Maninkirt, you sound just like Erica from Jenny's discussion forum.

Bubba, are you saying he's just reposting other's stories? With the way he's talking, it wouldn't suprise me. Unless, is Erica a CD or female?

Yes, I noticed the similarity to Erica, too. Perhaps all Swedes writing in English have a similar style, but Erica is a little more fluent. (For those who haven't read her stories, Erica has a gaggle of friends and family who all seem to be changing from male to female and wearing stilettos etc. Funny that - must be something potent in the Carlsberg ...)

Maybe we'll never know.