I Hate Crocs Blog

JeffB

I was reading an article on Newsweek. com where the the writer weighed in on his loathing of the ever infernal Crocs, and during his story, he listed the following link to a blog called, "I Hate Crocs Dot Com". Here's the link:

http://ihatecrocsblog.blogspot.com/

I've read it over and found it humorous, mirroring my own loathing for those damned things. I'm sure folks here who hate Crocs will like this site as well. Enjoy!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks JeffB, but I don't need to go to the blog to let everyone know how I feel about Crocs. They aren't good enough for landfill as far as I am concerned. They are in the same catagory as flip-flops for me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

While watching the Hall of Fame game between the Colts and Redskins last night, I saw a commercial for "Authorized NFL ware." You know, different merchandise that were decorated with "Official" logos of the various NFL team and, low and behold, I saw "Crocks" amongst the stadium blankets, t-shirts, insulated cup holders, et all. And the commentator said whith a chuckle in his voice, as the picture was flashed across the TV screen...."and yes, even official NFL Crocks" (These happened to be decorated in the Pittsburgh Steeler's colors with the team's logo pasted on the sides. (By the way, speaking of "Crocks" I heard a comment by a commentator on Fox News last Friday evening. He was reporting on President Bush's three day holiday at his parents seaside home in Maine and the anchor person at the New York studio asked if he saw the President wearing a pair of Crocks. To which the on-scene reporter replied, "Yes" and that President Bush had commented that he found Crocks to be very comfortable and often wore them around the white house.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...

Thanks JeffB, but I don't need to go to the blog to let everyone know how I feel about Crocs. They aren't good enough for landfill as far as I am concerned. They are in the same catagory as flip-flops for me.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I would agree. They are not my particular style of footwear, and staring at them hurts my eyes. Although it does keep plastics from piling up in landfills, it would appeal to environmentally conscious people.

• 2 weeks later...

well here's my thoughts on them. pro's - Very comfortable - good for your feet (apparently) con's - Look Awful - Soles aren't known for being...erm...grippy I wore my crocs for well over a month non-stop practically and the day i decided to stop wearing them was walking down a wet pavement and sliding all the way down to the bottom. J.:winkiss:

I think Crocs are hideous, but to my shame I now have a pair. :winkiss: In my defence they're a pair my GF bought and then stopped wearing because their ugliness outweighed the comfort. Rather than them go to waste I ran them through the washing machine on a 60 cycle because they'd been worn outside, and keep them at work as my theatre shoes. (Operating, not drama!) Funnily enough they look kind of OK with scrubs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hate flip flops (unless high heeled!)

Love Crocs though. Why the negative attention? You would have thought they were the spawn of the Republican party or something. :lmao:

Sometimes comfort and utility must prevail over aesthetics. Did I just say that? :w00t2:

Seems hating Crocs has become fashionable. Oh well.

HT

You're not alone.

I actually like some of the styles, especially the Dangerous Diva and the Lena.