2008 - The Summer of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

I am just now catching up on this thread. You have had some very nice stories and inspiring words throughout this thread HF. I am very glad you have been enjoying your summer outing experiences and shared them so well. :smile: Also, I redid my avatar a few days ago, and I didn't realize I seem to have inadvertantly taken inspiration from HF's avatar, as it has a similar theme it looks like. I plan to redo mine next week with a better camera, that was a blurry cell phone shot, poor lighting conditions, then touched up (basically removed color) to try to help the picture not look so crappy. :thumbsup: Anyway, I'll try to not make the new avatar I make next week not look like a HF ripoff if at all possible. :thumbsup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have just read the whole thread, fantastic!! I agreed that stockings are a must, and when you started wearing them your look improved alot. I enjoy going out wearing my MJ's or knee high boots both with 5" spike heels and I don't notice to much being noticed but, that's not why I heel, I heel for my own enjoyment. BTW just because it is not summer doesn't mean you can't still heel. Take care. 5.5 T

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

It's really easier to wear heels in the cooler months of the year because you would really grab peoples attention if you were wearing shorts, a T-shirt and strappy stiletto heels sandals with 5" of snow on the ground. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

....snip....

Probobly the most important lesson that I learned is that you can do about anything if you do it with gusto and confidence. I plan on spending a lot more time in heels. Maybe I will start an adventures thread...

I'm actually between shows right now in Paris and just wanted to say that I hope you do start and adventures thread, or even keep this one going. It would be great to up to date on all your outings.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

It's really easier to wear heels in the cooler months of the year because you would really grab peoples attention if you were wearing shorts, a T-shirt and strappy stiletto heels sandals with 5" of snow on the ground. :smile:

Bubba...

You do have a good point. I've only worn high heels and shorts once publicly. I was definitely the visual point of interest. My goal is to wear high heels more often in public while wearing shorts. I promise I will begin that quest next summer.

I'm actually between shows right now in Paris

Hi kh, wow, an American in Paris. What a unusual occurrence. Now, if you really felt like posting pictures and writing of your adventures while out and about shooting "fashion week in Paris, I'd be more than willing to look at them and read your comments. :smile:

Have a great time.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm actually between shows right now in Paris and just wanted to say that I hope you do start and adventures thread, or even keep this one going. It would be great to up to date on all your outings.

Are you viewing many high heels being worn in Paris? (I know the answer, I just wanted to hear your comments).

Happyfeat:-) I have gotten behind reading your heeling adventures, but have just now caught up on them. Extremely interesting and informative postings and I enjoyed them very much. How can anyone say that the HH Place Forum is boring. Quite the contrary for me. I have just gotten back to work since my back surgery so I can't push the heeling events quite yet but hope to get back into heels once again even though it may take many months before I can. So, in the meantime, I will live vicariously through people such as yourself. Keep up the good work and keep us all posted on your progress. Posting your pics has also helped to enhance your postings. Great work there. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH P.S. I too was a teacher but am now retired since 1990.

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Love the stories. I am out in heels most evenings if I am out of the house and on weekends. I wish I could remember everything that happens to post here but it is just another day to me now. A few people notice. I get occasional comments but never negative. Headed into boot season!

BTW just because it is not summer doesn't mean you can't still heel.

You are right on the mark here! I have been going out in heels for a long time now and plan to continue for the rest of my life. What I did this summer was transcend from simply going out in heels to actually "heeling." Before I would get anxious, etc. but now I just go with it and let it be as natural as it always felt, except for my own apprehension.

Love the stories. I am out in heels most evenings if I am out of the house and on weekends. I wish I could remember everything that happens to post here but it is just another day to me now. A few people notice. I get occasional comments but never negative.

Headed into boot season!

I am pretty much getting to this point. I am out nearly every day in heels, even if it is just a short time. I really don't notice people much, unless I consciencely do so. For me here is where the balance lies. What I was hoping to do this past summer was to make going out in heels a special day for me. Days where I can just relax and treat myself to a nice day out. Some guys play golf, some like to go fishing, I like to go shopping, etc. while wearing heels (of course, I like many others like to do all three). On these days, I tend to be hyper aware of my surroundings and try to notice the reactions of others. I like to challenge the assumptions of people and show them something different. Do I care what they think...mostly no. Mostly only because I like it when people react positively.

A day heeling is kind of like hiking or sight seeing. I enjoy the view, the interaction with the wild life, and just relax and take it all in. The only difference is that it is really difficult to hike a trail in 4 inch stilettos...

...I hope you do start and adventures thread, or even keep this one going. It would be great to up to date on all your outings.

Since sharing the details of my days out has been such an overwhelmingly positive experience for me, I will be starting a permanent thread. In fact I have been out twice this week on couple of really interesting outings.

Thanks for all of the positive comments, the critiques, suggestions, and support. The people at HHPlace are the best!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thank you for starting this thread and sharing your experiences with us. All public heeling experiences are inspirations to all of us. And it gives those of us who do enjoy wearing high heels in public to continue to do so and think of other places they can wear high heels in public. Thank you agin for your stories and insights.