Trying something new

euchrid

I've just acquired my first pair of wedges. I've never been that keen on them but - encouraged by the posts of fellow heelers - i've decided to give them a go to see if I can do some "flying under the radar" streetheeling in them. Will probably give it a go this Saturday evening. Got them cheap off eBay. They were advertised as leather but are actually 100% synthetic materials - not bad for £2.20 though! I don't think much of the strap & button detailing so may remove it to improve the aesthetics and lower the wind resistance :o . I'll be reporting back after the streetheel experience. :roll:

post-1173-133522858285_thumb.jpg

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Look good Euchrid, looking forward to how you get on, where did you find them (I know you said Ebay but was it a seller with more to offer like those?)

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

where did you find them (I know you said Ebay but was it a seller with more to offer like those?)

I bought them from this guy:-

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/liverpool-liverpool-liverpool/

As I recall, he did have other similar items for sale but he appears to have now deactivated his account - he's set his feedback setting to 'private' anyway which does the same thing.

Bit strange really. Perhaps he was annoyed when I pointed out the slight inaccuracy in his listing (i.e. they were not actually leather!)

I've just acquired my first pair of wedges.

I've never been that keen on them but - encouraged by the posts of fellow heelers - i've decided to give them a go to see if I can do some "flying under the radar" streetheeling in them. Will probably give it a go this Saturday evening.

Got them cheap off eBay. They were advertised as leather but are actually 100% synthetic materials - not bad for £2.20 though!

I don't think much of the strap & button detailing so may remove it to improve the aesthetics and lower the wind resistance :o .

I'll be reporting back after the streetheel experience. :roll:

I hope you enjoy your new wdges and please let us know how the street heeling goes. Many have shared successful street heeling experiences in wedges for reasons such as designer mentioned.

I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of wedges. I'm an old fashioned high heeled shoe guy myself, even for street heeling. But I wish you the best of luck on your experience.

I didn't do the wedge streetheeling in the end! and I feel like I have let you all down! :o I tried the wedge boots on a couple of days ago. They fitted well and seemed to be quite easy to walk in. They just felt "clompy" for want of a better word. I usually enjoy the feeling that I get wearing high heels, but with these wedges, I just felt lead-footed and about as poised & elegant as Herman Munster. I was in half a mind to wear them anyway to see if the streetheeling changed my mind about them. Then the postman dropped off these beauties (see pic below) That was it. Goodbye to the idea of streetheeling in cheap wedges, hello to the same in a pair of high quality leather ankle boots. Only trouble was, I downed a few too many flagons of ale during the evening so my plan - to wear them on the train home, through the station & 1/2 a mile or so across town was scuppered slightly. I did wear them a bit but as we all know, stilettos and insobriety are not good bedfellows. For some reason there was also tons of traffic on the roads where usually the streets are near-deserted. I managed a drunken teeter for a few hundred yards but it was actually quite hard going so it was soon off with the heels & back on with the trainers. :-? My lovely ankle boots are now at the back of the wardrobe. Next outing date unknown :roll: As for the wedge boots - they will be appearing on an eBay page near you sometime soon! :D

post-1173-133522858333_thumb.jpg

Only trouble was, I downed a few too many flagons of ale during the evening so my plan - to wear them on the train home, through the station & 1/2 a mile or so across town was scuppered slightly. I did wear them a bit but as we all know, stilettos and insobriety are not good bedfellows.

Hmmm....

Let me think ..... Drink .... Heels, .... Heels .... Drink ... Drink .... Heels ... Heels .... Drink?

Nope. Doesn't matter how many times I asked myself, heels are still my preference. :o:roll:

Even managed both, one special night. The missus and myself walked out to a restaurant with me in heels, me changing shoes only while we were in the restaurant. [We had met people we know in there before.] Then, fed and VERY watered, we both walked home in heels. And the memorable evening didn't stop there ...... :-?

euchrid... Sorry things didn't work out with the wedge boots, but I love your ankle boots. I've never walked great distances at one time in stiletto heels, but I have danced all night in them. I have street heeled all day in stilettos, but then again I was relatively sober. When I muster the courage, I will walk across Old Town to the dance club in stilettos and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your story.