Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi 'gang' :smile: Jane, lovely to see you back. I think we were all beginning to wonder where you'd got to, and yes, Sangue is definitely part of our little group now :smile: Heidi, with regards to your question and observation, yes, I am in tights almost 24 hours a day. As for my knee boots, on a work day I would have them on from around 7.30am until I get home. Then I'd get changed and put them back on again, and keep them on through the evening until I get ready for bed around midnight, so I would have my boots on for between 16-17 hours per day. Anyway, I would like to welcome Wyndi to our little group. Sorry this message was a bit short and sweet, will catch up with you all again very soon. Look forward to hearing from you all soon, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone! Great to have our first two Americans, Sangue & Windi with us. It will be very interesting to see the American perspective on the world of fashion, high heels and wetlook. As you can see on your profiles, Sharon, Jane, Alexa and myself are all European. Sharon, that is very impressive that you have your pantyhose almost 24 hours a day and your knee high boots on for 16 hours a day. Do you wear the same pair of boots at work as at home or do you wear high heel boots at work and flat boots, like Uggs at home? Sangue, Windi, I hear you about really really really not wanting to get scuff marks on your heels. Perhaps if you get into the wetlook like Sharon, Jane & Alexa, you might want to purchase a pair of super inexpensive heels or flip flops for that activity. Something under 10€ perhaps. Jane, you mentioned a jaunt on wet grass wearing flip flops and pantyhose. Did that get super slippery? Wet grass is slippery, pantyhose can be slippery and flip flops have zero support ..... Heidi

Hiya gang, Heidi, in response to your question, it depends. If I've worn knee-length boots to work, then very often I'll keep them on when I get home as well, as I find them very comfortable. However, if it's been a very hot day and I've worn courts and tights to work, then I'll usually change my courts for knee boots when I get home. I do sometimes wear my flat, fur-lined Ugg boots, especially if I'm wearing black leggings over my tights, as I find that it's a look that suits me. Another nice look which I sometimes wear is my tan Ugg boots with brown diamond-patterned thick opaque tights, teamed with a pale denim mini skirt. I'm quite tall, and the diamond patterning looks great on my long legs. Anyway, hope everyone's doing great and look forward to hearing from you all soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Sharon, it is good to see another person out there for whom tights and tall boots are a part of our everyday wardrobe, almost year round! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only two people out there like this as I know most of my girlfriends go by the rule of "the more skin you show, the sexier the look is". How many days, out of a 365 day year do you think you wear your high heel boots? ...... Do your girlfriends try to get you out of your boots and tights at the end of dates? Question for everyone, what was the strangest activity you ever did while wearing high heels? Yesterday, after a long day at work due to the office being temporarily understaffed, a co-worker/friend and I went back to her place for drinks. After drinks, we wanted to unwind a bit more so we went into her rec room and played table tennis. We played for over an hour and for those who have never played this activity before, it it an excellent aerobic exercise. While I started off in my office blouse, pencil skirt, two layers of pantyhose and a pair of knee high leather boots with 3" block heel. It got very hot so I went to my car and changed into my aerobic clothes about 10 minutes into the table tennis game. I ended up wearing a spaghetti strap graphic tank top, short shorts while keeping on my two layers of glossy suntan pantyhose and my knee high boots. There was no one else at the house so it was okay. I continued to play like that for a while although the heels were tiring me out. It was also starting to get damp inside my fur lined boots but I managed to finish table tennis with my high heel boots on! That was a proud moment for me. Silly I know :smile: Heidi

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang), Heidi, in regards to your question, as far as the amount of days in the year that I wear my heeled boots, it's probably easier to count the number of days that I don't wear them. I would say it's only around 20 days in the year that I don't wear heeled boots for at least half of the day, and no days of the year that I don't wear opaque tights. As for my girlfriends, I only have one. We've been together since 1993, and have been living together since early 1996. She likes me in heeled boots and opaque tights, as I'm definitely the more girlie of the two of us. As for the strangest thing I've done whilst wearing my heeled boots, I will have to get back to you on this one when I can think what the absolute strangest thing was, and when. Anyway, as always, look forward to hearing from you all again soon. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Sharon. xx

Heidi, I definitely did not grow up wearing hosiery like you European ladies. Is this a trend or something required as a part of a school uniform? I would have loved to go about in dresses and tights as a child but grew up with a mother who cared more about buying her many lovers jewelry before proper food, let alone coveted outfits. (For the record, I only mention that in an effort to be transparent for the sake of awareness as I believe it only helps perpetuate the myth that mothers are rarely abusive when these facts are omitted.) Sharon, I am still about 5 pages short of catching up with all the marvelous stories of yours and Alexa's water play, Jane's increasing levels of experimentation, and Heidi's glamorous evenings out. As was reading, it was very surprising to me that you view stockings as being useful solely as an item of men's fancy--the girls I flirt with at the club do love my gartered stockings! Even in a more proper setting, such as work or school, I often balance having sheer stockings/bare legs with long sleeves and "thick" tights with cleavage-bearing shirts and no sleeves. I also tend to pair bare sandals with 4 inch heels with small fishnet tights and long skirts and long sleeves. Quite a few more women make passes at me when I have bare legs/sheer stockings. Maybe this is an American thing? I also notice that women tend to take more notice when I wear form-fitting drape-y dress pants with heels. Do you any of you ladies also notice differences on what women take notice of versus men, whether in passes they make on you or general compliments? Heidi, my husband actually loves when I wear clothing that suggests rather than reveals. For example, he prefers my longer skirts with a slit at the back over my ultra-short mini skirts. He would probably appreciate your style as he is very surprisingly adept with women's fashion and even picks my best clothes and heels better than I do. Jane, do you wear toe rings? The first day I wore my Victoria's Secret thigh high, lace-top stockings in black with a back seam I loved them so much I kept the on the whole day. After work, I freshened my feet, washing them with the stockings on. It was an odd sensation because I liked the feel of the the water on the stockings, especially such a sexy pair, but I found the sensation of wet stockings outside of the water uncomfortable until they dried mostly. I did like to look at my toe ring and painted nails through the nylon and I thought of that as I read about your 40 denier tights that you look at your nails through. It was interesting that you enjoyed peeling your clothing off. When I was young I liked to play in the rain until I was drenched with my sister. I showered with hot water fully dressed and took my clothing off under the spray rather than peel it off later. Alexa, do you also like to peel your clothing off?

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Hi Sangue (and the rest of the gang), Sangue, I read what you asked Heidi, hope you don't mind me answering this question too. When I was in both junior and senior schools, opaque tights were a girls' winter uniform requirement. They had to be opaque (40 denier min) and could be either black, navy blue, dark brown or dark grey. These days, especially in the last couple of years, opaque tights have become very much the "in" thing, which is fantastic for me as I absolutely love them. Regarding the issue with stockings, I can't say whether or not other women would pass comment on me wearing them, simply because I don't wear them. I do however get several positive comments from other women about my tights, especially when I wear ones with an unusual pattern, or of a non-conventional colour. I've even had strangers stop me in a supermarket aisle, asking me where I bought my tights. When I say people, I mean other women. I don't think men tend to notice this kind of thing, but then again I don't pay much attention to men. I've nothing against men, but I don't have anything in common with them either, and as such I have very few male friends outside of work. In regards to your other remark to Heidi about your husband preferring you in more suggesting rather than revealing clothing, it's funny you should say that, as my partner has a similar attitude towards this. She likes it when I wear knee boots, thick tights and a short, fairly tight just-above-the-knee-length skirt along with form-fitted tops that show a clear outline of the bra I am wearing underneath. Anyway, hope you're all having a great weekend. I'm off out into town with friends in around an hour's time. Sharon. xx

It is 28 F (so -2 C) here and it looks like I will be splashing in snow slush if at all! I do enjoy a little snow on my toes, as long as I am not out in the cold with wet feet, though.

I am impatiently waiting for my opaque lace-up back stockings so I can give them a go in the bath and try out the "squelch factor." Those were among a few I purchased rather compulsively on ebay. You ladies have me wanting thicker stockings, although I am still leery of hose! I wish I would have grown up in it like you all. Another pair just arrived today and I had to shovel about ten feet of drive way covered in 2 inches or more (that's 5 cm :smile: of snow to get to my mailbox, but it was worth it. These are small fishnetted stockings that are more like an extremely loose knit weave in texture than netting. They have a line of holes about 2 cm in diameter going up both sides. If it doesn't get too slushy, I suspect they will dry well so I will be wearing these out on Monday with my PU black slingbacks with cut-outs edged thinly in gold... peeptoes! These seem sturdy enough to endure some water, or at least I hope they are! Right now I am wearing them with the heels in my profile, a black flowered skirt, and a black sweater with small buckle accents below the waist. Warm and dry, Heidi-esque :smile:

Sharon, it sounds like your wardrobe is very well put together. I like the sounds of your shirts and I bet if we were the same size I would raid your closet for them, haha. I am sadly only 1.5 meters tall (if that is the right way to express it in metric? 5'3") but I make up for it in heels! I hope to find a pair of 5" heels that pass the test and I can afford, to that end.

Well I hope everyone else has splashier weather.

X

Hi Sangue (and the rest of the gang), Thanks for what you said about my wardrobe sounding nice. I think you would like most of my outfits, and probably Heidi's as well, as Heidi and I do tend to like the same kind of things. Thanks for putting your height as 5'3", as I'm useless at working out metres and centimetres for people's height. I'm 5'9" barefoot, but I love wearing heels to make me taller still :smile: I tend to usually wear 2.5-3.5" block heels, as I find those are the most practical, especially for at the office. 3" heels are great, as they make me 6' tall, and taller than most of the men at work :smile: It gives me a feeling of power. Regarding the outfit you described, I must say it does sound nice, although personally I would swap the stockings for opaque tights instead. You also mention it being -2C in Minnesota. Wow, that is chilly, especially for just mid-November. Over here in Germany, we are having an unusually mild early winter. I think most of Europe is also milder than it should be for the time of year at the moment. Well, must get on, things to do as always. Hope to hear from you all again soon. Sharon. xx

I'll say, Hey Gang :smile: In the US, as far as the area I live, almost no one wears pantyhose anymore. I never knew what Denier was until I met my boyfriend. Most women that do wear pantyhose here, usually wear Leggs or Hanes. I have no idea what Denier they are. You can purchase fine hosiery in a department store, but if you live in a small town your choices are limited. My boyfriend could only get Wolford's online. He actually knows more about hosiery than I do. I have 3 drawers packed full of pantyhose...2 drawers of packages that I have not even opened. I have some tights also. I always wore them, though I rarely see anyone with them on. I think it's so darn hot in Texas that they are not popular anymore. Very sad :smile: My boyfriend is so into all this, which I love. He's encouraging me to get my pantyhose wet and play in the shower. Which is more fun.... thicker tights, or two pair layered together? Soap, or no soap?

Sharon, for some reason I thought Europeans measured everything in metric! Luckily I am picking up that it is common to use feet and inches for height measurements and inches for heel height. Is this the case? You and Heidi are inspiring me to try out heeled boots as well as the opaque tights. (Too bad there is no post on Sundays, I am so impatient for my opaque thigh highs!!) I have been browsing around and my favorite so far are some Jimmy Choo Chile boots that are definitely out of my price range for now! They remind me of my avatar heels. Actually, I'm thinking I can fake books in my heels with over-the-knee black opaque stockings. With our freezing winters here (this is actually really warm weather for this time of year!) we use a lot of salt on the pavement and I am afraid of it ruining my nice leather-soled heels so I will have to be careful to wear flats in transit. :smile:

Wyndi, try using Softsoap pomegranate body wash--it smells so nice! Today I tried out the shower with my new fishnets with embroidered holes down the sides with that and they are drying now (still on) but still smell pleasant. This is my training for adding heels, which will probably be my zebra sandal heels with rhinestones along a strap across the toes and along the front ankle part of a black ribbon that continues on and I wrap around and tie to the side (although it can be laced up like ballet slippers). I hope they are not too slippery! Anyways, I like the texture of the nets and they surprisingly did not take too much rinsing. I have a feeling I am missing out on the "squelch factor" but I will find out when my new stockings arrive (hurry up!! lol).

Hi everyone, Sharon, that is incredible that you have been with your partner for 18 years! That shows the kind of character person you are. Your partner is a lucky girl :smile: Sharon, since you mentioned that you are wearing boots for about 345 days a year, is the house you share with your partner carpeted or do you have wood or floor tile? Do your boot heels make any noise on the floor? Does she wear boots or heels at home too? ...... At home, if my high heel boots are on, as opposed to my Uggs, I usually wear the ones with the thick heel with rubber sole so they are less noisy when I walk around the house. Sangue, that is awesome that your husband knows fashion so well. Does he pick out which pair of heels you wear every morning when you get dressed? Regarding all the talk about pantyhose versus stockings, I can see how guys find stockings more attractive as they reveal more. However, I am a party girl and when I am at a club, if I want to do some risque dance moves in my mini skirt, I know that if I have dual layer, black pantyhose on, the guys won't be able to see more than they should whereas if I am in stockings, I feel so vulnerable and exposed. LOL Heidi

Hi gang, Wyndi, with regards to your question about what feels nicest wet when it comes to tights, I would say it's down to personal preference. I like getting wet in various different types, from 40 denier satin-feel opaques to my 140 denier ultra-matt opaques. I recently went for a clothed swim and was wearing two pairs of purple 140 deniers with black 3" block heel leather knee boots with a two-piece skirt suit and satin blouse. I must say, the whole outfit felt lovely to swim in, but the nicest sensation was definitely the double-layered opaques and knee-length boots. As for showering or bathing in tights, using soap or shampoo is certainly an option. Sometimes, if I'm in a mischievous and playful mood, I soak my tights in the shower (whilst wearing them), and then pour shampoo over my legs and rub it all in to a rich lather, making a pair of black tights look almost like they're white :smile: Other substances can also be poured inside tights, and each one has a different feel to it. Sangue, in answer to your question, yes, us Europeans have kind of been forced to work using the modern Metric measurement system, and whilst I can do most conversions, Metric to Imperial and vice versa, I tend to work in a bit of both systems. For example, when I am talking about people's height and shoe/boot heel heights, I use the Imperial 'feet and inches' scale. The same with weight; I use the Imperial 'pounds and stones' (lb and st). I also tend to lean more towards Imperial when it comes to measuring volume. For example, when I fill my car up, I go by Gallons instead of Litres. Maybe I'm just showing my age a bit LOL. Well, that's me for now. Look forward to some more interesting chat with you all. Sharon. xx

Sangue16 and SharonC....sounds wonderful! I've not had the opportunity to try yet, but awesome suggestions, which I will do. So....do you guys drip dry, or use a towel for blotting? Sharon, you do whole outfits. I always loved swimming in the summer and how my suit felt wet, then when I took it off my skin felt so cold. I'm not totally certain I could tolerate being fully dressed and wet as it is so cold here now. Perhaps this summer. I'm having problems with hot flashes, so maybe I could head it off by jumping in the shower. Exactly what should I do after I've soap up rinsed and am all wet? Heidi, I always felt a bit exposed if my skirt was very short and I wore hose, so what I would do was wear pretty panties that matched my outfit over my hose. I've seen dancers do that...so it made me feel better covered. Wearing two pair like you do works great too. Wynd Wyndi

Hi Wyndi (and the rest of the gang), Regarding your question about whether I drip-dry or towel-dry wet tights after showering, I usually just take them off when I've finished getting wet, and then put them in the washing machine with the rest of the outfit that I got wet in (apart from my shoes or boots, which are drained out in the sink and then put to dry on a radiator). In the summer, I tend to nearly always go in my pool for a swim wearing a full outfit. I always like to vary the types of clothes that I wear, as different outfits feel different to swim in. For example, a sporty outfit consisting of trainers, slouch socks, classic black cotton/lycra leggings, a fitted tee top and a baggy hoodie feels completely different to swim in than a formal work outfit such as the one I described in my previous post yesterday. I've also found that, when I've been for a clothed swim in the sea or a lake, the layers of soaking wet clothes keep me warm as the wind can't penetrate through the fibres, even though they're completely soaked through. I tend to find my natural body warmth warms up the air between the layers and prevents me from getting cold, kind of like the way a wetsuit works. Well, look forward to hearing from you all as always. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone Welcome Wyndi! :smile: So glad to hear everyone is experimenting. :smile: Sangue, in answer to your question about whether I wear any toe rings, no I don't. But I can understand that they might also look great through wet tights. You also mentioned that you couldn't imagine completely soaking your peeptoes but that wearing them and getting maybe just your toes wet would be acceptable... I love that. I often wear my peeptoes out at lunchtime when it is or has been raining and head back to work with very wet toes. I love the look of my wet toes through my wet tights. Walking through grass with dew is great for that! :penitent: Though if it is long it is more than your toes that get soaked! Sometime I walk through the grass with closed toe heels too for that squelchy feeling which I also love. Interesting debate on thick or thin tights or stockings too. Have to say I occasionally wear stockings but not really out and about. I have bought some thicker tights as Sharon recommended but haven't worn them yet... other than for a shower a couple of weeks ago! ;o) I still prefer to be able to see my toes fully wet. :penitent: Sangue, did you try those zebra sandal heels in the shower with tights? How did it feel? Regards getting them dry. If it is at lunch then I just sit with wet feet all afternoon at work, or at least until they dry. If it is at home I am like Sharon and tend to take them off and put them on the radiator to dry. All this talk is getting me rather in the mood again... Hope everyone is well. Jane X

Hi everyone, Wyndi, I perform as well, although only recreationally, not professional. When I wear a skirt on stage, if the skirt is too short, I would wear black bicycle shorts underneath to prevent people from seeing too much. You are very daring, if I understand you correctly. You wear your panties on the outside of your pantyhose? Sharon, yesterday we both posted at almost the same time to the message board so you *might* have missed my messages to you ...... I also read your new post though, swimming in two layers of pantyhose and your knee high boots. When you do that, do your boots get super heavy as they fill up with water? Also, do the heels effect the way you swim clothed versus swimming in a bikini? Heidi

Hi, Heidi...yes, if I want matching bra and panties, I do. Also, if I am wearing a rather short skirt, I will be sure to wear panties on the outside of my pantyhose so that no one gets a parade of my privates..lol. I love the wolford no seam...just smooth all the way up with panties on the outside. You don't get those lines in the bottom area that interrupts the beauty of the panties. Thanks for answering my questions girls. I have a few more.... If I get my shoes wet...very wet, does the insole start separating from the shoe? I would think it would wear down the glue that holds them in. I wear a lot of classic pumps and I think water might make the insole roll. Also, some shoes have padding...how do you get them dry without them molding? Is that even a problem? I know you girls wear a lot of boots....how in the world do you get them dry? Do creatures grow in them? I guess with Texas heat and humidity, we have mold problems. Mold makes me ill, and I am not sure I want to absorb any through my feet. I must have misread about getting totally soaked and walking around in previous post? Is this done for a long period of time walking about squishing in your shoes and pantyhose. I understand if you get caught in a rain storm, but I'm talking about doing it on purpose....is it mostly getting them wet in the show and then removing, or is it wearing them for a lengthy period of time. My man loves the way I wiggle in flats while shopping. I was thinking, I'll get my flats all wet and squish and drive him crazy. I wore a platinum blonde short wig yesterday so he would feel like he was with a different girl. I am in bed with my heels on getting my feet toasty warm for him. They get moist when I get them really hot. Wyndi

I wonder if the US has more drastic differences across the board when seasons change? In Minnesota, we can get up to 100 F (37 C) and in the winter down to -20 F (-7) and sometimes even higher or lower. We tend do really funny things like wear winter jackets when the temperature drops to 70 F (21 C) if its summer or go out in shorts when its only 50 F (20 C) in the spring! All because of how sudden and varied are temperature changes are. I think that's why we do not wear a lot of pantyhose--our bodies are constantly adapting to temperature change and so its either down to bare legs or up to wearing pants. Heidi, you asked ages ago about wearing heels bare foot. I love to do this since I will say with full hubris that I have great legs :smile: and nice toes so tend to show them off. My feet easily become sweaty, though, so I have turned to stockings. It helps with my marriage that they are easy access, but I do tend to change clothes and even panties on a whim so I like being able to layer panties over stockings with garters (or are these called suspenders in Europe?) and having the option to unhook my stockings and change them out if I tear them or am transitioning day to night. Now that I am wearing more hosiery, I also love fishnet stockings because they are more durable and small nets are still absorbent and appropriate for day (with the right outfit). Jane, I have not yet showered in my zebra heels, but I think tomorrow morning will be a great time. Plus, the white on the zebra is a bit sooty so they will be all the better for it!

Hello everyone :smile: Wyndi, sometimes the insoles of my shoes have started to come away a bit from the shoe but oddly I have found that if I keep them on that tends to happen less. If I take them off and let them dry straight away then it tends to happen more. Also, if I get wet intentionally at home then I tend to change pretty much straight away and not squelch around for ages... more for the carpet's sake! ;o) If I get caught at lunch in the rain or something then I will always try to do so on the way out so that I can stroll around with my shoes full of water (if I am wearing closed toe heels) and if I can find a big enough puddle as I love the squelching sensation. If I am wearing peeptoes then it happens more naturally as water just flicks up (plus my "accidental" walking in puddles helps!) but water obviously doesn't stay in the shoe and my feet, shoes and tights tend to dry out fairly quickly. Not sure if you have read but Sharon and I also enjoy filling our shoes/boots at work... it feels really naughty and I have almost been caught out numerous times. Love wiggling my wet toes after doing that though hate it when I get called into my bosses office trying not to squelch! ;o) Sangue, can't believe the temperature variations you have - wow! I thought it was bad in England but that is amazing. I agree with you about showing toes off... I also think I have nice toes (not that I'm biased) and am happy to get them out and show them off. I am tending to notice more men looking at them... at least I think they are. I am gradually getting more confident with getting my feet wet in public (as you may have noticed I hadn't been until I found you guys!) and am sure men stare at my wet feet too. Though again, probably just imagining it. They are probably just wondering who this mad woman is wearing silly footwear not fit for the weather! I have also bought some fishnets and plan on wearing them for a wetting session. Also got some other black tights with stars up the leg which must also be candidates. It was really cold here this morning and when I left I thought of Sharon and how I should be taking her advice and wearing some thicker tights. Now I have them I have no excuse. If it as cold tomorrow I will do so. :smile: Hope everyone has had a great day. Jane x

Hi gang, Jane, nice to see you back. I'm sure I can speak for the rest of our little gang when I say that you have been missed. Heidi, in answer to your first question about whether, when swimming in knee boots and double-layered tights, do they get heavy, I have to say there is a two-part answer to this question. If you walk slowly into the pool, you do feel them filling up as the water goes through the zips. If you just jump/fall into othe pool, when you come up from under the water, the boots are obviously 100% full in a mere few seconds. However, they don't feel heavy to swim in, as you're basically weightless in water no matter what you're wearing. However, when you climb out of the pool, knee boots do feel pretty heavy to walk in for the first minute or so, until most of the water has drained from them. This can take longer if I'm wearing a lot of clothes, as all the water tends to run downwards, straight down my legs and into my boots again. As for your second question, regarding whether swimming in heels affects the way I swim, I'm not entirely sure. I don't think it does, as I can swim perfectly well both above and underwater in them, however it's been nearly 30 years since I swam without clothes and boots/shoes on and just a swimsuit. I can't remember how that feels. Wyndi, regarding your question, I would have to say that providing the boots or shoes are of at least a fairly good quality, the insole/lining should not roll or curl up at all. I've gone swimming in one of my favourite pairs of black leather knee boots at least 30 times in the nearly two years I've had them, and as long as I just dry them overnight on a radiator you'd never know anything had happened to them the next day. There is an additional plus side to this, in that the mild chlorine in the pool water kills any bacteria in the boots or shoes from where my feet have been sweating in them, and therefore my boots and shoes have no smell. And, for your second question, in order to stop wet padded shoes or boots developing any mould, the easiest way is to just dry them on a radiator for at least 24 hours, maybe turning them upside-down or on their sides every eight hours or so. And, lastly but by no means least, Sangue. In answer to your question about the more drastic differences in weather, yes, the USA probably does have more drastic weather changes when changing seasons due to the number of different kinds of climates. For example, more northern states, nearer to the border with Canada, see more climatic extremes than other states much further south. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you all again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, With all the talk of showering with your pantyhose on and lathering them with shower gel body wash, I am wondering if you even need to wash your hosiery after peeling them off. Aren't they already clean with the same scent as your shower gel body wash? Wyndi, I sing recreationally. I took vocal lessons when I was younger and now I sing bubble gum pop (songs by Katy Perry, Aqua), rhythm & blues as well as a some rock songs, of course, no where near as good as the real singers. I used to get stage fright when I was younger but I have now gotten used to the stage and enjoy the spotlight, especially if it is a good, fun crowd. Do you dabble in music or perform yourself? Since I like to wear boots with my pantyhose, I don't have the problem if nylons getting slippery inside the enclosed boots. But for those of you who like to wear pumps / courts with your nylons - Sangue, Sharon, possibly Wyndi, does it get very slippery? Heidi

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang), In response to your last post regarding wearing tights with court shoes, I'm assuming you are referring to the slippery sensation caused by your feet sweating in the shoes and tights? If so, I would say that I only tend to feel it a bit, as I usually always wear thick opaque tights. However, I have found that if I wear my 40 denier satin-feel opaques with court shoes, they do make my feet sweat a lot more, and it does feel a bit slippery around my toes by around lunchtime. Knee-length boots also do this, as the feet are obviously deeply enclosed, but for some reason court shoes tend to do it more. Hope to hear from you all again soon, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone Thank you Sharon, it is good to be back. :smile: I've have equally missed everyone. Talking about this is not something I can really do other than with you guys. :smile: It has been a mad few weeks... can't say it has calmed down much but at least I am able to chat a bit more. Heidi, agree with Sharon, it is certainly more slipperly in 40 denier tights in court shoes. My feet can get quite sweaty too (another reason I tend to wear thinner tights) so my feet do slip around more... but I like that. :penitent: Though preferably from getting water in them than sweat! Sharon, I did it! I finished work a bit earlier today, got home and slipped into the thick blue tights I recently bought, sports socks and my trainers and had a really long soak in the bath! :penitent: Brings a new meaning to squelchy doesn't it!!! When I stood up and lifted my foot out of the water it felt really heavy. Wiggling my toes around in them was very satisfying... glad I tried it and had a very enjoyable bath. Trainers, tights and socks all now sat on the radiator drying out - may need them again tomorrow! Sorry it took me so long to try it... was even tempted to take a quick photo and post it but no idea who actually follows this forum other than us guys... or even if posting fotos is possible... or allowed! Was quite warm today so stuck to wearing my closed toe heels and thinner tights - wore the ones with stars on them today with a pencil skirt and got a few comments from my female colleagues. :smile:) No time for any wetting sadly though! Sangue, did those zebra heels get that morning shower...? :penitent: Hope everyone has had a good Thursday and is looking for to the weekend. Jane x

Hiya Jane (and the rest of the gang), Jane, glad to hear you've finally tried the trainers, socks and tights in the bath. It's funny you should did this the other day, as I also did the very same this afternoon. I'd been out shopping all morning, and had done a lot of driving as well. When I got home, I ran myself a nice deep bath with bubble bath and stepped in wearing what I'd worn all morning, which was my white and lilac Reebok Classic leather trainers, pink and grey striped cotton ankle socks over 40 denier black satin tights and a pair of black classic cotton/lycra full-length leggings. On my top half, I had a bright pink hoodie with a form-fitted pale pink top underneath, and obviously my bra and panties. I spent nearly an hour in the bath. It felt so nice when I first stepped in, feeling all the warm water filling my trainers and soaking through my socks and tights. The rest of the outfit also felt fantastic. Anyway, hope you're all having a great weekend and hope to hear from you soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Sharon, Jane, as you got your trainers, ankle socks and pantyhose wet, did you try running around in your bathtub in them? I am betting that when you stomp down hard, the water might squirt really far away! haha ..... I'll bet you both find that showering with trainers is a lot more stable then going into the tub with any sort of heels, be it boots or sandals since you have much better balance? Heidi

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang), Heidi, in answer to your question, no, as I'd run a deep bath that was calf-deep when I stepped in, as I wanted my shoes and socks to be completely submerged. As for stomping down when my trainers are full, they squish and squelch a lot, but very little gets out due to the fact that they are leather-topped and not the fabric-topped variety. As for it being more stable showering rather than bathing in trainers, I would say there's very little difference, as they have good grip. Anyway, sorry this reply was a little shorter than usual, look forward to hearing from you all again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Has anyone else started their Christmas season parties yet? ..... I went to my first Christmas party this past weekend. It was at a swanky club with karaoke rooms upstairs, a large bar and a huge dance floor. After belting out a couple of tunes in the karaoke rooms, my friends and I went dancing all night long. I was wearing a glittery purple sequined dress with dark pantyhose and black knee high boots with block heels. It was hot at the club and at one point, if you were dancing near the bar, the barkeep used a water hose and sprayed a very very very fine mist of water onto those who wanted to dance near so they can cool down. I got hot and danced near him, got a light spray to cool off my upper body but was very glad my boots were waterproof, even though the water never reached that far down. I am beginning to understand why some of you here might like water in a very hot party environment! Heidi

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang if you're reading), Nice to hear from you, sounds like you had fun the other night. I haven't been to any Christmas parties yet, although I probably will be within the next two weeks. I haven't much to report on the getting wet side of things, so this post is going to be short and simple. Anyway, hope you're well and look forward to hearing from you and, hopefully, Jane, Alexa, Sangue and Wyndi as well, real soon. Sharon. xx