Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi Heidi, Wow! 3 pairs of opaque tights. Your feet must have been very sweaty after hours in those tights and your boots :) As for me, yes I have worn 2 pairs of 100 denier opaques with soft thick slouch socks over them in my fur lined 'Ugg' calf length boots and gone swimming in them in my pool. I have done this several times, as it feels so nice to swim wearing Ugg's with thick socks and two pairs of opaque tights on :) Also the feeling of the thick soggy socks and the clingy soaked tights around my feet surrounded by the wet fur lining of my boots is just amazing! Hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to hearing from Jane and Alexa as well. Sharon.

Hello Sharon, I see in you switched your profile location from England to Germany. Are you visiting Germany or did you move to Deutschland? Interesting to hear that you have gone swimming in two pairs of denier 100+ pantyhose, slouch socks and a pair of calf high Uggs boots. I take it that your Uggs must have gotten pretty heavy in the water? Did your Uggs slouch down to your ankles once wet? Was it hard to keep your Uggs and your slouch socks on as you tried to swim in the pool? I am back from my brief business trip to Milan. It is a lot cooler up here in Stadtgemeinde Bremen. I wore ankle boots for the trip back up but once I arrived, the temperature is only +12C according the the thermometer I have on my window. I immediately wanted to layer on some pantyhose or socks but the ones in my suitcase need to be washed first as I was sweating in them while in Milan. I don't want to wear smelly socks or pantyhose :) Heidi

Hi Heidi, thank you for accepting my friend request. With regards to my Ugg boots getting heavy in the pool, no I feel weighless in water, even wearing a full outfit including a heavy padded winter coat!! My boots stay up perfectly while in the pool, but slop down when I get out, and my god do they squelch!! Always makes me laugh at the sight and sound of them :) Its a wonderfull feeling, you really should put on a pair of very soft thick winter tights (pantyhose) and wear thick soft slouch socks over them with your fur lined knee boots and get into a warm bath with them on. Once you have tried it, Im sure you will want to get your shoes and boots wet all the time. Like Jane says, It's hard to explain, but just something almost magical about the way it feels!! As for changing my location, Its a bit hard to explain. I have two properties. one in England in Cornwall, that is my main home, But I am living and working for a 'Mobile Social Network and Gaming' website in Munich, Germany. I spend most of my time here in Munich, but go home once a month for a few days or so. Anyway, with that answered, thanks again for accepting my friend request, and hope to hear from you again real soon Heidi. By the way, if you go to my profile and look up the how to contact me section, the URL to my website is there. Your new friend, Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, Thank you for sharing your adventures about what you have done in your private, heated, outdoor swimming pool. I had not factored in buoyancy - a force exerted by a fluid, that opposes an object's weight, when I pictured you in your pool, fully clothed. Buoyancy, would definitely explain the fact that you feel weightless in water, even though you have on a coat, two pairs of thick pantyhose and Uggs fur lined boots. I had thought that once you step out of the pool, the weight of the heavy wet fur lined Uggs boot along with all the water inside the boot would weigh it down so that it would fall off your foot instantly, perhaps even dragging off your slouch sock. It is interesting to know that your boot stays on and that it makes a funny squelching sound. hahaha Doesn't your wallet complain though when you wet your Uggs? I have seen calf high chocolate brown Uggs here selling for as much as 280€ for the nicer ones! I too have tall Uggs but I typically just wear mine at home for comfort after work. The knee high fur lined boots I mentioned with 3" heel are black leather dress boots that I wear to work. I have a pair of knee high fur lined suede boots too with a 3.5" heel. Both are boots which are too nice for me to ever want to get them wet. If I ever change my mind and want to try the wet experience, I would probably have to go and get the least expensive pair of heels I can find LOL Do you also wear your knee high boots and pantyhose during the summer in Munich? If so, how do you deal with the heat? Heidi

Hi Heidi, Thanks for such a quick reply. With regards to my Ugg boots, I bought my pairs of them for between £80 and £100 in England. They are very high quality, and even after several swims in them, provided i wash them in tap water after my pool, or the sea, and let them dry naturally in a warm room for around a week, they are as good as new. I havent ruined a pair yet :) Yes, I do wear black leather knee length boots with opaque tights to work nearly all year round. My car has air conditioning, and so do our offices, so with the temp set at a comfortable 21c, I never get too hot. That being said though, after an 8 hour day at work, when I get home, my feet are often sweaty. They dont smell, just warm and damp tights around my toes. Its a small price to pay though to look nice and feel comfortable in the office. If my feet get a bit hot at work, I sometimes pour a little water down into my boots. Its great, as it cools my feet, wets my tights, and nobody can see what I have done! :) Anyway, look forward to your reply, and many more conversations on this subject. Sharon.

Hello Sharon, You mentioned that you also like to wear leather knee high boots at the office. How high are the heels on your dress boots? Is the reason you wear pantyhose so that you can have some padding in your boots so the heels are more comfortable? Sharon, you are very daring! Pouring water in your leather boots to cool them off at work?! How much water do you pour in? With waterproof boots, don't your boots make sloshing sounds as you walk? Don't your boots get super heavy with water inside? You do sound like a very naughty girl :) I love to wear high heels but heels tire me out quickly. I need lots of padding to make heels comfortable enough to wear for an entire day. Thus I wear thick pantyhose and thick wool socks with high heels. If I wear pantyhose and wool socks with high heeled pumps, it looks strange so I choose to wear knee high boots to hide my several layers of pantyhose and wool socks. I like to wear fur lined boots too as the fur lining is great padding but that also makes my knee high boots very steamy, especially in the summer. All my leather boots are waterproof but not my suede ones. As you can probably see, unlike you, I am shy and afraid to get my feet wet so I try as hard as possible to keep them dry in airtight waterproof high heeled boots, especially on rainy days! I have this problem though, because I wear knee high boots a LOT, even during the summer, my male co-workers/friends are always trying to get my boots off of me. They are always wondering what I am trying to hide. I guess you'd better not let your co-workers get your boots off or else they might find very wet socks and pantyhose LOL I wonder where Alexa & Jane went ....... Heidi

Hello Heidi, Once again, a fast reply from you, so thanks for that :) As for the boots I wear to work, they are usually always black leather full knee length (15 or 16'' leg height) with a min of a 3'' heel, some are 3.5'' and I also wear 4'' ones. Heel styles vary from pin style 'Kitten', to solid cube block types and wedge heeled ones. Some are pointed toe, and others are round, or squared off at the toe. I have SO many different pairs. As for why I always wear opaque tights with them even in summer is for a few reasons really. Mostly because I love the comfort of a good quality pair of 140 denier tights. The soft tight fabric like a 2nd skin from my toes all the way up to my waist :) But also as they look smart with my boots and my skirt suits. With regards to the pouring of water into my boots, its only around 60-70ml in each boot I think. Yeah it does squelch a bit for 5 or 10 mins, but I do it when I know I wont have to leave my desk for a while. By the time I do, my tights have soaked up the excess water, along with the lining of my boots, leaving me free to walk around the building with soaked tights on my feet, and nobody can see or hear :silly: As for my co workers, well half the team are also women, but as I'm 5' 9'' bear foot, I'm 6ft tall in 3.5'' heels. Makes me taller than nearly all the men there LOL. They have never tried getting me to take my boots off. I guess being taller than them, and with a classic red heads firey temper, they dont try their luck! :) As for Jane, she did p.m me today. She will be here again soon I think. I havent heard from Alexa yet tho. Look forward to your reply, Sharon. xx

Hi there. I’ve just popped in as a result of messages from Sharon, who I see has joined this discussion. I’m afraid I haven’t been very active on High Heel place lately – life is frantically busy and it’s hard to find a moment for recreational web surfing and adding stuff to discussion boards. I‘d like to offer a belated welcome to Sharon – you’ve certainly added some interesting contributions. You make my student years as a water nymph look positively amateurish. I’ve never got wet in Ugg boots, because I don’t have any, but my trusty New Rocks are well padded and take a while to dry out – certainly several days. But t’s surprising how well they recover and don’t seem to suffer too badly. The only shoes that don’t take kindly to paddling adventures in my experience are cheap court shoes (pumps to our American cousins) where I’ve had the sole separate from the upper and the insole curl up as the shoes dry out. But other things seem remarkably robust. Pouring water down inside ones boots sounds like a good idea – I shall have to bear that in mind for days when I’m doing something boring at work. I usually have other shoes in my office too, so it won’t matter if I overdo it. But what about pouring water down inside someone else’s boots? That sounds like even more fun. It’s a good thing you don’t work in the same place as I do Heidi, or I’d be after you with my little jug! Fancy having one’s own swimming pool, Sharon. The sheer luxury! It’s not surprising that you keep getting tempted to go in it. I was out in the rain last weekend in a clingy vest top and it felt quite nice – it makes me wonder what some of my other clothes would feel like if I wore them wet.

Bye for now,

Alexa

Hi Alexa, Nice to hear from you and thanks for accepting my friend request. Seems you, me, Jane and Heidi are quite the special team here!! (not in any order of course) :) Great to have you back. Wow, yeah, Id love to pour water down the back of Maria's boots at work (Cant tho, as she would go mad!!) -- Nice thought though Alexa! :) As for having my own private pool, I really went for it today after work, as it was a lovely late afternoon, and since its September now, there wont be many more days left before I drain the pool for the winter (usually end of Sept until early April) I went for a full winter outfit, so got changed out of most of my work uniform when I got home. I wore Black 3.5" kitten heel knee length leather boots with 2 pairs of 140 denier matt opaque soft winter tights, my black skinny fit very tight jeans over my tights with a belt, a fitted cotton/lycra tee top, with my red roll neck fitted jumper. (obviously also my usual bra and panties) I also wore my tan leather jacket... I ran down the garden and jumped in the deep end of my pool. WOW!!! When I came up to the surface it felt AMAZING!! I swam in the warm water for nearly 40 minutes. Swimming under water and playing around in the pool. It really is one of the best sensations I have ever felt. Until you have done it, you will never know just how great it is! When I got out I was SUPER soaked! water pouring off me all up the garden. Had to sit down and let the excess drain out from my clothes before going indoors. Took ten mins! LOL! I usually do this after work on a Friday aternoon after work, but it was so nice today, that I couldnt resist. May even wear that pair of boots wet to work tomorrow to remind me of what happened today :silly: Anyway my friends, hope to hear from you soon, Heidi, Jane and Alexa. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Sharon, it is great having you on this list and as a friend to myself, Alexa & Jane. You really have a lot of very creative ideas and certainly know how to have fun. Alexa, did you try adding water to your boots at work today? If so, which pair of boots did you add water to? Sharon, did you end up wearing the pair of knee high boots you wore in your swimming pool to work today? Were your 140 denier pantyhose able to keep most of the moisture away from your skin? Sharon, wearing your black 3.5" kitten heel knee length leather boots with 2 pairs of 140 denier matt opaque soft winter tights, black skinny fit very tight jeans over tights with a belt, a fitted cotton/lycra tee top, with ared roll neck fitted jumper, bra, panties and a leather jacket is a LOT of clothes to go swimming in! Were you still able to float with so much clothes on??? ....... Did you use any water toys like an air mattress? I am also super curious, with so much clothes on, were you able to do things like the front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke or butterfly? If so, what challenges do you face trying those with so much clothes on? Today, at work, I wanted to wear really high heels, so I chose a pair of knee high fur lined boots with a 2" platform and a 5" heel. I wore this with a colourful summer dress. I also wore two pairs of thick denier 80 pantyhose and a pair of thick wool socks inside the boots for padding. I had forgotten to check the weather report. It has been cool, hovering between +15C to +22C the last few days but today, the temperature skyrocketed to a blistering hot +29C! Needless to say, it got very hot inside my fur lined leather boots. I remember Sharon's idea of pouring water inside boots although I know that is not for me. My pantyhose and even my wool socks got damp with sweat. I had considered removing my wool socks but then my boots, which I bought a size larger to accommodate a lot of padding, would be loose. I have been wearing boots so much this year that I feel almost like I left home without my bra on, if I am outside of home without my boots. However, the hot temperatures won me over and come noon time, I had to surrender my boots as well as my wool socks and was wearing a spare pair of pumps with 2" heels to accommodate the hot weather. I hid my damp wool socks in my office drawer hoping no one would find them there. But with the heat today, I know what it is like to have moisture inside ones boots as it was sweat I had inside my fur lined boots today. I now sort of know what you - Sharon, Alexa, Jane - feel when you play around in pools and wet your boots or shoes! Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Alexa and Jane if you're reading), With regards to wearing my wet boots today, I nearly chickened out at the last minute when getting ready this morning. However, I did do it. It felt lovely and cool as I zipped the boots up, and my soft, thick black tights gave me instant wet feet :) They were quite squishy, but after a 30-minute drive to work my tights had absorbed all the excess water, and there were no giveaway sounds when I entered the building. As for my swim yesterday, even in that full winter outfit I could still float on my back really easily. Back stroke is very easy, the crawl is fairly easy, and breast stroke is slow, but easy and very relaxing. Swimming under water is very easy and fantastic fun!! I also played around on an inflatable li-lo, sitting on it in the middle, lying on it and splashing around and falling off it backwards into the water again :) Anyway, hope to hear from you and Alexa and Jane soon. Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, Going to work in your wet boots really does sound like an adventure! At the office, did you leave your wet boots on all day or did you unzip them to let them air dry faster? How dry were your pantyhose when you got home after being cooped up in soaking wet boots all day? It is evening now and I am about to go clubbing with my girlfriends. I've already got a hot dress picked out with a twirly skirt. I have opted to go with a pair of thick black pantyhose on the inside and a pair of thick suntan pantyhose on the outside. Now I am thinking, given the fact the weather is hot today and it will be even hotter inside the dance club, should I wear a pair of thick wool socks for padding and my knee high leather boots with fur lining? If I do, I will likely sweat and get damp pantyhose. Or should I go with just two pairs of pantyhose and my low heeled pumps? What do you girls think? Heidi

Hiya Heidi, Wearing them wet to work was fun! I kept them zipped up all day. I had warm soft wet tights all day long. It felt so good! When I got home they were 70% dry, but my feet were a bit wrinkled under my toes LOL :) As for your evening out, if like me having your feet sweating a lot in your tights and boots is not a problem for you, then I'd keep with the knee boots, tights and socks. If however you want to keep dry almost sweat-free feet all evening, go for your low heel shoes with just the 80 denier tights. It will still be comfy and look nice with your dress. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone So sorry for my absence. Like Alexa life seems to be so busy at the moment! Work is hectic and worked late a few times then been out and about at the weekends. Sharon and Alexa, I love your suggestion of putting water in someone else's boots or shoes at work! :) I did that myself a couple of weeks ago as you might of read and almost got caught out by my boss! I wonder what some of my colleagues would do if I walked up and poured water into their heels! LOL! Probably lose my job! Had a good experience last weekend. Went to a lunchtime do with some friends for one of their 30th Birthdays. Had a couple to drink of course and left mid-afternoon with my best friend. We were very near the beach and I suggested a stroll before heading off home. She was in strappy heeled sandals with no tights while I was in my closed toe heels with tan tights - it was quite chilly despite it being August! I headed straight towards the sea and stood just beyond the reach of the waves. My friend who knows about my "passion" and has only once before got her heels wet (ok I got them wet for her!) stood ahead of me and let the sea just creep up and soak her toes. Clearly she had also had a few drinks but I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass so grabbed her hand and ran into the sea with her. Only went up to our knees but the cold water soaking my tights, feet and shins was glorious! Even my friend didn't complain and neither of us could stop laughing as we walked out. As you say Sharon, noone else really noticed. Walking back up the beach was a sandy operation so once back on the prom we both proceeded to one of the taps and washed our feet - shoes still on for my friend but I removed mine just to admire by painted toes through the wet tights! It was a few minutes walk back to the bus stop and sadly the squelching had just about stopped by the time we got there. Loved the experience though! The following morning I had a text from my friend complaining her heels had stretched! :silly: Heidi, really need to get those toes of your wet. Sharon and Alexa - do you think we can work on Heidi and convince her to do it? She almost did a couple of weeks ago at the party... that desire is in there somewhere! Wear those pumps tonight and maybe find somewhere to fill them with water later on! Sharon, fantastic to have you here. :) Very jealous of your private pool! I'd be in it all day in very footwear combinations. Planning on a private foot wetting this weekend. Just painted my toenails so maybe a pair of peeptoes with tights and a long soak in the bath tomorrow... Great to have so many friends here. Have a great weekend everyone! Jane x

Another quick visit before I pop round to my boyfriend’s house for the weekend. No, no adventures for me today. I was in London for a meeting and it was very warm indeed, at least compared to my usual haunts in the midlands, and I was wondering whether I would meet a fountain or pool on my travels. But by the time my meetings finished I just felt like getting on a train back home, so didn’t seek out any water features. I was in platform pumps rather than boots. Great to hear of your adventures, girls. I’m particularly pleased to hear about Jane leading her friend into the sea. Surprisingly, people are often Ok about being involved in water mischief, if you pick the right moment. Sharon, do you get the chance to play in the water with friends, or is it mostly on your own?

Maybe I'll get the boyfriend to drive us over to the seaside this weekend if the weather's nice. And I'm sure we can guess what that could lead to.

Alexa

Hi Alexa, and Jane, Alexa, as for your question regarding if I get up to this alone or with friends, I usually do it alone, but it does happen a LOT when I arrange pool partys. That way I can get soaked through in front of many people without having to explain why im in the pool fully clothed (sometimes with very expensive boots and clothes on!) :) I just love it SOOOO much! Im sure I was a mermaid in a past life LOL! Jane, sounds like you had fun. I love going in the sea with my shoes and tights, and sometimes socks over my tights on :) Feels fantastic in really well cushioned trainers. A male friend of mine was recently showing me his new trainers, and its odd how mens ones have so little cushoning in them! our women's ones have loads more! Great tho, as ours are far more squichy and squelchy when soaked and full of water... Hmm... YUMMY!!! Jane, try getting in a deep bath with a pair of white leather topped well padded women's, trainers, soft socks over opaque tights (at least 60 denier). Let me know how that feels for you. Its different from getting soaked in heels, but Im sure you will love the way it feels. As for our lovely Heidi, I am trying to get her to get her boots soaked. Like me she wears thick winter wear opaque tights a lot, and fur lined boots (I LOVE the feel of wet fur lining in my boots with my sopping wet tights!!) Im sure given time she will want to experiment and experience what we share. Anyway, Im off to bed shortly (in my 140 denier black matt opaques I may add. I love my tights. 2nd skin for my feet and legs!) Look forward to hearing from you soon Girls. Night night, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone I hope to hear some good stories from your weekend away Alexa! :) Sharon, the pool parties must be amazing. Do you get everyone else in swimming fully clothed with shoes too? Or is it just you? I bet if you do get them in they take their shoes off! Have you ever told any of your friends about your wet foot passion? I have only told me best friend and she thinks I'm a lunatic... in the nicest possible sense of course. I will definitely give the trainers in the bath a go... sounds very tempting! I teased myself a little bit this morning. Was wearing closed toe low heels... I have quite long toes so nearly always have a bit of toe cleavage showing... couldn't resist pouring a few drops of water into it when my friend was out of the room. Just enough to create a little pool under my toes... was a little worried when we got up that it might squirt out but I judged it just right. I know I am going to get caught out with these little teasing sessions of mine... especially at work! :) Do you wear tights to bed aswell Sharon? I like to be barefoot at night but love the feeling of tights during the day... especially when they are wet of course!!! Nothing quite beats that feeling... I wonder what Heidi wore in the end. We definitely need to persuade her... I am sure she would love the feeling of water trickling down inside her boots and soaking her feet... and then the squelching! I bet Alexa is waist deep as we speak - boyfriend dragged in with her! :silly: Any wet feet plans this weekend Sharon? Jane x

Hi Jane (and Alexa and Heidi if you're reading this too), Yeah, the parties can be a little bit mad. It's usually me that ends up in first, with everything on, but sometimes others join in too, but you're right, most who do come in remove their shoes or boots and their coat or jacket. I'm the only one that goes the whole hog :) In fact, I honestly can't remember the last time I went swimming in a bikini or swimsuit. I often actually put together an entire outfit as if I was getting ready for a night out with the girls, but instead of going out, I go in... the pool!! LOL I too have only told one person, whom I'm very close to. She's not really into it, but often does encourage me. For example, if we're out and about, and she sees a really deep puddle, she will often dare me to walk through it and into the deepest part, making sure it completely fills my shoes up, especially if I'm wearing my courts or my ballet pumps, but trainers and non-waterprood suede-topped boots (like Uggs and Emu's) don't get let off the hook either, even if they're new!! With regards to having a bath with your trainers on, I can't recommend this enough, especially if you do it in a really nice pair of well-cushioned, expensive ladies' trainers. I find the nicest ones to get wet in are Reebok Classics, Fila Sculpt-N-Tone and Nike Air. However, any expensive branded pair will do :) Just make sure that you wear a pair of at least 60 Denier opaque tights, with soft socks (preferably slouch socks, or "squelch socks", as I've nicknamed them due to the fact that they hold a large amount of water in the fabric). Yeah, I've nearly got caught at work a few times, but most of the time I'm in my own office and don't get disturbed much. As for wearing tights in bed, yes, I usually always do, along with my underwear and usually just a lightweight fitted baby tee top (one of those stretch cotton/lycra mix tops with the teeny capped sleeves). I find this combination far more comfortable than wearing pyjamas or just my bra and panties. Even in the summer, I've never woken up in the middle of the night with over-hot feet and/or legs, even when sleeping in my 140 Denier opaques. Perhaps this is just because my body has become used to having the tights on all the time, and my system has adjusted my body temperature accordingly. Aww, yeah, I've had several discussions with Heidi about getting her feet wet, and she's asked me many inquisitive questions on the subject. I'm fairly certain she'll want to join us in due course :silly: As for any wet feet fun this weekend, I'm going out this evening for several drinks with friends, and who knows what may happen when I get home late tonight? The other week, I came home late one Saturday night and, after all the walking around the town during the evening, my feet were roasting. I took my shoes off, filled them with cold water, tipped the excess out of them, and put them back on. It was lovely and cooling as it soaked straight through my tights, so I just decided to leave them on, got mostly undressed and hopped into bed. When I woke the next day, the feet of my tights were 90% dry and my own body warmth had almost completely dried the shoes out! So who knows, I might end up with wet shoes again at the end of this evening. If I do, I'll be sure to give you details when I next post. If you do the bath in trainers, socks and tights this weekend, please give me full details on how it went and felt etc., and exactly what you wore in the bath. Anyway, must get on, just 90 minutes to get ready before the taxi comes. Have a great weekend. Hope to hear from you real soon. Sharon. xx

Hi Alexa, Jane, Sharon, Good to see everyone here almost at the same time :) Jane, it sounds like you turned that birthday lunch with your friend into quite the adventure by going for a stroll in the North Sea! With the warm summers, I know that a lot of people like to enjoy time at the beach and frolic in the water. Doing it with both your tights and your court shoes on Jane, is a totally different experience. Do the tights help keep you warmer when the sea water is very cold? Do wet tights get super slippery in courts or does the water give you a better grip? Alexa, what did you do with your bf over the weekend? What heels do you like to wear when on dates with your bf? Sharon, based on your last two posts, I guess your shoe selection is pretty evenly spread out between your trainers, courts, Uggs and your dress boots? ...... It is interesting to see another person sleep in pantyhose as well! Have you ever gone to bed with your courts, trainers or boots on? Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about choice of footwear for clubbing. In the end, I with with a pair of thick black pantyhose on the inside and a pair of thick suntan pantyhose on the outside, a pair of thick wool socks for padding and my knee high leather boots with fur lining. All that padding made dancing in 3" heels a lot more comfortable as I was dancing for a lot of time I spent at the club and did not get home until really late. When I got home, I managed to wash my face, remove my makeup, brush my teeth and was almost totally out of energy. I managed to make it to my bed, partially remove my dress and I was so tired, I fell asleep without removing my knee high fur lined boots. The next morning, my other group of friends who did not go clubbing came over to pick me up to go have brunch and go to the beach. When they rang the doorbell, I managed to change into a nice very long, flowing summer dress, grabbed my hang bag, a towel and off I went to brunch and the beach. I was still wearing my two layered pantyhose, wool socks and fur lined knee high boots with 3" heels from the night before but the summer dress covered up most of my boots so only the heel is very visible. We went out and had a nutritious brunch and went off to the beach. While my friends played on the beach, I lay on a long beach chair in the shade, lay down and slept. My friends tried to get me in the water but I refused, I didn't even bring a bathing suit. I just wanted to sleep. I ended up unzipping my boots and sleeping in peace. If Jane, Alexa & Sharon were there and I was awake enough, I would have changed into a bikini to go in the water and watch you three play in the water in your heels :) Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Alexa and Jane if you're reading this), With regards to what you wrote about wearing tights in bed, yes, I nearly always do, as I don't feel comfortable without them on. I just love the feeling of snuggling up in bed wearing a nice, soft, warm pair of tights. As for have I gone to sleep with my shoes on as well, I can definitely say yes to this! :) There have been many times, especially on very cold winter nights, when I have got into bed keeping on a pair of knee-length boots and thick winter-wear tights. It helps me keep warm, and also feels comfortable and cozy. As for asking about my shoe selection, I have a huge amount. The last time I did a count was a few months ago, but as of then I had six pairs of trainers, five pairs of court shoes, five pairs of ballet pumps, twelve pairs of knee-length boots, four pairs of Ugg boots, six or seven pairs of slip-on 'loafer-style' shoes and some smart dressy shoes that are ideal for evenings out when I don't fancy wearing knee boots. Anyway, hope you three are having a nice weekend and hope to hear from you all soon. Sharon. xx

Just thought I’d pop in and give you an update on the weekend’ activities. We went out for a jaunt on Saturday, and I’m very glad we did, because we managed to make good use of a fairly warm and bright day. The weather seems to have turned now and it’s much cooler and windier. We took a trip in my partner’s Land Rover over to the coast on the west side of Wales, so there were good opportunities for beach walking and general mischief in the late summer sunshine. I wore black skinny jeans and some platform pumps with broad medium heels. I’ve had them a few years so it didn’t matter if they got spoiled, and the heels a broad enough not to sink in to sand if it’s fairly hard packed. Once we were down on the part of the beach that gets washed by the tide they hardly sank at all. Needless to say, we wandered out to the water’s edge and walked for a while on the strip of sand lapped by the waves, until I could resist no longer and didn’t step back when a wave rolled in so that it filled my shoes. After that, I walked in the sea for a little while, with my partner keeping pace with me a little further up the beach so as to keep his feet dry, making remarks like ‘you’re mad’ and ‘is that wet enough for you?’. There were a few other people about, and a little further along we met two young women in leggings and ballet flats running in and out, trying to dodge the waves. I think they’d kept out of the water until I got there, and I called out ‘come in, it’s not too cold’. I joined them for a little while as they shrieked and giggled, with me daring them to go a little further every time the sea went out and they soon managed to get their shoes wet. One of them was a little bolder than the other and she came out as far as me, but didn’t want to get her denim mini skirt wet so stayed at about knee depth, squealing as the waves splashed up her thighs. After a few minutes of this they tired of the game and went back up the beach. It’s good when you can tempt strangers into the water. Well, they didn’t need much tempting, but playing in water seems to have a power to bring people together. My partner had stayed out of harm’s way, but I gave him a cuddle and wrapped my legs round him so he’d get the benefit of my cold wet jeans. On the way home I insisted that the heater was put on, and took my shoes off and travelled with my feet up on the dashboard. I put them on again for a while when we stopped for an evening meal and they felt really cool and gritty from the sand. My jeans dried out a good deal in the car and the restaurant, as they’re quite a lightweight fabric with a lot of elasticity in it, but my shoes are still damp, even this morning. I’m thinking of the two young women we met – they seemed to be enjoying themselves and I hope they have many more water adventures ahead of them.

Good times

Alexa

Hi Alexa (and Heidi and Jane if you're reading), Alexa, sounds like you had fun at the weekend. When you said "medium-heel pumps", do you mean court shoes? If so, what colour were they, and were they real leather? Either way, the heel and platform style sound really nice. I bet they must have felt lovely soaking wet and filled up really quick :) Just how deep exactly did you go in in the end, and did you have any sheer tights on under your jeans, or just bare feet in those courts? As for the two girls you met, I can imagine it was easy persuading them to come in with you, especially once they saw that you had classier shoes and jeans than their basic ballet pumps and leggings. I too have often found it quite easy to persuade other women to get wet in public places in the past, well... their shoes and socks at the very least. Anyway, must get on, as I'm at work and kind of skiving at the moment writing this. I should be writing JavaScript web pages and not chatting in here, although chatting in here is a lot more fun!! LOL Hope to hear from you three soon, and Jane, did you have the bath in your trainers, socks and tights over the weekend? If so, please let me know all about it and how it was for you. Sharon. xx

Hi there Sharon (and anyone else who’s looking in),

We had lots of fun on Saturday, and it was good to know we were making the best of the end of the warm weather too. I was wet through up to about mid thigh, but we'd been splashing each other as well, so i was quite spattered all over. As I’ve explained somewhere on this board before, as a shoe lover, I like to feel my shoes against my skin wherever possible so I tend not to wear hosiery or socks if I can help it. I was wearing socks last winter because it was so cold, but that’s the exception rather than the rule. However, I did identify with your comments about wearing tights. I enjoy wearing leggings, especially black stretchy shiny fabrics, and it is certainly a bit like having a second skin, only smoother. Sometimes I wear a leotard as well, so I’m in shiny black Lycra all over. Those sorts of fabrics tend not to retain moisture, so if I get them wet it tends not to show and I feel dry again fairly shortly. Yes, I was wearing courts (as we in the UK would say) on Saturday. They’re leather with a synthetic lining and a man-made sole.

Even celebrities are getting in on the act

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2034078/Coco-wears-towering-heels-bikini-Las-Vegas-pool-party.html

I hardly dare admit I read trash like that, but it whiles away moments at work whilst I’m waiting for other people. Looks like we’ve started a trend.

Alexa

Hi Alexa (and Jane and Heidi if you're reading), Yeah, Alexa, I had a look at that hyperlink you posted, and you're right, it does look like we've started a trend LOL!! I wasn't too keen on the shoes that celeb wore though, as those kind let you get your feet wet easily but don't hold any water. I like to feel my feet squishing and squelching in my shoes, boots or trainers. I do wear court shoes without tights occasionally, but they tend to make my feet sweat a lot, which makes them rather slippery inside, and my love of wearing tights means that most of the time I'm in tights, rather than barefoot in my shoes. Here at work today I'm wearing black leather knee-length zip-up boots with a 3.5" chunky block heel and navy blue 140 Denier opaques. I think around 2.30pm I should be alone in the office for the rest of the afternoon, so there's a very good chance I'm going to pour some water down the inside of my boots and soak my tights :) Should feel lovely, as I've had these on since 7.30am, and my feet are more than just warm! Anyway, must get on, lovely to hear from you as always Alexa, and hope to hear from you and the rest of the gang real soon. Sharon. xx

Hello Alexa, Sharon, Jane, Alexa, it sounds like you sure had a weekend of adventure, going with your bf to a beach in western Wales, wading into the ocean up to mid-thigh while wearing jeans and court shoes! Then you convinced two others to play in the ocean wearing tights and ballet flats. Very impressive. I am wondering if one of the two girls who went into the ocean with you was our very own Jane here :) How long does it take to dry your court shoes Alexa? If you do not put it in the dryer, I am guessing your jeans might still be wet today? I saw the link of the celebrity Coco dipping her wedge heel sandals into the water. How very daring! Sharon, did you end up pouring water into your knee high boots and onto your 140 denier pantyhose? Don't your feet go into shock when one moment, they are very warm inside a pair of boots and thick pantyhose, the next moment, they are surrounded by icy cold water? Heidi

Hello there Heidi :) Yeah I did pour water down into my boots at 3pm today. Around 100 ml's in to each boot! It was lovely! the water was not too cold, but just cold enough to cool my hot feet down as the water ran down around my toes and soaked my tights :) The water stayed in them for nearly 2 hours, but after that had soaked up the legs of my tights. luckily though it had not reached the tops of my boots, so nobody noticed. It did however feel great when walking to my car after work in wet winter tights and my lovely comfy knee length 3.5" heel boots all wet around my feet. :silly: Wow, you should have seen the soles of my feet when I took those boots and tights off... My soles were so wrinkly!! Took over an hour before I could put clean dry tights on! That being said. I'd do it again even in brand new boots. I just love that feeling (Jane, Im sure you know what I mean)... Well, night night gang, Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, It is a cold rainy day here on the German side of the North Sea. It is only +14C today. I had a presentation to do today at work and I wanted to look good. I chose a charcoal grey skirt suit, opaque pantyhose, thick pink wool socks hidden inside my footwear and knee high black boots with a 3" heel. I carried an umbrella - a really cute umbrella with Hello Kitty ears - as I walked from the car park to the office entrance but I already got splashed by the rain and the puddles outside. Good thing the block heels on this pair of boots gives me good stability on slippery surfaces. After getting into the office and after getting home, I have always been wiping my boots dry as water droplets were all over them. Glad these boots help keep the water out so I was nice and dry for my presentation. Sharon, it does sound like you are getting yourself very wet at work by pouring water down your boots and wetting your tights. When you get home, do you use a hair dryer to air dry your pantyhose? I am imagine if you wore ankle boots, there might be puddles of water at the base of your workstation. Hopefully the water won't short out any circuits to knock out the entire computer network at your office :) Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Jane and Alexa if you're reading), That sounds like a nice outfit you wore for the presentation. What colour opaque tights were you wearing with that skirt suit? I usually wear Black, Navy, Brown or Grey 140 Denier tights to work. I also have Purple and Red, Bottle Green, and also Pink, Teal, Baby Blue and Mauve, as well as countless patterned tights that I wear on the weekends, days off work and evenings out with friends. Like I said in a previous post, I literally live in tights. I even have them on under jeans, leggings and trousers, when I wear them, as well as also wearing tights in bed at night. I think I have a tights addiction LOL!! As for getting my feet wet at work, I probably do this about three times a week, especially when my feet get hot in my tights and knee-length boots that I wear. Nobody's ever noticed or heard as yet, and because I always wear a minimum of three inch heel, the water always pools around my toes and therefore can't escape through the zip at my ankle :) Usually when I get home, I take the boots off and just rub my feet with a hand towel for a few minutes, and then just let my natural body warmth dry them the rest of the way. It usually only takes around 30 minutes once my boots are off. Anyway, must get on, I've not long got home and have yet to sort my dinner out. Hope to hear from you all soon. Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, Yesterday I wore opaque black pantyhose with my charcoal grey skirt suit and black knee high boots with 3" heel. Today, being Friday, we get to dress casual so for work, I wore a cardigan with skinny jeans and a pair of very low heel riding boots that go to my knees. Under my skinny jeans, I have on a pair of silky white pantyhose and inside my boots, I have on a pair of thick pink wool socks. I have gotten used to layering. I am wearing almost no heels to work with my riding boots because this evening, I will go party with my friends and then I can save myself for wearing sky high heels at the party :) Sharon, you mentioned that when you get home, you take off your boots and drain the water out. Do you keep your wet pantyhose on or do you switch to a pair of dry pantyhose? Sharon, I take it at home you walk around in just your pantyhose without your boots usually? ........ You also mentioned in a previous post that you sleep with your pantyhose and boots on. From a person who wears both pantyhose, wool socks and knee high boots on a daily basis, I know that can get very warm. Do you usually wake up with your pantyhose and boots still on if you go to bed with them on? Have a nice weekend everyone, Heidi

Hello there Heidi, Sounds like you and I have the same dress sence :) With regards to when I get home, I usually rub my damp or wet tights dry with a towel, and when dry, slip my pumps or trainers on for walking around the house. I try not to walk around on the carpets for long in just my tights, otherwise the soles of them get bobbled. In my boots they stay silky soft :) As for wearing my boots in bed, I do sometimes, but only on very cold winter nights. Otherwise its just with tights on. Anyway, enjoy your weekend, and chat again soon. Sharon. xx