Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi Sangue (and the rest of our gang), Regarding the block heel, classic 60s/70s-inspired knee-length boots, I will take some pictures of some of my favourite boots and try and upload them later today so that you can see what they look like, and the types of heels on them that I'm talking about :wavey: Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, I am spending the weekend at a winter snowboarding resort in Vermont with a 900 meter verticle drop and I've got to say, this is a huge adrenaline rush! Here at Killington, we snowboard during daylight and at night, they play a mix of rock, trance and electronic dance music as we dance the night away. After blasting down snowy slopes all day and dancing in high heel boots all night, muscles are aching and demanding to be pampered. The resort has a series of hot tub whirlpool jacuzzis in the cottages where people stay overnight. I can just imagine if Sharon, Megan, Sangue or Jane were here, you would probably TRULY take advantage of the hot tub whirlpools with your heels on! Sangue, I like how logical you are when it comes to purchasing heels. You look for specifics, where as I just look for padding, some treads on the sole for grip and after that, it is whichever style I happen to fancy that day. Totally impromptu sometimes! What sort of styles of heels have you been purchasing lately? Are you looking to try the block heel boots which tend to be more stable than stilettos? Megan, I am so glad you got your heat back! You really are one tough girl to handle such cold. It is almost like camping, at home hahaha Megan, regarding winter parties, where there is snow, I too see girls wearing stiletto sandals in the snow. We were at a dance party here at the ski and snowboard resort and there is snow everywhere outside. After snowboarding or skiing during daylight, people go back to their cottages and change into their party dresses before walking over to the party venue. At the party area, about ⅔ of the girls are wearing boots and about ⅓ are wearing high heel sandals. Sangue, what method do you use for cleaning salt off your heels in the winter time? Heidi in the United States

Hi everyone, Sharon, I really like style #4 with the gold button. It looks classy. Do any of them have a warm lining inside? Do they have treads at the bottom for walking on slippery smooth surfaces like office buildings? Are these the styles you wear for work or do you wear other styles for work? Sorry for so many questions Sharon, I am curious! LOL I ran into some band members who performed last night at the snowboard resort. They are doing one last performance in the early evening before most people leave the resort to go back to work tomorrow. The group performs famous songs by other singers. I told them I sing as well. I sang a song for them at lunch time, and they loved it. They are going to let me jam with them for their evening performance!!! I am going to wear a low cut tube top with a leather mini. What colour pantyhose and boots should I wear? Suggestions? ...... I have my travel wardrobe with me so I do have choices. Heidi who is going to perform later on today

Hi everyone, Heidi, how exciting about your jam session. Singing on tour! Did it go well, and what did you wear in the end? What did you sing? My daughter's a saxophonist, and she's just starting to get gigs that pay. She says it's a wonderful feeliing, to play in front of paying customers. I guess you must know that feeling. I'm a very poor musician. I can make a horrible noise on half a dozen instruments. Sharon, I really enjoyed the pictures of your boots. They were exactly what I'd imagined you in. I wish I could wear something like that. You must have legs that go all the way to the ground. Have you got wet in all of them? Sangue, yes, fringes, I'm afraid. I'm a bit of a wannabe Pocahontis. I have a suede jacket with foot long fringes down the sleeves, which I'm very fond of, but you'll be glad to know lives in my wardrobe these days. Oh, god, imagine me in that jacket with my cowboy boots. I could be in a wild west show. Megan

Hi Megan and Heidi, Heidi, the images I posted are not of my own boots, I just downloaded them from the internet as examples of the size and shape and style of heels that the majority of my boots have. The examples I posted were the closest I could find to my most commonly worn and favourite boots. It's funny you mention about #4 having a lining, as I have a pair very similar to that and they are fur-lined :wavey: Megan, with regards to your question about have I got wet in all of my boots, the answer is yes. Every pair I own, at one point or another, has either ended up submerged in the bath or I've jumped in my pool wearing them :) Thanks for your compliment about me having long legs. Yes, I suppose I do, as I have a 33" inside leg, so when I buy jeans I always have to buy them in a size 8, but in extra long leg length, as standard length women's jeans are far too short for me. Anyway, must dash, look forward to hearing from you again soon as always. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, I should come clean and admit that I thought they were actual pictures of your boots too. I can see looking at the pictures again that they obviously aren't. I feel a tad foolish lol. 33 inches, gosh. That's nine more than me! I guess we wont be buying boots from the same place. Anyway, after feeling a bit disheartened looking at Sangue's link the other day I've decided I'm going to put my eye about and find myself some knee high boots, perhaps three inch wedges with a bit of a platform. I feel I'm trailing in you girls' wake, so I need to woman up and join you. I suspect I may be in for a bit of a search, but I'll keep you posted. It sounds a bit silly, but it feels quite empowering to have made a decision to change the habit of a lifetime. Not having worn anything like that before, I wonder if I could ask your advice. It might not be an issue that comes up, but do you think I'd do better to stick with black or brown rather than indulging my usual love of colour? Look forward to hearing from you again soon, Regards, Megan

FYI I was typing up a long response and closed out of the page, so I'm going to post more later. Just saw you added a post Megan and I think you should definitely do color! As for the fringe, I think it can be very well as seen here in an episode of Project Runway (different view). I say embrace what makes you comfortable, it is your style after all. How exciting that you're finding this all empowering!

And I will admit, I feel I am trailing in the wake of the fabulous ladies here quite often myself. With my college budget and financially cautious planning, high heel splurges are the exception rather than the rule. Because of this, I try to only buy high quality shoes that fit my style and my budget--easier said than done! One thing I plan on doing is replacing the heel tips on my favorite pairs with metal tips as explained in the Shoe Repair threads here.

Sharon, thank you for sharing your style with us. I would sum it up as ultra stylish with a sense of practicality. I bet you are a formidable beauty with 33" of leg ending in an elegant heel! I like the overall look of the silver sequin heels--showstoppers are my favorites. Your partner is a very lucky lady :wavey:

Heidi, I am planning to buy block heels or stillettos, but am increasingly leaning toward the more stable of the two. I tend to buy very impractical heels and like adapting to them and feeling like I can conquer the world, lol. I guess that's why I like "braving" wet weather and snow so much. These block heels I have been looking at are something more appealing to me than I would have thought. The heel would probably last me a lot longer than heel tips, plus I purchased several heel protectors that extend the life of wider heels on a whim. Speaking of whims, your impromptu heel buys must be so much fun! When I am done with medical school (then residency...) I will have enough room in my budget for similar buys.

With all our height and heel variations, imagine how we would sound walking down the street together! We would have mine and Megan's short steps, so a faster sharp patter of stilletto heels and a softer rhythm of cowboy boots. Heidi's boots would probably sound more similar to Megan's with the great tread if it was winter but come at a slower rate due to her longer stride. Sharon would have the slowest rate of steps, sounding otherwise exactly like Heidi's. I think summer would be the most fun of all with all of us tapping away in stillettos! LOL

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Hi gang, Sangue, thank you for the noce compliments, and you're right, it would be an interesting sound, us walking together with our various leg lengths and our various heel heights and types :wavey: Megan, thanks hun. Yeah, I'm always told that my legs are probably my greatest asset, and I live in either short skirts with tights and boots or leggings over tights with boots, so either way my legs are always on show :) I'm glad to hear that you're wanting to start wearing heeled boots now. You could stick with colour, but personally I would start with a classic black leather knee boot with either a 2.5 or 3" block heel. They're timeless, and can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion and outfit. They can also give the illusion of making you look taller, not just because of the heel but also they can make your legs appear longer, especially if you wear black opaques with them. Anyway, I'm just finishing work, so best be getting on. Look forward to hearing from you as always. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Everyone, My internet just crashed as I was posting, so here goes again. Sangue, thank you for the pictues. I think that jacket is a bit too masculine for me, though I did always used to wear my fringed jacket on days when I had playground duty. Fringes get you noticed, and children are impressed by that kind of thing. I think you got the sound of us a bit wrong. We'd go clipclop clipclop padsquelchpadsquelch clip squelchclip squelch pad pad pad etc. Thank you, too, for your advice. I think I agree with Sharon here though. I think a snug black knee high boot might elongate my legs. Think I'm still more tempted by a wedge with a bit of platform, though, rather than a block heel. Three inches can be quite a challenge for me. And I can still wear coloured opaques and other coloured shoes. Sharon, Have you ever seen Pretty Woman, where Julia Roberts character says she can wrap eighty inches of leg around him? Eighty inches!? With three legs I still couldn't reach that. Anyway, my legs haven't really been seen for years. Not much to show. I don't complain, though, as the things that people envy us for are rarely unconditional blessings, like for you buying jeans, I'm sure. For me it's my hair. I've got masses of red hair, which I've never cut or done anything to. I suppose it is quite striking, but I'm not so fond of it when I wash it. I've got green eyes too. My dad used to say it was the look of Celtic princess. I don't know about that, but it's starting to show signs of needing help and I don't know whether to, or whether to let it take its course. I guess your legs won't ever get shorter. Neither will mine for that matter lol. Heidi, I'm so keen to know how your performance went at the weekend. Hope to hear from you all soon, Regards Megan

Megan: Lol, yeah a man's jacket is not at all your style! I just meant it's interesting what people can do with unique materials (I wish the Project Runway challenge would have been to design for women instead of that 70's theme group.

As for shopping, I have learned to really love shopping when I can find something in my size (e.g. at Victoria's Secret, The Limited, thrift stores, etc.). I almost never wear jeans, they just seem so coarse and warm. I know lots of girls that stress of the perfect pair of jeans, but I don't because my husband has an eye for clothing that fits like a dream. Sometimes he just brings something home and it is exactly what I want, even when I didn't know I'd want it!

Green eyes? Wow, striking! I would love to do your eye make up Megan!! Haha I have brown eyes myself and love to wear eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger. I am kind of a snob about it because I have surgeon-steady hands so I don't mind that my busy schedule means sometimes applying eyeliner right in public. When I go out I sometimes line my eyes first in black, with a thin line starting in the middle of my top lid and thicker to the edge, then an even line on the bottom. I connect the corner of my eye from the inner corner to where the black starts in gold glitter liner and a small fleck below the lower edge. I would do yours in purple glitter liner instead of the gold! We would have to definitely use waterproof! lol

As for my heels-to-soak update, I am sort of dangerous right now as I just received a Victoria's Secret gift card. So far I don't have anything in mind and I better not spend money just yet (upcoming school expense!), but what would you all pick?

And these would be beautiful performance heels for you, Heidi! 5 inches and a well-hidden non-hooker (lol) platform! Perfect for the ski resort, but I wish they would specify if they are lined with faux fur or just have accents. Kind of neat that the fur can fold over as a cuff or stay up for versatility.

Hi gang, Megan, yeah, I have seen that film and vaguely recall that line. It was obviously an exaggeration, as in order to have that much length over both legs, you'd need to be about 7' tall! I have a total leg length of 66". I'm glad you agree with my advice regarding buying knee boots. And yes, you're right, wedges are another good option, and wearing different colour opaque tights is a great way to keep he look different. I do this all the time, and have at least a dozen different colours and quite a few patterns ie diamond, chevron, spiral etc. Sangue, I don't possess any such boots as those you mentioned. I'm assuming you mean the ones that look like knitted 'Ugg' style calf-length flat slouch boots? If so, then I have seen quite a few girls wearing such styles lately. I may get some just to get wet in, but they have a good and a bad side. The good side is that they'd get soaked very quickly, along with your socks and/or tights, but on the bad side they'll leak like a sieve and won't hold any water inside, but they should be fun to walk through deep puddles in, or step into the bath wearing :wavey: Anyway, look forward to hearing from you all as always, Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sangue, I really like the Colin Stuart over the knee platform boot on page one, the one with the studs round. Of course I would find 5" quite impossible, and I suspect it would ruin the styling to take 2 inches off. Hey ho. Megan

Hi all My son took me up to the quiz tonight. I think he feels I need looking after, bless him. I felt very proud having such a nice young man with me, but I'm biased. He's just been up to the city where my daughter is at university. So good for a mother to hear her daughter was 'trolleyed' (his word), but at least she went home with as much money as she went out with, and they took her home in a taxi. At least the boys look after her. Up to a point, Lord Copper lol. The girl whose dress I coveted last week was there, but she was wearing jeans. I don't covet them. Because we went up in his car I didn't have to dress so warm. I still had 300 denier tights and a pair of socks, my black, flat slouch (I've just learnt the word) boots, a knee length black skirt and my bottle green roll neck sweater. I wore my current favourite coat and a long stripey scarf that I knit myself, but only outdoors those two. I don't think my son was embarrassed to be with me. Sharon, I thought as much, just a good line. I doubt it would work for me when I'm on the streets lol. I saw the knitted boots Sangue was talking about. Look to me like a way to sell you ankle boots with expensive legwarmers attached. I could do that for you cheap with a bit of glue. Sangue, I think if you're going to buy boots, buy boots. I went musseling today, but I'm ashamed to say I kept as dry as I could. It was so cold, and I thought I'd freeze before I got home. I thought my hands were going to drop off, they were so blue. I wear two earrings in one ear and one in the other. I found a special one missing today,and I'm still a bit tearful at its loss. I hope I might find it in my bed, but I doubt it :'( Still, there we go. Megan x

Hi everyone,

I am currently in Quebec, a place where French is very dominant. I haven't had a chance to reply to any messages because I couldn't figure out how to use the French Windows based computer terminals at my hotel, in the library or the public access station here at the hospital research center. LOL I feel like such a klutz once I am using a non-German or non-English computer.

Megan, that is interesting to see that your daughter is a saxophonist. Do you attend her performances? Watching her perform would be a great excuse to get all dressed up in your nicest clothes as well ....... My jam session was a blast! I wore a tube top with leather mini, glossy suntan pantyhose and a pair of jet black boots with a 3" stiletto heel, one of the very rare times I wear stiletto heels, unlike the incredible Sangue who can go everywhere in them.

Sangue, what is your college campus like? Do you have to walk outdoors, in between buildings a lot? Are the paths between buildings paved or is it rugged terrain? ..... Your sense of balance must be incredible to do college in stilettos, I am so impressed! I can see why you would not need padding inside your heels as you seem like such a natural in heels. You said you are gravitating towards trying a pair of block heels to make it easier for walking on campus, what kind of block heels are you looking at?

Sangue, those Colin Stuart fur lined boots with hidden platform look GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for showing them to me, I'm going to go to the local Victoria Secret Store (If I can find one here in Quebec) to purchase a pair, I like them that much!

Sangue, as to your question of which one would I pick for your soaking, would these be the kind you like? Vivid colours and a comfortable cork bottom with the stiletto heel that you favour?

Heidi

Hi gang, Megan, yeah, you're right, if you want to stay dry in them they're not very practical, and yeah, it would be easier just to buy proper boots, and maybe wear leg warmers with them. That was a funny thought that you mentioned, about using glue to attach leg warmers to ankle boots LOL. Chat soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, I am just catching up on my messages. Megan, I noticed that you recently tried 300 denier pantyhose with socks and slouch boots. Doesn't that combination make you feel so well protected, warm and comfortable? After you get used to that, do you have a problem of not wanting to take it off when you get home and need to take a shower?

Megan and Sharon, I thought you would like those boots, lol! I would not buy them myself because, as you said, they are not "real" boots. I understand that it is more fun for you to soak shoes that hold water. I, on the other hand, like transient sprays and soakings. :wavey:

Heidi, I am glad I was closer on the mark to your style! Do you find Victoria's Secret shoes in stores in Europe? Here you can only order them through the catalog or online B) The shoes you picked were actually the ones I liked best, but I wish the platform was either 1/2" or nonexistent. As for campus, there is a lot of very harsh asphalt and concrete. I used to wear flats when I was crossing these and pop my heels back on once past these areas until I lost the flats. I really have no patience for flats shopping as I very rarely find a pair I like. Another idea I have toyed with is buying heel protecting caps or replacing my stilletto heels with metal. I think I will have to do the later because I noticed a difference in the sound and feel to my black heels with gold cut-outs and sure enough, I was down to the metal. Quebec! I took four years of French at an advanced level in high school and I am horrible conversing but can read and write pretty well in French. You're not too far away as Minnesota borders on Canada :)

Some others I like: may have already shared these, and these, although these are too precious to so much as splash!

Hi everyone Heidi. your outfit sounds wonderful. You must have blown them away on stage. What did you sing? Yes, I've been watching my daughter perform since she was eleven. As she got older and better they used to ask her to support some of the younger players. She found it tiresome sometimes. but I told her a lot of the best musicians are session musicians. Look through your albums and the same names come up over and again. The best was a few months ago when she played solo and had a whole orchestra backing her, in a lovely hall with great acoustics. I was so proud and weepy, especially when everyone stood up and applauded, but she thought nothing of it. I did dress up, but I'm afraid I can't remember what I wore. I struggle with cold feet, but I can't keep my boots on indoors as I have people who live below me and I don't think it would be very fair. But I made myself some indoor boots out of an old duvet and some old curtains. I quilted two layers of duvet between the curtain fabric and made some calf length moccasin boots out of it. They look ridiculous, but they are very warm, just like my feet are in bed. Quebec? You're certainly getting around. I'm surprised you don't do French. I thought you continental types could speak anything. Though I must admit, I came across a Polish chappy in the summer and he couldn't understand my (dreadful) German or my (even worse) Russian. I was surprised, I thought Poles would be able to speak almost anything. But you do write excellent English. We English seem to expect Germans (and Dutch) to speak English, because they normally do. I've only been to Germany once, to Stuttgart, and I was delighted to have to speak in German. I was with the same boyfriend as New York, and he only spoke English. I have very fond memories of Stuttgart. Regards, Megan

Hi Sangue, You post will have come through while I was composing mine. I should have waited. Minnesota, I can place you now. So the sea isn't a big part of your life, though you do have Lake Superior. Does that look like the sea? You didn't tell us which of the boots you fancied. I can't guess, though I'd like to know, as I suspect anything that looks good on you might sit well on me. Then I need to meet a friendly shoemaker who'll make them for me. Since I gave up work and went self employed my income is, shall we say, erratic, so I appreciate your financial situation as a student. I find the prices on the websites eyewatering. Megan

Continental types? That's an odd comment, Megan. I think Heidi means she is not as comfortable using computers that are set up in French rather than that she does not know a word of French, is that correct Heidi? If not, how fun would it be to blunder our way through on my shaky (at best) French!

Heidi, after I read your post the other day I was running late to one of my Biology classes--running in stilettos on concrete. I imagined that you would be amused and it made me laugh in spite of my haste!

How fun would

be? Heidi, Sharon, would you two wear heels for this look? I personally think the shoes she used were better off as they were, but I like
better (as usual, less platform would be nice). Cheers!

:wavey: Sangue, Oh dear, I'm mortified that I came across to you as trying to be snide. I meant to use a British phrase ironically to imply that we British are often not as internationally minded as we should be. QED. I should have been more aware of who I was writing to. Please forgive me for any unintended offence, and Heidi too. As you may have gathered from earlier posts, I struggle with the computer in English. Megan

Oh, ok. I did not take it as bad as you seem to think, sorry! Lol, goes to show how tough it is for you and I, and everyone for that matter, to express nuances without all the nonverbals you can use in face to face! On another note, I was wondering, how long did it take for your feet to go back to their normal, green-free hue after that fun soaking once upon a time?

Sangue, it took three days. I thought at the time it could have been worse. Did you get to your lecture on time? Have you ever thought of doing a marathon in stillettos? Just watching news of Whitney Houston dying. And they're already talking about her like they did Amy Winehouse. "Oh it will have been drugs etc." Pompous journalists, ha! I went out tonight, and I wore my maroon jersy figure hugging dress again. I wore black opaques, and my flat mid calf slouch boots. I thought I looked pretty good, but I do want to try more heel. I haven't seen anything that I like or anything that I can afford on the high street. Do you girls get all your shoes off the internet? Megan

Hi all, Sharon, not my best weekemd of the year. I decided to cheer myself up with a bath. I wore my maroon jersey dress, black opaques and my cowboy boots. The boots were fun. The water was only just deep enoughn to fill them, so I felt the trickle. I stood for a long time letting them fill up before I sat down It felt lovely to feel the water trickiling in. I do feel happpier,but should I? I found £50 in my account that shouldn't be there. I'm going to buy some shoes or boots with it. I'm going to be on the high street. Any recommendations or guesses on what I might get? Megan

Hi Megan (and the rest of the gang), The bath you had sounded great, and a nice choice of outfit to get soaked in. What denier were the opaque tights you wore, and did you do it with cotton or satin feel underwear on? (They both feel very different when worn soaked or worn submerged in the water.) I'm glad to hear you found £50 :wavey: Before I give you any advice on where and what to buy, please do check your account and find out where it came from, and for what reason it was deposited there. For example, if you receive any form of benefits, or council payments for housing etc., be sure that you were entitled to that £50 payment, because if the payment was made in error and is discovered, you will be legally obligated to pay it back. That being said, if you are entitled to it, then it's time to have some fun :) Last time I was in England, there was a national high street chain of shoe shops called 'Shoe Zone'. I'm pretty certain that they're still going, as I've just checked their website and that still exists. They sell some very stylish shoes and boots at extremely good prices. The average price for a decent pair of knee-length boots in one of their stores is around just £25, so with the £50 you've got you could get yourself two different pairs or, if there's one particular pair you really like the design of, then buy two pairs the same. Keep one pair in its box and put them in storage (in an airing cupboard, under your bed etc.), and wear the other pair. That way, when the pair you wear becomes worn out after a year or two, you can open the second pair and get another year or two's wearing out of them. Four years of usage for £50 I would say is a bargain. The reason I suggest buying two pairs the same is not just for the reasons I mentioned above, but more because shoe shops on the whole change their range around every three months, so if you buy a pair of boots and find yourself wearing them a lot, by the time you decide to go and buy a second pair they've either sold out of your size, or discontinued that style. Speaking of size, you'll be pleased to know that 90% of their range are sold in UK sizes 3 - 9 (the other 10% are sold in sizes 4 - 8 ). If, however, you find a really nice pair, but the smallest they do them in is a 4, then try them on anyway, as they may only be a little bit bigger than what you require, in which case just wear a pair of socks over your tights with them and they should be okay. Anyway, hope my advice will help you. Good luck, and let me know how you get on. Regards, Sharon. xx

Sound advice, Sharon. There is one pair of heels I own that are so much fun and since they are PU they hold up very well against the elements I so love to brave. They have a decent, camoflaged platform that does not stand out too much as seen from above thanks to the neutral tone. These were pretty cheap shoes that I did not think to buy more of because I did not realize how well they would hold up. They also made them in purple sueded man-made materials. I really wish I had gotten another in pewter and one in purple! I am trying not to cave in and buy boots before I go out to try on different styles. It is hard because Victoria's Secret has boots on clearance with an extra 30% off! I do buy a good proportion of my heels online, Megan, but usually I carefully scrutinize the image, or my husband does for me, to avoid the most common pitfalls. Of these, among the worst is the steeply inclined heel that provides no support and puts none of the weight on the arch and heel and all of it on the soft part of the toes. Carlos Santana is really good for making heels with the proper arch. I would have so much fun shopping where Sharon has recommended! That is quite a lot of pounds, though! To me anyways. I tend to buy my good, designer heels at less than half the price and my lesser-known/no-name heels even cheaper. I have been more spendy lately, I wonder if that has to do with my frequent visits here :wavey:. lol

post-34043-133522973264_thumb.jpg

Hi All, Thank you Sharon for your advice, both shoe-wise and financial. I know the money stuff. As it happens, I'm up in front of the beak next week for Council tax. Been there, done that. I don't think I owe it this time, though. We'll see. I'm sure we've got a Shoe Zone here. I thought it was just cheap school shoes, so I've never been in. I'll be in there tomorrow. We have a little independent shop called Shoe Shuffle.Not very good for heels, but I bet they could be persuaded.. They had some pink calf length DMs with red hearts on and a two inch heel, but they were size six. We also have a very good shoe reparer. If you catch them in time, for £20 you can put two years on a pair. Never quite the same though. Buying more than one pair is a brilliant idea. Like with all the best ideas, I can't believe I didn't think of it. Sangue, I don't know what the pound is to the dollar these days. I grew up believing £1 = about $2. I imagine that's hopelessly out of date. I imagine it was hopelessly out of date when I believed it. Once upon a time a, dollar was English slang for five shillings. Sharon and Jane aren't even old enough to remember shillings. Oh dear, I sound like my mum. Anyway, point was, twenty shillings to a pound, so used to be four dollars to a pound. How the mighty have fallen. Or risen. Or perhaps it's just a load of tosh, and shoes are what matters. I think that's probably most likely. Sharon, my underwear is all cotton. Like I said, it's been a few years. But perhaps I should push the boat out for myself. Boots first, though, I think. You're turning me into quite the scarlet woman. Regards, Megaan x