Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi everyone, Jane, Sharon, Alexa, I take it the three of you tend to work your hair dryer a lot more then I since it has to dry off your shoes as well. I hope you have high power blow dryers! Jane, the adventure with bubbles sounds fun. Have you ever purposely worn an A-line skirt knowing it can hold more air so it generates more bubbles when you go into the bath? Over the weekend, my guy friends took me mountain biking at a forest park. We were going to ride to a clearing in the middle of the forest, have a mini picnic and come back to the parking lot, get back in the SUVs and go home. The ride in was fun as was the picnic. As we were riding our full suspension mountain bikes out, it started to drizzle then it started to rain. I got pretty soaked! I had a waterproof windbreaker on but my stretch pants and my Puma trainers got totally soaked! My trainers got slippery as well so the grip on the pedal was not so good but now I know what you guys are talking about when you mention that your trainers got all wet! Got to RUSH back to work now LOL Heidi

Hello Heidi, Jane and Alexa, Heidi, did your trainers get so wet that you could pour water out of them? Were you wearing just socks, or tights, or both? Did your feet squelch in them when you walked? As for using my hair dryer on my wet shoes and boots, I tend not to need it, as soaking wet trainers can be put on a cool tumble dry cycle and are bone dry within just two hours. With my leather knee boots, fur-lined Ugg boots, courts and pumps, I just put them on the tops of my radiators and they're completely dry by the next day :) Jane, the skirt you wore sounds quite nice, and the thick socks you have in preparation definitely sound worthy of a soaking. I'd still recommend wearing them over a pair of opaque tights though. By the way, the word 'apologist' is a real word (as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary). With regards to the warm weather, the weather here in southern Germany is also very good at the moment for this time of year, so it looks like a few more fully-clothed swims in my outdoor pool this week. I usually have the pool drained, cleaned and covered on October 1st, but if the warm weather keeps up I may move that date back another week to make the most of it. After that, there'll be no more fully-clothed swims until at least April 1st next year. Anyway, hope you're all well, and loook forward to hearing from you all again soon. Sharon. xx PS Jane, thanks for the p.m, and hope to hear from you there soon.

Hello Heidi, Jane and Alexa, Heidi, I know what you mean with being busy. I've had a hectic week myself. I did however take advantage of this abnormally warm weather on Friday and go for a fully clothed swim in my work clothes after work :) I ran down the garden and jumped in the deep end of the pool wearing a pair of 3.5'' chunky heel black leather knee boots, 140den navy blue opaque tights, cream satin blouse with a navy blue pencil skirt and jacket. Oh and a satin bra and panty set :) It was very refreshing, and felt fantastic! Anyway, hope to hear from you all again soon. Enjoy the weekend. Sharon. xx

I thought that opportunities for outdoor water fun were over for the year, but this last weekend has proved me wrong. On Thursday night I set off for a long weekend in my hidey hole (or rather my friends’ hidey hole) in Wales, so I was able to spend all of Friday pottering around the garden in the glorious sunshine. The first thing I noticed was that my wellingtons were still a bit damp inside from my previous visit about three weeks previously. It was so warm outside that my thoughts soon turned to water play. Recent rains had filled their rainwater tank up to the brim, and whilst it was a little murky, a quick test with my fingers revealed it wasn’t too cold. I sat on the edge and cautiously lowered a foot in, and savoured the chill of water rushing into my wellington. I quickly swung the other foot over the side and jumped in. I was wearing shorts made out of cut off jeans that came to about mid-thigh, and I soaked them up to the waistband, spending a few minutes wading about in the rainwater. I got out and tipped my willies out by holding each of my legs up behind me in turn, and carried on with my gardening, squelching up and down in the sunshine. At first there were rivulets of water running down my legs from my sodden shorts, and the water soaked into my top too, but it was so warm that, combined with my physical work, I dried out fairly quickly. We had a grocery delivery around mid-afternoon and by the time the delivery man turned up you couldn’t tell I’d been wet at all – I was still a little damp round the waistband, but nothing that showed. I did however refill my wellies a couple of times over the course of the day. They’d got muddy inside through my wearing them for gardening – fragments of soil, grass clippings and the like – so filling them and tipping them out a few times helped clean them up nicely. By early evening when I came indoors my feet were lovely and soft too – almost as if I’d had a pedicure - and not wrinkly! So whilst it was only jeans and wellies rather than any more exotic fashions, I’ve had a last little outdoor fling in the water, thanks to our Indian summer weather. It’s surely going to be the last time this year, so I made the most of it.

Glad to hear you’ve been making the most of the weather too Sharon. I really like it when I can wear the shoes or clothes ‘til they dry out, but you really need warm weather for that. I doubt if I’d have the patience to blow things with a hair dryer – it would take ages. I did try drying a skirt out with the hot air hand dryer in a washroom once, but it took quite a while! I find it best just to wear things if I can, or hang them out or put them in the dryer or on a radiator.

Alexa

Hi Alexa, jane & Heidi, Wow Alexa, sounds like you had fun :) I love totally filling my wellies. Such a lovely feeling! Do you ever do it with thick socks for extra squishyness, or always just bear feet in your wellies? Must have felt great getting in that water tank. I would have ducked down and completly soaked my bra and top(s) and then worn the whole outfit wet until it dried on me :) Anyway, hope you get a few more chances for a soaking before the warm weather breaks. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, It is 10pm here but I finally have a few moments to myself. Work has been super busy. So good to see Sharon & Alexa here again. Hope Jane's schedule frees up soon. Regarding my mountain biking adventure in the rain with my guy friends and one other girl, I was wearing ankle socks and Puma sneakers. It got very soaked, as did my stretch pants. As I was pedalling towards the very end of the ride, we were pushing hard to get out of the rain. I could see water squirting out the holes at the side of my Pumas, the holes were initially designed for ventilation but now they were for getting water out of my shoes. However, water was getting into my shoes almost as fast as it was squirting out, due to the heavy rains. When I got home, I had to literally peel my wet pants off, just like peeling a peel off a banana. Was I ever wet that day. It sounds like everyone had fun with the recent bout of warm weather. Alexa, getting wet in rain water in wellies in Wales? Wetting yourself up to your waistband while at your friends place? Good thing you dried out before the delivery man came ...... I can just imagine if he arrived and you had wet spots on your clothing. He might miss out on a few wet spots but if there was a wet spot right in the middle of your jeans shorts between your legs, well, some guys just might get ideas (joking!) Sharon, your swimming outfits are getting very unique. Lingerie underneath a prim and proper outfit along with high denier pantyhose and knee high boots? ..... I take it once you finish your swim in the pool, you peel everything off for a shower at home? Does it feel very good to get into dry clothes after that adventure? Heidi

Hello Heidi, and Alexa and Jane. Heidi, yes I like to swim with all different kinds of outfits, shoes or boots. Sometimes smart expensive clothes, other times sporty, casual, smart-casual etc. I love the way different clothes and shoes feel to swim in :) As for showering, after a swim, I go indoors and have a warm shower still fully clothed and with my boots or shoes on, then when ive washed my hair, I get undressed with the shower still running. After im done, I get dressed into clean dry clothes, and put my wet outfit in the washing machine. Yes, it does feel nice putting on clean dry undies, tights, skirt or leggings, tops after a swim, and clothed shower :) Anyway, great to hear from you as always. Look forward to your next reply. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Sharon, your fully clothed showers do sound interesting. Do you ever rub bubble bath or body wash all over your clothes and tights to get the bubble effect? ....... I was also wondering, do your tights and boots keep you warm at all when wet? I have been so busy lately, I missed an event I think Sharon, Jane & Alexa would love - Oktoberfest! I love the performances, dances, music and party atmosphere there but due to work being extremely busy, I haven't been able to stop by Thereisienwiese in Munchen. With all the bubbly beer there, I think the three of you would probably have plenty of opportunities to drench your heels, although it might not be water, it would probably be beer LOL ...... Sharon, you are in Munchen, are you anywhere near Ludwigsvorstadt Isarvorstadt? Did you get a chance to go there and get drenched in beer? Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Alexa and Jane), Heidi, I'm living and working in Germany, but I'm originally from England, U.K. I haven't been here long, and therefore I'm not yet familiar with where lots of places in Germany are. I'm in Au Haidhausen, south east central Munich. Anyway, as for your questions to me regarding bubble bath and shower gel, yes, I have used bubble bath in the past, but not often these days as I like to see my clothes under the water when I have a bath. As for when I'm having a shower, yes, I have frequently rubbed shower gel and/or shampoo into my wet clothes to get them all lathery and bubbly. I then shower it all off before undressing and rinsing myself off properly. As for your question about "do wet boots and tights keep my feet and legs warm, yes. If I go into cold water, like an unheated pool or a lake, it's obviously cold to start with, but my feet and legs warm up literally within five minutes of exiting the water. Even wind doesn't get through my thick wet tights. Any water left in my boots or shoes doesn't take long to warm up either, due to my body warmth. Anway, lovely to hear from you, and hope to hear form you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Sharon, if you are in Munich next year when Oktoberfest is around, you might want to check it out. It is a great excuse for you to do up your makeup, put on hot dresses or Bavarian dresses, colourful pantyhose and high heel boots. You get to sing, dance, party, see performances and wet yourself with a lot of alcohol :) The hard part is trying to walk in your high heel boots after consuming a lot of alcohol hahaha As for rubbing bubble foam & shower gel on your clothes, pantyhose and boots when showering, do you find your clothes have the same scent as your shower gel and bubble foam? If your shower gel was bubble gum flavour, does your tights become bubble gum flavour too? ..... If so, well, your bf might enjoy that :) Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Alexa and Jane if you're reading),

Yeah, I should be here next year :) so I'll definitely check it out next time around.

With regards to your question about the bubble bath or shower gel when rubbing it into my wet clothes, yes, the scent of whatever I use does make the clothes, and even my boots if I'm wearing Ugg-style fur-lined suede ones, smell the same. However, it doesn't last, for once I've taken them off the whole outfit goes in the washing machine, after which it just comes out smelling freshly-laundered :) As for my bf liking this, that would be a little difficult as I have a gf. I'm bisexual, but tend to lean more towards other women. I wasn't sure if I'd mentioned this to you before, but anyway, now you know :silly: Hope this revelation doesn't change our friendship.

Anyway, hope you're having a lovely weekend, and hope to hear from you again soon.

Sharon. xx

Hi everyone I have no real excuses other than working long hours and basically being very naughty and not having visited this site! Been a dry spell literally for me on the wet feet front. No further experiences and I still haven't tried the wet trainers, sorry Sharon. Though sounds like Heidi beat me to it! :) Other than wet, how did it feel Heidi? It has definitely turned a lot cooler this last week so I'm in tights all the time now though still not boots. Always tend to avoid boots unless I absolutely have to. Wearing boots means some opportunities for wet feet get missed... though will wear them to work one day just to try out filling them up like Sharon does. I am sure the other ladies feel the same Sharon but why should what you have said affect any friendship in anyway? Certainly makes no odds to me wotsoever so I certainly hope we can continue to chat and be friends. :) Looking for naughtier ways to get my feet wet... was thinking of walking into the shower at my gym with heels on but not sure that would be easy to explain... Hope everyone is well and that all have had a great weekend. Jane x

Hi Jane (and Heidi and Alexa), Thanks Jane for what you said about it not affecting our friendship in any way. That means a lot to me :) As for walking into the shower at your gym wearing heels, sounds like a fun thing to do. If anyone asks, you could say they were so comfortable you forgot to take them off!! LOL Anyway, sorry this post is short and sweet. Hope to hear from you all again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to chat Sharon, Jane, Alexa. Jane, in response to your question of what it feels like to get wet, I'd have to say it felt strange. Everything felt so moist and my feet felt cold from the rainwater. It felt very different from hot bath water. I know you are trying to wear sandals as much as possible to give yourself an opportunity to get wet. I am trying to do the opposite LOL. I am wearing two pairs of pantyhose, one pair of thick wool socks and a pair of knee high boots with 3" heels today. I had them on at work and it was such a long day at work that I got home not too long ago and am too tired to wrestle them off for my evening shower, at least not yet. Plus I have gotten so used to having warm feet, I am afraid to remove my boots for fear my feet would get cold, very silly, I know! Sharon, your orientation does not bother me at all. Of course we are all still friends :) How do your female friends like the fact that you wear boots and thick tights a lot? Do they mind that you are usually very well covered up? ........... Some of the guys I know love bare legs and go crazy when I am all covered up in not just one pair of pantyhose but sometimes two pairs along with socks and tall boots. I always tease them that with me, there is no easy access LOL Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Jane and Alexa too), Heidi, thanks for what you said regarding my orientation :) It's good that in this day and age people are so open and understanding about these things. As for my other female friends, they're always complimenting me on my fashion and dress sense, although they are often amazed at how I can wear 100+ Denier opaque tights with knee-length boots even in the height of summer, when temperatures are typically around 25C. To be honest, it even surprises me. I think my body has just become accustomed to having the tights on, and therefore I must automatically adjust my body temperature accordingly, as I've never got too hot and had to take them off halfway through the day. My feet do often get rather hot in the boots, but that's nothing a little cool water poured inside my boots can't fix :) Anyway, must get on, as I'm at work and I should really be doing some actual work LOL Hope to hear from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hihi Sharon, Jane, Alexa, I have to say Sharon, I too absolutely adore your style! I find the look of pantyhose makes my legs look flawlessly smooth which I love plus they tease as it makes others wonder what I am hiding underneath. Tall boots make me look confident and also triggers others imagination of what is underneath the leather. It is especially good for you since you might have two looks. The dry look which will be one colour and the wet look, which will transform your entire outfit into another colour even though it is the same set of clothes :) Do your female friends prefer that you wear pantyhose or do they prefer stockings, which go only up to your thighs? It is a mere 8C over here in northwest Germany today. Thus today, I wore a sweaterdress to work along with a pencil skirt, three pairs of pantyhose and a pair of thick wool socks inside my knee high fur lined boots with 3 inch block heel. All this padding allows me to wear higher heels as I can have more padding without overheating. Guys I believe hate this look as I am all covered up and expose no skin but how I do like to tease *wink* Heidi

Hello Heidi, and Jane and Alexa,

Heidi, thanks for complimenting me on my dress sense and the the type of outfits I like to wear.

Yeah, you're certainly right about the two different looks between wet and dry. For example, a few months back in the summer, I went in my pool wearing black four-inch-heel leather court shoes with deep-red 140 Denier opaque tights and a light beige skirt suit. I was also wearing a fairly dark red satin blouse. When I came out of the water, my tights were a kind of crimson colour (almost like red wine coloured) and my skirt and jacket looked more like brown than beige. The dark red blouse looked nearly black!

As for my female friends, they like me wearing opaque tights as, being 5'10" and very slim, I'm very leggy, so tights really emphasise my legs :) As for stockings, I don't really care for them too much, as it seems their only real purpose is to please men (obviously I'm not looking to do that) LOL. Also, they don't really have any practical use, as they're always sheer, never more than 20 Denier, they're expensive and they ladder really easily! Also, I would always feel like I'm missing something, as I'm used to the feel of my tights being over my panties and up to my waistline.

Anyway, hope you're having a nice weekend, and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Heidi and Alexa Heidi, so glad you finally soaked your feet - though doesn't sound like you were a big fan of it. :) Maybe you should have gone cycling wearing heels... now there's a thought. Great story about your pool and red tights Sharon, I love it. May get some red tights myself as they must really look wet when soaked. Not sure if everyone has noticed but the grass in the mornings is absolutely soaking... so before work Friday I decided to walk around my little patch of lawn (quite long cos I've been lazy and not cut it) while having my coffee... I was wearing black tights and ballet flats... it took no more than 4 scuffing footsteps and my shoes were completely full of water... obviously I didn't stop and kept strolling round til I'd finished my coffee. My feet were freezing cos it was a cold morning but it still felt great. I slipped off my shoes and even spent a few seconds walking round in just my tights - obviously to get another good look at my wet painted toes! ;o) I then quickly hosed my feet off as they were covered in grass and dirt, slipped into my trainers and drove to work. Sadly they were dry by the time I got to work but I plan on doing the same tomorrow morning... went to work feeling a little naughty... probably need to be a little more adventurous with what shoes I wear though. :) Hope everyone has had a great weekend. Can't believe it has gone so quickly again. Jane X

Hi Jane, and Heidi and Alexa, Jane, yeah, I'd certainly recommend getting some red tights, or indeed any other colour like green, brown, grey, purple, royal blue etc., as it is a lot of fun getting all these various different colours wet :) I can totally relate to what you said about your ballet pumps. I love the way they fill up with water so quickly and easily. I've deliberately worn mine for walks out in the rain to see how many puddles I can walk through and how many times I can repeatedly fill my shoes in one walk :) I usually tend to wear thick tights with them, as they hold plenty of water, not to mention that lovely squishy, squelchy noise my feet make when wearing them :silly: Anyway, hope you've had a nice weekend and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Jane! Hope to see you soon Alexa. Sharon, I couldn't agree with you more regarding thin stockings not feeling quite right! When wearing a skirt, stockings leave me feeling very exposed. With thick pantyhose or double layered thick pantyhose, I at feel like I am covered up and not going to be showing myself off everytime I bend down. I love wearing skirts and autumn / winter is another reason pantyhose is better then stockings. It helps prevent my private parts from frostbite :) Jane, Sharon, do let us know what different colour tights look like when they get wet! Jane, you sound like you had fun walking across wet grass in the morning! I had a similar experience. I was walking to work in my knee high boots with 3" heel over the lawn of my client's office. As I reached the front entrance,my black boots were all covered with wet grass! I was super glad the leather boots were waterproof as there was droplets of water all over them as well. I went into the restroom and used a wet paper towel to wipe off all the wet grass so I could at least look professional for my business meeting. I'm still working really hard to keep my feet warm and dry LOL Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Jane and Alexa), Heidi, it's nice to see you share my style of dress sense. As I've mentioned before, I live in opaque tights. I honestly cannot remember a day in at least the last five years (or more) that I didn't wear a pair. Like you, I also wear skirts the majority of the time, especially for work, usually slightly above the knee length, fairly tight pencil skirts with opaque tights and, usually, knee-length boots, or high-heeled courts if the weather is very warm. When I'm at home or on days off, I have found another very comfortable option is to wear a pair of opaque tights, and then put a pair of classic black cotton and lycra leggings on over them, with knee boots or my tan-coloured Ugg fur-lined calf boots, a fitted stretch tee top with a zip-through top, jumper or hoodie. The outfit is both practical and very comfy, and also very cosy and warm on these colder Autumn and, soon, Winter days to come :) Have you tried wearing leggings over your tights? I think it feels great, and it removes the necessity to wear socks in your boots, although you may want to wear socks over your tights, as I know you like plenty of padding if you wear high-heeled boots. Anyway, best get on, as once again I'm on here while I should be working. Hope you're all having a good week, and hope to hear from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon and Heidi I do understand what you are saying about wearing thicker tights... but still definitely more of a thinner tights wear myself. I have bought a couple of more colourful pairs though - thick too. So that's me sorted for a shower one evening... :) Got a bright red and bright blue pair... should be nice and dark when wet. Did the wet grass thing again this morning. Begrudged to cut it now cos I am quite enjoying my early morning walks around it. Wore tan coloured tights this morning with the same black ballet flats as last week. Kept them on the whole time and enjoyed the squelching today... even kept them on to hose my feet and shoes off when I had to go in. When I did take them off for a quick hose off I found bits of grass and dirt had somehow got on the inside of the tights... just peeking now and they are still there! Gross or what? People will think I don't wash! ;o) Hope everyone is having a good day. :) Jane X

Hi Jane, Glad to hear you bought some thicker coloured opaques. What Denier are they, and are they of a nice quality with plenty of Lycra? With regards to your wet tan tights and ballet pumps, am I right in thinking that you went to work with them on and kept them on all day? If so, good on you :) I usually find that even in cold weather, if I go out with wet tights and shoes or boots on, my feet generally warm up in them in less than half an hour. I went out once back in the summer with wet trainers and wet tights on, and by the end of the day my tights were only a tad damp and my trainers must have been at least 90% dry! Well, must get on, look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon & Jane, Sharon, I wouldn't say I like your sense of dress, I love it is more like it! Just like you, I am almost always found in one if not two or more pairs of pantyhose. When you wear jeans, do you wear pantyhose underneath? As you know, I sometimes perform. When singing on stage, I love to go for super sexy outfits, including tube top, mini skirt combinations. When I do that, I like to wear two pairs of pantyhose, partially for padding with heels but also to prevent people from getting a peek up my skirt as the stage is elevated from the audience and the people sitting near the front might get more then an eyeful if I do not wear opaque pantyhose under my mini skirts. Sharon, you mentioned that you wear classic black cotton and lycra leggings over your opaque pantyhose. Are those footless leggings? ........ I actually do not own any footless pantyhose as I love to wear high heels and need the padding inside my boots so my high heel boots are more comfortable. Have you ever tried wearing double layer pantyhose and a pair of thick socks inside your high heel boots? If not, you might want to give it a try, it is soooooooo much more comfortable that way! Jane, it looks like you are about to have some fun with coloured pantyhose! Red and blue sound delicious .......... It was interesting to note that when you wanted through the grass in your thin sheer pantyhose, grass actually got inside. Were you going to work when you crossed the grass? Did the grass get all prickly inside your pantyhose at work? ........ It must have been hard to hide the grass inside your pantyhose so your co-workers didn't get strange ideas of what sort of kinky thing you and your bf were up to that got grass inside your pantyhose LOL Heidi

Hello again Heidi, Thanks for the lovely compliment on my dress sense :) In answer to your questions, yes, when I wear jeans I always wear tights under them, be it either with my skinny jeans or my tight, fitted but bootcut at the ankle ones. As for your other question regarding my leggings, yes, they are the classic footless full ankle-length cotton and lycra ones. What I tend to do is to put on a pair of my 140 Denier opaques (which obviously have feet) and then put the black leggings on over them, and finally put on a pair of either leather knee-length boots or my tan suede leather Ugg calf-length boots. I find it very comfortable, and much warmer than just leggings on their own, as the wind can't cut through them. As for your last question, yes, if I'm not wearing leggings over tights, and wearing a skirt instead, and it's a cold day, then I have often worn two pairs of tights together. If I'm wearing knee boots I don't wear the socks, but if I'm wearing my fur-lined Ugg boots then I often wear soft cotton ankle socks or thick, cosy slouch socks over my tights in them. Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. I'm off to pour myself a drink now and watch some TV. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Thank you for such a prompt reply! When I wear pantyhose under my skinny jeans, I find that the nylons help my skin tight skinny jeans slide on much easier then if I had to slide them on over my bare legs. Ditto for getting my skinny jeans off. Do you find that pantyhose helps with getting your jeans on and off as well? I take it that when pantyhose is wet, it tends to act like glue and not let your skinny jeans come off? I see you are very logical, double layering your pantyhose or a pantyhose/leggings combination only when it is very cold. Since I love to wear high heels and need padding for the heels, I double layer my pantyhose often. Today, I wore a nice skirt suit to work along with two pairs of thick black pantyhose, a pair of thick wool socks and a pair of leather fur lined knee high boots with a 3.5" block heel. All that padding made walking in these heels much more comfortable but it is almost 10pm at night and I still have my boots, wool socks and double layer pantyhose on! Everytime I unzip my boots, cool air gets in and I want to zip them back up again as I am so used to having hot legs. Hmm .... I still need to take my shower before bed tonight ...... Heidi

Hello Heidi (and Jane and Alexa if reading), With regards to your question about putting on and taking off very tight jeans being easier when wearing tights, I can say with a hundred per cent certainty, yes. If I'm wearing skinny jeans or jeggings (denim-look jeans style leggings) I usually wear a pair of silky satin 40 or 50 Denier opaques, as this makes putting them on so much easier. Even aligning the seams on the inside legs of jeggings is a muich faster and more simple process than trying to do it on just bare legs :) I also find it much more comfortable, as like I may have said in a previous post, I'm so used to wearing tights for around the last 30 years that I just don't feel dressed without them, kind of like wearing a top and jumper, but not bothering to wear a bra. If I did that, I woldn't feel properly dressed on my top half either. As for your other question about when tights are wet, it certainly makes leggings and jeggings feel much more clingy, and therefore yes, they do feel kind of glued in place. As for the end of your last post, am I detecting that you're starting to have thoughts of finding out what it's like to have a shower with your skirt, double-layered tights, socks and knee boots on? If so, I highly recommend it :) I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience. Anyway, look forward to your reply. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon and Heidi I did it again this morning. Sorry, you are probably bored of me repeating the same experience each day but I'm really enjoying this condensation on the grass. Weird I know, but managed to wear flip-flops with my black tights this morning - was worried I would stick my toes right through the tights but all was well. Strolled around again for quite a while with my coffee and looking at my saturated feet and toes. Washed them off again with the hose but maybe spent a bit too long out there today and had to stand in the shower and hose my feet to warm them up - still wearing my tights obviously! :) As I was dressed for work the temptation to have a full on shower was strong but I would have been in trouble had I been late. Sharon, I hadn't worn the same shoes all day - I nearly always drive in trainers and then change into some court or peeptoe shoes once I have got into work. My ballet flats sat at home feeling sorry for themselves - lonely and lost without my warm, wet feet in them! ;o) No reason why I couldn't drive in them though so will do that next week and stay in them all day. :) I will try out my new thick tights this weekend. Maybe even finally get in the bath with thick socks and trainers on them too as I still haven't managed that despite my assurances I would give it a go. Heidi, I agree with Sharon, there seems to be a hint of "think I should try it" in your last post. Come on, give it a go. :silly: Make sure it's a pair of boots that won't be harmed by the water, keep the double layer of tights and socks on and have a bath or shower. As Sharon says, you will love it. Nothing beats that wet squelchy feeling around your feet when your footwear is full of water. I know you are trying to avoid it but just once for Sharon and me...? :) Apologies if there are lots of typos... using my phone as all web access at work is logged... Oh... my feet are dry... I feel a trip to the water machine coming on a few drops (or more!) into my heels. :P Jane X

Hi there,

I‘ve not been in here lately I’m afraid, because I have nothing to report. No playing with water, no paddling or splashing in fountains. I haven’t even bought any new shoes for a few weeks. I’ve just glanced through the last few posts on this thread. And it’s good to hear you’re still finding opportunities to play with water, Sharon and Jane. I hope Heidi takes the plunge (as I were) soon! Since I’ve got nothing to report myself, here’s a picture to get you in the mood

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vlsergey/4841963272/in/photostream/

In fact, check out this guy’s photostream – loads of pictures of young people playing in and around a public fountain in Moscow. Positively mouthwatering!

I’m still intending to climb in the shower with my partner with my clothes on one of these days, and I’ll describe it on here when I do.

Alexa