Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi everybody Just a fleeting visit to report a wet feet experience - my first in ages! It is horrible down on the south coast today, nothing like Scotland I know, but really windy and wet. Was wearing my black peeptoes with tan coloured tights. Walking to the supermarket at lunchtime meant walking with the wind and rain behind me, but walking back meant walking into to. When back at work the fronts of tights (and for that matter skirt and coat) were really damp. It only really showed on my tights though and my toes were quite soggy. Sorry, nothing major but I'm sitting here drying them off now and wiggling my damp toes! :smile: Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend. Jane X

Hi Jane (and the rest of the gang), Jane, nice to hear from you again. I haven't had any wet shoe/boot fun for a few weeks now. Mind you, it's Friday tomorrow, and I won't need my work boots or clothes until Monday, so I may do a fully clothed bath tomorrow :smile: If so, I'll post about it over the weekend. Speaking of weekends, hope you all have a great one. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon (and everyone) It's terrible isn't it, what's wrong with us all!? ;o) Other than the cold weather of course! Yesterday was my first wet experience in ages and it wasn't exactly a soaking. Might also try for a fully clothed bath this weekend and will also let you know. :smile: Jane x

Hi Jane (and the rest of the gang), Jane, yep, I'm definitely going to have a fully clothed bath later today. I was going to wear my skirt suit, opaque tights and leather knee boots, but I've changed my mind, and instead will change into my black fur-lined Rocket Dog calf boots, grey marl slouch socks over my 140 denier black tights, black classic leggings worn over the tights, cotton panties and bra with a form-fitted tee top and my pink hoodie. Should be lovely. Jane, if you're planning a fully-clothed bath, what do you plan to wear (in detail)? Look forward to hearing from you in due course. Sharon. xx

Hey Sharon,

Rocket dog fur lined calf boots? Those babies will soak up water like a sponge if you put them in a tub!!

Now that winter has arrived, I am really bundling up. I am on a business trip in Norway at the moment. At the research lab where I am working, along with my white lab coat and sweater dress I wear under the lab coat, I wore 3 pairs of thick pantyhose along with a pair of thick socks and knee high leather boots with a plush fur lining on the inside. The boots are waterproof so I am staying 100% dry, the exact opposite of what will happen to Sharon as she soaks in the tub with her Rocket Dogs.

Heidi

Hi Jane (and the rest of the gang),

Jane, yep, I'm definitely going to have a fully clothed bath later today. I was going to wear my skirt suit, opaque tights and leather knee boots, but I've changed my mind, and instead will change into my black fur-lined Rocket Dog calf boots, grey marl slouch socks over my 140 denier black tights, black classic leggings worn over the tights, cotton panties and bra with a form-fitted tee top and my pink hoodie. Should be lovely.

Jane, if you're planning a fully-clothed bath, what do you plan to wear (in detail)?

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Sharon. xx

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang), Heidi, you're certainly right. I had the bath on Friday evening. It was lovely. I stepped in and stood there, and within around five seconds I suddenly felt my feet get really warm with the water as it came in everywhere and soaked through my thick grey slouch socks and the 140 denier black tights I was wearing. I then sat down, and my legs went under the water. It went through my leggings, tights and panties in what felt like an instant. I then lay back, soaking myself completely through to my bra. The whole outfit felt fantastic. I'm probably going to do the same again this Friday, but in a different outfit. Oh yeah, up until recently my thickest opaques have been my 140 denier ones, but last week a friend of mine in England sent me two pairs of - wait for it.... 300 denier!! Black matt opaque tights. I was amazed, as I never knew such a high denier existed. Being as I always wear tights, I couldn't wait to try them on, and I must say, they felt gorgeous! They felt as thick as leggings, but with feet. I've asked her to send me some more, as they are one of the cosiest and most comfortable pairs of true winter opaques I have ever worn! Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, It sure sounds like you had a relaxing experience in your Rocket Dogs! If you want a really soggy experience, another kind of boots you should try are Tecnica moon boots. I wore those when I was at a winter ski and snowboard resort. They are calf high boots with a thick, bouncy foam lining. Extremely warm when dry and when wet, these boots will most likely absorb more water then any other piece of footwear you currently own! If you ever get a pair, you can wear them for a while with your high denier pantyhose, when your feet are hot, go soak them in the tub and relax them in water. I believe to you, that might be a very enjoyable experience :smile: Sharon, you the BEST pantyhose ever! 300 denier! I have heard rumours of such pantyhose being mentioned on fashion television and in magazines but I never thought they were actually manufactured and sold to the general public. Are they really comfortable? Do they feel very rip resistant? Did you try layering them? What colour and pattern did you get yours in? Today at the office, I have on three pairs of pantyhose under my boots as well. One pair is 100 denier while the other two pairs are only 40 denier. Heidi

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang), Heidi, I haven't heard of those boots before but they sound lovely. How much do they cost, and do they do them in my size, EUR 42 (size :smile:? As for my tights, I haven't tried layering them yet, as they already feel thick enough. They feel indestructible, very soft and comfortable with a smooth matt finish. The ones I have are black; I'm not sure if they do any other colours. I'll have to ask my friend who got me them. They came from the UK supermarket 'ASDA', which is the UK arm of the American hypermarket chain 'Wal-Mart', and cost 4GBP per pair. I'm going to be getting her to send me over another two or three pairs. If you Google search ASDA UK, you'll find their website, where you'll be able to search the ladies' clothing department for them. However, I'm not sure if they'll do international delivery or not, as I haven't checked myself, but it's worth a look. They come in a purple card packet with black writing saying '300 denier thermal'. Let me know how you get on. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, If you do an internet search for the term 'moon boots' I am certain you will find them. They have them in your size and will cost about 75 to 100€ depending on the size and design. I personally love the glossy pair. Next to my Uggs, they are probably my most comfortable boots! Of course, I usually either wear them at home, after a long day of wearing high heel boots, to let my feet recover from being in heels so long. The only other place I do wear them is at winter resorts. They are super cute though. I was asking around at a shopping mall for 300 denier pantyhose. I found two brands that have such high denier. One brand is Selfridge the other is Gipsy. The Gipsy ones may interest you more as I discovered they had a 'wetlook 300 denier tights' in black that makes your legs look like they are wet! I bought some 300 denier pantyhose myself and am wearing one such pair right now. They do feel indestructible compared my 40 denier ones. I love it! I am wearing it with a pair of 80 denier pantyhose over top and have them inside my leather boots with 3" heel. The padding on these pantyhose is excellent! The wool socks plus 300 denier and 40 denier pantyhose combined provides amazing cushioning to offset the high heel. The problem I have though is that I have finished work for many hours already and I can't bring myself to take them off, they feel so comfortable and so warm! Heidi

Hello again Heidi, Thanks. When I get a minute, I'll look up moon boots. I'm glad you managed to find some 300 denier opaques. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for them, and which brand you purchased? Also, what is the Lycra content of 300 deniers you bought? My ASDA ones are 96% Polyamide and 4% Lycra. I remember years and years ago, when I used to wear opaques as part of my school uniform. Back then, I wouldn't buy tights with less than 8% Lycra, as 4% wouldn't make them tight and clingy enough, and they didn't stay up very well. But these days, the technology has improved so much that, with Lycra 3D weaving and various other modern forms of nylon, 4% now is perfect. The 300 deniers I have hardly ever need pulling up at all, even when wearing for over ten hours a day. How do you find this with yours? Anyway, look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, The 300 denier pantyhose / tights I purchased was the Gipsy brand. They were 10€ each or 28€ for three. I wanted to wait until I could find the 4£ Asda ones you purchased but I couldn't find any and I really really really wanted a pair or two or umm, three. hahaha I am sooooo glad you introduced me to these 300 denier pantyhose. According to the sales person, such high denier pantyhose are only available in Europe & Asia. They are not sold in the Americas because when it gets cold over there, women prefer pants. Are you wearing your 300 denier tights today? Have you tried layering them? The packaging says mine are Nylon 96%, Elastane 4% which seem to stay up pretty well. No need to excuse myself to go to the restroom to pull them back up. I believe the elastane could be another brand name for lycra which is polyurethane-polyurea copolymer if I remember my chemistry properly. I also want to ask you, are your tights extra thick below the ankle for extra padding inside your boots? The ones I have are extra thick thus they are super ultra comfortable to wear! Heidi

Hello Heidi, I'm glad you like the 300 deniers, and I'm glad to have introduced you to them :smile: Interesting to see that yours have the same Lycra content as mine. I was wearing mine earlier, as I wore them to work today with my black leather knee boots and navy blue skirt suit. However, when I got home, I changed my outfit to my pale green hoodie with a tight top under it, and a nearly knee-length, tight denim skirt. I kept the 300 deniers on and wore them with my pink Fila platform trainers, and then, after tea, had a bath with that outfit on. It felt really nice, especially all the cushioning in my trainers teamed with such thick, soft tights :wave: I must say, they're probably my favourite tights for getting wet in now, and they had a lovely sheen to them when I lifted my leg out of the water. As for your other questions, I haven't tried layering them yet, as they are sufficiently thick; however I do wear leggings over them quite a lot, as that feels very comfortable, soft, warm and cosy and, above all, tight, which is perfect for me as I hate loose clothing. I'm fine with baggy hoodies and jumpers, but that's about the limit. As for the thickness of my 300 deniers, they are of an even denier from the toe caps all the way up to the waistband. The waistband on them looks like it's very durable, as it's an inch high and nice and stretchy, so when wearing them they don't dig in to you but they do hug you nicely, keeping them in place. They also have a decent gusset on them for added comfort and fit. Do yours have one? Look forward to hearing from you soon, and have a nice weekend. Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, I have noticed that there is another Sharon on this forum as well. I will have to be careful to look for your 'I ♥ Pink' logo to make sure I am talking to you. The navy blue skirt suit, dark 300 denier pantyhose and knee high leather boots combination sounds very sexy! I can see why you wouldn't want to get that combination wet though. The 300 denier pantyhose you got from Asda sounds like it is very high quality as well, especially if it is equally thick all the way from the waist to the toes. Regarding gussets, yes, mine has a gusset that is extra dark. I like a thick gusset as opposed to seamless pantyhose as it helps protecting my modesty when I am dancing in mini skirts. Which do you prefer, gusset or seamless? Does your gf have a preference which kind you wear? Over the weekend, I took a cruise ship that sailed the North Sea from Norway back to Germany. We had a really fun Christmas party on the cruise ship. I wore a yellow open back mini dress with two pairs of midnight black pantyhose, wool socks and a pair of knee high black suede boots with a low 2" block heel. I wanted to wear a higher heel but because of the rocking of the boat due to ocean waves, I didn't want to sprain my ankle. At one point in the party, one other girl and I started to attempt some really challenging dance moves, including doing the splits and high kicks. It was a good thing my pantyhose was dark or else I would not have dared to do such high kicks with a crowd watching. Heidi

Hello Heidi, Yeah, there is another Sharon on here, I know this because when I joined I tried using just my first name, but it said it was already taken, so I just used my name with the first letter of my surname. As for the navy skirt suit, I have got wet in that several times in the past, most often in the summer after work on a Friday afternoon, when I've got home and dived into my pool wearing it, boots and all :smile: As for your question regarding the gussets on opaque tights, I can certainly say yes, I do prefer opaques to have a gusset, although I will wear ones without from time to time. My partner is the same as me when it comes to this. Sounds like you had a great time on board that ship. Anyway, sorry this post is rather short, but hope to hear from you again soon. Happy Christmas, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, You went in the heated pool with your navy blue business suit and are still able to wear it again to work afterwards shows that your clothes are of high quality :smile: It is interesting to hear about your outfits. What did you wear to work today? The party aboard the cruise ship over the weekend was a blast. After the party was over and I got home, I was very reluctant to shower at home before going to bed as I did not want to remove my warm boots, socks and pantyhose. However, I needed to shower and unlike you, I am not quite comfortable showering with everything on, so I ended up showering and allowing my skin to adjust to normal room temperature without thick pantyhose and fur lined boots. Today, at work, I am very well wrapped up again, in a chocolate brown dress, triple layer glossy suntan pantyhose, wool socks and a pair of brown, fur lined boots with 3" heel. I have been off work for a while now but haven't brought myself to remove my clothes for a shower just yet. Heidi

Hello Heidi, My navy skirt suit is made of a polyester and viscose mix with a nylon lining to both the skirt and jacket, and is machine-washable at 40 or 50C. It can also be tumble dried on a cool setting, so whenever I go swimming with it on, I just pop it all in the washing machine on a standard wash. Thus gets rid of the smell of any of the pool chemicals. I then tumble it dry, put them on a hanger so any small creases fall out, and it is then ready if I want to wear it the next day. Most of my skirt suits are made of very similar materials, and have all had 'the pool' test - some even on first wearing and brand new! Today I wore my black leather zip-up knee boots with three inch block heels. I wore them with a pair of grey 140 denier matt opaque tights, an 18" grey pin-stripe, rather tight pencil skirt with a silvery-grey satin blouse, and jacket to match the skirt. I must say, it did look very nice, being a mixture of looking both smart, yet feminine. Anyway, must dash, hope you have a nice evening and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, Are you headed back to the United Kingdom to be with your family for Christmas & Saint Stephan's Day? What are you up to this Christmas? This week prior to Christmas is a busy but super fun one for me. Work during the day time and almost a different party or get together with friends every day after work. I get to show off all the different party dresses and different pairs of high heel boots I have in my wardrobe along with all these different patterned pantyhose. I almost always feel like I have too much clothing until Christmas time. Now I get a chance to show off everything in my wardrobe :smile: Heidi

Hello Heidi, No, I won't be going back to the UK for Christmas, as my parents are abroad in the Far East as they are retired and own property there so I very rarely get to see them at Christmas. Myself and my partner are spending the Festive days together at home, but are going to various parties on the evenings of the 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st and 1st :smile: So it's going to be a busy time. Like you, I too am looking forward to being able to show off many of my outfits, including some of my favourite tights and boots. Anyway, hope you have a great Christmas and hope to heat from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Do you mind if I ask where in the far east your parents are? ...... I absolutely adore the fashion in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Taipei as it is very different from fashion in Paris, Milan, London, Munich, Moscow. It seems Europe is more into the couture chic while the orient is more into ultra cute styles. I love the dresses and the cute boots they have over there. I would love to one day dress up in the couture style of Europe while the next day dress up in the ultra cute style of east Asia :smile: Have you travelled there before? Did you go shopping there? Is part of your wardrobe from there? As you can tell, I get excited by fashion! hahaha Heidi

Hello Heidi, As for which country they are in, I'll send you a private message about that, as I don't want to reveal that in a public area. I can say here, though, that I haven't ever visited, due to a few things: a) It would be very expensive, :smile: Getting the time off work would be difficult, and c) Probably most importantly of all, I have an intense phobia of hypodermic needles, and travel to that country requires several inoculations, which I could never bring myself to have Anyway, have a cracking Christmas, and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx P.S. Don't forget to check your private messages once you've read this.

Hello Sharon, Jane, Sangue, Alexa, Wyndi! MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! I just got back from a very very swinging red & white Christmas even dance party. The dress code was that everything we wore had to be either red, white or both colours. I wore a red Santa hat with a red & white horizontal striped t-shirt, red shorts, white pantyhose and a pair of red knee high boots with a decent height high heel. I played, I partied, I drank and I had a rocking good Christmas eve. Bedtime for me but I wanted to wish all the best here to my friends here. Btw, I might be away for a few days for the holidays after this but I will be back! Christmas hugs for everyone Heidi

Hello Heidi (and the rest of the gang if reading), Heidi, sounds like you had a great time. Red knee-length boots... Do you mind if I ask where you got them, what brand they are, and how much they cost? I have been looking for a pair of red knee-length boots, and a pair of white patent ones, both with around 3" block heels, for the last couple of years, but haven't managed to find any as yet. Anyway, sorry this is short, need to have a little lie down as I've just finished a huge Xmas dinner. Look forward to hearing from you again soon, with love, Sharon. xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sharon,

I just got back from a holiday cruise vacation. Internet access on the cruise ship was extremely expensive as it connects with a satellite internet provider thus I have been cut off from chatting with you. I missed hearing from you so much! How was your Christmas & new years holidays? What cool outfits did you wear Sharon?

If anyone else is listening, Alexa, Jane, Sangui, Wyndi, feel free to tell us about your cool holiday outfits and heels :smile:

While I was aboard the cruise ship, they had an interior sun room, where they had a huge arched concave glass window that acts like a magnifying glass to amplify the suns light into the sun room. I spent sometime relaxing in the sun room, reading a book while enjoying the warmth of the sun. I would typically wear a bikini top or tube top with mini skirt or hot pants, two layers of pantyhose and a pair of cute knee high boots with a fur ring at the top of the boots and a high heel made out of wood. When I walked on the deck, the wood heel would make a knocking sound. I was very very surprised by how many guys tried to hit on me when I dressed like that. I thought they would be paying attention to their gfs or wives instead. After a few times dressing like that, I changed. I went to the sundeck wearing a bikini top, Victoria Secret Pink sweat pants and hid my high heeled boots inside my sweat pants. The number of drooling guys bothering me diminished. LOL

I totally agree with you, finding a pair of *good* boots in red is not easy. I was shopping around local boutiques when I came across this festive pair. The brand is Michael Antonio and I got mine for 95€. I was trying to find a picture of them online and found a pair that is strikingly similar in appearance that is available at a much better price!

http://www.zappos.com/michael-antonio-baker-red

Perhaps this is the time for me to add another pair of red boots to my collection although the heels on this pair looks to be rather high.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everone.

Heidi

Hi Heidi and Sharon Quickly dropping in to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. I have had a mad few weeks so haven't been around much. Have a couple of stories to report though so will do so asap. Hope you are both well (and our other friends here). :-) Jane X

Hi everyone, Great to see you back Jane, look forward to hearing about your adventures. I also want to relay a message from Wyndi's family. She has been in an accident thus she is away from the messages board for a while but she will be back. Things have been busy since my return from holidays but I did want to mention one particular event while I was on holiday between Christmas and new years. There was a dance party and there were machines blowing soap bubbles into the air. It was very very festive with colourful holiday decorates and holiday music playing from speakers hanging on the walls. I had on a festive red party dress, had my hair done up, was wearing glossy suntan pantyhose and knee high black leather boots. After partying for a while, a section of the dance floor got a little but soapy and I noticed some soap suds on the bottom of my boots. Not wanting to slip and fall in 3 inch high heel boots, I went over to a water fountain and took turns dipping each boot into the water, all the way to my ankle. It might have been partially psychological, but I thought I felt my feet cool off after submerging my boots in water up to my ankle even though I had on 2 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of pantyhose inside my waterproof leather boots! If you were at the party with soap bubbles, I wonder what outfit Sharon or Jane would have worn and I wonder what you would have done to remove the soap from the bottoms of your heels. Hmmmm ...... Heidi

Hello again Heidi (and the rest of the gang if reading), Heidi, thanks for letting me know about Wyndi. As for your party, sounds like good fun. If I had been there, I would certainly have been wearing black leather knee boots as well, along with my 300 denier black tights and most likely a short, tight-fitting stretch denim mini skirt. As for getting rid of any soap bubbles on the boots, I would have been straight in that fountain, sitting down in it up to my waist with legs stretched out under the water, skirt, tights, panties and boots completely soaked and underwater :smile: Hmm... just thinking about that is making me want to put that on and go and run a bath LOL. As for your boots, Heidi, unless the water went to or above the base of the zip, they won't have let any in, however if you only dipped them in a bit the temperature of the cool water would have cooled the leather down, and in turn would slightly reduce the temperature of your feet. Anyway, must get on. Hope to hear from you again soon. With love as always, Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon,

As for your party, sounds like good fun. If I had been there, I would certainly have been wearing black leather knee boots as well, along with my 300 denier black tights and most likely a short, tight-fitting stretch denim mini skirt. As for getting rid of any soap bubbles on the boots, I would have been straight in that fountain, sitting down in it up to my waist with legs stretched out under the water, skirt, tights, panties and boots completely soaked and underwater :smile:

You are quite the vibrant person! I am certain you would have thoroughly enjoyed the water fountain with that adorable outfit you mentioned. Would you have gone to the ladies room afterwards to change into a dry set of clothes after some fun in the fountain or would you have continued to dance and party in wet panties, wet pantyhose, wet skirt and wet boots? ........ How high a heel would you have worn on your boots to a party like that? Would you go with just leather boots or would you go with a pair of fur lined boots?

As for your boots, Heidi, unless the water went to or above the base of the zip, they won't have let any in, however if you only dipped them in a bit the temperature of the cool water would have cooled the leather down, and in turn would slightly reduce the temperature of your feet.

I know exactly what you mean! I did NOT want to let any water in my boots at all. Getting 2 pairs of wool socks and 2 pairs of pantyhose wet would have ended the night for me. I was extremely careful to not let the water go above the base of the zippers on my boots.

I've got to ask you though Sharon, do all your boot zippers allow water in or do you have some zippers that actually can withstand water and keep water out?

Heidi

Hello Heidi, and thanks for such a quick reply. Sorry it's taken me a little while to get back to you, but lately I've only been logging in just once a day to check for replies. As for your first question, no, I wouldn't have gone to the ladies' room to change, as I wouldn't have had a spare outfit with me. I would have just continued the evening and gradually dried off (although denim skirts can take a long time, especially at night when there's no sun to help the drying process). My tights would have gradually dried on my legs, but the panties would still have been quite wet, and my feet, and the tights around them, would not have dried, as the boots would have retained some water even after hours of dancing. As for the heel height, when I go out on weekends I generally tend to wear a minimum of 2.5" block or wedge heels, but this can often be anything up to 4", as I feel most comfortable at anything between 2.5 and 4 inches. Usually for work 5 days a week I wear 2.5 - 3" block heeled knee boots, and I'm so used to them, and find them so comfortable, that I can walk in them, or be standing, for long periods of time, just like wearing ballet flats! As for your other question regarding leather vs fur-lined, I'd have to say, if I'm out partying, I always tend to favour black leather, high-heeled knee-length boots teamed with a decent pair of opaque tights and a short, tight skirt (either a tight little mini pencil skirt or a stretch denim one with fancy detail on the back pockets). When it comes to wearing fur-lined boots such as my tan Uggs or my black Rocket Dogs etc., I tend to wear these when I'm away from work or at home, out shopping etc. I usually wear them with opaque tights, with a pair of classic black cotton and lycra leggings worn over the tights, a fitted tee top and a comfy, baggy hooded top over that. It looks casual, yet nicely girlie, and is very cosy and comfy. The reasons for wearing tights under the leggings are because, a, it means I don't need to wear any socks, and b, leggings alone at this time of year don't keep the wind off my legs, yet having a pair of thick opaques under them gives me a comfortable second layer and keeps the cold out :smile: As for your last question regarding the zips on my boots, no, I've never yet found a zip that won't allow water in. Some let water in quicker than others, but if you stand in the bath or a very deep puddle etc., they will always let water in after around three to five seconds. It will go in slowly at first, and you would feel it just below your ankle-bone, then under the arch of your foot as it starts to soak your tights, then it will start to go in much faster and you would feel it run right down to your toes and quickly fill your boots to ankle depth (more so if the water is deeper). I do have some stretch pull-on style knee boots that are very conforming to the calves; as these have no zips, they do tend to be much more resistant to letting water in. That being said, I have tested this style of boot by putting it on and placing my foot in a deep-filled bucket of water, and timing how long it takes before I start to feel it coming in. The water depth is usually about 3/4 of the way up the boot shaft, and typically takes around 30 - 40 seconds before the filling process begins. So if you accidentally step into a very deep puddle wearing them, providing you stepped out again rather quickly, I think your feet and tights would stay dry. Anyway, lunch break nearly over, I'd best get back to work. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed and interesting reply!

As for your first question, no, I wouldn't have gone to the ladies' room to change, as I wouldn't have had a spare outfit with me. I would have just continued the evening and gradually dried off (although denim skirts can take a long time, especially at night when there's no sun to help the drying process). My tights would have gradually dried on my legs, but the panties would still have been quite wet, and my feet, and the tights around them, would not have dried, as the boots would have retained some water even after hours of dancing.

That would be quite interesting seeing you dressed so well in wetlook clothing. Would you have at least gone to the restroom and when no one is looking, pull open your pantyhose and use the hand dryer to blowdry your panties first so it won't be wet against your skin? ...... I am also curious, would you have also removed your boots and empty them of any water they were containing first before dancing or would you dance with your boots full of water? ...... Just between you and I, I believe it would have been very interesting to see you dance with your tall leather boots full of water :wave:

As for the heel height, when I go out on weekends I generally tend to wear a minimum of 2.5" block or wedge heels, but this can often be anything up to 4", as I feel most comfortable at anything between 2.5 and 4 inches.

I am the same as you! That is the heel height range in which I am most comfortable in as well although you can do it without padding and I use a lot of padding in the form of pantyhose and socks inside my boots. I find wedge heels are easier to walk in due to the fact they have more contact with the ground but of course, block and stiletto heels look better when I want to dress up and look great. When you mention your weekend block or wedge heels, are they courts or do you still prefer knee high boots for the weekends?

As for your other question regarding leather vs fur-lined, I'd have to say, if I'm out partying, I always tend to favour black leather, high-heeled knee-length boots teamed with a decent pair of opaque tights and a short, tight skirt (either a tight little mini pencil skirt or a stretch denim one with fancy detail on the back pockets). When it comes to wearing fur-lined boots such as my tan Uggs or my black Rocket Dogs etc., I tend to wear these when I'm away from work or at home, out shopping etc. I usually wear them with opaque tights, with a pair of classic black cotton and lycra leggings worn over the tights, a fitted tee top and a comfy, baggy hooded top over that. It looks casual, yet nicely girlie, and is very cosy and comfy.

Speaking of fur lined boots, I have two kinds. The kind I wear more is the knee high leather kind with block or wedge heel. These ones are very dress boots, the kind one can wear to the office or to a party. They look the same as regular leather dress boots, the only difference is that they have a warm, comfortable fur lining on the inside for extra padding, comfort and warmth. The other kind of fur lined boots is the Uggs or Rocketdogs which I only wear at home or when I am going out for a very casual function like going grocery shopping. Otherwise, I am almost always in my knee high, dressy, leather, high heeled fur lined boots.

The reasons for wearing tights under the leggings are because, a, it means I don't need to wear any socks, and b, leggings alone at this time of year don't keep the wind off my legs, yet having a pair of thick opaques under them gives me a comfortable second layer and keeps the cold out :smile:

The leggings over pantyhose is definitely warm and offers protection against the winter winds! If you try it with two pairs of high denier pantyhose or if you wear socks as well with the combination you mentioned, you can get more padding when you wear high heels, for extra comfort. Of course, perhaps the padding is something you don't need as you seem very good at walking in high heeled boots!

The weather here today is cool, a tad windy with precipitation. I wore a tight cowl neck cream coloured sweater dress to work along with two pairs of suntan pantyhose, two pairs of thick wool socks and a pair of fur lined, dressy, knee high, high heeled boots. I have finished work for a while now and have already finished dinner but I still have my boots on. In order to squeeze two pairs of pantyhose and two pairs of socks into these chocolate brown dress boots, I struggled a bit with the zipper to get it up. Now it seems, the zipper won't come down and I am stuck in these boots, socks and pantyhose! Mind you, I haven't been trying especially hard to remove my boots as I am a bit afraid of the cold air my feet would be exposed to since they are used to the warm, protected environment of my boots. LOL

Heidi