Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hello there again Heidi :smile: With regards to your first question, no, I wouldn't have bothered to attempt to dry any of the items I was wearing that I'd got wet in, as I like the way the wet clothes against my skin feel, especially tights and underwear, as the different fabrics all have a different feel when wet. For example, cotton/lycra panties when wet feel soft and clingy against my skin, whereas silky satin-style ones have a smooth, almost creamy feeling and sensation to them, in much the same way as shiny satin opaques vs deep matt opaques do. As for your second question, regarding dancing in soaking wet knee-length boots, no, I wouldn't have emptied them out. Let's say that I had completely submerged my legs in the fountain, so both boots were entirely underwater: when I would have stepped out, the level of water in the shaft of the boot would have drained out steadily through the base of the zip in just less than a minute, leaving only the foot parts of the boots full of water, which I would have happily danced in whilst squishing and squelching nicely, feeling the water through my thick tights and going in and out between my toes and under the soles of my feet. In answer to your third question, about heels I wear for the weekend when not at work, I do have courts, but I generally only wear those to work (and only on very, very hot days in the middle of summer). The ambient daytime temperature would have to be at least 25c before I would even contemplate wearing anything other than knee-length boots. So at the weekend, when I'm going out, I usually wear the same combination of knee boots and tights that I would wear to work, and just replace the skirt suit with a less formal skirt and top, or a tunic/dress-style top, or tunic top with leggings over tights. If it's at the weekend during the daytimes, when I'm at home or out shopping, I tend to usually wear leggings over tights, with a skinny-fit top and comfy hoodie, and wear either my Ugg or Rocket Dog flat, calf-length fur-lined boots. The only exception to this is if I'm going running or jogging, in which case the hoodie and leggings outfit stays, but I swap the boots for one of my decent pairs of trainers and wear a pair of thick slouch socks over my tights, covering the bottom of my leggings at the ankle, thus concealing my tights so it looks like I'm wearing the classic running outfit of trainers, socks and leggings. Well, best get on, as I finish work in 15 minutes, want to get home and get tea on :wave: Look forward to hearing from you again soon. All the best, Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, Different fabrics, different wet feel. I can see why you like to change things up a little when playing with water :smile: I like your running outfit. Hoodie with leggings over pantyhose, slouch socks and trainers. What distances do you like to run? ..... I take it this is your winter running outfit, how do you dress when you run in the summer? ..... Is it a big transition, going from high heeled boots to flat trainers and running in the trainers? I should try what you do, it sounds healthier. I wore a sweater dress with double layer pantyhose, thick wool socks and a pair of knee high wedge heel boots to work today. At home, I went for a workout on my treadmill. The proper thing is to change into a pair of trainers but instead, I removed my knee high leather boots. I put on a tank top, shorts and left my double layer pantyhose with socks on. I put on my comfortable moon boots and did my workout on the treadmill in those. LOL Heidi

Hello again Heidi, Regarding your question to do with running distances, I usually find around a mile outbound and a mile back. I can do further, but often it's a matter of the time available. As for your question about the running outfit, I tend to keep it the same all year round, but in the summer I sometimes swap the hoodie for a zip-through top and have it only half zipped up to allow for ventilation. I often then, upon getting home, run straight down the garden and jump into the pool (and yes, you've guessed it, with the whole lot on, trainers included). It's a fantastic way to cool off, and means that I get a swim after a running session :smile: I must be doing something right, as at 36 years old I'm still a dress size 8 (Germany size 34). I don't know many women of my age and height who are that slim, so I think the regular exercise and good diet are what's keeping me trim :wave: As for your last question, about the change from heels to trainers, no, not for me personally, but then again I do semi-cheat, as the trainers I wear are platform-soled by 2", so they feel a bit like wearing the trainer equivalent of 2" wedge heels on boots. Well, best be getting on, just received a new xbox game in the post today and want to try it out. Hope you have a great weekend, and looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Sharon. xx

Hello Sharon, You certainly are talented & athletic, being able to run 2 miles in platform trainers! I know platform trainers are a popular fashion item for walking but you are the first person I know that can run any sort of distance in them. You are athletic and have great balance. I am currently on a business trip to the United States at the moment and will not be able to get regular internet access until I return to Europe. I have brought several pairs of heels and pantyhose abroad and will fill everyone in if anything of significance takes place over here. Heidi on a business trip in America

Hello Heidi, Thank you for the kind compliments. Yeah, I find running in those trainers very easy. This may be because I can run in 3 or 4" block-heeled knee boots (obviously I wouldn't go out running wearing them, but there have been times when I've been out and had to sprint to catch a bus in such boots, and find it remarkably easy, maybe because I keep the weight on my toes). Anyway, hope the business trip goes well, and look forward to hearing from you in a week or two, when you return. One last thing: while you're away, could you not buy a PAYG U.S. SIM card with a data allowance and use your phone's browser to come on here? Well, look forward to hearing from you again soon anyway. Regards, Sharon. xx

Horrible timing for me to come back, seeing as we will be down Heidi. I recently read something online recommending Alpaca wool socks to keep feet dry and instantly thought of Heidi. They are supposed to be very soft and cushioned, which I believe to be true because I have felt Alpaca wool at fairs and it is luxuriously soft, with the same moisture absorbing quality of wool. No itchiness! I think you should buy a pair and try it out inside of your layers of pantyhose.

I am hopelessly behind on the postings but I did see you asked whether sheer hosiery becomes slippery. Yes, it does, but for the most part I am used to it. This is only an issue in newer heels that are still slick especially when they do not have straps or have very few straps.

The weather here has been so odd--our snow melted in the middle of January! I hope climate change is not progressing too rapidly, and although we are back to more usual temperatures, we have had few days below 0 F (-18 C) which are more usual temperatures. In those melting days I finally got something to report back! I enjoyed a day of snow-wet feet walking to a convenience store by my school. I thought of you ladies here and envied that you likely do not deal with as much salted pavement as I do. I wore my PU slingback black heels with cut outs and frolicked a bit here and there--I wish I could persuade others to join me as easily as Alexa has :smile:.

I finally made it back here because of my new loves, two pairs in butterscotch and sueded black Colin Stuart heels made exclusively for Victoria Secret. VS is one of my favorite little splurges and my only in-store source for garters. I also got a lovely gold and black tote with the VS logo to baby my heels in when I need to get them past the salt. I plan to treat the sueded heels with Scotch Guard for sure, but I am not yet decided on what to protect the soles and insoles with. (They have the Colin Stuart logo and signature kiss print in gold and I would hate to see them wear off.) If only summer were here I would love to sit on a boat in one of the many Minnesota lakes and trail them in the sun-dappled water. Ahhh...

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I have caught up now, I couldn't resist doing it all in one go! Happy Holidays since I was absent during that time. I wish I had more opportunities to strut my stuff this season, but my husband was ill so I did not even plan my outfits much. There was one I was going to wear to the club, devised to go with a beautiful red push up bra from Victoria's Secret (the miraculous, to bring me to a D cup hehehe :smile: with black lace trim and glittering rhinestones at the cleavage. I was going to wear nude sheer pantyhose with flower print black net tights gartered up and my black heels with gold accents from y avatar. I was going to wear my hair down to above my rear with Sexy Little Things Noir Tease shimmering body spray (from VS as well) and my black fluid pants with sheer sides that emphasis my rear even more than the hair dangling above it. Over the bra would have been a black crocheted top with lots of intricate metallic beading. It certainly would have turned heads! This would have been fun to wear next to Heidi in her cruise ship gear that cause so much drooling, lol. Sharon, you would definitely have to be there too in boots like Heidi, layering some sort of nets over your high denier tights and I hope you would go for a revealing top as well to complete our set! As I was going through it was very striking to me how much you, Heidi, Sharon, and Jane love having so much clothes on. Especially Sharon-I could never endure wet panties and in fact change them on a whim. This is a problem if I put my garters on over my panties, but I recently discovered panties with side ribbon ties that I will be trying out! They are VS again, lol, which I was pleased to see Heidi also shops. I might try and see if I enjoy wet satin ones though, as Sharon, you made that sound so indulgent! I can hardly sit still to write as I am still contemplating what to wear my new heels with. I will need to exchange the black sueded ones as I noticed the sueding is a rubbed off at the front so I will wear the butterscotch which I fell in love with first. I tend to wear monochrome black, grey, and occasionally brown since I am short and like to appear taller so I am not sure what I might have the will make the butterscotch pop. The metallic plate at the ankle is a lovely golden copper color which I would love to complement but don't have the wardrobe to do so--I bet Sharon, Heidi, Wyndi and Jane do, don't you? What would you lend me if you were here? I may just go with full-on white and nude vintage sheer stockings. I have a white full skirt with a light layer of crocheted cotton on top that I could wear with long sleeves. I think the movement of the skirt will draw attention to my legs down to my feet when I walk into math (maths? in Europe?) tomorrow morning. Tell me what you ladies think of!

Hi Sangue, Nice to see you back with us hun. This is going to have to be a flying visit, as I'm very busy at the moment, but I would like to say that the outfits you mentioned about do sound very pretty, and you're right, I'm fairly sure they would turn heads. Anyway, really must dash, as I'm working this evening until 11pm. Hope to have more time to chat with you again soon. Sharon. xx

I love it when I lift my foot out of the water and my tights feel all heavy over my toes.

Meganiwish, do you wear high denier tights? I am finding that most of the ladies here (in this thread) do, and that is a great part of their enjoyment. I am guessing that this is the part that makes your tights heavy over your toes? I have yet to try that, but I do enjoy wet shoes in sheer stockings or bare feet in open heels. Welcome!

Hi Sangue. Yes I do normally. Today I'm wearing 300 denier as it's been quite cold out. I think you're right that's why they feel heavy on my toes when wet. They hold a good lot of water. Also I like to wear colours and I think they look disappointing sheer. But black ones today as I had my red shoes on.

Hi everyone Sorry, another fleeting visit to say hello and let everyone I know I am still around! Honest! :smile: Been keeping up with all your fashion discussions. Afraid I am very bad on that front and really just go out and buy what I like... or in the case of shoes what might be best in water! :smile: Not sure why I've never been into fashion but found your discussions very interesting... maybe I need to keep up a bit more! :wave: Great to have you back Sangue. :P And welcome meganiwish. Like Sangue I wear much lower denier tights, preferably something around 40. However, Sharon convinced me to get some thicker ones so I also like the heavy feeling around my toes when they are wet. Nothing as high as 300 yet though! Is it just the tights you get wet or shoes too? If so, what kind? Are you a wet boots kind of girl like Sharon or normal court shoes/peeptoes like myself? ;) Sorry not to stop long... still got my couple of stories to report... neither of which involved me! Though I now have one that does involve me too. For the most part my feet have sadly stayed bone dry over the past few weeks though. Hope everyone is really well. Have really missed chatting and will really try to get back soon. Jane x

Hi Meganiwish, Welcome to our little group. You're certainly not the only one who enjoys this :smile: When you have time, have a good read through this thread, as you will see I have posted many detailed write-ups on my wet adventures, involving many different types of boots and shoes, opaque tights and various other items of clothing. Anyway, certainly hope to hear from you again in the near future, and once again, welcome. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone

! :smile:

Great to have you back Sangue. :wave: And welcome meganiwish. Like Sangue I wear much lower denier tights, preferably something around 40. However, Sharon convinced me to get some thicker ones so I also like the heavy feeling around my toes when they are wet. Nothing as high as 300 yet though! Is it just the tights you get wet or shoes too? If so, what kind? Are you a wet boots kind of girl like Sharon or normal court shoes/peeptoes like myself? :P

x

Thank you Jane

I don't ever wear peeptoes as I always wear tights and it doesn't look right. There's nothing I like better than wearing court shoes and 'accidentally' stepping in a puddle, like you. But I also like to get my tights wet on their own. I always mop my kitchen floor in stocking feet so I can walk in the wet. I always wear stocking feet at home and sometimes take the chance to step outside, especially if it's been raining. Oh, I wish I was as brave as Sharon

Hi Sharon Sorry. I don't know how I missed your post when I replied to Jane. I've read quite a lot of your stuff and I'm so envious of your pool. You really know how to enjoy yourself. Did you get the pool so that you could go in dressed or did that come after? Regards, megan

Hi again everyone Twice in one day, whatever next! :P Megan, I know exactly what you mean about peeptoes and tights though I do tend to wear them quite a lot with tights as I love to see my toes actually getting wet "accidentally" when I am out. But equally love closed toe shoes as that obviously means the lovely squelchy feeling and that initial sensation when the water comes over the top of the shoes and pours between my toes. Love it! :smile: I wish I was as brave as Sharon too. :wave: Jane x

Hi Jane You're so right about the initial feeling. I almost prefer a shallow puddle (though deep enough of course). Did you ever see the Scottish Widows advert on the television a few years ago, where she's walking away from the lighthouse and steps in a puddle which JUST goes over the top of her shoes? Its like the difference between being fondled and being groped. (I'm sorry about the image.) Actually, no, it's the difference between being caressed and being fondled. There, that's nicer. Well, just. I think know from what I've read that you understand how good it is to know you're not weird. Thank you. Regards, Megan

Hi Megan I know exactly what you mean. I felt very wierd and was delighted to find friends here to enjoyed the same thing. I was always really embarrassed getting my feet wet in public and though I don't have the same confidence as Sharon (yet) I am more confident than I used to be. :smile: LOL, I love your analogy! :wave: I do remember that advert yes. I know what you mean about the "just deep enough" puddles - love them as the water topples over and in. That is also why I love wearing peeptoes. I know wearing them with tights seems a bit strange but it means I can get my toes wet much more easily and subtly and see them (at least a couple of them!) getting soaked through. The downside being there isn't much squelching! Jane x

• Like 1

Well, Sharon, add me to your fan club. I would love to have more abandon in water play.

Jane, it seems like we have a lot of similar tastes in foot wear and hosiery. I wear open shoes, even sandals, all year 'round even in below zero weather. Sometimes I walk from campus to a nearby drug store to save some pollution, although most of the time I wear a more sturdy pair of heels or even (ugh) flat shoes! I love the shape of open toe shoes and find it harder to find closed toe shoes that are as attractive to me, and toe exposure is probably part of that. So when my feet get wet, it is a more fleeting splash and a daring chill. And Jane, I love when you pop in, I imagine you whisking yourself to hhplace and then dashing back off in a flurry of peeptoes. How great that you pick heels for the fun of them, I personally buy them when I fall in love with them and cannot get them out of my head. What is your favorite pair?

Thinking back, the only time I have had squelchy fun was back at that water park in soggy Converse. (I can just imagine Sharon's horror, haha!) I, like Jane, will definitely have to seek that out plus find an appropriate--I've got it! I have a pair of heels I stretched out while I was pregnant, they are my avatar ones again and probably my only closed toe shoes. They have some salt on the bottom (my worst foe) and since they are all leather uppers and soles they should shrink, or I should hope. That's the perfect excuse to get them wet. Now I owe my avatar heels and my zebra heels a soaking :wave:

Megan, in the U.S. women tend to look with horror upon wearing tights with open shoes. I personally like to wear my sheer nude stockings with open shoes but occasionally skip them even in freezing weather. Some darker peep toe heels, depending on the design, get worn with opaque grey/black/brown tights. Yours, Sharon's, and Heidi's enthusiasm for the comfort (and, of course, warmth :smile: of high denier keep me searching for new stockings. What kinds of tights do you have; I am very intrigued by the fun of an array of colors that you mention. Have you tried printed tights like the Pretty Polly ones Heidi mentioned sometime back?

Hi everyone Late night. I just can't sleep. Sangue and Jane, I know you both love your peeptoes. I'l come clean. I don't even wear heels that often. I'd love to, but I don't seem to be able to walk elegantly in them, and I don't really like my feet (hence always opaques) or the shape of my legs in heels. I see beautiful shoes and I wish I could wear them, but I could never do them justice. So I look at them and wish. I saw a girl tonight in a lovely pair of burgundy shoes, four inch heels, laced across the instep, open from there to just above the toes. And she looked great. Where's the fairness in that? (Lol) I've got little feet and I look like I've had them bound if I wear anything like that. Sangue, that's also partly why I always wear opaque tights, and colours (though not always as thick as 300). That way I can make something of my legs. I've got lots of colours and even one pair green and navy striped. Unfortunately, I thnk they make me look a bit like a doll, so they rarely get an outing. Normally black, though, as I also have various coloured shoes. My favourtie pair are flat,round toed with a strap across the ankle, green leather with an embossed pattern. They feel like gloves for my feet. (Oh dear, I don't sound very stylish, do I?) I've never got them wet, as I'm afraid the dye might not be fast. Most of my skirts are patterned, so I don't know how well printed tights would go, but I might have a look. I might end up looking like one of those books where you can see hidden three dimensional pictures. Magic eye. I wonder what picture would emerge from me. Jane, I often wondered what went through the actress's mind when they made that advert. When the director told her to step in the puddle. Did she like it? If it had been me I'd have made sure they had to do sooo many takes. (Can we try it with the other foot?) I might have asked to put on dry tights for each take, as sometimes I think it's the moment of getting wet that I like. No, I like the wet feeling too. If only you could wet and dry them at will until you decided it was time to stay wet. So many choices, so little time. Regards, Megan

Hi Megan (and the rest of the gang), Megan, sounds like you certainly have a nice taste in the types of skirts and tights that you wear. I see that you're not keen on wearing heels. Have you ever tried buying knee-length boots in the 'riding' style? They typically have less than a 1" flat block heel, yet can look very stylish worn with either classic black leggings and a tunic-length top, or opaque tights and either a classic pencil skirt or a stretch denim mini skirt. Well, look forward to hearing from you and hope you're having a great weekend. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Thank you for your suggestion. I have got a pair of calf length cowboy boots (very Daisy Duke) with about a 2 inch heel that I'm very fond of but rarely have call to wear. My problem is that I'm only five foot with size three feet. Because my legs aren't very long I typically wear my skirts just below the knee. Maybe kneelength with shorter skirts would elongate my leg. I must investigate. I'm having a lovely afternoon, thank you, watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, my favourite film ever. I've got the DVD, but it's on TV today and I like it when I know other people are watching at the same time. If it were raining today I might be tempted to get a taxi and re-enact the scene at the end where she changes her stockings in the back of a cab and then has to go and look for her cat in the rain lol. But I know I'd chicken out. And I haven't got a cat. I'll use the sofa for the cab and go and look for something in the shower, perhaps. What about you? are you doing anything nice this weekend? Regards, Megan

Jane, I don't know if you get the Guardian, but in today's magazine there is a picture of a peeptoe I'd like. It's in The Measure and is a lace up stack wedge with peeptoe. So wrong anyway that anyone would look faintly ridiculous in them, so I could wear my opaques, that would be the least of my worries. Fabulous turquoise-green. I'd need a deep puddle with that platform ,though. Maybe best for a walk in the long grass. Sadly, they're on the Going Down list.

Megan, I feel your pain! But our short stature is a marvelous excuse to indulge in more heels! I was thinking after I read your post that you should decide what you like about your feet and legs and what you think you would like to camouflage. For example, wearing mesh patterned tights over your opaques would be a lovely way to even out the shape of feet or toes, etc. One thing I am trying out is finding white tights and patterned mesh stockings since black ones can make my legs look too thin (to me). Also, I have heard of women that do specific leg toning exercises for shaping. On my feet the bone on the instep by the big tone naturally curves out slightly which can be over-exaggerated in certain shoes that have thin straps just above or below this area, so I wear heels like my Colin Stuart ones that fit comfortably over this bone so I don't get bunions from too much pressure. This types of shoes tend to show the whole side of my foot and part of my arch which I am rather vain about, an added bonus :smile: Really you don't need perfect feet, just perfect compliments.

So today I am wearing a neutral tone, ultra-long jersey dress with enough stretch to emphasis my waist. It lets my black sueded Colin Stuarts have all the attention with how much light the ankle plates and heel accents reflect. I absolutely love formal wear paired with glamorous heels for a hint of drama. This ensemble will need to be separated when I go shopping--there is so much salt on the asphalt at the grocery store that it is literally completely white! Salt is awful to try to clean out of fabric heels and I don't want to try it with sueded (this is part of why I am such a huge Scotchguard fan!).

Sharon, you have very good taste. I always love seeing your ideas on clothes and heels.

Oh, I am so jealous that I can't see what heels you are talking about, I searched for it on their website but it just lists the heels with no image! If you find a link, post it please. I found the

for the movie you were talking about and it seems so glamorous. I love the hair styles, and seeing as my long hair is getting caught on so much these days I should try something of that sort! I will have to find Breakfast at Tiffany's and then have you let me know when you're watching so we can be watching together... sort of. lol.

Sangue (et al), Sorry so late again. I was out tonight and met some girls I used to work with. I looked to see if the shoes were pictured on Guardian online. Alas no. I doubt my description did them justice. One day we'll be able to paste the picture to the screen and our friends will be able to see it! Try and get a copy of today's Guardian. Or not, as you feel. I can't believe you've not seen Breakfast at Tiffanny's. Every girl should know it. I'm so happy I work at home, because British TV is showing an Audrey Hepburn film every morning this week. Funny Face, Roman Holiday. God, I'm going to be in heaven. And she gets wet in all of them. But Breakfast at Tiffany's you just have to see. It has George Peppard (yes, from the A team, I know) when he was young and looked lovely. But above all it has Audrey Hepburn playing Holly Golightly. How I wish I was Holly Golightly. How I wish I was Audrey Hepburn. Well, as my mum used to say, 'if wishes were horses,beggars would ride.' I didn't like her any more for saying it then, and I still like to wish. What a brilliant idea about meshed patterned tights over white ones. Or we could try them over black or even other colours. Do the meshed tights come in colours? Could I, for instance, do pink over black? I had a bit of a domestic disaster today. My cold water tank has started leaking. I've had to turn it off at the mains, and the plumber can't come till Tuesday.I've got lots of water saved in bottles. On the plus side, it made a big puddle on the floor and I was able to walk in it in my tights. No re-enacting that scene in the shower though. Regards, Megan

Oh no, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the A team either! From the trailer, I will be split between watching him and watching her, haha! But I can't take credit for the mesh tights over opaques, our own Heidi mentioned that since she likes to wear several layers to soften her heeled boots. She mentioned wearing black fishnets over layered suntan pantyhose and I find it works well with my sheer tights in minimizing snagging plus I am everyday more swayed by the thought of more/thicker layers on my legs. I am very taken with the idea of lots of colors! I usually wear grey or black monochrome so this will be a very exciting departure from my norms. Hmm, I will have to keep an eye out at the local thrift store and online (in the U.S. hosiery is both expensive and poor quality in-store! Although there are exceptions). I wonder if red would show up well on black? Red is my favorite color, but I bet this combination would be best for going out to the club, or for the bedroom :wave: I will tell you if I find a good combination and please do share more of your ideas, I am really enjoying them. :smile: I am thinking I might find a copy of the Guardian in a local library or my school library. I love fawning over shoes, whether I plan on buying them or not. Ever since I found this site, I have others' passion for heels to fuel mine and it makes it so much more fun! Plus it gives me something enjoyable to do when I'm up late doing online homework (which I find tedious.)

oh, another sleepless night. Third cup of tea, and I'm still wide awake. (I know, but at my age you have a cup of tea.) Sangue, am I right to gather that you're a similar height to me? If so, don't you find proportion is the hardest thing to find? In a way I'm lucky, I'm short, but I'm quite petite, so I only have length to worry about. I find it hard to buy nice shoes in my size. I could buy childrens shoes and not have to pay VAT, which is what people always say to me, but... need I say more. Oh dear, I was getting a bit maudlin there, wasn't I? Sorry. The weather man has just told us we've got rain coming on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm going to go out in ballet pumps in the hope of wet feet. I'm going to wear my green tights, and I have a plan to see if I can find a crowded place and see if I can get someone to tread on my heel and make me step out of my shoe. I can get a wet foot without anyone knowing.