Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi Sharon,

I didn't know what to do, so in the end I put on a royal blue long sleeved T-shirt and I wore a yellow and green silk scarf. I find a scarf will do it when I'm in doubt.

I think my legs looked better than they've ever looked. They'll never look long, but still. You're right, high boots and all black, all the way up and it works. Thank you.

And I won! I mean I won. My usual partner wasn't there, so I made a team on my own, and I won. I won five drinks! My favourite drink is a dry martini. I made the club get vermouth in so I could have them. They haven't got the right glasses yet, but there you go. I didn't take them all tonight, so I've got some waiting.

Anyway, I did take a couple of them,so maybe I'd better leave it here. I've got a man to see tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Megan x

Hi Megan, Thanks for the compliments on my outfits. Yours sounded nice too. I'm glad you took my advice on the knee boots and black opaques for a leg-lengthening effect. I've recommended it to many shorter women in the past, and they all agree that it works. It has the same effect with me; it makes me look like I've got legs that go on forever. Anyway, sorry this is a short post, I'm getting ready for a night out. Hopefully I'll be able to post what I decide to wear next time I pop on. Hope you're having a great weekend, and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, I'm off out tonight too. My son has offered to take me out for a drink. I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to it. He's nearly a foot taller than me, so if I wear my wedges again he might be less likely to use my head to rest his beer on lol. Hope you have a lovely evening. Regards, Megan x

Hi everyone, I had a funny old day today. A very late start after a very late night. That boy of mine, he's such a bad influence! And he dropped a little bombshell on me. Seems he's off to France for at least a month. Anyway, then my ex came round to take my glass to the bottle bank like he's been promising for weeks. I normally take a few things with me when I need to if I go out walking, but at Christmas my bottles and jars collection got away from me and it's been spreading across the kitchen. He took them out to his car in carrier bags and I went out in the rain with the last two without putting my shoes on. He told me off for that, but nicely, which I liked really. So I'd got my feet wet and I can cook my dinner without kicking bottles over. Perhaps I am a princess after all. Regards, Megan x

Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I had a really busy day today, as the market reopens this week and I had to get my kitchen spotless. Actually, I quite enjoy it, especially mopping the floor, which I can do with my shoes off so I can walk on the wet floor. It was fun to go out after knowing that no-one knew I had wet feet inside my dry shoes. Just a short one at the moment, as I'm in the middle of making bread. Sadly, it's turned cold here again, which is going to make getting out of bed in the small hours something of a chore. Ho hum. Regards, Megan x

Hi everyone, We had a lovely bright day today, and I knew the tide would be a long way out because of the full moon, so I decided to go and get some mussels to make some mussel and leek pies for the market tomorrow. I could get out a lot further than usual, and of course I went too far so that I flooded my boots. I sat down on the rocks to empty them by lifting each leg so I could see what it was like with cold water, like you suggested, Sharon. It did feel different. Because the rest of me was dry it ran up my legs and made my bottom wet. I had to stand up on the bus home. Luckily, I was wearing a black skirt, so I don't think any noticed and thought I'd had an accident. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Megan x

Hi again everyone,

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-ABLAZE-Super-High-Wedge/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1925421

I just found these and I wanted to show you. I love them and could really see myself in them. I don't know if I could walk in them, though, even though they have my size. Anyway, the care bit says,'avoid contact with liquids', so probably not suitable anyway.

Megan x

Hi Megan, With regards to those shoes/boots you posted about, you said it says to avoid contact with liquids. What are they made of? I haven't been able to look at them, as the web address (URL) you posted doesn't work. From personal experience, I've found that almost any shoe or boot, whether it's leather, suede leather, plastic or even fabric, can withstand a heck of a lot of total submerge dunkings in either hot or cold water, even when labels say to avoid contact with water. Anyway, sorry I haven't posted for a few days, but haven't had much in the way of news to post lately. Well, hope to hear from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-ABLAZE-Super-High-Wedge/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1925421

Hi Sharon,

Sorry about the web address not working. Oh, dear, I wonder what I did wrong this time. I'll try again. Anyway, if it hasn't worked, they're fabric. I thought it was silly to say 'avoid contact with liquid'. You'd have to be pretty sure of the weather forecast to wear shoes that couldn't take water. Actually, I remember from when I was younger that rope soled espadrilles fall apart when they get wet. But otherwise where could you find a less harmless stuff than clean water. I mean, you put your clothes in it, and the worst that happens is they come out cleaner than they went in.

Anyway, I hope I've given you a chance to see them, as I really like them. I might have to save up and treat myself.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards, Megan x

Lol, I just love that your reason for editing your comment was dry martinis, Megan. Sharon, you are becoming our fashion guru :wavey: I got the job I interviewed for (easily... and they asked me to apply so it was all formalities, :)). Now I need more formal shoes to fit a more formal job. Or I guess I could wear my regular shoes covered with pants and suiting coats. I am not having much luck finding boots or closed heels that catch my fancy B) All the boots I like are so expensive--the cheap ones tend to be pointy toe our that really long square toe look that I dislike. Sharon, I wish I could drag you out here, I'm sure you would be the best to bring along on a shopping marathon! And you did not give us any details about the man you were meeting, Megan! I am inventing all sorts of stories in lieu of your tales lol.

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Hi Sangue, So pleased you got the job! Well done! Is it the start of the road to greater things? Silly me, it must feel like a great thing in itself. So pleased. Chap I've known for some time, as a friend. He saw me safe home the other night and came in. I obviously misread the signals. I feel bit silly, but I'm sure he'll be too much of a gentleman... Did the link work for you? If so what did you think of them? Regards, Megan x

Hi Megan and Sangue, Sangue, thanks for the compliment saying that I'm becoming your fashion guru here :wavey: And yeah, a major shopping spree with you would be fun. If you're having trouble finding shoes or boots that you like then try going on ebay.com (the USA version of the site) and set the search parameters to Clothes and shoes >>> Womens >>> Boots >>> All types and then select your size, then select the 'Buy It Now' option/tick box, and lastly select your min and max budget, for example min $10 and max $100. Then tap Search. It should bring up several pages of women's boots in all different styles from leg height and colour to heel and toe styles. The reason I said to select 'Buy It Now' is that with that option checked, you don't have to bid on the item(s). Most items have more than one image, and are generally in very good condition or in some cases never worn. You also have the option to contact the seller if you hav any other questions. I'm sure you will find something there that takes your fancy. Let me know how you get on hun. And by the way, many congrats on getting the job! Megan, thanks for re-posting the link, this time it worked. I had a look at them, and for your - if you don't mind me saying - 'funky and hippie' style of dress I can certainly say they're very you :) they're just the kind of thing I can picture you wearing. I have some wedge-heeled boots with 3" and 4" wedges, but mine don't have the platforms and are full-length knee boots in plain colours like classic black and dark brown etc. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you both again soon (and any of the rest of our gang who are reading this). Regards, Sharon. xx

Megan, thanks for re-posting the link, this time it worked. I had a look at them, and for your - if you don't mind me saying - 'funky and hippie' style of dress I can certainly say they're very you :wavey: they're just the kind of thing I can picture you wearing. I have some wedge-heeled boots with 3" and 4" wedges, but mine don't have the platforms and are full-length knee boots in plain colours like classic black and dark brown etc.

Hi Sharon,

Of course I don't mind. I think you have a pretty fair handle on me. I imagine if we were out together I'd run the risk of cramping your style if I didn't keep a low profile. I picture you looking very North European, if you know what I mean. I could see you and Heidi out on the town knocking them dead, like a pair of sisters, one wet one dry.

Regards, Megan x

Sharon! You are going to be so proud of me, lol. I finally bought some boots! This picture shows the detail better, but I got them in black. I loved them immediately and my sister sheepishly admitted she had told my husband not to get them for me because I would not like them! All this time I could have had my boots. lol This will be great because I asked my new boss, who wears heels to work <3, and she says no open shoes. In the spring and summer, she allows a little bit of peeptoe but my peep toes will likely be too much. So this is perfect!

And, and! I found over-the-knee opaque cottony socks in black, grey, brown, and purple at department store near my work. They garter very nicely, and after wearing closed toe shoes and tights for my first training, I can see I will need the padding! My toes are not used to being cramped and rubbed by shoes. I am going back to buy more of these stockings tomorrow after work!

Megan, I think it will be a great job to work on my "soft skills." I am not the best with people that I don't like, and my new job deals with many, diverse people on a daily basis so it will be good practice. I've done this type of job with mixed results--excellent with a great manager, and iffy with a shabby one. I think there is potential, but Medicine is still my future goal :wavey: PM me if you ladies want to know more!

One more thing, after a long day of home stuff, work, shopping, going out with my sister's friends/co-workers I found myself thinking of that drinking fountain splash the other day. Sharon, when you're at work and adding water to your shoes, do you unzip then add or pour in from the top for boots?

Hi Sangue, The boots look lovely. Aren't you going to miss the snow on your toes, though lol? I love the sound of the socks too. Do they come in other colours too? But I suppose that's not appropriate for work. I'm fond of my opaque tights, but sometimes I'll wear coloured socks over the top, especially when I feel like stripes. Regards, Megan x

Hi everyone, We had an Irish band playing at the club tonight. They were good. I danced the bejaysus out of it. My knees will hurt tomorrow. I wore my Indian cotton dress, which is blue and a pattern printed in other shades of blue. It's not very shapely, but I have a jacket which is like a classic jean jacket, only black leather instead of denim. With the jacket the dress looks like a wonderfully full skirt. I wore my cowboy boots too. I got so hot, and in the end I remembered Sharon and went into the toilets (bathroom, restroom for our colonial cousins) and poured a glass of water into each boot.Such a relief. And then I took my boots off in the taxi and when we got home I walked up the wet path in my tights.

Hi Sangue and Megan, Sangue, wow! Just had a look at the picture of your boots. I must say, they are very me! In fact, they look very like two or three of my own pairs! What is the heel height on them? From the picture, the heels look about 4". Oh yeah, in answer to your question, no, I don't bother to unzip, I prefer to just pour down either the side or the back of my boots. I like the feeling of the cool water running down my tights and legs and then completely filling the foot part of the boots. Also, I love the feeling of wriggling my toes in soaked tights and boots, and feeling the water move in and out between my toes :wavey: Megan, glad to hear you cooled your feet down the Sharon way. What size glass did you use? As with any boots with a zip, you can only fill them from the toe to the ankle bone, as any more will simply drain out through the zips. Also, what colour and denier tights were you wearing? Did anybody hear your feet squishing and squelching in your wet boots when you were walking? Anyway, hope to hear from you both again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Hope you had a good weekend. They were black 70 denier. My cowboy boots don't have zips, so they would have held quite a bit, but I knew I was going to dance some more and I didn't want it all squirting out of the top. I like to keep it secret really, so I only used a little from a small wineglass. I don't think anyone could hear because the music was so loud. By the end of the evening the boots had soaked most of it up and it was really quite difficult to pull them off with the damp tights inside the damp boots. I had quite sore feet by the end of the night, but nothing like my knees the next day. Ow! I'm going to have to be more sensible in future. Regards, Megan x

I had a genuine accident today. I went for a walk in the park to see the spring flowers. I was crossing the stream and I slipped on the stone and ended up sitting waist deep in the stream. There were some people there who were very concerned for me. They were very sweet. If they only knew.

Hi Megan, That sounds pretty cool. I love it when things like that happen to me :wavey: What were you wearing? What type of shoes or boots? Tights or jeans or a skirt etc? Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, I had on black mid calf slouch boots and black tights, a green just below the knee cotton dress with an embroidered bodice and my leather jacket that I told you about last week. It felt very different as an accident, as there wasn't the feeling of naughtiness you get when you do it deliberately. The water was icy. I tried not to think of people looking at me as I walked home, but I did feel a bit self conscious. I don't think I can get as confident as you. Regards, Megan x

I can't believe I've been away this long!! Sharon, I admit I was very pleased with myself when you said those were your type of boots. I am starting to get addicted to looking for boots and I just ordered a pair in the middle of typing this up! My excuse is that I need closed toe shoes for work :unsure:

Oh yeah, the ones I first showed you are about 4" and the ones you forced me to order just now (lol kidding) are about a 3.5." I can hardly wait for them to arrive!! At first it was hard to figure out what I like in boots, but now I think it is down to having the design feature in how the boot is built rather than in things added on like bows and buckles. Plus I noticed that most of the boots I like have that sueded look. So far all the boots I have liked have been black, including the ones I've bought, except for one pair.

Megan, I didn't see any other colors in things other than tights and as you know it has to be stockings, generally speaking lol. I bet I could get away with bright colors if I paired them with the right clothes. That gives me something to think about!

I am working a closing shift tomorrow night and I am so tempted to pour a Megan-sized amount of water in... I'll work my way up to our daring Sharon amounts! :mecry:

Lovely to see you back, Sangue. I tried your link, but my browser doesn't seem to want me to see the boots page and took me to the home page. I didn't notice what was happening the first time and I thought that if you dress like that for work you must be more daring than you let on lol. I'll try later on another browser. You must let us know how you get on with the water pouring. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Megan x

Hi Sangue and Megan, Just a very brief post, as I'm off out shortly but thought I'd pop in here to wish you a great weekend. Sangue, yeah, the boots you chose are definitely the kind I usually go for :unsure: I'm glad to hear that you're getting more and more into boots now. As you know, I wear them all year round. It's great, as you can dress them up or down according to the rest of the outfit. For example, with opaque tights, a pencil skirt, blouse and jacket for work or formal do's; or with leggings/jeggings or skinny jeans with a brightly-coloured hoodie top for a casual yet feminine look. Anyway, like I said, just a short post, and look forward to hearing fom you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

I have laddered almost all my sheers and I am fed up with sheers!!!! I will be forced, finally, to replace them with something sturdier.

Hi Sangue. I saw a tip on TV today that I'd not heard of and it made me think of you. They said that you can make sheer tights or stockings more run resistant by spraying them with hairspray, after you've put them on. I don't know if that's any help to you.

Hi Sangue and Megan, I just read your post about laddering all your sheer tights. As Megan says, you could spray them with hairspray, however that does tend to make them sticky and it can make you itch a lot. However, if you really like wearing sheers, I would suggest that you buy ones that have a high lycra (spandex) content of at least 7%, and make sure you buy ones that have a gusset and reinforced toe. These will typically last for around 20 wearings and washings (hand washed only). However, as you know, I live in opaque tights only, so if you want any advice on those type of tights feel free to ask :unsure: Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon and Sangue, Sharon, your advice is so knowledgeable, you make me look positively stone age lol. Like you, I'm not really into sheers. I must admit, I tend to buy by colour, or if the legs in the picture on the package look good. I think they might take me for a ride sometimes! Sangue, I've been following a sort of black comedy drama on TV called The Big C. Turns out it's set in Minnesota! Tonight's episode was a snowy one. I see what you mean. The title sequence has the woman swimming clothed underwater in her swimming pool with friends and family waving from above. It always makes me think of you, Sharon. But she has pink toes which remind me of Sangue. Regards, Megan x