I'm going to wear 130 pairs of shoes today, just because I can!

roz

Bit of a busy day for me, but yesterday the laminate flooring went down in my spare room which I am converting into a shoe room, and today I am moving the shoes in. At the moment my bedroom has piles and piles of shoes in boxes, looks like I am moving house! So today as I am going to be taking every pair out of their boxes to put on the shelf I thought I would wear every single pair of shoes I own, all 130. All this excludes are my boots, trainers and flip flops!! No reason really, just thought it would be fun ;)

Roz,

you're a nutcase.

Do you have a plan thought out for getting them all worn?.

I bet you throw lots away.

I certainly do when I sort them out every couple of years.

So today as I am going to be taking every pair out of their boxes to put on the shelf I thought I would wear every single pair of shoes I own, all 130. All this excludes are my boots, trainers and flip flops!! No reason really, just thought it would be fun ;)

Guilty as charged, I am a complete nutcase!

No real plan, I'm wearing each pair for a few minutes while I sort everything out. I am cataloguing all the shoes as I go so I will do that while wearing each pair, also I am unboxing them anyway and putting the empty boxes in my loft (well, my BF is, I'm not going up a ladder in 6" heels, even *I* wouldn't do that!).

Anyway, I am pretty much going in order of size. Worn all my 4 inch and 4.5 inch shoes, as well as my wedges. Am half way through my 5" shoes (got these on at the mo http://www.amirashoes.com/shoes/medium/Arabesque.jpg ) and them I am onto 6" heels, 6" platforms and higher!

post-11189-133522855278_thumb.jpg

Hello, resident nutter here ;)

Not sure if you're interested or not but I'm taking a break as I'm exhausted so thought I'd post anyway.

I'm well into the 6" heels at the moment which are probably the most challenging as then I'm onto platforms which aren't as hard on the feet because the arch isn't so high.

I am currently in these: http://www.stockings-fantasy.co.uk/tonys/TN_CLhot-5.htm

Then 3 more pairs of 6" then onto 6" platforms and beyond! My shoe room is looking sooo lush

Thanks guys. Well I did it, I wore every single pair of heels I own from 4" all the way up to 8" and all my shoes are now in my new room and it looks amazing! It looks like a shoe shop or something! Amanda Snake you may be amazed that I didn't throw away a single pair! But thanks to you I am now selling my Diors to a friend so I can get another pair of Christian Louboutin - my Louboutins arrived yesterday and are the most lush pair of shoes I have ever seen or worn! Sorry for the amount of exclaimation marks but I'm quite excited!

roz u r total, and big up to u for it !! Soulmate and i would love a shoe room, knowing her, she'd want her own (locked) one to stop me trying hers on (same size - uk 6) she gives me ones she buys and dont like later (ladies privilege) or are uncomfortable, (keep to leather)... both into 5 - 6" now, and why not !! mainstream fashion.... Keep em high roz, u nut !!!

If you have any room, defo do a shoe room. All I basically did was to get rid of a sofa bed that was never used, move my computer into my lounge and move a bookshelf and I had an empty room. Then I bought some shelves from Ikea (almost like pigeonholes) and some cheap laminate flooring (but you don't even need to do that, obviously). And then that's pretty much it. I have so much room now everywhere else, just need to put the empty boxes up in the loft.

If you have any room, defo do a shoe room. All I basically did was to get rid of a sofa bed that was never used, move my computer into my lounge and move a bookshelf and I had an empty room.

Then I bought some shelves from Ikea (almost like pigeonholes) and some cheap laminate flooring (but you don't even need to do that, obviously). And then that's pretty much it. I have so much room now everywhere else, just need to put the empty boxes up in the loft.

We are planning to something like that soon. You have encouraged us to step it up a little. Thanks for sharing this great adventure with us roz. It's going to be a blast!

real men wear heels

Roz, I would be very happy if I could see a pic of your shoe room.;) Me and my husband is getting ready to design one for us.

Yes, would love to see your shoe room Roz!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Very exciting, a whole room for your shoe collection, lucky you! My wife would be jelous ;) Would love to see a picture of the completed room.

Guest Loveshiheels

I wished I could of given you a hand but it would be nice of you to take some pics for us to see

• 2 months later...

Whoops, I missed your post. Just going through the forum today trying to find suitable topics to post in, lol. My sort out did remind me of a few shoes I have forgotten about. A lot that I wore to work received comments like "Ooh, I haven't seen those before, are they new" (even though people mock me because they never see me in the same pair twice, lol). So yes, I have a few new favourites that I never realised I had. I gave away probably ten pairs as a result of the move, and I have room for nearly 100 more shoes so I need to go and buy some more!

• 2 weeks later...