Forced to wear heels at work..... :)

aussieheels1

after reading a few threads about wearing heels to work, it reminded me of something that happened to me and would like to share (and didn't want to steal someone else's thread)... i would love to wear heels at work, or just wear heels in general... but haven't really had the guts to do so due to the normal reasons/excuses.... (society, wife's not supportive etc).... but november last year, in the company i was contracting for, there was an presentation to the rest of the company by one of the departments about the newly adopted brand values of the company (marketing BS, but that's a different story)... the IT team decided to use fairy tales to demostrate their view point.... the guy who was suppose to play goldie locks called in sick that day, and they were desperate for another guy to step in.... they called around and a few guys turned it down and I initially turned it down too (a bit shy i was) but then thought what the hell... sounds like fun and give me an excuse to wear a dress and a wig for an hour or so.... i then asked whether they want me in heels as well, and they said that would be cool if i didn't mind... so i jokinly said, i'm already wearing a dress might as well go the full way... they found a sinze 10, 3-4inch high maryjany type heels from one of the marketing girls that didn't mind me wearing it and away we go.... it was so liberating and fun experience... the scream and cheers of me making the entrance was deafening..... i was just acting stupid, following the script of the play and really exagerrate what they told me to do (basically as camp as possible).... and everyone had a great laugh (but i think i had the most fun).... i even got to stay in character after the performance for drinks and all the girls were flocking to me impressed with my ability in heels... and i manage to joke around with the guys and even the CEO telling him I'll meet up with him later.... all a bit of fun and overdoing it so that they don't think i was really enjoying it (i keep saying "i wish i could dressed like this every day, especially the heels" - but unfortunately no one took me seriously ;) ) it was the only time in my life that i could really wear what i wanted to wear (even thought the shoes weren't mine and not my choice)... without fear of criticism.... i have never wore heels at work again (except when i sometimes work on the weekend).... i hoped i haven't bored anyone.... but that's as close to being able to be accepted by people at work about my love for heels....

Now is the time to slap on a pair of cowboy boots with a 3 inch heels and see what happens. Tell them you enjoyed wearing the heels for demo the and decided to add it your wardrobe.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

What a hoot! ;) That is a great story and thanks for sharing it. What I have been reading here is that conservative heels, especially boots, have not been a problem for most guys to wear to work (its been working for me).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

hey aussieheels great story my man & i'm sure you enjoyed yourself . asfor me i won,t be able to wear heels to work as i'm a self employed carpenter have to look after the income however plenty of time outside business hours. BY THE WAY nice to hear somebody else from Australia what city do you hail from . I'm from Melbourne (the worlds most livable city ) Meybe we could catch up if your from this neck of the woods cheers & happy heeling mal:thumbsup:

hoverfly - i considered doing that... and have got a nice pair of 3 inch cowboy boots ready for the occasion but just wasn't brave enough to action it....i think my time may have passed.... but who knows.... malinheels - i'm in Sydney..... love to catch up for a beer anyday..

after reading a few threads about wearing heels to work, it reminded me of something that happened to me and would like to share (and didn't want to steal someone else's thread)...

i would love to wear heels at work, or just wear heels in general... but haven't really had the guts to do so due to the normal reasons/excuses.... (society, wife's not supportive etc)....

but november last year, in the company i was contracting for, there was an presentation to the rest of the company by one of the departments about the newly adopted brand values of the company (marketing BS, but that's a different story)... the IT team decided to use fairy tales to demostrate their view point.... the guy who was suppose to play goldie locks called in sick that day, and they were desperate for another guy to step in....

they called around and a few guys turned it down and I initially turned it down too (a bit shy i was) but then thought what the hell... sounds like fun and give me an excuse to wear a dress and a wig for an hour or so.... i then asked whether they want me in heels as well, and they said that would be cool if i didn't mind... so i jokinly said, i'm already wearing a dress might as well go the full way... they found a sinze 10, 3-4inch high maryjany type heels from one of the marketing girls that didn't mind me wearing it and away we go....

it was so liberating and fun experience... the scream and cheers of me making the entrance was deafening..... i was just acting stupid, following the script of the play and really exagerrate what they told me to do (basically as camp as possible).... and everyone had a great laugh (but i think i had the most fun)....

i even got to stay in character after the performance for drinks and all the girls were flocking to me impressed with my ability in heels... and i manage to joke around with the guys and even the CEO telling him I'll meet up with him later.... all a bit of fun and overdoing it so that they don't think i was really enjoying it (i keep saying "i wish i could dressed like this every day, especially the heels" - but unfortunately no one took me seriously ;) )

it was the only time in my life that i could really wear what i wanted to wear (even thought the shoes weren't mine and not my choice)... without fear of criticism.... i have never wore heels at work again (except when i sometimes work on the weekend)....

i hoped i haven't bored anyone.... but that's as close to being able to be accepted by people at work about my love for heels....

Hey! That sound great I wish I had been in your pumps too.LoL

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Great thread. :cool1:

Getting paid to wear heels at work? Where do I sign? ;)

Yes! count me in too:wave:

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

after reading a few threads about wearing heels to work, it reminded me of something that happened to me and would like to share (and didn't want to steal someone else's thread)...

i would love to wear heels at work, or just wear heels in general... but haven't really had the guts to do so due to the normal reasons/excuses.... (society, wife's not supportive etc)....

but november last year, in the company i was contracting for, there was an presentation to the rest of the company by one of the departments about the newly adopted brand values of the company (marketing BS, but that's a different story)... the IT team decided to use fairy tales to demostrate their view point.... the guy who was suppose to play goldie locks called in sick that day, and they were desperate for another guy to step in....

they called around and a few guys turned it down and I initially turned it down too (a bit shy i was) but then thought what the hell... sounds like fun and give me an excuse to wear a dress and a wig for an hour or so.... i then asked whether they want me in heels as well, and they said that would be cool if i didn't mind... so i jokinly said, i'm already wearing a dress might as well go the full way... they found a sinze 10, 3-4inch high maryjany type heels from one of the marketing girls that didn't mind me wearing it and away we go....

it was so liberating and fun experience... the scream and cheers of me making the entrance was deafening..... i was just acting stupid, following the script of the play and really exagerrate what they told me to do (basically as camp as possible).... and everyone had a great laugh (but i think i had the most fun)....

i even got to stay in character after the performance for drinks and all the girls were flocking to me impressed with my ability in heels... and i manage to joke around with the guys and even the CEO telling him I'll meet up with him later.... all a bit of fun and overdoing it so that they don't think i was really enjoying it (i keep saying "i wish i could dressed like this every day, especially the heels" - but unfortunately no one took me seriously ;) )

it was the only time in my life that i could really wear what i wanted to wear (even thought the shoes weren't mine and not my choice)... without fear of criticism.... i have never wore heels at work again (except when i sometimes work on the weekend)....

i hoped i haven't bored anyone.... but that's as close to being able to be accepted by people at work about my love for heels....

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, but it also sounds like re-enforcement of stereotypes where people associate heels with either pantomime, or some camp gay behaviour?

But, it also sounds like it could act as a launchpad for you to wear heels to work without any bother...

If you suddenly started wearing heels to work, just tell your colleages they were so comfortable, you decided to go get a pair for yourself. (Or ask the girl where she got hers as you wouldnt mind a pair yourself and I'm sure she might spread the word for you in a nice way)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

richie... i agree, it definitely fall into the stereotype... an it was that stereotype that i saw that gave me the confidence to do it.... without hiding behind that, i wouldn't even have a chance to do so.... i still don't think i can wear heels into work.... however the experience have at least make thinking about it plausible.... what it did was allow me to talk to more female member of the staff regarding heels (since they saw how good i walk in them) and a lot of the half jokes discussion turn into them knowing abit more about me... which i feel is a good thing.....

richie... i agree, it definitely fall into the stereotype... an it was that stereotype that i saw that gave me the confidence to do it.... without hiding behind that, i wouldn't even have a chance to do so....

i still don't think i can wear heels into work.... however the experience have at least make thinking about it plausible.... what it did was allow me to talk to more female member of the staff regarding heels (since they saw how good i walk in them) and a lot of the half jokes discussion turn into them knowing abit more about me... which i feel is a good thing.....

The bottom line is to savour the moment of what happened that day. You never know what will develop in your office from this experience. I am so happy for you being given the opportunity (no matter how it came about) to wear high heels in your office. Good luck to you in the future.;)