Don't just do something, sit there.

Amanda

Those of us who are wearing high heels in public are doing the right thing for "the cause." We are telling the world, "look at me, I dare to be different, I dare to wear something that defies the norms. I am not hurting you. If you don't like me, ignore me, but let me be what I want to be and wear what I want to wear. If it catched on great! If not, then we will enjoy our personal pleasure." Those of us who wear high heels publicly, let's keep on keeping on. For those who don't, keep wearing high heels privately to support the movement. If you dare to enentually venture publicly in your high heels, best of luck and more power to you. And more power to us all!:roll:

Those of us who wear high heels publicly, let's keep on keeping on. For those who don't, keep wearing high heels privately to support the movement. If you dare to enentually venture publicly in your high heels, best of luck and more power to you. And more power to us all!:roll:

Thanks roniheels, there seems to be a bit of oneupmanship from some of the streetheelers aimed at the private wearers at times. Good to see a bit of balance from your post, even those who wear privately are trying to convert someone to the idea at times, be it a wife, girlfriend, parents or whoever. There's always someone who needs to be told / convinced that men can wear heels and still be men even behind closed doors.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Thanks roniheels, there seems to be a bit of oneupmanship from some of the streetheelers aimed at the private wearers at times. Good to see a bit of balance from your post, even those who wear privately are trying to convert someone to the idea at times, be it a wife, girlfriend, parents or whoever. There's always someone who needs to be told / convinced that men can wear heels and still be men even behind closed doors.

Well said. And, there is always the possibility that men that wear their heels in private will eventually overcome their inhibitions and start wearing them in public. Afterall, isn't that the way most of us began?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well said. And, there is always the possibility that men that wear their heels in private will eventually overcome their inhibitions and start wearing them in public. Afterall, isn't that the way most of us began?

totally agree... i think we all started at the same point and is a matter of how long we've been doing it or how thick skin we are that lead us to our various stages..... every male who put on a pair of heels be it publicly, privately, for a bit of fun or anything is in their little way helping out presence....

Exactly. I wanted to show the world my excitement of wearing high heels. And like all of us, I started public heeling very quietly in a not-too-public of a place with not too much traffic. Since then, I go more and more public places in high heels, and enjoy every minute of it.:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

I admit I wear heels in private most of the time. This is what I wear for comfort at home (this photo is now). Stockings under satin pants feels good, but I think it would be a bit too much outside.

That's a nice picture and those are very nice high heels. I enjoy wearing silk pajamas with high heels to lounge around.

Thanks again for sharing your photo and thoughts.

I just want to comment on what has been a very good day, and how much I am looking forward to our Oct. get-together. Latter part of the day (wearing 4.5" open back clogs) was interesting; went to Pizza Hut for buffet-style Pizza at 5 o'clock and was told to come back at 5:30 when the buffet would be ready. "No problem" thought I. I went to the coin-op laundry, proudly displaying my nifty footwear, while my clothes were washing. Went back to Pizza Hut at 5:55. They still weren't ready. Went to McDonald's (and saved a bundle.) Had a pretty-good cheeseburger and an EXCELLENT cup of coffee. Then went shopping, still wearing the aforementioned clogs. Have been mulling over what to wear this October. I think it will probably be the pair of spike-heel ultra low-cut pumps that I found a while back at Walmart! And in women's size 12! I'm not going to graduate to kilts, but I am still a big fan of jeans skirts. Just gave my cocktail skirts (but not my miniskirt) to charity.

I've done heels for a long time indoors and out, and I was lucky enough to start when stacks were mainstream for everyone. I do appreciate how difficult it is to start..... "what if i meet my neighbour or my best mate !" I must say that in my experience, the public at large will look, but not say anything! There are far more disturbing things for the public at large to worry about, viz groups of drunken kids, some staff bull terriers (and the bull attitude of their owners)..... Heel wearers are unlikely to beat the ---- out of them..... Keep 'em high !!