Don't just do something, sit there.

Amanda

This area is really for the Guys to discuss their heel wearing, all members are welcome to post here. Thanks Nigel. I hope everyone reads that before launching any further "Anti female in my forum assaualts" I'm not often standing with a heel on either side of the fence because I find it uncomfortable. I've been reading some of your posts regarding wearing heels in public. It's thoroughly unacceptable of course. It seems to me that the only way for it to become acceptable is to become more like Activists. I'm sure that there are those of you in here smart enough to be able to arrange more public events the involved wearing of heels or made it a pre-requisite. Like a subtle campaign. After all there are activist groups campaigning on a myriad of issues. Perhaps not go as far as to chain yourselves to the gates of a male shoe factory but make it fun and subtle. Make it a success and most of all boost the shoe industry so that there's more choice and imagination of style. Especially in my size please. :w00t2::santa_hat:

Amanda, Hear Hear to your opening sentence, I thoroughly agree with Nigel's statement you wisely reproduce. Men wearing high heels is thoroughly unacceptable to most people, but it wasnt in the 70's, just as was women wearing trousers was in the 50's, men wearing earrings, men carrying bags - both being seen as effeminiate at the time but not so now, makeup for guys is coming in, and so on ad infinitum. The boot in my avatar has a 3" heel, but in your opinion is that unacceptable for me or any other man to wear? Does the answer depend upon for whom the shoe was made for? What is and isn't acceptable is dictated by the fashion industry, most just follow along like lemmings. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

The boot in my avatar has a 3" heel, but in your opinion is that unacceptable for me or any other man to wear? Does the answer depend upon for whom the shoe was made for?

TB2

Hmm, now you have me thinking.

What additional detail I wonder would your avatar boot would need (which I think looks quite smart and acceptable) to tip the balance from masculine to a more dainty femine appearance?.

I don't actually think it is unacceptable. It's perfectly possible to wear heels as a guy and be accepted. Most people don't realise because they haven't tried it properly; they are too scared. The public aren't interested in major campaigns and such like. It's not a human rights issue or anything. A subtle approach as Amada mentions is correct.The way to change public perceptions is gradually over a period of time such as the changes in attitude we have seen from the 1950's to the present day. But that does involve all you lot out there wearing your heels properly, at work, on holiday, down the bar etc! Not just in the bedroom and on midnight trips to the postbox across the road :santa_hat:

Well said Firefox,

I agree you should pull together and put your collective elegantly arched foot down. :santa_hat:

I don't actually think it is unacceptable. It's perfectly possible to wear heels as a guy and be accepted. Most people don't realise because they haven't tried it properly; they are too scared.

The public aren't interested in major campaigns and such like. It's not a human rights issue or anything. A subtle approach as Amada mentions is correct.The way to change public perceptions is gradually over a period of time such as the changes in attitude we have seen from the 1950's to the present day.

But that does involve all you lot out there wearing your heels properly, at work, on holiday, down the bar etc! Not just in the bedroom and on midnight trips to the postbox across the road :w00t2:

Amanda first off thanks for a great post

But that does involve all you lot out there wearing your heels properly, at work, on holiday, down the bar etc! Not just in the bedroom and on midnight trips to the postbox across the road :santa_hat:

FireFox I cound not agree with you more if men want to gain acceptablity in wearing heels then you are right and we have to wear in public and as time goes by and men see that the look is good and there is no loss of masculinity then men in heels will become "normal" footwear and the fashion industry will be right in the middel of producing more heeled shoes towards men. In this time of instant gratfication it's hard for some as this is not a overnight process but a dedicated long term change.

Firefox,

So right, but as so many want to wear stiletto heels only, never block heels - and that IS a quantum leap from regular guys shoes. Really the more I think about this and my own past experiences too, most guys get a high/buzz from wearing stiletto heels and couple it with stockings, suspenders etc and therefore a sex toy and because the threat of being caught in doing something "wrong" is stimulating (but it doesn't harm anyone). I've gone past that and enjoy wearing heels as part of the overall look, as have you, Xaphod, Kneehighs, maximilian etc.etc. I so wish more would look at this from a fashion rather than a sexual viewpoint.

What additional detail I wonder would your avatar boot would need (which I think looks quite smart and acceptable) to tip the balance from masculine to a more dainty femine appearance?.

Amanda,

Would it perhaps be the heel shape? I draw the conclusion that it is not the height. This boot has a gents size heel, albeit with a slight Cuban influence, but nevertheless it is wide and stable. Certainly it is a high heel.

Now from someone who said heels on men were unacceptable, and I can certainly understand as my SO is of the same opinion, here is an example that you do find acceptable. Shame they cost an eye-watering £400 a pair. I must therefore conclude that the term heels has not been defined properly.

This really is the nub of the issue. When does the design become too feminine.

A wingtip brogue boot (pictured below) is masculine and very similar in design to the Avatar boot, but it has a 3.5" heel, just 1/2" higher than the Avatar boots. This was designed and sold as a womans boot, is it now unacceptable, and why?

In case anyone want to know, click this link to got to the shop http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Men/Shoes/Business/P-Jonny-Boot-Betis.aspx

TB2

post-1002-133522853248_thumb.jpg

post-1002-133522853249_thumb.jpg

I think one thing we should all keep in mind as far as acceptance goes is to keep in mind what's acceptable for women too. While I'd love to wear my highest stiletto heels in public, I have to keep in mind what folks would think if a woman wore the same thing. A woman wearing 5" ankle strap pumps will get a different reaction than the same woman wearing some 2" block heeled loafers. Which would look a little more unusual to you? Not unusual in that there's something wrong with it, but unusual in "that's not something you see everyday". Now if you think about guys doing that, suddenly the "that's not something you see everyday" becomes more pronounced. Amanda and Firefox bring up a valid point. If it's going to be acceptable, it will have to be a gradual thing.

Firefox,

So right, but as so many want to wear stiletto heels only, never block heels - and that IS a quantum leap from regular guys shoes. Really the more I think about this and my own past experiences too, most guys get a high/buzz from wearing stiletto heels and couple it with stockings, suspenders etc and therefore a sex toy and because the threat of being caught in doing something "wrong" is stimulating (but it doesn't harm anyone). I've gone past that and enjoy wearing heels as part of the overall look, as have you, Xaphod, Kneehighs, maximilian etc.etc. I so wish more would look at this from a fashion rather than a sexual viewpoint.

Amanda,

Would it perhaps be the heel shape? I draw the conclusion that it is not the height. This boot has a gents size heel, albeit with a slight Cuban influence, but nevertheless it is wide and stable. Certainly it is a high heel.

Now from someone who said heels on men were unacceptable, and I can certainly understand as my SO is of the same opinion, here is an example that you do find acceptable. Shame they cost an eye-watering £400 a pair. I must therefore conclude that the term heels has not been defined properly.

A wingtip brogue boot (pictured below) is masculine and very similar in design to the Avatar boot, but it has a 3.5" heel, just 1/2" higher than the Avatar boots. This was designed and sold as a womans boot, is it now unacceptable, and why?

In case anyone want to know, click this link to got to the shop http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Men/Shoes/Business/P-Jonny-Boot-Betis.aspx

TB2

"A wingtip brogue boot (pictured below) is masculine and very similar in design to the Avatar boot, but it has a 3.5" heel, just 1/2" higher than the Avatar boots. This was designed and sold as a womans boot, is it now unacceptable, and why?

In case anyone want to know, click this link to got to the shop http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBouti...oot-Betis.aspx

"

Nice looking boots although "too rich for my blood" lol. The avatar boots look great as well.

I think a man would have no problem incorporating those boots with a masculine look, even a conservative one. They would look great with a pair of dark trousers, an office shirt and a sweater on top. Dark boot cut jeans would look good as well. You could also wear a jacket to complete the look.

I call those heels starter heels, i.e. heels a public first timer could wear with no problem and without getting too much attention. They are also great starter heels in a sense that they would be acceptable as mens footwear fairly quickly in the publics eyes. It's all a matter of having fashion designers design and label them as unisex boots, not womens boots.

I've already seen 2 inch ankle boots designed for men, as well as mens shoes with a pointed toe (not western boots) so progress is being made.

well i wear heels out all the time, accompanied or not. People may look, but they look at women wearing hats nowadays - as it's not in mainstream fashion. People look at emos, at original hairstyles. Sometimes u can be sure it's because the wearer has the bollocks (sic) to wear heels. It does surprise me how some new members are virtually ashamed to be seen wearing heels - please be confident and dont look at your feet when you're out. Presume its okay !!

Hi! Amanda, Dr. Shoe, TB2, Foxfire, billyb, radiodave, Maximilian!, thedesigner, Richie, I do appreciate all of your comments, but the title keeps hitting my conscience. Discussing the type or style of heel we should wear is the focus here if we are just sitting. We need to be engaged in restoring the right to choose for our own desired look. This should lead our thoughts and actions. As long as we keep letting society choose for us, we will always be looking over our shoulder and we will never be free. Activism has to be deliberate and calculated in subtle ways, otherwise the male heeling cause could be set back or damaged, like PETA does in its activist pursuits. Furthermore, each one of us has to make sure we are good citizens of the community and that we have a zest for life. We must also be active in other good causes, such as seeking higher education, helping those who are in need to better their lot, or volunteering our time for our choice of political views, and etc. We must keep our own personal habits of grooming and housekeeping exemplary and make sure there is no reason for social recourse or disappointment. Keep our finances in order, including a savings plan, and don't become indebted unless it becomes necessary and even then work hard to repay the debt as soon as possible. We, as in males and females, are responsible heelers, so lets get heeling responsibly.

There has been alot of talk about the fashion industry being repulsed by the idea of men in heels. I find that there are two types of fashionistas. The real, bona fide fashionista and the wannabe. The bona fide fashionista can take clothing and analyze it's construction, or deconstruction rather. A real fashionista has the vocabulary to articulate the uniqueness, flow, proportions, eras, etc. of an outfit. I've found that the bona fide fashionista is actually very open to a man in stilettos. I say that because I've been attending London Fashion Week for 5 days now and been totally immersed in the scene here. The wannabe fashionista thinks that if they follow the trends that are popularized by the celebrity world, they are fashion conscious consumers. And if they aren't following the A list celebrities, they are following the B list celebrity status inherent in the modeling industry. These types think they know fashion, but in reality have married celebritidom with fashion so deeply, they've lost the art inherent in fashion. Sadly, since the wannabe composes the majority of the buying consumer public, the chances that designers and manufacturers would ever take the risk to market skinny heels to men in the Western world seem pretty small. Back to the topic now, but my opinion again is that the bona fide fashion industry public, those that treat clothing like a work of art and analyze it like a work of art, are actually quite open to men in any kind of heel.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

hi guys & gals i just want to say that today i went out in my guy shorts & high heel sandles and hawian shirt I decided to go to a second hand clothing store here in footscray a suburb of melbourne australia .I went in got a couple of looks from the staff but nothing was said I proceeded to the ladies skirt section & started looking through the racks & found 3 skirts i liked i went to the change rooms tried them on 2didn't fit 1 was ok so i went back to the racks and looked alittle more and found something i really liked,went& tried it & it fitted well so i left the skirt on and hung up the others on the appropriate rack as you exit the changr rooms. Walked to the register & paid for my skirt . Got a couple of looks while standing in line but nobody said anything the skirt i chose was a cargo style with 2 pocket low down on the front/ side in alight kahkie colour like new cost $ 6.00 what a price . then i decided i'll walk around to a shoe shop i frequent in the area so i went in and was browsing the shoe racks in my newskirt heeled sandles & hawian shirt when this dark skinned lady looks me up & down & says are you in some sort of club or something bieng dressed like that. I replied no .i just like to wear high heel shoes & skirts. I asked her do you think i look rediculos she looked me up & down again & said no actually you look really nice the skirt looks well on you it co ordinates with the shirt & the hh sandles look good as well .I thanked her for speaking to me & asked where she was from she said Papua & New guinea & was here studing I must admit i felt very at ease with this lady. I wondered how old she was . Then i just asked how old are you 39 she replied . We talked alittle longer we introduced our selves she said my name is Ruby & i told her my nane was Malcolm ,we shook hands & she said maybe i'll se you around sometime she left the store . I broused a little more & asked the lady sales attendant about a particular shoe she tried to find one but had no more in that size S he said but just keep calling back in as they are always getting new styles I said do you mind me coming in dressed in high heels & skirt .Her reply it dosen't bother me do you feel comfortable dressed like that ,yes was my reply , well she said that's all that matters I left the store walked back to the car & thought what agreat reaction to a guy in a skirt & high heels .No this wasn't the first time i 'vedone this & i'll tell a few more stories in the near future cheers malinheels:wave:

I love stilettos but I wear my 3" block heels all the time but the boots I got last year are 4" heels and I'm just in love with them, I can and have had them on all day with out problems. See what you think of the heels on them.

Firefox,

Amanda,

TB2

post-5557-133522853345_thumb.jpg

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I love stilettos but I wear my 3" block heels all the time but the boots I got last year are 4" heels and I'm just in love with them, I can and have had them on all day with out problems. See what you think of the heels on them.

Sorry! I had problems with the 2nd picture, we will see if I have it.

Firefox,

Amanda,

TB2

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

What about a National or world men in heels day?. You need to engineer something that will give all those men who wish to a reason/chance/ excuse to wear heels for a day. Charity events/sponsored heel wearing for good causes, more magazine and newspaper articles. You really should try and fastrack the process before you're all too old to wear heels in public without fear of prejudice.

I remember reading an article in a magazine that men will be wearing heels in all walks of life. that must have been in 1969/1970. I didn't believe it. We all know about the 1970's. So with that in mind we must first get the ear of some shoe designers, then the popular magazines and finally a celeb or two. How one does it I don't know, but I think it is the route required.

Metaltips, sure there is that angle, but its about walking a mile in HER shoes. I believe the idea is to loose the boundary that heels in general are female only items. Whilst this organisation is doing much for its cause and more power too them and of course everyone will understand why men participate, this does nothing for the idea of men wearing heels as a matter of course. It is necessary to divorce the idea that heels are the preserve of women although IMHO, stiletto heels will never be accepted for men. I don't think many men want them as regular footwear but would certainly be open to cuban styles if they were offered in the 2" - 4" range.

TB2

You are right in that most men as daily wear probably would not wear stiletto heels and most would probably take to wearing shoes with a chunky or block heel of 2” – 4” if that was the current style, but I believe that the biggest resistance could come from women, as there seems to a fear that they will lose their sexual appeal if men are wearing heels also, see Amanda snakes post in the girls section. I personally will always find a lady in nice heels sexy even if I was wearing heels myself and in this day and age of equality this may be payback for all of the struggles women have gone through from men just a thought. For the ladies that read this you will never lose your sex appeal and power over men!

billyb, Of course the ladies wont loose out to us, I cant see a man power dressing in a skirt suit nylons and 4" heels, even though a lOT of men would secretly love to dress exactly that way. No what it is about is getting designs out there that men will want to wear and that are not feminine. We've been over this lots of times now. It was managed quite well in the 70's, fortunately I lived through that period and we all had a blast. Its getting that style round again. It is such a shame the YSL Johnny boot is soooo expensive 'cos it is exactly the look that men would wear in the blink of an eye, well those who dress properly anyway. YSL has been running the model for 5 years now, with subtle variations and they wouldn't bother to keep making 7cm heeled boots if they weren't selling. I popped into YSL in Bond Street on Saturday with my wife to prove to her my boots were in the men section. She couldn't quite bring herself to believe me, tsk tsk. The assistant said he sells on average two pairs per day. now if they were in the £150 or so bracket that say Dune would charge, then they would sell many more pairs. There were a pair in Aligator on the shelf - they were a snip at - wait for it - £4019.00, yup over 4 grand. I put them down really fast! I couldn't personally think of a more masculine shoe that has style in spades, and maybe Amanda might just agree. So many ladies have compimented me on them its almost embarrasing. TB2

From post #4

Amanda,

You never did get back to us with your thoughts. Where is the line crossed?

TB2

4 thousand pounds ;) ?!?!?! What did they kill, a 400 year old aligator to make those? Just think of all the other pairs of high heeled shoes/boots (and I don't even mean the cheap Chinese ones) you could buy with 4 g's. If I'd buy those I'd put them in a glass box and charge admission.

• 1 month later...

4 thousand pounds :roll: ?!?!?! What did they kill, a 400 year old aligator to make those?

Just think of all the other pairs of high heeled shoes/boots (and I don't even mean the cheap Chinese ones) you could buy with 4 g's.

If I'd buy those I'd put them in a glass box and charge admission.

LOL:lmao:

i think worrying about what others find to be acceptable...why dont we just call a spade a spade here...politically correct is a total waste of time. even if you did and wore what "they" wanted you to someone would dislike your ass for one reason or another. so why worry about it? and if you are really serious about following your own fashion/fetish tastes you are just going to have to accept that your are peeing into the wind and that you will get wet. no other way around it. or you could pretend you are a mindless,brainnumbed sheep like the good portion of society. so i ask you,which path is worse? being who you are or living a lie?

What about a National or world men in heels day?.

You need to engineer something that will give all those men who wish to a reason/chance/ excuse to wear heels for a day.

You really should try and fastrack the process before you're all too old to wear heels in public without fear of prejudice.

Amanda: Heel meets are fine as a rally of sorts, but reading thru the string sounds like there is really no clear definition of what the "unacceptible" thing is to women regarding men wearing heels.

I would agree with others who have said, it's only about what you're familiar with, and familiarity changes like fashion with the times. Whether that takes a rally or simply enough guys wearing heels publicly until that, like earings and handbags, becomes commonplace or at least "acceptable".

Nice thread, though. Really got a lot of people talking.

Dan

Guys wearing heels are just a sense of fashion, sexyness, feeling and sense for all us heelers. A movement like woman wearing pants in the past was not just a movement for ladies in pants - was a movement for ladies freedom and social justice, the pants where just the icon, that became commom fashion in the end and the simbol of the free women. I don't think we need a movement for acceptance since it will never solve nothing, either it changes some minds or not. What I think is that to wear heels regularly, specially here in this "macho" country, is that it should become mainstream someway in the local fashion industry. I keep my heeling indoors and some selected night clubs for a while and cautiously in the way from the door to my car. Of course I'm trying to save money to go to England and the participate the heelmeet where I will be totally comfortable around our friends here and show the world I can wear heels, unfortunatelly when you're married your money serves both and common priority is not that this time.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I think back to my first episode of "street-heeling". It was using a pair of guy's platform clogs, back in the 70's. What a wonderful experience! They boosted my height by 3.75 inches. After they wore out, the trend had passed, and I thought "well, that's over". I had never considered shoe-shopping on the other side of the aisle. I started to shop in that aisle; at first I was as nervous as could be---but it becomes easier. My first purchase was a pair of women's open-back sneakers, which I sometimes wear today. Now by most frequent footwear is high-heel open-back clogs. How does HH Place sustain itself? Is it from advertising? I will ad the fact that I also like pumps and Mary Janes so long as there is a little toe-cleavage showing (I wear Comfilon pantyhose; but that's a subject for another time.):roll: