For the 'guests' on this forum...

SarahLou

Yes, I agree with Sarah Lou. The more the participants, the better the insight and understanding we all should be looking for. I've been on this forum approximately four months, and I have enjoyed the openness of the discussions and the different views stated. Come on and have some fun throwing in your comments and views. If it gets too outrageous the moderators help to tone it down, but they seem to be pretty open-minded. May be you have some concerns about high heel wearing to be address. This is definitely the place. Ciao!

Quite a few of the guests are first time or only time visitors who have no real wish to "get involved". Others are lurkers who don't have the nerve to register let alone post and others are banned members.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sometimes it takes "lurkers" a couple of years to register. I don't have a problem with that, I have a feeling that a lot of them eventually do.

Have a happy time!

Thats fair enough. Took me a little while to register, but I was just posting some words of encouragement to anyone who might be a little unsure of joining. I only had good intentions with this thread...didnt mean to force anyone into joining.

Some of those guest's are also search engines indexing the website. But to encourage more guest's to join, we started using image attachments on posts then set the website so that non-members cannot see the attachments. Saves a ton of bandwidth but more importantly, lurkers start to actually join up.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Some of those guest's are also search engines indexing the website.

But to encourage more guest's to join, we started using image attachments on posts then set the website so that non-members cannot see the attachments.

Saves a ton of bandwidth but more importantly, lurkers start to actually join up.

As an ex-lurker I was not too pleased with this new policy.:smile: Then there was that " mens leg contest" in the " for the guys" forum that draw me over line to register.

Greetings Hans

I spent about one year just reading and never registered as I had no private e-mail adress, only a company e-mail which can not be used as such. Now I created an e-mail at Yahoo and started to post. Maybe there's a lot of people out there in this same case.

As an ex-lurker I was not too pleased with this new policy.:wave: Then there was that " mens leg contest" in the " for the guys" forum that draw me over line to register.

Greetings Hans

Thats the whole point, if everybody was a lurker, there wouldnt be any content, no discussion and the "community" would just be a bunch of bored admins with members all waiting for somebody else to say something.

Anybody ever sat in a doctors waiting room where nobody will say anything to each other, yet everybody in there is from the same community and all living local to each other.... Thats what you would have here if everybody just stayed a lurker :smile:

So, if it helps motivate people to give a little back and join in then its got to be good right?

Like Celso said, there are plenty of free email services available such as yahoo, hotmail, gmail so the old excuse of "I dont have an email address" doesnt really apply anymore.

Ok. I just wanted more topics to talk about with new members etc, anyway can this thread can be deleted?

SarahLou, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your bringing up this topic of discussion! There is no reason at all to delete this thread. We do want lurkers to register and join the conversation and you are just giving them a little nudge in that direction :smile: .

Have a happy time!

I believe I give the lurkers and particularly those individuals who have a genuine interest a little more credit. They see the events that sometimes take place here and simply elect to avoid them. Additionally, those individuals may have interests in topics that can't be found here. Personally, from this female's point of view, there is a host of good in depth topics that never appear or simply die. This is a credit to SarahLou's interest in creating new topics with new members. Then there is the reality of "joining" something on the internet and it's attachment to what we'd like to believe is our "privacy". People may simply be reluctant to join. I don't know their thoughts or concerns and neither does anyone else here. I'd say, let's give them the benefit of doubt and let them make their choices. Susan

To require all members both new and old to contibute regularly could easily end up being a fools move. The forums that do have this kind of requirement tend to be full of marginal, if not off topic material and spam. They also tend to be a moderator's nightmare to control. Those who do have something constructive and on topic to say, let them speak. Let the others listen, they might learn something.

To require all members both new and old to contibute regularly could easily end up being a fools move.

Who said anything about us requiring new and old members to contribute regularly? (None of the team have said anything like this?)

Our aim is just to "encourage" the lurkers to maybe participate, join in, or at least "give it a go"

Nobody is, or can ever force them, but its always nice to see other new members encouraging others out of the woodwork :smile: