Using Halloween to your advantage?

NewfieGuyInHeels

Hey, I was sitting around the other day trying to think of a costume for halloween, then it occured to me! I have (what I think) is an awesome idea for a costume. But before I tell everyone (and show cause I haven't done a pic yet) I was wondering if anyone else here is gonna use Halloween as an excuse (reason, etc) to push your limits? Maybe try some other freestyle fashions for the first time in public?

Hey, I was sitting around the other day trying to think of a costume for halloween, then it occured to me! I have (what I think) is an awesome idea for a costume. But before I tell everyone (and show cause I haven't done a pic yet) I was wondering if anyone else here is gonna use Halloween as an excuse (reason, etc) to push your limits? Maybe try some other freestyle fashions for the first time in public?

As I will be in a country (USA) where Halloween is a really big thing, I for sure will push the limits. Back in Sweden there are no parades, just the "trick or treat" thing with the neighbourhood kids.

If my outfit will be "freestyle fashion"? I doubt it. I will push the envelope further towards fetish fashion. With some luck you might see some pics from NYC later on.

If anyone of you should be in New York for Halloween, let's get in contact

Not to burst anyone's bubble but to push the limits to dress up for halloween is one thing but to use it for an excuse is just wrong in my opinion. If you want to wear heels in public, than just do it and be yourself without an excuse. Have fun!

real men wear heels

I think this will be the year that I give something I've been wanting to do for years it's public debut. It's a really, really short flippy black dress worn over fishnet pantyhose with Fredericks of Hollywood red strappy sandals with 5" heels, all topped off with a nun's headpiece, long stick-on nails and "Elvira" style make up. I call this "Bad Habits," others may call it a "one way ticket to hell!" Most of the year I'm seen out as a regular guy that just happens to be wearing heels, but come Halloween... look out normality!

I would love to get dressed up and go out for halloween in heels and a dress and have a good time with it. However my 7 year old daughter would not be able to handle that. She saw something a little more feminine of mine about a year ago and she still brings it up occassionally to my wife. When my youngest is content with going to Grandma's for a weekend we'll go out and have a good time we'll get dressed up and go out to a bar, club, or party somewhere but till that time I'll just have to wait.

I live in Southern California, getting all dressed up and going down to Hollywood is awesome. I'm looking for a sexy pirate costume to wear with my 4 inch stilettos for Halloween.

Try electrique boutique

real men wear heels

I'm now watching them on TV (television that is) there are still more fires burning but it is still unclear when they CAN be put out, its both very dry & still quite windy in those places (not so much out where I live down by the beach, but I'm about 20 miles away from the SANTIAGO fires & it is more windy out there, fires still not controlled as of yet.

Ehh im not so far from the Lake piru ones. i was out in san bernardino the other day coming back from indio and had seen alot of the smoke. but as for halloween. im totally going to dress up. haha my original plan was to get 6 inch heels. but for the time being..i must use my payless ones...due to lack of money and due to inexperience with 6 inch so far. Maybe next year!

About 20 years ago, when I was first gaining my courage to even buy heels I would specifically buy several pair around hallowen. My logic was that it wasn't uncommon for people to do things out of the ordinary around the season, so I wold have some psychological cover. Hey, maybe he was buying them for a costume...etc. Today, I look back on it as kind of silly, but before resources like the Internet which allow us to share our experiences, it was awfully lonely. However, I wish I had that excuse for other silly things and impressions I had in my 20's. LOL

Style is built from the ground up!

Looking back at holloween. My mother dressed me up as a little girl a couple years in grammer school when we paraded through all the rooms to show off our costumes. I got to wear the red 3 or 4" pumps she gave me to play with at home. I loved clip-clopping through all the classes in those pumps. I don't really think my mom thought anything of it then, but if she knew now? I think she would understand. Hmmmm, maby that's where it all began.

real men wear heels

How did your father react to you wearing heels and dressing as a girl?

He was on the road driving truck. Don't ever remember him being there to much for me. Didn't matter anyway. Everything I did was wrong. Past

real men wear heels

Well, as for me. My costume is going to be a Gothic School Girl. I have black knee high vinyl 5 inch chunky heel boots, Black Fishnets, a short grey and black plaid skirt, a black blouse with the sleeves rolled up a bit, a black and white plaid narrow neck tie, a black curly wig with pig tails, and black lipstick eyeline, and nailpolish. And we'll (being My gf, a couple of her friends and I) be going to the local university's bar. So tons of collage students around my age will be there. No pics yet, but I promise I'll post a couple afterwards.

Well, as for me. My costume is going to be a Gothic School Girl. I have black knee high vinyl 5 inch chunky heel boots, Black Fishnets, a short grey and black plaid skirt, a black blouse with the sleeves rolled up a bit, a black and white plaid narrow neck tie, a black curly wig with pig tails, and black lipstick eyeline, and nailpolish. And we'll (being My gf, a couple of her friends and I) be going to the local university's bar. So tons of collage students around my age will be there. No pics yet, but I promise I'll post a couple afterwards.

That is so cool. I love that look! Espically the skirt. I have a few myself for play. Oops, not a secret any more. Oh well.

Can't wait to see the pic NewFie.

real men wear heels

I was wondering Newfieguy if your boots will be like mine, seen in my avitar-the black ones & also some pics that I finally made of me wearing them (@last) (DEMONIA make all so very cool goth boots, thats why I got the ones you see in my avitar, the MONET style there called)

Well all, I'm just home from the halloween party at the bar. I went with My gf and two of our friends. It was an awesome night. Tons of costumes, but I had the best boots/heels out of them all :smile: I caught a few guys checking me out, and then they found out or realized I was a guy and felt really bad for themselves. No violent responces, just good laughs. I took a few pics, but I'll just show the best one I got of me, hope you all enjoy.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/101_0501.jpg

I'm planning to go to a cinema to watch two horrors, and have an after-party in a les club. For that special night, I'll be wearing a white shirt with a stand-up collar, a white tie, leather pants & long blazer and perhaps a vest. Of course I'll paint my nails black, use some eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Great outfit Newfieguy!! Went to bars this weekend, one Friday and two Saturday. I have a great wife, but she is not into my heel thing nor is she into dressing up on Halloween. Friday night I dressed as Frankenstein with large wool pants, a long sleeved black t-shirt, and an old sport coat that was too small for me. I used green makeup on my face and hands. I put on black nail polish (the wife hated that, but tolerated it). Then I had a black wig with hair that went all over (to cover my bald head) then a green Frankenstein mask. The disquise part was Groucho glasses over the Frankenstein mask. On my feet I had some huge mud boots probably used in concrete construction. They were so big I wore shoes inside of the boots. The shoes I chose were 4" platform heel boots. They made me look taller, but with the construction boots and pants, it looked real. You walk into the bar, take off the glasses and act like everyone should recognize you. Take of the mask (it was hot and you can't drink beer thru it) and my face is green. It was a 3 way disquise. Had a great time, some gals asked me to dance. It was hard to dance, not because of the heels, but because of the construction boots that were 10 sizes too big. I did manage to twirl her around a few times and she was happy. Saturday night my wife did not want to dress up again, so I went to the local bar to watch 3rd game of the World Series. Boston 10, Colorado 5. I left the house in my new 3-1/2" stilletto heeled pointed toe boots with jeans. They were quite obvious when I was sitting on the bar stool. No comments. I was prepared with "Well, it is Halloween", - but not even a glance. It was great. Makes me think I could wear those boots to the bar anytime. Maybe people are getting more accepting. (nail polish was off - not that brave yet.)

Great outfit, Newfie! You look awesome! :smile: A few years ago, I went as a cowboy. It was a last minute costume put-together and I realized I didn't have any cowboy boots. So I opted for my pointy toe stiletto boots which at first glance are the same type of idea. I went threw the whole night with no one noticing and it really complemented the outfit.

"Bad Habits" went over very well last weekend. :smile: Mrs Geo also went as a nun, but the more traditional kind. I had to substitute the sandals for a pair of bright red 5" ankle-strap pumps as the straps of the sandals were cutting in too much after a just a few minutes. When we got to the party, there was a little round of "wow", "sexy outfit" and "how do you walk in those shoes", but that soon passed we had a good time with friends. Time to start thinkiing about our costumes for next Halloween. We thought about Star Trek characters... guess who'll be wearing the mini-dress and go-go boots? :wave: Back to regular clothes and subtle shoes for another year.

We have our party a little after halloween on 10 November, I'll be doing a Goth guy in heels. Floor length skirt, corset, white shirt, black tie. Full armlength fishnet gloves (and fishnets on the legs) with heavy dark makeup and nails done in black with wite tips. Done most of the needle work myself including the corset of which I'm very proud of.

Just have to choose the footwear style for this. I have 5,5" round toe block heel platforms or very pointy 4" stiletto boots.

Will post some pics after the party.

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

Posted Image

Posted Image

that's how I went out for Halloween. It was really thrown together, and I didn't even plan to wear the pumps originally (I was gonna don my wedge boots but the weather was VERY nice). I got tons of compliments and even got away with chiding a few women (playfully, of course) about taking their shoes off :smile:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde