Can I wear this skirt?

Heel-Lover

Hi Muddypaws,

the heels are a custom build that Italianheels did for me in an opalised red leather. 6 Inch stiletto heel. I fitted toe plates, metal heel taps and foot petals at a later stage (which I do for all my shoes since they get a lot of mileage). I also get the linings customised in either beige or pink leather.

rgds

Heel-Lover

:unsure:

Thanks heel-lover. I have often looked (with envy) at Italian Heels, they have some wonderful designs. I have always fancied the good OLD faithful Sophia, one of their first, but still my favourite.

Someday I may get around to some!.... Their range has enlarged enormously.

Muddypaws.8)

• 3 weeks later...

Heel-Lover, Let me join the others in congratulating you on stepping out in such a bold manner. For me the idea of a 3 piece skirt suit is so nice, however the hemline is certainly a bit too north for me. The picture of Debbie from our Gallery wearing a pinstripe skirt shown below would look well on you, I think. Your thread starting question, although you do wear the skirt well, I don't like what I see. The above waist view is too smooth when compared to the below waist view. The hem length is IMHO in the right place. As for the shoes, yum yum, to all the shoes you have pictured in this thread and elsewhere. Even though I am a heel wearer and have done so now for 2 years on a daily basis wearing 2" - 4" heels, they are block heels at least 1" x 1" and worn with trousers from the ladies rack (nice cut and materials), or as I like to call them - left handed trousers. Wearing a skirt, hose and heels as you do is something I for one would love to add to my daily wear especially in the warmer months, but whilst my SO just about accepts that I do heels (as long as they are in her opinion "Dike" thus masculine looking, and something she wouldn't consider wearing), she would loose it completely if I wore a skirt, stockings and court shoes (pumps) let alone stiletto heels. I have expressed a desire for a full Scottish dress tartan outfit for formal dinners we sometimes attend instead of the usual penguin suit we men all wear, but because I am not Scottish (except in surname) and I like and do wear high heeled footwear, she has a big reservation about the kilt thing - its a skirt that can only be worn by women or Scotsmen. Irrational or what! I know she would be fine with it if it was out there and seen in the fashion press, but it isn't. I suppose this is one of my gripes in that fashion designers have tried to do skirts for men, but like all runway fashions, they are so way out, no one can really see themselves wearing it. Would a look like yours be put forth by a really big name, then finally, we may make progress in blurring the gender lines for clothing. However, I fear that such a big name designer would not go there for fear of ridicule - now why does that sound familiar. Sorry to rant. Please keep doing your thing and keep on posting your pics. How about showing us all something of your beautiful country from your travels. I am told it is amazing. Cheers for now TB2

post-1002-133522847516_thumb.jpg

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you most certainly can wear this as well as the other skirts. I love all of the skirts you have modeled and do love the first one. The skirt with the sheer hemline is very nice for evening attire; that's what makes it so great. I think a more feminine look is highly appropriate for the look you achieved. The other skirts are very nice as well, but more "professional," if that's the right word. As for the bare legs, I like that a whole lot. Here in the States, the bare leg look has been in for quit some time, almost to the point that hosiery manufacturers are in a bit of a panic. Besides, you have the legs for it! I am not a big fan of the seemed stockings, just a bit over the top for my taste. Though that is a fairly strange statement since we are talking about wearings heels and skirts...LOL Also, thanks for the ideas for outfits as well!!! Keep it up...

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for this post... My personal feeling about your skirts is that the first one is more girly than the second. But I need to admit, that the "business" aspect of the straight one is what I'm always looking for in a skirt.

I'm really admiring people like you who have enough strong mind to wear such kind of feminine attribute outside. I'm not a gay or a feminine guy at all, and my neighbors are seeing me like a real man, but I love to wear skirt (not from long time) and I would like to be free to choose my clothes without the fear about comments. In my country of residence, this kind of attitude is still not tolerate

So... Continue like this and don't be afraid to post again your nice pics.. :smile:

• 8 months later...

Hey all. I'm not one to open new threads if I find one that maybe of relevance , so I hope no one minds me bringing back an old thread.

I bought a skirt for last halloween when I dressed up as a gothy school girl, the only time I went out in public in drag or in a skirt for that matter. But I had it on the other day (just cause) and I started wondering about wearing it with other male attire. I put together one outfit that I REALLY like, so I did a pic, and I'd like to share it with all of you, please feel free to share any imput you may have, I'm strong, I can take criticisim :o Thanks!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me192.jpg

I think it could work newfie. It looks more like a kilt to me. I don't think it works with the current outfit, especially the shoes. But with the right stuff I would say it is definitely doable.

I do agree with the comments that the layered one doesn't quite work with the more formal attire on top. The pinstripe one could work very well especially with black (possibly seamed) stockings. I quite envious to be honest but I can't even consider wearing a skirt in work but would like something different for other occations. I do have a long skirk that I got a while ago (see attached pic) so a pair of boots could work with this. I'd be interested in other's opinions. Generally though I'm looking something a bit less formal than Thighboots2's suggestion. Wearing a kilt for other formal occasions (not that I get much of a chance) is different but again it's very masculine and is traditionally worn with Ghillie Brogues - I'm not sure heel (even block ones) would work.

post-12726-133522862428_thumb.jpg