Can I wear this skirt?

Heel-Lover

Is this skirt too girly? If I wear a skirt I usually wear pencil skirts with plain hems but this skirt has a flared shape and is layered. It is lined to the knee but the last 4 inches are not lined so you can see through the bottom of the skirt. Can I wear this? - does it work with a jacket combo? I am getting a bit more adventerous but I don't want to go over the top either...Looking forward to some advice... thanks Heel-Lover

post-642-1335228461_thumb.jpg

post-642-133522846102_thumb.jpg

post-642-133522846103_thumb.jpg

Luxxyheels, Yes I do wear stockings as well. the problem with stockings is keeping the seams straight (on the traditional styles) and with all stockings is the lengevity of the garment. I find I go through soo many pairs, and relatively they work out to be very expensive. Added to this is the fact that with short hems and splits on skirts you can innocently end up flashing the welts/ bare skin which I think is innapropriate for me to do. Wearing stockings is fun though - and they are surprisingly warm in winter (even the sheer ones) I like peep-toe style pumps which don't go so well with reinforced traditional stocking toes.... If I wear a stockings it is because I want the colouration/ and or because my legs aren't looking their best. Cheers Heel-Lover

My first impression was not caring for the see through portion. I think it makes the skirt look too short in proportion to the jacket. I think a solid skirt would look better. Other than that I think the overall look is good. (Nice shoes to.) I’m just starting to venture into wearing a skirt with thigh boots with 5” heels in public. I tend to go for a shorter skirt or skort. I have done this a couple of times, and enjoyed the outings, but I seem to keep coming back to wearing my boots over jeans. Have you tried a skirt with knee length (or higher) boots? Have you worn a skirt/jacket outfit in public? If so what were the reactions?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi Thghboot Guy, thanks for the compliments. Answers are: yes I have tried a skirt and boots combination. It comes back to what I prefer the look and feel of - and I am a pump/ slingback adddict. There doesn't appear to be the range of styles and colours in boots either - but that might be just me. yes I wear these in public - 99% during the middle of the day. I don't wear these in my office but I am out and around the city/ regions every day and as soon as I leave the office the skirt and heels are on for the day. Reactions are mostly non-existent, and are mainly dependant on me. If I talk to people and say hi etc... then I will get questions usually along the lines of "how do you walk in those" etc...or "I love your shoes" etc...or "Why do you wear a skirt?"

from the viewpoint of a hetero, skirt & feminine shoe-wearing male: the look is nicely coordinated, but doesn't appeal to me as i prefer the fuller legs of most women. i think the ruffle at the bottom is a bit much, but not offensive in any way. i couldn't wear it, but if it makes you feel good that is the most important thing. if i was to change anything, it would either be to eliminate the ruffle o to make the skirt longer (lower calf length is where my comfort zone starts). r1g0r

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

What I think bothers some of us about the outfit, me included, but has not been stated, is that the look is "mixed-up." The jacket and shirt proclaim office/business attire, but the sheer skirt and high stilettos say "PARTY!" You can't put them together like that without this uncomfortable juxtaposition. Go with a longer straight skirt without the sheer ruffle at the bottom, and lower heels, to achieve a solid business look, or toss the jacket and wear a frilly top and some jewelry for a party look. I agree, hosiery would look more attractive. Especially black sheer hose. That's more sophisticated for either business or party dress. GWL

Is this skirt too girly? If I wear a skirt I usually wear pencil skirts with plain hems but this skirt has a flared shape and is layered. It is lined to the knee but the last 4 inches are not lined so you can see through the bottom of the skirt. Can I wear this? - does it work with a jacket combo?

I am getting a bit more adventerous but I don't want to go over the top either...Looking forward to some advice...

thanks

Heel-Lover

:w00t2:Great style and shape.

Love it all.

Magic heels.

Muddypaws:clap:

I've a question! Why, when you say you constantly wear your skirts, hose and heels out and about everywhere during normal business hours, are you hiding your face? After all, if what you say is true, chances are that not one of your customers or fellow workers -- or, anyone else you might know, for that matter -- will ever see you here. Your cover (if that's the proper term) is already blown from appearing in public everyday dressed "demi-feminine."

I've a question! Why, when you say you constantly wear your skirts, hose and heels out and about everywhere during normal business hours, are you hiding your face? After all, if what you say is true, chances are that not one of your customers or fellow workers -- or, anyone else you might know, for that matter -- will ever see you here. Your cover (if that's the proper term) is already blown from appearing in public everyday dressed "demi-feminine."

I think I can answer that.

This is the internet, its not just a few people on the street... Its potentially the whole world. I wear heels out n about, but id never put my face up here for all to see. It may be illogical but thats the way I feel.

Luxxyheels, some pics since you are cheekily asking for some.

What about this? Straight skirt with the same jacket etc.... oh and black hosiery to keep you happy. I varied the shoes a bit for fun.

HAHA. Thanks though. You have a great set of pins 8).

Hi JNR, Mikey63 says it well but I also am in the situation where not everyone I deal with knows that I wear a skirt and heels hence I am reserved about publishing some pictures. Approx 1/2 my time is spent in heels (nowadays most often paired with a skirt instead of trousers or jeans), the other 1/2 is in normal male attire. rgds Heel-Lover

I like the straight skirt a lot better with the jacket. It a very “business like” look that works well. The seamed hose are a nice touch but I think I prefer the plain ones. Like I said before, really nice shoes. I have been skirting around a bit and I find I either like the business look (matching jacket and skirt) or a short shirt or skort. I haven’t been able to find a look I like with a longer skirt. Oh well part of the fun is in the looking for a look I like, and I do have a preference for thigh boots. I am still floored by the fact you can spend 50% of you time in a skirt and heels (floored and a little envious). I am, however, delighted you have found a look you like and are in an environment where you can enjoy it. I’m sure that part (a large part) of that environment is created by your self confidence. Please give us a few posts about being out in a skirt and heels. Although I do enjoy going out in a skirt, I’m still trying to wrap my head around the idea and another perspective would help.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Luxxyheels, some pics since you are cheekily asking for some.

What about this? Straight skirt with the same jacket etc.... oh and black hosiery to keep you happy. I varied the shoes a bit for fun.

:smile:Yes you can.

They all look great. I love the sling backs. needles!

Muddypaws

Hi, Todays heels were a bit vibrant... thought it worked but I have had a few more "funny" looks than usual... One of the girls I spoke to said red was the in colour and could be paired with almost anything, but she wasn't sure of the pink. (b.t.w. she wore Laboutins in patent red - a truely beautiful shoe in the real, very very high but she sailed effortlessly in them) rgds Heel-Lover

post-642-133522846688_thumb.jpg

post-642-133522846695_thumb.jpg

post-642-133522846698_thumb.jpg

post-642-133522846702_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Todays heels were a bit vibrant... thought it worked but I have had a few more "funny" looks than usual... One of the girls I spoke to said red was the in colour and could be paired with almost anything, but she wasn't sure of the pink. (b.t.w. she wore Laboutins in patent red - a truely beautiful shoe in the real, very very high but she sailed effortlessly in them)

I forgot to say what lovely legs you have. Jealous!!!!

rgds Heel-Lover

8)

I absolutely adore those shoes. The whole outfit is just great. It looks fabulous. don't change a thing.

Jealousy will get me nowhere. The clothes are easy to create, but whose are those shoes and where from?????????????????

You mention "Louboutin" not yours! They are good enough to be.:boxing::unsure:

Muddypaws

Hi Muddypaws, the heels are a custom build that Italianheels did for me in an opalised red leather. 6 Inch stiletto heel. I fitted toe plates, metal heel taps and foot petals at a later stage (which I do for all my shoes since they get a lot of mileage). I also get the linings customised in either beige or pink leather. rgds Heel-Lover

Hi all, thanks for the compliments. JHS: my legs may look great but they are far from perfect. I am learning that wearing bare legs with these above knee skirts is hard work. I get waxed at the beauticians and in between have to exfoliate and moisturise etc.... You can't beat a bare groomed leg with a subtle shine (meaning high maintenance legs) as oposed to shiny stockings, or any stockings with slight imperfections in the weave (as they do get these after one or two wears) This is why I am trying to look after my legs, esp. if I want to pair my shoes with skirts. Matt stockings low denier (< 10) are ok IMO.... rgds Heel-Lover

I have to say you look really excellent in all those shots. In fact I was getting slightly turned & and envious (as in I want to go home and get dolled up). But I understand the hesitation on going out in that skirt. I have a couple like those & wear them all the time, they just feel great and make you look more femme, which I assume is the point. It all depends on how you feel. I personally wish I had the courage to go out like that. You look great though & those red heels, damn. Beautiful.