Shopping with the wife

radiodave

Yesterday my wife and I went looking for shoes. I had some heels in mind from Payless, and since they were having the "buy one, get one half off" promotion she figured I could get a pair too. I had my eye on these:

Posted Image

Granted, they are pretty flat, but I liked the look of them. My wife didn't find anything that tickled her fancy, and since she often has trouble wearing shoes with any kind of pointed toe, I didn't push the ones that I liked.

We went over to the Shoe Carnival next door, and she surprised me by picking out a pair of black patent mary janes with a 4" stiletto and open toe on them. She asked if I liked them (heck yeah!), and we were both surprised that they didn't squeeze her feet despite her wearing tube socks to try them on (couldn't find the disposable foot socks around). Very nice! The irony is normally I'm the one picking out the high heels for myself, and she's picking out the sensible ones. Here are her new ones:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8124288@N06/1172314278/

Been wearing my new ones today since it's a rainy day out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8124288@N06/1171202799/

OMG those shoes are exactly what I've been after for so long. I've been looking for a kind of "bridge-shoe". Something "pumpy", but not as extreme as high heels. You know, if I was to go completely "out of the closet" they would be a lead in to the "real thing". Those shoes are perfect for that.

Yesterday my wife and I went looking for shoes. I had some heels in mind from Payless, and since they were having the "buy one, get one half off" promotion she figured I could get a pair too. I had my eye on these:

Posted Image

A major no-no for me. In my opinion, there's way too much toe cleavage and the strap makes the toebox look too heavy. So, I dislike them [but, of course, some of you may find them nice].

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

A major no-no for me. In my opinion, there's way too much toe cleavage and the strap makes the toebox look too heavy. So, I dislike them [but, of course, some of you may find them nice].

I actually like the strap, but you may have a point on the toecleavage,

Well I think they're kinda cute but like Elegant, I don't like alot of toe cleavage but I do like the buckle. I'm not one for plane pumps. Gotta have straps,cut outs, buckles or some kind of added or different something but not to wild or girly.

real men wear heels

To each his own, I guess. I think the strap was what I found attractive, and the toe cleavage isn't so noticeable when I'm standing. Maybe Pumps is right though, if I was to "test the waters" for myself, these might be ones to start with.

Those shoes do look quite nice. However, I noticed on your flickr.com page that you have a pair of ballet heels. I think the ballet heels look even better. The mary janes are a pretty shoes for being out and about. The ballet heels are beautiful ones for fun at home and especially in the bedroom.

It's fun to shoe shop with the wife. My wife and I do it quite often. Sometimes she finds something, sometime I find something, and sometime we BOTH find something to wear together!!! It's fun !!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Those shoes do look quite nice. However, I noticed on your flickr.com page that you have a pair of ballet heels. I think the ballet heels look even better. The mary janes are a pretty shoes for being out and about. The ballet heels are beautiful ones for fun at home and especially in the bedroom.

Yes, the ballet heels are pretty extreme, but they are entertaining in more than one way...

Thanks all for the comments!

Just bought myself some similar "bridge shoes". They fit great and do not make noise when I walk. They're perfect for that. I allready gave them a test run in the mall. Nobody seemed to notice 8) Only thing is that flats are really not so great in the big sizes, but with the right outfit it can work.

post-5478-133522845043_thumb.jpg