NYC Heel Meet: Halloween Weekend, Sat Oct. 27th 12:00

kneehighs

Now Announcing 2d Annual NYC Halloween Heel Meet

Saturday, October 27th

Start Time: 12:00 - 12:30

Place: Via Delle Zoccolette

95 Avenue A, corner at 6th Street

Google MAP. Via Delle Zoccolette is on the lower Left Hand Corner of Tompkins Square Park

--this is not a restaurant that tourists visit. It is a "local" secret. The Lunch Prix fix (3 courses + OJ + Coffee or Tea =$9.95)

I have personally visited this restaurant and found their Contadina salad (mixed greens, balsamic dressing, pears, and Pecorino) delicious.

Further details to be announced!

8)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

This is great news 8) Of course I will be there too!

I hope to meet some old friends and of course also to make new ones. And the fact that it is the Saturday just before Halloween makes it even easier to streetheel.

Looking forward to meet you all there. It is just 2½ month away so make sure you take care of tickets and accomodation before it is too late.

$9.95 for lunch! Bargain. Just for that I'm tempted to come over in October instead of my plan to fly over in August/September. 8)

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Cool. Then to balance things out, we must meet at Daniel, one of the world's top rated French restaurants. It's only $98 U.S. per person, which is an equally good deal considering how much an equivalent dinner in Europe would cost.

Is anyone here up for a dinner at Daniel??

Is $98 for a main corse or for the full dinner including drinks?

Cool. Then to balance things out, we must meet at Daniel, one of the world's top rated French restaurants. It's only $98 U.S. per person, which is an equally good deal considering how much an equivalent dinner in Europe would cost.

Is anyone here up for a dinner at Daniel??

Is $98 for a main corse or for the full dinner including drinks?

$98 is for the 3 course tasting menu, which does not include drinks.

You will never have tasted food as good as that which they make at Daniel. Out of all the restaurants I've ever been to around the world, Daniel is the best....ever.

$98 is for the 3 course tasting menu, which does not include drinks.

You will never have tasted food as good as that which they make at Daniel. Out of all the restaurants I've ever been to around the world, Daniel is the best....ever.

So, let's see if we can get some one else joining us too. I could be up to it unless it becomes a habit..... (it would be a too expensive one I am afraid)

So, let's see if we can get some one else joining us too. I could be up to it unless it becomes a habit..... (it would be a too expensive one I am afraid)

We could probably go on the Friday night before the heel meet. There's a chance we could draw another local in as well. You won't regret it. William Grimes, former food critic of the New York Times, gave Daniel a FOUR star rating which is quite an accomplishment considering his standard for culinary excellence.

Well that's just great. I just dropped any plans on going to NY, because I had to buy a new outboard for my boat:cry1:

You guys have fun though.

That's okay...we'll see you in London!

Having comed back from Hamburg yesterday I now starts to long for my next trip, NYC in October. 8) I have to make sure I get the boots to the cobbler before that because it certainly is needed after the Hamburg trip. I am already getting excited and looking forward to all the things that I am going to do when there. I am much more prepared this time compared to last visit.

I see that the place to meet is the same as last time, Via Delle Zoccolette, and what I remember they serve good food. I also see that it is less than ½ mile from my rented apartment at St Marks Place.

So, you guys who haven't posted your attendance here yet, do so. It is a great way of meeting people with the same interest AND a great way to make new friends. Since last year I now have friends from many different places, Holland, USA, Canada, England, Germany, Denmark just to mention some. You will not regret if you take part in a heel meet.

• 2 weeks later...

If you plan on hanging out with us on Friday night, please realize that we will be eating at Daniel, a superb French restaurant. The three course prix fixe is $98, without tip (20% recommended) and without drinks. Considering the quality of the food, that is actually a bargain. If you want to join us on Friday night for dinner, notify me no later than Tuesday September 25, 8 pm, Eastern Standard Time U.S. Thanks. If you don't want to join us for dinner, you are welcome to join us for our adventures exploring the New York City nightlife. Prepare to stay out late! 8)

If you plan on hanging out with us on Friday night, please realize that we will be eating at Daniel, a superb French restaurant.

The three course prix fixe is $98, without tip (20% recommended) and without drinks. Considering the quality of the food, that is actually a bargain.

If you want to join us on Friday night for dinner, notify me no later than Tuesday September 25, 8 pm, Eastern Standard Time U.S.

Thanks.

If you don't want to join us for dinner, you are welcome to join us for our adventures exploring the New York City nightlife. Prepare to stay out late! 8)

It all sounds great. And a late nite it will be, last year I think I got back to the hotel around 5 in the morning......

I am counting the days now, 65 still to go.

^ On second thought, if people are traveling a long distance to come to the meet, then we can always change dinner venues for Friday night....will be back with more details. EDIT: I just don't want to risk making a first time heel meeter who is traveling feel excluded. A final update coming within a few days.

Since hotel prices are so out of sight in NYC (and we don't spend much time in the hotel anyway) why not move Daniel's to Saturday night. Then out of towners could fly in Saturday morning, join in for the fun on Saturday afternoon and a great dinner, enjoy the night life till 5 am, and head back to the airport for the flight home. There, just saved $250 and still had a blast! GWL

^ he,he that's an ambitious plan....the downside is that Daniel is out of the price range for some probable attendees. Since my goal is to maximize attendance and make sure no one feels left out, it's probably best to reserve Daniel for Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I intend to make it. It will be my first time out!

So about the places... Via Delle Zoccolette seems cool... I'm going to walk by there today & check it out. I've been to Daniels a couple of times & it IS unreal. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had. But I warn you, it usually ends up being more than a bill... especially if you have a drink or two.

I am excited to finally go out in my heels & also meet some of you guys... my current girlfriend said she would come with me & wear her Aldo beauties!

So about the places... Via Delle Zoccolette seems cool... I'm going to walk by there today & check it out. I've been to Daniels a couple of times & it IS unreal. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had. But I warn you, it usually ends up being more than a bill... especially if you have a drink or two.

I am excited to finally go out in my heels & also meet some of you guys... my current girlfriend said she would come with me & wear her Aldo beauties!

Great news! Looking forward to meet you there.

8)

I look forward to meeting both you and your GF and am sincerely delighted that you and your GF are going to join us on Saturday and eagerly anticipate your Post Heel Meet Review. If your response is like 99% of everyone else that attends a meet, you will walk away feeling refreshed with a renewed sense of self-confidence.

Regarding Daniel, is that the best or what? I've been there a few times as well and among all the restaurants I've dined at throughout the world, I honestly have to say Daniel is the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at my work roster, I have 16 days off of work between October 22 to November 6. I'm proposing to visit my family in NY during that period (not for the entire period I might add!), so I may be able to attend this meet. I'm not going to promise anything yet as I've just moved into my new flat and it may end up not being financially viable for me to fly over this year. I'll let you know anyway.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

8)

I look forward to meeting both you and your GF and am sincerely delighted that you and your GF are going to join us on Saturday and eagerly anticipate your Post Heel Meet Review. If your response is like 99% of everyone else that attends a meet, you will walk away feeling refreshed with a renewed sense of self-confidence.

Regarding Daniel, is that the best or what? I've been there a few times as well and among all the restaurants I've dined at throughout the world, I honestly have to say Daniel is the best.

I gotta tell you, me & my girl are crazy foodies & have tried lots of the top restaurants here in the city and I can tell you what my top 5 are.

1st) Jean-georges @ the trump plaza on Central park west. best meal I've ever had. period. Frogs legs in garlic soup, sea urchin sushi, squab with cracked skin.. ahhh...we also got special desserts (for my birthday) and were able to try around 16 different morsels sized ones. (4 per plate)

2nd) Daniels - Incredible service, food (perfect soup, crazy quail with garlic) & amazing cocktails. A bit stuffy (jacket required), but I did meet Daniel Boulud & got to speak to him in my terrible french. :unsure:

3rd) Atelier de Joel Robuchon - best burger I've ever tasted (foie gras & kobe beef) UNREAL.

4th) Bouley (David Bouley) - ALso a bit stuffy, but fantastic wine list & one of the best desserts & small dishes.

5th) Anisa (anita lo) - Unbelievable breadpudding, chinese soup dumplings & the single best piece of chicken I've ever had.

P.S. Excited about this meet too! What's the deal though? Is it a sit down dinner? or just drinks? and how many people (guys in heels) do you think will show?

Luckyguy: First of all I have to say that I look forward to see you and your gf in NYC. I am kind of a foodie myself sometimes and I like trying out different cuisines whenever I can. My work have brought me to many places, and believe me, I have tried most of the menus. France has to be my favourite country when it comes to food.

I think there will be a "mini pre heel meet" (does those exists?) on Friday at Daniels, would love to meet you there.

About what will take place at a heel meet; Kneehighs really is the one that should answer it but as I have been on a few meetings myself I think I am quite safe when I say that the meet will be whatever we decides it to be. My guess is that we meet at the restaurant Via Delle Zoccolette and have a light lunch, or maybe breakfast for some people. Chat for a while while we decide what to do the rest of the day. Last year we stayed for 2-3 hours I think and the plan after that was to go and see the dog parade (Halloween remember) in the nearby park but because of the raining the parade was postponed to the next day.

Instead we followed Hellonheels and visited some local shoe shops and finished up the shopping tour at DSW at Union Square (wasn't it union square?) where shafted bought a pair of boots.

We finished the day by having dinner at an Italian restaurant.

During the meet we also decided to meet up for the halloween parade the coming tuesday and so five of us spend yet another great evening together.

You will find out that we are all pretty regular guys with kind of a special interest. The topics last meet covered everything from Hot Rods & aviation (me and HOH bored everyone else with this so we had to change subject *s*) to fashion and of course also heels. Simply put, we just learn about each other and makes friends from all over the globe.

If you read about the earlier meets you will find that I participated in my first meet August last year and the meetings and friends it has given me have brought me to Amsterdam, NYC, Reykjavik, London and Copenhagen. And last week-end kneehighs stayed at my place two days after the Cph meet. But I guess you have read all about that meet already.

Looking forward to meet you in NYC in just 5 weeks from now. YIPPEEE!

I gotta tell you, me & my girl are crazy foodies & have tried lots of the top restaurants here in the city and I can tell you what my top 5 are.

1st) Jean-georges @ the trump plaza on Central park west. best meal I've ever had. period. Frogs legs in garlic soup, sea urchin sushi, squab with cracked skin.. ahhh...we also got special desserts (for my birthday) and were able to try around 16 different morsels sized ones. (4 per plate)

2nd) Daniels - Incredible service, food (perfect soup, crazy quail with garlic) & amazing cocktails. A bit stuffy (jacket required), but I did meet Daniel Boulud & got to speak to him in my terrible french. :boxing:

3rd) Atelier de Joel Robuchon - best burger I've ever tasted (foie gras & kobe beef) UNREAL.

4th) Bouley (David Bouley) - ALso a bit stuffy, but fantastic wine list & one of the best desserts & small dishes.

5th) Anisa (anita lo) - Unbelievable breadpudding, chinese soup dumplings & the single best piece of chicken I've ever had.

P.S. Excited about this meet too! What's the deal though? Is it a sit down dinner? or just drinks? and how many people (guys in heels) do you think will show?

Hey! Nice restaurant review list there.

As far as Daniel goes, we are going there on Friday night for dinner, probably around 8-9 pm. If you and your GF want to join us, please inform me b4 9/26 as I want to book our table 30 days in advance--the earliest date Daniel will allow.

As far as Saturday goes, think casual :unsure: and nothing fancy as we want to stay within the various budgets of all potential attendees.8) admirer5577's summary is quite accurate. For all meets beyond the London World Heel Meet, we pretty much "play things by ear" after the initial group meet up. Plans thereafter mostly depend on what the group as a whole feels like doing. Sometimes that means just lounging around a restaurant for a few hours. Other times that means walking around and shopping. For me the most important element of a heel meet is connecting with other people and discovering new friendships.

See you soon.

EDIT: we expect about 6-8 guys in heels to show

Looking at my work roster, I have 16 days off of work between October 22 to November 6. I'm proposing to visit my family in NY during that period (not for the entire period I might add!), so I may be able to attend this meet. I'm not going to promise anything yet as I've just moved into my new flat and it may end up not being financially viable for me to fly over this year.

I'll let you know anyway.

Sounds GREAT! That would be awesome if you could make it over for the NYC meet.

ok cool... I don't know if we'll be able to make it to Daniel's but Saturday is on. I'll be honest, I'm a bit terrified that it's during the day... but I guess I have to deal with it eventually.. Are 5 inch stilletto boots too much? agh, just thinking about doing this is freaking me out, but I'm also excited to finally do it.

ok cool... I don't know if we'll be able to make it to Daniel's but Saturday is on. I'll be honest, I'm a bit terrified that it's during the day... but I guess I have to deal with it eventually.. Are 5 inch stilletto boots too much? agh, just thinking about doing this is freaking me out, but I'm also excited to finally do it.

5" stiletto boots are not too much. As you already probably know, it's the Saturday before Halloween when much of the city will already be celebrating Halloween in advance, thereby providing you with a believable excuse if needed.

Most people don't even notice anyway as you will experience. You could always wear some flats to the meet and bring your heels to change into later. A lot of people at past meets have done that.

5" inch stilettos are not too much. I did 5" stiletto knee boots at last years meet in NYC. And as KH says, it is Halloween week-end too so don't worry, you'll be just fine.

Not knowing how much experience you have in walking in heels outdoors, it is much harder than walking around indoors. Not only is it softer on carpets but also you just walk a few steps and then you stop, sit down or whatever. I DEFINITELY recommend you to bring a change with you if you're in doubts. One hour/2 miles in 5" heels can kill you if you haven't done it before and I don't want you to spoil an otherwise perfect day.

Looking forward to see in NYC.