Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

I wasn't quite sure how to answer the poll concerning painted toes. I have kept clear nail polish on my toes for years, and on occasion I have had clear polish with a slight pink tint. But to me I consider "painted" toes to be a color, not just clear polish. In all my years I only had one comment about my toes...a young man behind me in line at a convenience store asked if my toes were polished. I said yes, and he replied, "that screwed up man..." I didn't think much of it because I was wearing a pair of red Nine West slides at the time that he didn't even comment on! I do shave my legs during the winter months and have worn a silver anklet from time to time.

Style is built from the ground up!

Have just returned from 2 weeks vacation where I have had black toe-nail polish (and wore open sandals the whole time) and - at my wife's suggestion - french manicured finger-nails. This is an absolute first as my wife has always been vehemently opposed to my nail polish in the past. Oh Happy Days :smile:

Hello guys this is my first post here, thanks god i found this thread because i thought it was not normal what i was doing. I started painting my toes since like 16 years old not often but whenever i wanted i did it my self......with my moms pedicure set. Years passed and well i started to love the french pedicure, and i stared to do it my self, but always hidding it just for me and i don't know to feel good, i like it because i have a foot fetish on womans feet so i love feet and well i started trying it on me. This year i went to a conference in US i'm from central america, so i went and i always wanted a professional pedicure, but haven't done it in my country because it's so small that i'm scared someone finds out , my friends or friends of my wife.....did i said i was married.........jejeje ok my wife knows about my foot fetish, she has gorgeous feet, but she doesn't know that i love to have my toe nails painted, so when i do it i do it my day off, our days doesn't match, so i spend my day off alone, and that's when i paint my toe nails..........Anyway this year i went to US for aconference and i decided to go to a nail salon so i went in miami and it was a vietnami salon, my heart was beating so fast, because i didn't knew about the reaction of the people inside, i said can i get a pedicure, they said yes very nice, so i sat down on the chair they i stared to soak my feet on the water. There were 3 woman getting manicure, so i was really embarrassed, the woman were giving me that look, and well i was on my thing, at some point i told the girl that was doing my pedi that i wanted a french pedicure she just told me ok............would you like a flower on it? i said no, so she began to do the french pedi and the woman just froze of seeing me getting a pedicure i was so blush my heart was racing like hell..but i was already there so i tried to get calm.........so 2 more girls got in the salon and they saw me and they were chatting btw them i know it was about me but fuck it i was never going to be there again.......so i finish my pedi and they put me some of those sandalls for salon to dry your nails, because i was using close shoes.......sho they got dried and i was so amazed of what i did.........i went back to the airport because my conference was in DC, so i was doing the inmigration line where they check you and ask you to take of your shoes, and well i for got to put sox on my feet .......so i had to take my shoes offf in fron t of everybody and walk with my french pedi and again blushed and stuff..........i had that pedi for about 3 days and when i was on DC i ent to another salon, to get another one, i think it was the rush of being in the salon and watching the peoples reaction............this time was a little bit akward in DC because the woman that did my nails was not sure about it actually she over charged me $10 more because they were not used to do french pedi's on men, so i paid them and i was happy. So that experience was in march and i want to do it again, i would love to tell my wife but i don't know what she'll say, she's quite open with the things i ask her to do with me or the things i like.........but i don't know if she'll think that's something GAY to do, you know for her probably will be the first time hearing that a man wants to have a french pedicure on his feet. What you guys recommend to keep doing it whenever i can and i go to another country...thou it's quiete expensive, or to tell her and not now what she'll do or say or think about me. HELP!!!

If you're only doing the French pedicure and not adding color, just say you read about it on the internet one day on a whim, and that you decided to do it for hygenic reasons.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

If you're only doing the French pedicure and not adding color, just say you read about it on the internet one day on a whim, and that you decided to do it for hygenic reasons.

it looks so easy when you say it...........i know she'll probably won't dump me or get mad at me, but i mean she might start to get thoughts about my sexuality you know how woman likes to mess up with their minds.....

I would love to do it i've been about to with the words on my tonge but i know i can't do it and it sux cuz i love to have a french pedicure on me........like i told you i loved the 3 times i went to the nail salon, it's a complete different feeling.

And it will be just for me and her, i won't use sandals aoutside the house, it's just for me to feel i don't know..........to feel that my toes look nice......pretty much, i don't want more people to know about it just her.

Thanks....... question how you did it did you told your wife....or it was her idea?.........or how was it.

it looks so easy when you say it...........i know she'll probably won't dump me or get mad at me, but i mean she might start to get thoughts about my sexuality you know how woman likes to mess up with their minds.....

I would love to do it i've been about to with the words on my tonge but i know i can't do it and it sux cuz i love to have a french pedicure on me........like i told you i loved the 3 times i went to the nail salon, it's a complete different feeling.

And it will be just for me and her, i won't use sandals aoutside the house, it's just for me to feel i don't know..........to feel that my toes look nice......pretty much, i don't want more people to know about it just her.

Thanks....... question how you did it did you told your wife....or it was her idea?.........or how was it.

Just do it - I never ever thought my wife would accept my nail polish and has called me some nasty names in the past. Whilst I have had polished toe-nails for a couple of years in the summertime, finger-nails have been neutral, clear or very pale pink with ivory tips. However, on vacation, she suggested I wear white french tips as my earlier post so obviously has come to accept it.

Just do it - I never ever thought my wife would accept my nail polish and has called me some nasty names in the past. Whilst I have had polished toe-nails for a couple of years in the summertime, finger-nails have been neutral, clear or very pale pink with ivory tips. However, on vacation, she suggested I wear white french tips as my earlier post so obviously has come to accept it.

Wow just Wow, i don't know if i can handle my wife calling me nasty names because of that..........i'm afraid that she thinks i'm gay when i'm not and actually as i read gay guys don't paint their nails..........but i don't know if she will feel like i'm gonna come come out one of this days jajajaja.........i know i'm straight guy, but i love th french pedicure on my feet...........it's just so hard to tell her....hey baby can i have a french pedicure?........after it comes the why's?.........what?..........how come? are you gay?..........is something wrong.........what people are going to say? you guys know all the implications.

Jojo how you told your wife how you did it?

Wow just Wow, i don't know if i can handle my wife calling me nasty names because of that..........i'm afraid that she thinks i'm gay when i'm not and actually as i read gay guys don't paint their nails..........but i don't know if she will feel like i'm gonna come come out one of this days jajajaja.........i know i'm straight guy, but i love th french pedicure on my feet...........it's just so hard to tell her....hey baby can i have a french pedicure?........after it comes the why's?.........what?..........how come? are you gay?..........is something wrong.........what people are going to say? you guys know all the implications.

Jojo how you told your wife how you did it?

I didn't tell her - I just polished my nails (black toes and pink & ivory finger nails). Whilst handling the baggage going on vacation, I tore one thumb nail down to the bed. My wife suggested she apply one of her false nails which was pre-polished french white. When I said the white would appear odd compared to my other nails she then suggested I did them all french white. I couldn't believe it! As I said earlier, she has called me gay (but knows I'm not), and had told me it was a complete turn-off for her, so her reversal came as a complete shock. Whether this was all just because we were away from home or not I don't know. I work away from home so I guess I'll find out when I get back.

Don't worry about it and just to it. If you want to have painted toenails, they are your toenails and other people's opinions shouldn't matter. I have been wearing bright red or hot pink polish on my toes for several years and get a professional pedicure in a nail salon every two weeks. There is even an article on Suzi's Blog on the OPI website about men getting pedicures and wearing colors on their toes. Basket ball players like Charles Barkley, NASCAR driver Scott Speed, World Fight Champion Chuck Liddel, Tori Spelling's husband and other guys get pedicures and wear colored polish on their toenails. It really is not a big deal! Just do it. If you want to try something really fun get a pedicure and have your toenails painted bright red with a white french on the tips. It is so pretty. After you get your toenails polished, don't forget to wear open-toe sandals everywhere so that everyone can see your pretty toes. You will get a lot of compliments from women. I have even seen pictures of Sarah Palin on the internet wearing high heels with pretty red toenails. Jamie

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Don't worry about it and just to it. If you want to have painted toenails, they are your toenails and other people's opinions shouldn't matter. I have been wearing bright red or hot pink polish on my toes for several years and get a professional pedicure in a nail salon every two weeks. There is even an article on Suzi's Blog on the OPI website about men getting pedicures and wearing colors on their toes. Basket ball players like Charles Barkley, NASCAR driver Scott Speed, World Fight Champion Chuck Liddel, Tori Spelling's husband and other guys get pedicures and wear colored polish on their toenails. It really is not a big deal! Just do it. If you want to try something really fun get a pedicure and have your toenails painted bright red with a white french on the tips. It is so pretty. After you get your toenails polished, don't forget to wear open-toe sandals everywhere so that everyone can see your pretty toes. You will get a lot of compliments from women. I have even seen pictures of Sarah Palin on the internet wearing high heels with pretty red toenails.

Jamie

Thanks jamie for encourage me to do it like that........i think that's the way it should be, but still i don't know, about my wife reaction, i don't know if that will lead on a turn off for her about me, i'll not want to affect our relationship that we have, we've know each other for 10 years already, 3 married, and i think she'll say, this has been 10 years of lying, or something like that, maybe i'm just doing a pretzel in my mind about this..........maybe yep i should tell her about it and be happy with it, but still for me hwer opinion counts a lot i can't just dicht her, or not care about what she thinks.........but i'll try to do it.......

And if anybody else wants to give me pointers of how to do it or tell me your stories about how you confess it.it will help thatnks a lot.

It is really best to just be honest with her and tell her that you like having your toenails painted and if you are like me that you like to wear high heels. My wife and I went to a concert the other night and we both had red toenails and were wearing high-heel sandals. She was wearing a pair of spike heels from 9 West and I was wearing a pair of wedge heels from Payless. If you look down at our feet you would think that we were two girls. The worst thing that you can do is to have secrets from your wife. Also, it is important to understand that you can't suppress your desire to have painted toenails and wear high heels. I realize that I am a girlie-guy and that I like girlie things and that there is nothing wrong with being a Jane-Girl (opposite of Tom-Boy). I would suggest just getting a pedicure and showing your wife your pretty toes. Also, you can show her some articles on the internet about famous guys that wear nail polish on their toes. The most important thing is that you have to be yourself and be honest with your wife. If you are girlie, then it is something that she should know and that she should accept. It doesn't change the person that you are.

Thanks jamie for encourage me to do it like that........i think that's the way it should be, but still i don't know, about my wife reaction, i don't know if that will lead on a turn off for her about me, i'll not want to affect our relationship that we have, we've know each other for 10 years already, 3 married, and i think she'll say, this has been 10 years of lying, or something like that, maybe i'm just doing a pretzel in my mind about this..........maybe yep i should tell her about it and be happy with it, but still for me hwer opinion counts a lot i can't just dicht her, or not care about what she thinks.........but i'll try to do it.......

And if anybody else wants to give me pointers of how to do it or tell me your stories about how you confess it.it will help thatnks a lot.

It is really best to just be honest with her and tell her that you like having your toenails painted and if you are like me that you like to wear high heels. My wife and I went to a concert the other night and we both had red toenails and were wearing high-heel sandals. She was wearing a pair of spike heels from 9 West and I was wearing a pair of wedge heels from Payless. If you look down at our feet you would think that we were two girls. The worst thing that you can do is to have secrets from your wife. Also, it is important to understand that you can't suppress your desire to have painted toenails and wear high heels. I realize that I am a girlie-guy and that I like girlie things and that there is nothing wrong with being a Jane-Girl (opposite of Tom-Boy). I would suggest just getting a pedicure and showing your wife your pretty toes. Also, you can show her some articles on the internet about famous guys that wear nail polish on their toes. The most important thing is that you have to be yourself and be honest with your wife. If you are girlie, then it is something that she should know and that she should accept. It doesn't change the person that you are.

Thanks 4 your response, despite that i don't wear high heels, i feel very comfy wearing my french pedi when i do it my self.........i have to tell you guys that this past days i've been dying to tell my wife about it and i'm trying to be as honest as possible but it's very hard, when your wife sees in you a man, someone strong and more.......so i decided to tell someone about it to see the reaction, it's a female friend of mine that also knows about my foot fetish.........so i told her that i had something very personal to tell her but i didn't know what was going to be her reaction, so i told her that i've always wanted to wear nail polish on my toes and to have pedicures, so she told me but that's not something that bad, it's not like you're going to put red nail polish on your toes, i asume it's somethng clear....i told her well kinda, i've always wanted to wear a french pedicure on my toes, and i explained her that for me and only for me, becuase i like how it looks, so i wanted to have it to see how i feel............so then she replied to me that well it was not something bad, that it was cool if i wanted, she even offered to do a pedicure on my toes, jejeje, i didn't tell her that i have done it before, i wanted to be like a first time experience, trying to emulate like if it was me telling to my wife..........just for you to know she doen't know my wife........so we kept chatting about it and she told me that tomorrow she'll do a pedicure on me and she'll tell me how looks and stuff............at the begginning i felt embarrssed for telling her but after i felt a little bit more calm and even she was able not to freak out about it........i asked how she would feel if her husband tells her that wanted to wear a french pedicure.........she replied to me that it was different because her husband never care about feet, her feet or his.........she told me your wife knows about your foot fetish so i think it will be easier for her to digest because she knows that you already love feet..........so fellas that's how my story goes i'll let you all know when i'll tell my wife and her reaction.........

thanks for hearing me and any comments will be very much appreciate it.........and tomorrow after my pedi i'll try to take some pictures of my feet so you can tell me if i should or not wear a french pedi.

thanks

i really enjoy doing my toenails and wearing open toe sandals or even my flip flops out to the store or other places. my gf didnt like it at first but she has gotten a little more used to my keeping them polished . i would love to get the nerves to go get a pedicure

Good luck with your pedicure. Also, I wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with wearing red polish on your toes. After wearing the French Polish for a while, you may want to change to wearing red polish. It is not really a big deal.

Thanks 4 your response, despite that i don't wear high heels, i feel very comfy wearing my french pedi when i do it my self.........i have to tell you guys that this past days i've been dying to tell my wife about it and i'm trying to be as honest as possible but it's very hard, when your wife sees in you a man, someone strong and more.......so i decided to tell someone about it to see the reaction, it's a female friend of mine that also knows about my foot fetish.........so i told her that i had something very personal to tell her but i didn't know what was going to be her reaction, so i told her that i've always wanted to wear nail polish on my toes and to have pedicures, so she told me but that's not something that bad, it's not like you're going to put red nail polish on your toes, i asume it's somethng clear....i told her well kinda, i've always wanted to wear a french pedicure on my toes, and i explained her that for me and only for me, becuase i like how it looks, so i wanted to have it to see how i feel............so then she replied to me that well it was not something bad, that it was cool if i wanted, she even offered to do a pedicure on my toes, jejeje, i didn't tell her that i have done it before, i wanted to be like a first time experience, trying to emulate like if it was me telling to my wife..........just for you to know she doen't know my wife........so we kept chatting about it and she told me that tomorrow she'll do a pedicure on me and she'll tell me how looks and stuff............at the begginning i felt embarrssed for telling her but after i felt a little bit more calm and even she was able not to freak out about it........i asked how she would feel if her husband tells her that wanted to wear a french pedicure.........she replied to me that it was different because her husband never care about feet, her feet or his.........she told me your wife knows about your foot fetish so i think it will be easier for her to digest because she knows that you already love feet..........so fellas that's how my story goes i'll let you all know when i'll tell my wife and her reaction.........

thanks for hearing me and any comments will be very much appreciate it.........and tomorrow after my pedi i'll try to take some pictures of my feet so you can tell me if i should or not wear a french pedi.

thanks

I would really encourage you to go and get a professional pedicure. The foot message is wonderful and it feels to good to be pampered. I love getting pedicures every two weeks and sometimes go to different salons. You can either bring your polish or pick a color that they have available in the salon. It is so relaxing. I am always treated like one of the girls and I talk to all of the nail techs and women in the salon. It is a very relaxing experience.

i really enjoy doing my toenails and wearing open toe sandals or even my flip flops out to the store or other places. my gf didnt like it at first but she has gotten a little more used to my keeping them polished . i would love to get the nerves to go get a pedicure

Sorry if i ofended you jamie it was not my intention, but i mean she told me asked me.....i told her that i wanted a french pedicure that's the one that i like.

She came today and well i thought it was going to be a spa treatment but she was runningout of time so she just paint them.

Here's the result let me know how they look if my feet are to wear a french pedi.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good luck with your pedicure. Also, I wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with wearing red polish on your toes. After wearing the French Polish for a while, you may want to change to wearing red polish. It is not really a big deal.

I think that you French Pedicure is very pretty and that you should get out and show off your pretty toes in some women's sandals with heels. I also think that your toes would be pretty with red polish. I love the look of having the toenail painted red and then a white french tip across the top. You may want to try that.

Jamie

Sorry if i ofended you jamie it was not my intention, but i mean she told me asked me.....i told her that i wanted a french pedicure that's the one that i like.

She came today and well i thought it was going to be a spa treatment but she was runningout of time so she just paint them.

Here's the result let me know how they look if my feet are to wear a french pedi.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has got me seriously thinking about painting my toe nails. I'm not brave enough yet to go to a nail salon so will be giving myself a pedicure sometime. I want more color than a French Pedicure so thinking I'll paint them red when I do paint them and when I get better at applying polish paint them red or something with a French tip.

I've had toenails red, black, brown, blue, wine, and french with pearlescant, but not red with french white tip as Jamie suggests. I'm intrigued and will probably have this the next time I get my pedicure. To everyone else thinking about toe-nail polish - go for it. Even my wife is becoming accepting, that has been my only hurdle. Summer months I wear sandals almost every time out so my polished toes are always on show - no one give's a fig (and why should they - they are my toes).

This thread has got me seriously thinking about painting my toe nails. I'm not brave enough yet to go to a nail salon so will be giving myself a pedicure sometime. I want more color than a French Pedicure so thinking I'll paint them red when I do paint them and when I get better at applying polish paint them red or something with a French tip.

That's great for you! If you want to ease into it, one thing you could do is go for a more neutral (almost pale) color first. I'm sure the act of painting your nails, and walking around knowing you have polish on then, will give you enough of a rush, regardless of what color you put on.

In terms of going to a nail salon, if you push yourself to go within the next two weeks, you have a perfect excuse - Halloween. You could say, "My girlfriend is dressing me up as a ____, she bought me sandals to wear, and she wants to see my toes in a bright red color." If you come back after that, you might say, "My girlfriend got turned on by the thought of me getting my nails done at a salon", and then just wink;-) .

If you do go, and you are happy with the nail tech that worked on you, you should ask for her name, and what her work hours are. At least initially, it might be easier to deal with the same person.

Please post a followup if make it there, I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your experience.

I bought some pedicure stuff today and just put on the first coat of polish. I decided to go a bit more subtle than red for my first time (even though my feet are nearly always covered) and went with a pale pink. Fly Away from Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear line to be exact.

We'll see how they look in a little while after I get done painting them. I already know the polish isn't going to be perfect but then again it is my first time and I'll get better with practice.

I painted my nails and I think it looks pretty good for a first time. Turns out the polish is nearly the same color as the natural color of my nails so except for the fact they are shiny it is hard to tell I'm wearing polish. I'm of mixed feelings about this as part of me wanted a discrete color and another part wants a color that is at least sorta noticeable.

I painted my nails and I think it looks pretty good for a first time. Turns out the polish is nearly the same color as the natural color of my nails so except for the fact they are shiny it is hard to tell I'm wearing polish. I'm of mixed feelings about this as part of me wanted a discrete color and another part wants a color that is at least sorta noticeable.

This is exactly how I felt and I think what holds us back is a fear of criticism. Having now gone beyond this stage, all I can say is I have had none whatsoever when out and about. Only from my wife, who, as above, is now getting used to it and is becoming accepting. I think her problem was the same as ours, a fear of criticism of being with a man wearing nail polish. She has now also seen nobody cares so she is mellowing and actually suggested a colour for me to use recently :winkiss: .

Go for it Shorty (and let us know how you get on) - you'll not regret it.

..I'm of mixed feelings about this as part of me wanted a discrete color and another part wants a color that is at least sorta noticeable.

shorty82, you took a big step by applying polish to your nails, you should be proud. Just think of yourself in a big group or women all saying, "I thought that color would look different when it was applied..." I'm sure you're not the first one who ended up selecting too conservative color than they originally wanted.

If you enjoy the process of switching nail colors (removing the old, applying the new), then you might buy some new bottles of polish that progressively get more vibrant, and switch every few days / once a week. That gives you some flexibility: maybe during a weekend, you might want to go 'up' to a brighter color, but then come the following week, you can change 'down' to a more reserved one.

Hello y'all i hope you're doing just fine, i've been reading this thread since my last post, and well it's so awesome that more people have decided to go for nail polish on your peds. I have to tell you the past to weeks have been rough for me because i wanted to tell my wife so bad but i can't, i can't get the nerve to do it.....but somethign happened and i think it's good, i hope you remember my last post that i confessed this thing to a friend i have a female friend and she did a pedicure for me a french pedicure, well this past weeks actually she told me that she wanted to paint my nails again but other colors.......actually she told me that she felt turned painting my nails....i don't know if it was the fact of watching me with nail polish or the fact of painting my nails...........she wants me to try red, or wine and dark colors but i don't know with what she told me now it's me the one feeling some fear because she felt turned on about it and i don't know if she will leed that to something else with her..........so i might go for another color next time but i'mstill thinking it, if i go for it i'll post some pics of my peds.

Hello to everybody as i post before my friend wanted me to try wine color on my nails and here's the result........also i brought some silver flat sandals because i was walking on the mall and i saw them and i wondered how they'll look o my feet......

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

I only looked at one picture because you used imageavenue which makes you go through two pages and an ad before you can see the picture. You know it is possible to upload images to HHPlace and attach them which also has the added benefit of not disappearing like pictures hosted elsewhere tend to do after a while.