I finally went public

seth_nj111

Hi all, So this is my first post here - i've been lurking a while. Anyway, I finally built up the confidence to go heeling in public. I put on a pair of ankle boots with a stacked heel. I worse these because I can walk in them very well and wanted to try and go un-noticed. First place I went was a convience store to get a cup of coffee. My pants just about covered the heels so it wasn't very noticable. Second stop was a hardware store to pick up a gallon of paint - again - nobody really noticed, or I didn't notice anyone looking. Third stop - Lunch - was in a booth so my shoes were not so noticable. My s/o was actually looking to see what kind of reactions we would get and she wants to do it slow so going out with my knee hight boots over my jeans isn't going to happen so fast, but at least she has a comfort level to at least try it now. So that night we decided to go out for dinner and I put on mens shoes and she asked 'no boots tonight?' I took that as a 'time for more heeling' and put the same boots on, however this time I was not in my long jeans and the boots where more noticable. While waiting in line at the resturant I did notice a few people see my boots, and nobody commented or even thought much of it. So after being seated at a table, my boots were very noticable and had no place to 'hide' my feet. I started to get really nervous but then as time went on, I started to relax a bit. Then out of nowhere a couple we don't know walks up to us. The women looks at me and says 'I couldn't help but notice your heels and asked why I was wearing them' My s/o jumped in to save me and said 'he lost a bet'. She replied 'oh, that is really funny, my husband lost a bet also, she reached down, pulled up his pants a bit to show off his 4 inch stiletto boots. We chatted a while and that was that. Major confidence boost. Little did that women know, I will be out in heels again, and I bet her husband looses another bet on purpose just to go heeling. seth

...snip....Then out of nowhere a couple we don't know walks up to us. The women looks at me and says 'I couldn't help but notice your heels and asked why I was wearing them' My s/o jumped in to save me and said 'he lost a bet'. She replied 'oh, that is really funny, my husband lost a bet also, she reached down, pulled up his pants a bit to show off his 4 inch stiletto boots. We chatted a while and that was that. Major confidence boost. Little did that women know, I will be out in heels again, and I bet her husband looses another bet on purpose just to go heeling.

seth

Congratulations on your outing and pleasure to meet you! ;)

This incident just blows my mind. Beyond the highly unremotely likelihood of that happening, I wonder if you didn't just cross paths with some members from here?

Looking forward to more stories!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I wonder who it was, maybe someone from here. This happened this past weekend, at rain forest cafe in Menlo Park Mall (edison, NJ) , anyone out there meet me?

Going to try and get out heeling again soon... i'll post my experience..

It wasn't Hellonheels was it? ;)

Thanks sharing that absolutely random story! I think that meeting will help to extend you and your wife's comfort zone a bit further. :o

Happy heeling for the future!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Seth, Welcome. I have gone public when I lived near Tampa, Fla., and I have seen in major metropolitan areas of the U.S., it seems that people really don't give a hoot about other people, what they are doing, wearing, etc. I now live in a small town in Tennessee, and still haven't got the courage to go public...People here would not understand. Anyhow , congrats, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

The old "He lost a bet excuse" gets a lot of outings. Well done on some good outings. You shouldn't expect people to comment. It's rude to make personal comments about people, and more importantly, it says a lot more about the person making the comment than it does about the person to whome the comments are directed.

Hi all, I got very very brave today. Oh the way home for work I needed to stopped off at a grocery store to pick up a few items. There happened to be a payless shoes in the same mall so I had to go in. There were some boots on sale for end of season so I picked up a pair in my size and was about to purchase and leave without trying on. They are ankle boots with about a 4 inch heel (standard heel style) and a kinda squared off toe. I looked around and noticed one other customer paying for a purchase and 2 salesgirls. I braved it and tried them on and walked a bit. I then put them back in the box and bought them. When the salesgirl was ringing them up she just gave me a smirk as I am sure she noticed that I tried them on. I went to drop them in the car prior to going to the grocery store. I decided to brave it and put them on. I only needed a few things and was out of the store in 10 minutes. I had no comments but did catch 3 people that noticed. One older women just gave me an odd stare, a younger women, maybe early 20's who just gave a double take, and a middle aged man who just stared and stared while I was in line. It didn't bother me and I just paid for my items and clicked my way out of the store :o;)

Hi all, Last night we went to the movies and my wife suggested I wear the new boots I bought the other night. I jumped at the chance. I changed my pants to a longer pair that sat nice around the boots and off we went. Once at the theater everything was fine and going well until my wife noticed a friend with her husband. I saw her friend coming towards us so I was about to make a dash for the concession stand when my wife just took my hand and said 'just relax'. She and her friend made small talk and then her friends husband came up with popcorn and such... And then he made a comment 'when did you get so tall', which of course my wifes friend repeats the question. So I just said 'it must be my shoes or something' They both look down and I get a smile from her and a very odd look from her husband. Then she asks me why I am wearing heels. My wife responds for me that we get a rush out of doing some out of the norm things. So then her friend looks at her husband and says 'ya that is fun, like the time we were in vegas and I dared you to wear a skirt all day' So needless to say, what I thought was going to be a really bad encounter turned out to be ok. We ended up going out with them after the movie for a snack. Nothing exciting happened at the resturant and I didn't notice if anyone saw what was on my feet. Seth

Maybe I have a suspicious mind but it sounds like the wife just might have mentioned to her friend that the two of you would be at the movie that night. You'd be amazed what women share about their personal lives.

Congratulations! Sounds like you have a 1 in a million SO, and good friends to. Sounds to me like you should, for no apparent reason, buy flowers. When she asks “What for?”, you can thank her for the support.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi all, So we decided to go away for the weekend and I prompted my S/O that I only pack heels. She's a bit unsure of it that I will have no choice but to wear heels the entire weekend. Any thoughts or ideas on how I might convince her? Keep in mind she is not ruling out that I wear heels, just that she is suggesting bringing mens shoes as well. Thanks Seth

It depends on where you'll be going and what you'll be doing. ;) You can bring men's shoes just to be sure, and to keep her at ease. Then not wear it. Hahaha. Well, you at least you can, just in case. :o

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

Depending on how used to wearing heels you are, you might want to take some flat shoes. Your s/o will not be impressed if the weekend is spoiled by you being in pain. To be honest though you're lucky to have a supportive wife / gf, I'd take some male shoes too. Give and take and all that! Chris

How about going with ONE pair of man shoes and some girlie flats for comfort if necessary. That might make wifey less nervous. Just because you have them doesn't mean you must wear them, you know.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Sorry I havn't posted for a while - it's been busy and havn't had a chance to do much heeling with some family visiting. Now that things are back to normal, I got a chance to go out the other day and test out my courage. My wife came up with a neat game to help me along for the day. We played video game and if I won, I choice my outfit, if I loose, she gets to pick. Sounded like a fun idea so off we went. Next thing I new I was getting my butt kicked in the game. Right after I lost, she took me upstairs and handed me a box. To my suprise, she bought me a pair of pumps with a 4 1/2 inch stiletto heel. I almost jumped out of my skin - till she handed me a pair of capri pants to shoe off my new shoes. I sucked up my fear and we went out to a few stores and lunch. I got a few odd looks but nobody made any comments. Hopefully this weekend will be a repeat!!! Seth

congratulations, even though my wife supports my crossdressing, i still haven't got tha chance off going out with her wearing heels, we live in a small town and unfortunately there is still much prejudice. glad for you.