any play PC games

I'm playing UT2003 under Slackware 11 at the moment, and am going to have a go at getting Half-Life going on there as well. I've also just bought Black for my PS2, but I can't aim using a joypad and keep getting shot to bits. :rocker: Chris

for consols I have a N64, Gamecube, Wii, & Xbox. I love the pc game Half life all of them are good i have Half life 1 & 2 an epsiode 1 oh and the Nintendo Wii is the most amasing game system I have ever played

I play them all FPS, RTS, Role Play, adventure, Strategy and Racing. Finished Need for speed Carbon and F.E.A.R. Extraction point last month, currently busy with Neverwinter nights 2. Now I only need a hero in heels.......

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

I recently traded in my PS2 for an Xbox 360... since I am on my 2nd "Xbox 360" - premium - not the "Core System"... sytem and my 3rd controller... I WON'T recommend one!... the first one lasted 31 days before the DVD drive died... the games I have are, Just Cause, Saints Row, and Test Drive Unlimited and when it comes out I'll be getting Half-Life 2: Episode Two on the 360!... I would have bought it on the PC... but Nvidia has dropped AGP8x for PCi Express...

"Now I only need a hero in heels" Check out the Seraphim in Sacred. How she manage to run in those FMBs I'll never know. - Peter (mainly a RTS player)

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

PC Yeah Oblivion...Heroes of Might and Magic V....Roma Victor....F.E.A.R.....Call of Duty2...Anarchy Online..... Love MMORPG... If you like you can see my "littel" Pc 2@ my Photo Buket link :biggrin: P4930D 3,0@3,8 XFX7900GT 550/1630@578/1754 OC Love it and WaterCooling Rocks :irked: All made by my self... Next step on it is to paint it Black indside and get 1 more 7900GT for SLi and drill some holds for the Cables.... Sorry my happy ness for it got me up and running :rocker:

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

PC Yeah

Oblivion...Heroes of Might and Magic V....Roma Victor....F.E.A.R.....Call of Duty2...Anarchy Online..... Love MMORPG...

If you like you can see my "littel" Pc 2@ my Photo Buket link :biggrin:

P4930D 3,0@3,8 XFX7900GT 550/1630@578/1754 OC Love it and WaterCooling Rocks :irked: All made by my self...

Next step on it is to paint it Black indside and get 1 more 7900GT for SLi

and drill some holds for the Cables.... Sorry my happy ness for it got me up and running :rocker:

Had a LAN yesterday with Loads of Call of Duty2 games played. I also enjoy Warcraft Frozen throne and F.E.A.R. Combat.

I've got a small AMD 939 4400+ dual core with 2gb RAM, MSI 7800GS and 950gb harddisks. Gaming Rules!!

Had a LAN yesterday with Loads of Call of Duty2 games played. I also enjoy Warcraft Frozen throne and F.E.A.R. Combat.

I've got a small AMD 939 4400+ dual core with 2gb RAM, MSI 7800GS and 950gb harddisks. Gaming Rules!!

Hehhe Yeah Lan Party is lotz off fun :rocker: Nice PC you have then... Hmmm you have 100GB HardDrive more then me :biggrin: heheh

Hmmm...do you mean games BUILT for the PC, or does emulation count too? As far as stuff FOR the PC, I have StepMania, which is the free version of DDR, and I have it loaded up with tons of songs on it. I also have emulators for arcade, Genesis, Atari 2600, NES/SNES, and TG16 with about close to 5000 games there. (they're small) Often times though, I play my console games.....mainly PS2, XBOX (NOT 360), Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast, and Saturn. I keep the DC for Shenmue mainly :-) Yes....I'm an 80's arcade nerd, so I love me emulator! Woo-hooo!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

80's arcade nerd, never thought about that till you mentioned it. You could clasify me in the same catagory. I started playing games when it was still the little white block on the black TV screen that you had to hit with a lon white stripe. I only have PS and PS2 but mainly use my PC for gaming. Now and again I'll dust off some classics and play them on the consoles. Any type of fighting game or racing game is just better on consoles.........

"Watercooling rocks"? Hmm. My present PC is watercooled. I love it. However, I'd refer folks who want to try it to http://theozzardofwiz.livejournal.com/11509.html for how to steam-clean a computer if they want to try it themselves - basically, make sure your plumbing skills are up to scratch. Mine weren't!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

I bought Guild Wars a few days ago, but I can't play it until I "remodel" my computer with more memory, a new processor and motherboard, and a new graphics card. My favourite games: doom, all the quakes, all the tomb raiders, painkiller, the sims, all the unreals, american mcgee's alice, heretic, hexen

If your PC can handle Quacke 4 or the last Tomb raider then it would most definately handle Guildwars......

Ohhhh Yeah.... Q4 and Tomb are killers :wink:

And if you can run Oblivion IV all on in 1280*720 then Go play Guildwars!

I'm not up-to-date at all, and know nothing about the newest titles- I prefer oldies but goldies. I'm a BIG fan of Fallout 1 and 2 (I also played Tactics, but I like FO1&2 more). I also like C&C Red Alert 1 and 2 and Yuri's Revenge, and Half-Life 1 (with many mods). I usually prefer single-player HL mods, and playing RA2 online. Oh, and I love some oldschool arcade games too- i.e. Commander Keen etc :wink:. I started playing around 1990, I used my brother's IBM (yeah, true IBM :D) PC XT with- AFAIK- Intel 80286. There were two 5.25" floppies and no HDD. A: was a system disk (yeah, it was DOS 3.xx, no Windows and simmilar inventions!) and B: was an application' game disk. The monitor was AFAIR 14", monochrome with amber light. Good old times...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a real CSI fan, and have all the pc games! I always a sucker for detective style games, where you have to find clues to get you to the next step in the game. One of my favourites is Circle of Blood, which takes you to different countries, where you meet very colourful characters!

I only play Retro Arcade games. These I usually play on MAME, the free source multi arcade machine emulator. These are my favourite games: Defender, Stargate, Battlezone, TimePilot 84, Asteroids. I also play a Defender clone called Last of the free which has more accurate control than Defender. Getting the ROMs for these games can be a bit tricky as are some aspects of the MAME set up, but everything is available free on the net if you look hard enough. Any questions about MAME, feel free to ask me. My Hi-score on Defender is about 200K. On Last of the Free it is about 450k. Last of the Free is no less frantic, but the code is slicker, and your control buttons actually always get read when you press them! Battlezone, 300k. TimePilot 84, 150k. They are not record scores by any means, but better than most people I know.

(snip)

My Hi-score on Defender is about 200K. On Last of the Free it is about 450k. Last of the Free is no less frantic, but the code is slicker, and your control buttons actually always get read when you press them!

Battlezone, 300k. TimePilot 84, 150k. They are not record scores by any means, but better than most people I know.

Nice scores, Firefox! You're one of the few I've seen that knows Time Pilot '84, much less played it. I'm still torn after all these years, which Time Pilot was actually better.

Now Gyruss? Oh yeah! Now that was a game! Made it all the way to Mercury on that one! (the Sun on the home version).

Bonus geek points if you can guess this game quote: Does anyone dare challenge my imperial fleet? (yes, the game SPOKE this!)

You ARE good, Firefox! And to think I didn't think anyone would get that one. :-) Too bad the good days of the arcade are long-gone, since I vividly remember whittling away many an afternoon playing Zaxxon, Dig Dug, Pole Position, Pengo, Moon Patrol, Gyruss, and tons of others. aheh....oh! What? Oh yeah....we were talking about PC games here. Sorry........got lost in my nostalgia. Long live MAME!

You can run MAME on a PC so I guess that counts ;)

It's actually amazing what you can get hold of in the retro games market.

Original arcade cabinets with working games $200-300. And reproduction stuff like this:

http://www.arcadeshop.com/games.htm

Posted Image

It comes with a brand new Jamma board that you can program with 8 different games. Just download the roms from the net and connect up the board to your serial port. Original gaming fun on brand new hardware and no dodgy 80's chips and worn out PCB's.

Ihave played Runescape and Myst but I love console games. I have and I have played all of the Grand Theft Auto games from GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. The last one I haven't beaten yet. I also love The Legend of Zelda and have them all. I have Twilight Princess beat. My console lineup Nes, Snes, N64, Gamecube, PS One and PS 2. So besides the internet My games keep me bussy. If you like you hero heeled than try Blood Rayne, I don't know how she can jump run and do everything in those heels.

77r90dL lf